JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall that. There was some speculation that the athletes at the parking lot where Morgan's phone was found were involved, but that was never an official police theory. The theory seemed to be that she dropped her belongings in the parking lot because she was so incapacitated. Then, she walked across the Copley bridge. Witnesses placed her at the other side of the bridge hitch hiking. That was the last she was seen. There was nothing about hitch hiking, or her remains, that suggested more than one culprit. In fact, DNA from only one suspect was identified.

I don't recall where I saw it, but I remember there being some discussion that LE couldn't rule out the possibility of multiple perps. I remember people discussing the theory that there could have been somebody who helped dispose of Morgan's body. Yes, they have only one set of DNA regarding Morgan Harrington's case but that doesn't completely dismiss someone else being involved in her disappearance or death.

I spent an hour yesterday looking for press reports about DNA evidence related to MH. Can you point me in the direction of where it says that DNA from only suspect was found?

Also, one of the press releases from the VA State Police discussing the discovery on Anchorage Farm refer to "person(s) responsible." Odd phrasing, no?

The FBI specifically mentions a single person, not persons (link). DNA from the suspect was found on Morgan, and that DNA was matched to the 2005 Fairfax attempted rape. Today, there is a forensic link between Jesse Matthew and Morgan's murder.

"But Harrington's parents confirmed this afternoon it was DNA found on Morgan that matches the suspect in the Fairfax case."

http://www.wlox.com/story/12742496/update-morgan-harringtons-death-linked-to-case-in-fairfax

I don't know enough about the Fairfax case, and that is the first I've heard of a suspicious vehicle. This is what was posted in 2010:

"In September of 2005, a 26-year-old walking home from the grocery store on Rock Garden Drive was grabbed from behind and carried to a park. She was physically and sexually assaulted. The man in the police sketch was never caught.

"At that time he apparently had a beard, and of course hair styles and facial hair can change over time, and people can change overtime, especially over a five year period," said Geller."

http://www.wlox.com/story/12742496/update-morgan-harringtons-death-linked-to-case-in-Fairfax

We have seen video of how Jesse targeted Hannah, then spent a little time with her before deciding to pretty much end her life. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Jesse also looked for victims while he was driving, and sized up potential victims before deciding to go ahead with a plan. He got away with rape and murder for almost 15 years, so he must have had some idea about how to identify vulnerable victims, and a plan about how to best lure, or overcome them.

I'm still new so trying to only post things that have not been stated...and I don't think this has. The victim above was followed/stalked upon leaving a grocery store. The 24-year old that went missing near CNU while JM was in Newport News.....she was at a grocery store, Food Lion. Her car was found there in the parking lot the next day. Maybe he found that he could easily find single young women coming out of grocery stores....perhaps offered to help her with groceries ? Just a thought.....given the grocery story tie-in to both.

I don't recall where I saw it, but I remember there being some discussion that LE couldn't rule out the possibility of multiple perps. I remember people discussing the theory that there could have been somebody who helped dispose of Morgan's body. Yes, they have only one set of DNA regarding Morgan Harrington's case but that doesn't completely dismiss someone else being involved in her disappearance or death.

Perhaps there is a link?

The DNA is going to bring more victims, he's young and I believe he has been very busy since his school days. I hope he's enjoying that cold slab his naked a$$ is sitting on.

He'll be in for a real treat once he's prosecuted and sent to death row.

I'm still new so trying to only post things that have not been stated...and I don't think this has. The victim above was followed/stalked upon leaving a grocery store. The 24-year old that went missing near CNU while JM was in Newport News.....she was at a grocery store, Food Lion. Her car was found there in the parking lot the next day. Maybe he found that he could easily find single young women coming out of grocery stores....perhaps offered to help her with groceries ? Just a thought.....given the grocery story tie-in to both.

Do you know the name of the 24 year old that went missing near CNU?

Otto-- Please see my post #279.

What is the quote from that link that is referenced? It looked like a newspaper article from 2010, but I don't know what to look for in the article. Regardless, I think the FBI profile posted on the FBI website is the most reliable source for a profile of Morgan's murderer.

I'm not going to get into the debate of whether anyone helped JLM in any of his crimes. I was just pointing out a possible explanation to why LE may be interested in JM's links to other crimes in which his DNA doesn't match (or does?) to the DNA on file in those cases. There is a reason LE is very interested in JM's possible connections to the Childs/Metzler murder.

I am amazed at the number of unsolved case in the area that r being revisited. This locality seems unsafe for women yet little has been done to educate the people esp the sopomores who probably come from out of town. It also leads to questions abt the performance of police force in the past. In this case They r just giving bits of info without revealing details. I amreally curious what this dna link is. I hope it is fool proof .

I'm not going to get into the debate of whether anyone helped JLM in any of his crimes. I was just pointing out a possible explanation to why LE may be interested in JM's links to other crimes in which his DNA doesn't match (or does?) to the DNA on file in those cases. There is a reason LE is very interested in JM's possible connections to the Childs/Metzler murder.

What other cases are police looking at right now? It was posted upthread that police were looking into a connection between Morgan and Hannah and Heidi Childs, but I haven't seen a link. Is there a link? When I look on google, I see speculation, but not a report quoting police where they are looking into a connection between Morgan and Heidi, or Heidi and Hannah. Is there an article and I'm not seeing it? ... it's possible. I'd like to read about the connection if it's there.

I think a lot of people are now thinking that Jesse must be responsible for all the murders in the area, but we know there's DNA from Heidi's case and we know that it has not yet been connected to Morgan. I think it's quite likely that someone else is responsible for Heidi, but that doesn't mean that Jesse had an accomplice and was also responsible for Heidi. It means that there's DNA in Heidi's case, and it was not connected to the DNA in Morgan's case.

"DNA evidence links Jesse Matthew, a suspect in this month's disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, to the death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, who disappeared in 2009, a law enforcement source told CNN Monday. And state authorities are checking other unsolved homicide and missing person cases for possible connections."

"In addition, authorities said they are studying other unsolved homicide and missing person cases in Virginia: In Campbell County, the sheriff's office is investigating a possible link to the case of Cassandra Morton, whose body was found in a wooded area near Lynchburg in November 2009; in Orange, police are checking for possible ties to the missing person case of Samantha Ann Clarke, who was last seen September 13, 2010; and in Montgomery County, the sheriff's office is looking for possible links to the unsolved 2009 shooting deaths of two Virginia Tech students, Heidi Childs and David Metzler."

http://www.wcti12.com/news/national-news/dna-links-man-to-2-missing-virginia-women/28331306

What other cases are police looking at right now?

"In addition, authorities said they are studying other unsolved homicide and missing person cases in Virginia: In Campbell County, the sheriff's office is investigating a possible link to the case of Cassandra Morton, whose body was found in a wooded area near Lynchburg in November 2009; in Orange, police are checking for possible ties to the missing person case of Samantha Ann Clarke, who was last seen September 13, 2010; and in Montgomery County, the sheriff's office is looking for possible links to the unsolved 2009 shooting deaths of two Virginia Tech students, Heidi Childs and David Metzler."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/justice/virginia-missing-women/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Also, the VSP press release is indented in the article and can also be downloaded as a word file.

Talked to Maurice Godwin, earlier and he said that tomorrow, he will post the geographical profile of the abductor of Morgan Harrington, that he prepared a few years ago.
www.murdertrial.org/article111463/maurice_godwin__examiner.htm
Maurice Godwin; president of Godwin Trial & Forensic ...journal articles on psychological, serial murder, and geographical profiling. ...

MH's phone and handbag were found in the RV parking area of UVA/Arena.

I know that, I am just confused as to where the bridge she was hitchiking on, and why she would leave her bag and phone in the parking lot if she just dropped it.

What other cases are police looking at right now? It was posted upthread that police were looking into a connection between Morgan and Hannah and Heidi Childs, but I haven't seen a link. Is there a link? When I look on google, I see speculation, but not a report quoting police where they are looking into a connection between Morgan and Heidi, or Heidi and Hannah. Is there an article and I'm not seeing it? ... it's possible. I'd like to read about the connection if it's there.

I think a lot of people are now thinking that Jesse must be responsible for all the murders in the area, but we know there's DNA from Heidi's case and we know that it has not yet been connected to Morgan. I think it's quite likely that someone else is responsible for Heidi, but that doesn't mean that Jesse had an accomplice and was also responsible for Heidi. It means that there's DNA in Heidi's case, and it was not connected to the DNA in Morgan's case.

I am just worried this useless PD who has failed to solve all these cases for so long is trying to pile on and fabricate evidence to close other cases. I am not impressed at the chiefs longos handling of this case.

I am just worried this useless PD who has failed to solve all these cases for so long is trying to pile on and fabricate evidence to close other cases. I am not impressed at the chiefs longos handling of this case.

Regardless of anyones thoughts of the C'ville PD or VSP, I doubt the FBI is interested in fabricating evidence to close other cases. IMO. And they are working hand in hand to help solve these cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay