Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that today, we need a more robust timeline, such as when Lucy went to the area how much time has elapsed etc. well we have no right to know but would be useful to build a picture. I assume the police will know this
I agree he quite probably did set off with the intention of walking to the next bus stop, and the one after that possibly- so why wander off the path? If he did wander off did he take Lucy’s advice and head back to where he came from and then carry on along the road? Walking to the bus theory would also lead him to the next town which has the potential sighting of him at 6pm if he stuck to the road he was seen walking along. Still at 6pm he wasn’t known by the wider public to be missing so although noticed, no one would have thought much of some bloke who appeared slightly out of it early evening, sat with 2 other men (until a few days later when he was all over the press and that person went to the effort of even getting the CCTV to share with the police) At this point he could have easily been in one of the cafes or even several unnoticed. I doubt he had no cash on him as he had some in his room, so the chances are he left some and carried some. If this was him, it creates a whole different search area and a whole different thought process. At the moment the search has seemed very heavily focused on the assumption he was out of it either on drugs or alcohol and that for some unknown reason cross country looked more appealing than the roads. Are the buildings they are now searching closer to this possible new sighting?

I think these are all the million dollar questions, Iv read a few reviews regarding some of the trails and seen some experienced hikers say they can be difficult to navigate without maps, I wonder if he has tried to head back, and became lost?
Iv discussed at length and all my friends are in agreement - we would sit there or head to a road until someone arrived. I do feel there was possibly a little more discussed on the call than is been said.
I am keen to find more out about this potential sighting, as I do agree this would change the the case entirely.
Iv seen in a few articles
I was thinking that today, we need a more robust timeline, such as when Lucy went to the area how much time has elapsed etc. well we have no right to know but would be useful to build a picture. I assume the police will know this anyway.

Came here because I can’t stomach the social media pages any longer. The amount of vile, horrible human beings on this earth is astounding. I pray this young man is found and brought back to his family . JMO , but I don’t believe anything criminal has happened in this case. I believe this young man was up all night partying ( as you do when you’re young ) , ended up in the mountain and unfortunately has either fell or collapsed and passed out .
Lots of experienced hikers with the correct gear and equipment lose their lives on mountains due to misadventure every year why is it so hard to believe a young boy , who obviously was not in his best state , with no experience of mountains or had correct gear on , has had a misadventure ?

Fully agree with your POV. A good friend of mine lost his life in mountains due to falling and he was a military search and rescue technician out in the mountains on a training manoeuvre with other military SAR personnel! His body couldn't be recovered for a long time. Albeit he was in a different country in diff circs the point being is that even the most highly qualified and fit person can lose their life to an accident in mountains and still be unreachable.

I think it's fair to say that a disoriented young lad in a strange country who if the witness report is correct stated he was lost, his phone was nearly flat and he was out of water, has very likely got into trouble in the rough terrain. JMO MOO and obviously it would be great if he can be located alive and there's another explanation it seems unlikely.

I think these are all the million dollar questions, Iv read a few reviews regarding some of the trails and seen some experienced hikers say they can be difficult to navigate without maps, I wonder if he has tried to head back, and became lost?
Iv discussed at length and all my friends are in agreement - we would sit there or head to a road until someone arrived. I do feel there was possibly a little more discussed on the call than is been said.
I am keen to find more out about this potential sighting, as I do agree this would change the the case entirely.

Definitely.

I keep drawing comparison to Michael Moseley who was found in Greece recently, the consensus being he was overcome by heat/exhaustion and was found by chance as opposed to someone specifically looking for him in that area, and was right near area with cafes etc. a good few days into the organised search for him.

Been watching the Italian Job this afternoon, those twisty mountain roads in it were scary to look at let alone walk on, so if they anything like the ones in Tenerife I can imagine he was scared to walk on the twisty mountain roads, had a couple of near misses with cars, and decided to go “off road” instead and walked into the dangerous terrain

Since I am watching a class on my other open window while trying to catch up here I am confused about something. Read that someone reported seeing J on a trail bench talking to two other guys. Are we thinking that these are the same guys from the rented house where he stayed or totally different? I did not catch how far apart these were. TIA

According to that timeline, no one went to where he was last seen or even started to look for him until the Tuesday, including Lucy- how long would you sit and wait for before deciding they aren’t coming though? The thought that no one went to where he last pinged from until the following day is really sad, but also backs up my own theory that although he was in the middle of nowhere he wasn’t out and off a road and she thought he would still be able to make his way back to somewhere and get help and didn’t think he was in any imminent danger until Tuesday when she went to his last location. I think there is a strong possibility from the phone conversation she believed he would be able to make his way back to the apartment and thats why she focused on locating it (and I think that could have likely taken quite a lot of the day)

Since I am watching a class on my other open window while trying to catch up here I am confused about something. Read that someone reported seeing J on a trail bench talking to two other guys. Are we thinking that these are the same guys from the rented house where he stayed or totally different? I did not catch how far apart these were. TIA
Shouldn’t think so, those 2 men are black, am sure police would have asked for a description of the other 2 on the bench so it doesn’t sound like it is the same guys

We don’t know, but reading the original post way back when I think it could be either, not enough information has been shared to know.

"Rescue teams

spotted searching small hut

close to where phone 'pinged' on Monday.

View attachment 512497

Rescue teams looking for Jay Slater have been searching in and around this small hut here north of Masca today.

It is situated in an area very close by to where his mobile phone is said to have 'pinged' on Monday morning.

The search is now in its seventh day."

I think these are small buildings off of the Barranco Juan Lopez trail - the roofs look similar in orientation 28°18'51.3"N 16°51'00.6"W

My gut feeling is that they are NOT the same guys from the rented house, but I have seen nothing to back this up.

Came here because I can’t stomach the social media pages any longer. The amount of vile, horrible human beings on this earth is astounding. I pray this young man is found and brought back to his family . JMO , but I don’t believe anything criminal has happened in this case. I believe this young man was up all night partying ( as you do when you’re young ) , ended up in the mountain and unfortunately has either fell or collapsed and passed out .
Lots of experienced hikers with the correct gear and equipment lose their lives on mountains due to misadventure every year why is it so hard to believe a young boy , who obviously was not in his best state , with no experience of mountains or had correct gear on , has had a misadventure ?
I don't think it is hard to believe that that might be what's happened. But it's the job of LE to consider all the other things that could have happened, including foul play or some kind of accidental incident that involved others and has been covered up. They also need to decide how reliable they consider the basic missing person information they've received to be, as almost the entire operation so far has been based on the impressions of a single person who may or may not have been in the "best state" either. Plus they'll have lots of contextual information we don't, such as what all those investigated so far have been up to while on Tenerife, and how (if at all) they're connected to each other - any of which might point them in a different direction from an accidental death.

Personally I think it's a bit too soon to expect to understand what's gone on here.

JMOO

I think these are small buildings off of the Barranco Juan Lopez trail - the roofs look similar in orientation 28°18'51.3"N 16°51'00.6"W
I do believe this is the trail that a lot of
According to that timeline, no one went to where he was last seen or even started to look for him until the Tuesday, including Lucy- how long would you sit and wait for before deciding they aren’t coming though? The thought that no one went to where he last pinged from until the following day is really sad, but also backs up my own theory that although he was in the middle of nowhere he wasn’t out and off a road and she thought he would still be able to make his way back to somewhere and get help and didn’t think he was in any imminent danger until Tuesday when she went to his last location. I think there is a strong possibility from the phone conversation she believed he would be able to make his way back to the apartment and thats why she focused on locating it (and I think that could have likely taken quite a lot of the day)
I think this is where crossed wires are happening. From what I understood she contacted police by 9am Monday and explained Jay was lost, but they didn’t start taking her seriously until the Tuesday when he hadn’t returned. I think people are presuming she reported him missing on the Monday, but I think she was just informing them and due to the launage barrier there’s been some sort of miscommunication. I was personally under the impression she travelled up there that day, before family arrived Tuesday?

I think this is where crossed wires are happening. From what I understood she contacted police by 9am Monday and explained Jay was lost, but they didn’t start taking her seriously until the Tuesday when he hadn’t returned. I think people are presuming she reported him missing on the Monday, but I think she was just informing them and due to the launage barrier there’s been some sort of miscommunication. I was personally under the impression she travelled up there that day, before family arrived Tuesday?
The Metro timeline states that the police and British Embassy were contacted on the morning of Monday 17th June.

My post showing the location of Jay’s last photo got deleted for not having links, so here it is again. He was standing on the doorstep looking out.

Apologies for it being the Mirror, first source that came up although these pics are all over the news sites.

Quoting self but can we just discuss this “outfit”. Are they shoes? He was wearing white trainers earlier in the night I get borrowing a blanket or joggers or whatever, but footwear? Is it definitely him?

By Ashlie Blakey
  • 11:11, 18 JUN 2024

I've never been so worried in my life. I was there all yesterday, a lovely lady messaged me on Facebook and said she had hired a car and would drive me up there", added Lucy.

"We were there all of yesterday, we were driving around looking around everywhere, looking in all the nooks and crannies."

The dirt road looks very similar to that on the Barranco Juan Lopez trail. There are likely several old huts around in those hills, but the orientation does resemble the hut. One does have to go through the cactus belt to get to that place.

If they were searching there certainly some LEO have already been down the rest of the trails and have not found anything of interest for the search.

*right, I agree. Why wasn't this the first place to search?
People in hi-vis jackets stand near a brick hut

Members of a search and rescue team look near the last known location of Jay Slater, near the village of Masca in Tenerife.

Outbuildings close to where the missing teenager Jay Slater’s phone last picked up signal are the current focus of a police search in Tenerife.

On Sunday, Spanish police were searching around two structures at the bottom of a ravine in the park. They were seen examining the inside of blue barrels outside one of the small buildings.

Quoting self but can we just discuss this “outfit”. Are they shoes? He was wearing white trainers earlier in the night I get borrowing a blanket or joggers or whatever, but footwear? Is it definitely him?
Good question. It looks like someone wearing harem pants or similar to me. Unless the lighter in the hand holding the cig is distinctive to someone who'd recognise it, it definitely begs the question of who this is and, following from that, whether someone other than him had his phone a lot earlier than anyone had reason to be worried about him.

ETA I also wondered if the hand might be his, but might be around the waist of someone else in distinctive clothes.

JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member