JLM Charged in 2005 Farifax Rape Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse Matthew Moved to Fairfax Co. Jail in Preparation for Friday Hearing
Katie Brooke reported tonight
http://www.wset.com/story/27364682/jesse-matthew-moved-to-fairfax-co-jail-in-preparation-for-friday-hearing
According to Fairfax County Chief Deputy Clerk Gerarda Culipher, Friday's court appearance is a status hearing. She says normally a status hearing will involve assignment of the judge that will conduct his trial and may include setting a trial date.

Matthew Moved to Fairfax for Court Hearing
Henry Graff reported tonight at 6pm
http://www.nbc29.com/story/27364121/matthew-moved-to-fairfax-for-court-hearing

Jesse Matthew transferred to Fairfax jail
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:31 pm
By Dean Seal Posted: Wednesday, November 12, '14 9:31 pm
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/jesse-matthew-transferred-to-fairfax-jail/article_23ec0cce-6add-11e4-8206-6b22132b1e44.html

I imagine that over time we'll see him lose some weight and muscle tone, too, at least while he's in jail. Prison will be a different story. Imo.

Judging from my son's experience as I saw it, and as he related it to me, jail is a much more unpleasant place to be than prison. That may have to do with the fact that the prison my son was in was minimum-security, though. I doubt that will be the case for JM. So perhaps that part of what I said is all wrong.

Still think he'll lose some weight.

In that booking picture above, he also looks like he might be starting to realize what terrible trouble he's in. Good for him. :maddening: Imo.

I imagine that over time we'll see him lose some weight and muscle tone, too, at least while he's in jail. Prison will be a different story. Imo.

Judging from my son's experience as I saw it, and as he related it to me, jail is a much more unpleasant place to be than prison. That may have to do with the fact that the prison my son was in was minimum-security, though. I doubt that will be the case for JM. So perhaps that part of what I said is all wrong.

Still think he'll lose some weight.

In that booking picture above, he also looks like he might be starting to realize what terrible trouble he's in. Good for him. :maddening: Imo.

Totally agree with you regarding his booking photo. The smirk he had in previous shots has been wiped right off his face. He looks really ragged out.

I'll probably regret saying this, but if he had brutally murdered one of my daughters, and I knew he was being transferred between jails at a certain time, I would have a difficult time not turning into a grief-stricken vigilante. I'd want to kill him myself, no matter what the cost to me.

Horribly selfish of me to say that, given there is more than one victim to have been brutalized by him, but I really don't think I could be as good of a person as the Grahams and the Harringtons have proven to be. They have shown remarkable grace under the most horrific of circumstances.

Sounds like John Grisham's first novel - A Time to Kill.

Sounds like John Grisham's first novel - A Time to Kill.

I totally think that the reason they moved him in the middle of the night, and the reason they were SO quiet about it, was that they didn't want anyone trying to go all vigilante on him. I doubt it's just the parents who feel the way Concerned Mama feels. Imo.

I totally think that the reason they moved him in the middle of the night, and the reason they were SO quiet about it, was that they didn't want anyone trying to go all vigilante on him. I doubt it's just the parents who feel the way Concerned Mama feels. Imo.

I think, too, it was to avoid traffic/accidents/waiting in traffic and all the opportunities that might pose but even more simply to catch him off guard, so he'd be less likely to try anything. To book him at 1:40 in Fairfax, they would have left here around 11:30 pm. He'd have been tired as it would have been past bedtime. I think that's what you're seeing more than anything else - fatigue. All JMO.

Thank you Heroine. Looks like justice is starting to weigh. You can see it in his eyes, I think.

View attachment 63411 Young
View attachment 63407 TX
View attachment 63406 VA
View attachment 63408 Fairfax
View attachment 63409 Fairfax is that botox droop?
I just think he looks exhausted, likely from the horrible mattresses he has to suffer with. [emoji25]

I just have a hard time thinking he's feeling remorse or guilt or the weight of his situation (unless it's purely about his own fate).

Yes, and the media would have been all over it like white on rice! They often transport late at night unannounced on high profile cases.

I doubt it. Strangers don't go vigilante on criminals (no one went after Anthony or Zimmerman, and there was a ton of anger/tension surrounding those cases) and the cases where a family member goes vigilante usually happens in the heat of the moment (like the man who caught someone raping his child and killed him). I don't think most people can premeditate a killing of another person, no matter how vile that person is.

Do you think he did botox treatments to change his appearance from sketch??

Botox is expensive. Given what we know of his finances, I don't think he spent that kind of $$ on that. JMO.

Botox is expensive. Given what we know of his finances, I don't think he spent that kind of $$ on that. JMO.
I don't see him as a Botox user, either. It's hilarious to think he is, but I don't think it's realistic.

I could,however, be persuaded to believe that he wasn't paying his rent bc of hair extensions, botox, and fancy cocktails...

The above article also says they don't expect a plea tomorrow. I was under the impression that would happen and was hoping that plea would be guilty to avoid a costly, lengthy, emotionally exhausting trial for the victim. "At what should be a brief hearing in Fairfax County Circuit Court, prosecutors and the defense will likely set a trial date and submit motions for discovery of evidence in the case. Matthew is not expected to enter a plea at the hearing."

This article - http://www.nbc29.com/story/27382321/jesse-matthew-to-appear-in-fairfax-court-friday - says that a psychiatric evaluation should be done. Interesting. "Legal analyst Lloyd Snook explains that according to the state's Speedy Trial Act, Matthew has the right to take this case to trial within five months of that indictment. Snook also says the defense obviously wants a mental health evaluation.

“I don't think they're as concerned about the deadline as they are - they need to make sure that they've covered that base. This is clearly a case where there ought to be a psychological evaluation done. It may not lead to anything, but it ought to get done,” said Snook."

Do you think he did botox treatments to change his appearance from sketch??

It was one of the first impressions I had of his various pictures at various stages. His eyes are much wider before his arrest than they were during in his pictures from previous times. I think at one point it seemed from reviewing all the pictures that he did have that stetched wide-eye look botox treatment causes. It is kind of hilarious, but I don't care about his looks as much as there is somebody out there, perhaps a somebody he knew from the hospital who may have done the botox, perhaps off the books. It'd be interesting to know what he told that person was the reason for doing getting botox around his eyes. Maybe he didn't want anyone associating with the perp sketches again? Well, he is in a single-cell monitored confinement tonight in Maiden VA and no remedy for the kind of droop the ensues when botox treatment wears out or he's very very very sad and tired from his transfer when they took the picture. I think he will do what he can with what he has not to look like his Fairfax sketch.

By Justin Jouvenal November 13 at 5:59 PM

Thank you for the posting. Forgive me for adding the info. It helps me remember where I read things. So this cagey predator is taking advice from his Fairfax lawyers over Camblos, possibly. Could this be what Camblos was trying to avoid when he was trying to chief the defense?

"Fairfax County assistant public defender Robert Franks did not explain the change, but simply said the request for an evaluation would not be submitted. James Camblos, the attorney that signaled his desire for the evaluation, did not return a call for comment.

"Defense won’t seek psychiatric evaluation of Jesse Matthew."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z12

This signals to me that they've already decided to plead guilty and have JM throw himself on the mercy of the court. This is exactly the scenario that Coy and Wolf discussed yesterday afternoon on Situation Room, except Coy added the caveat that it would depend on which judge was appointed to hear the case. They'd want to plead if they were assigned a judge who tended to sentence based on the minimum guidelines in Virginia law.

This is the scenario in which Coy proposed that JM could be out of prison before he turns 50. That of course is independent of any other convictions he might receive in other cases.

I don't know where you could view Situation Room from yesterday afternoon at this point, but others have posted links from time to time, so I know it can be done. I always watch it on www.cnn.com/go, but that's only for current-day programming.

Jesse Matthew, Suspect in Hannah Graham Case, to Appear in Fairfax Court
Megam McGrath reports Friday, Nov 14, 2014 • at 6:38 AM EST
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ase-to-Appear-in-Fairfax-Court-282679901.html

Preview of Jesse Matthew court hearing
Nadine Maeser reports 06:55 AM EST Nov 14, 2014
http://www.wdbj7.com/video/preview-of-jesse-matthew-court-hearing/29712840

Jesse Matthew Jr to appear in Fairfax court this morning
Nikki Burdine reports 7:43 a.m. EST November 14, 2014
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/201...rfax-county-court-appearance-friday/19014469/

Jesse Matthew in court Friday for 2005 rape, attempted capital murder case
Chelsea Rarrick reports at 7:05, Nov 14, 14
http://wtvr.com/2014/11/14/jesse-ma...sexual-assault-attempted-capital-murder-case/

Jesse Matthew to appear in Fairfax County court today
Daily Progress Staff Reports Friday, 7:30 am, Fri Nov 14, 2014.
http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_bb8b2bda-6bf7-11e4-b52e-e3d846fa3d8f.html

Morning. Hope you're all well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member