Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JS contacted L and said he was lost, why would she report him missing to the Police? If she got his location why report him as missing to Police so soon? If someone is lost would you not just say stay where you are (if you knew their location) and I will come and pick you up? Was he in some kind of trouble, a situation that he had to get away from quickly? I still can’t understand why the woman was the only person to see him after he left that house.

If JS contacted L and said he was lost, why would she report him missing to the Police? If she got his location why report him as missing to Police so soon? If someone is lost would you not just say stay where you are (if you knew their location) and I will come and pick you up? Was he in some kind of trouble, a situation that he had to get away from quickly? I still can’t understand why the woman was the only person to see him after he left that house.
Did L contact Police immediately after the phone call? Or after going up there and searching for him to no avail?

Maybe he was feeling anxious /paranoid

JMO

Last edited:
It sure is relevant to what kind of person he is (!!!) but I don't see how it could be connected to his going missing in Spain. I mean, what would that entail - someone with a grudge back in England followed him to Tenerife and to the Airbnb and took revenge on him while out walking?
It is relevant because it could show he keeps bad company and makes bad choices. Maybe this is someone who didn’t learn from their mistakes and found himself in another bad situation.

You would go pick your friend up.

according to L comment on the facebook post (With screenshot of location) L made on the Tenerife group after the phone call, a number of people in the replies suggested she contact the police straight away so that could be why.

You would go pick your friend up.
Did he say something on the phone that made her think his safety and well-being was at risk? I think in the UK someone has to be missing for a certain period of time unless there are at risk concerns? It just seems odd that she would report him as missing so soon. If he was lost it would have been a case of picking him up, making sure he stayed put if she knew the location. Only one person saw him after he left the house. When his phone pinged, would that have been when he was on the actual phone or not during a call?

Did he say something on the phone that made her think his safety and well-being was at risk? I think in the UK someone has to be missing for a certain period of time unless there are at risk concerns? It just seems odd that she would report him as missing so soon. If he was lost it would have been a case of picking him up, making sure he stayed put if she knew the location. Only one person saw him after he left the house. When his phone pinged, would that have been when he was on the actual phone or not during a call?
I said in one of my earlier messages that I worried maybe he had been pranked and it went wrong. Now I am thinking maybe set up instead of pranked. His friends did not seem to look out for him.

I said in one of my earlier messages that I worried maybe he had been pranked and it went wrong. Now I am thinking maybe set up instead of pranked. His friends did not seem to look out for him.

Don't we keep seeing it reported that they offered him a drive back to his hotel, but understandably, later in the day after they had slept and recovered from their night out.

I dont see that as failure to look out for him. I think that would be quite reasonable and it wasn't their responsibility to babysit him until then. I would also assume that later, when they would be able to go back to the major town he just wasnt around so they tried calling him and go no answer on his phone, so they assumed he had found his own way back.

Don't we keep seeing it reported that they offered him a drive back to his hotel, but understandably, later in the day after they had slept and recovered from their night out.

I dont see that as failure to look out for him. I think that would be quite reasonable and it wasn't their responsibility to babysit him until then. I would also assume that later, when they would be able to go back to the major town he just wasnt around so they tried calling him and go no answer on his phone, so they assumed he had found his own way back.
I meant his main group of friends.

In this article: "Jay Slater cops probe if his background 'relevant' to disappearance" it does say he was sentenced to "18-month community order with 25 days rehabilitation activities and 150 hours unpaid work for violent disorder", the rehabilitation activities suggest drug/alcohol misuse.
The judge was incredibly lenient in his sentencing IMO, all eight defendents laughed in court and Jay went on holiday to Tenerife without having completed his sentence.

Would he have had to get permission to travel? How does that work, anyone know?

The judge was incredibly lenient in his sentencing IMO, all eight defendents laughed in court and Jay went on holiday to Tenerife without having completed his sentence.

Would he have had to get permission to travel? How does that work, anyone know?

I am not so sure he was supposed to from a legal standpoint but I may be wrong. Maybe he had his term cut in half like they do in jail.

I thought she had her own car? Did she call the police before or after? Do you have a link?

So obviously if he'd gone to get the bus he wouldn't have got lost because it [the stop] was visible from the front door."

Not long after Jay first disappeared an American woman had offered to give Lucy a lift up into the mountains where he was last seen so she could look for him.

An emotional Lucy said: "We drove around all day", but there was "literally no sign of him anywhere".

This is really going over old ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member