JLM *GUILTY* in 2005 Fairfax County Rape Case #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no! I hate those too! The thought kind of makes me feel sick! I hope the judge does turn it down!

That has always been so stupid. Really, who in their right mind would plead guilty if they were really innocent of the charges?

If the state has evidence to convict BARD it means the evidence presented showed him to be guilty as the sin he committed and the defendant damn well knows he is guilty. IMO

LOL! That gave me a chuckle themom. :D

Who knows they may be wanting a lesser sentence of 25 years to life with the possibility of parole.
[emoji5]
That could be.
No matter what, dude is going to jail for a while. I do hope it's the toughest ruling for RGs sake, and to benefit the HG trial. Although, will they be allowed to speak of prior convictions at HG?

It's because the defence doesn't have a case in all reality isn't it? Damn him! Damn Jesse Matthew!

[emoji5]
That could be.
No matter what, dude is going to jail for a while. I do hope it's the toughest ruling for RGs sake, and to benefit the HG trial. Although, will they be allowed to speak of prior convictions at HG?

That is an interesting question. I have seen cases that did allow prior bad acts to be included if the prior crime was consistent with the case being tried. Ultimately it will be left up to the presiding Judge what comes in and what he allows on the next case against JM.

That is an interesting question. I have seen cases that did allow prior bad acts to be included if the prior crime was consistent with the case being tried. Ultimately it will be left up to the presiding Judge what comes in and what he allows on the next case against JM.
Thanks!
I read that the prosecution for HG was in court today, which made me happy.

I feel confident that the alford plea will be denied.

"By accepting Alford Plea, #JesseMatthew's record will show three guilty convictions (which can be used in Graham and Harrington cases."

[video=twitter;608673874679635969]https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/status/608673874679635969[/video]

"By accepting Alford Plea, #JesseMatthew's record will show three guilty convictions (which can be used in Graham and Harrington cases."

[video=twitter;608673874679635969]https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP/status/608673874679635969[/video]
Awesome. Wonder if this is partly why judge accepted it?

Kristin Smith ‏@kristin8news · 2m2 minutes ago
Prosecution says the victim wanted to address jury but now wants to speak with judge to give him her perspective before sentencing.

Nadine Maeser ‏@nadine_maeser · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense understands they want to do it while RG is still here. Hearing set for 2pm next Thursday. @WDBJ7

See you next Thursday.

An Alford plea! I am soooo happy to hear this!

Wow. I admire this victim so much, she was the voice for those who lost theirs to this monster! It's time for JM to tell all.

Can someone explain the Alford Plea results please?

From what I understand, If jury had convicted him, he would have gotten 3 life sentences with no parole.

With Alford Plea, he gets one life in prison sentence w no parole. However, convictions can be on his record to use in future cases.

Is that correct? Doesn't seem like a drastic difference in reality. Just that he's pleading not guilty, but admits there is enough evidence to find him guilty.

Curious about the differences, AND the draw for him to plead Alford.

Well then I am elated that this is over for the victim except when she speaks to the Judge and these convictions can be used in Morgan and Hannah's case. Great news.

He needs to go ahead and plead guilty in Hannah's case to save her parents from enduring a trial. I hope soon he is charged with Morgan's murder as well. The Harringtons have been so patient waiting for justice for their precious daughter who also crossed paths with this sub-human.

IMO

Can someone explain the Alford Plea results please?

From what I understand, If jury had convicted him, he would have gotten 3 life sentences with no parole.

With Alford Plea, he gets one life in prison sentence w no parole. However, convictions can be on his record to use in future cases.

Is that correct? Doesn't seem like a drastic difference in reality. Just that he's pleading not guilty, but admits there is enough evidence to find him guilty.

Curious about the differences, AND the draw for him to plead Alford.

basically the defendant does not admit guilt in an Alford plea but does admit that there is enough evidence to convict him/her

Well then I am elated that this is over for the victim except when she speaks to the Judge and these convictions can be used in Morgan and Hannah's case. Great news.

He needs to go ahead and plead guilty in Hannah's case to save her parents from enduring a trial. I hope soon he is charged with Morgan's murder as well. The Harringtons have been so patient waiting for justice for their precious daughter who also crossed paths with this sub-human.

IMO

i think a plea in hannah's case may or may not occur as the prosecutor has not ruled out going after the death penalty

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3
Back