JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a date raper in the same way that Ted Bundy was.

Human, I tend to agree.

But bear in mind right now, what is in it for JM to help LE in this case? Forget the "doing the right thing" with him, that was gone a long time ago. If he did kill Hannah, and knows where the body is, it's not like he's going to get the reward, a pat on the back, and released, be the hero. Nope. He'll be up for the death penalty. He'll be thrown into a tough prison, probably get abused there. Family will have the legacy of a confessed rapist/murderer. Seriously, what's the up side for him?

If he keeps his mouth shut. If LE doesn't find Hannah. If there is no more DNA in that car to prove she was in there, what kind of case does the state have? His attorney is saying very little. He's going to make the statements based on the evidence LE gets and has to share with him during discovery. He could walk. And depending on the DNA link and evidence in the MH case, who knows what kind of case that will be in court? As for the Fairfax rape, if the victim won't come back, I have no idea what will happen there.

So what benefit is it to JM to cooperate at this point in time?

They have DNA,evidence in both Morgan and Fairfax. Hard to get out of that

Depends on the DNA evidence. I am hoping that it's strong enough to support charges. I'm sure the Harringtons will push hard on this. The Fairfax case....the victim may not cooperate.

There would be no conceivable tie between Morgan Harrington '10 and the Fairfax '05 rape without DNA, nor between the college rapes without Hannah Graham. She broke him open.

Doesn't the state make the charge in rape cases with DNA? There was also a witness that saw it.

She was beaten and strangled. Hard to get out of that.

Where I live, the state made it that a domestic abuser is arrested. The person does not get to change his/her mind.

Is that true with DNA rape and the beating? It should be.

If they want to get him, they can try to track down the woman and have her testify via camera.

They don't drop rape charges in a case where a victim dies later, do they?

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/02/how-easily-was-dna-taken-and-tested-in-hannah-graham-case/comment-page-1/

"CBS 6 reporter Joe St. George spent Thursday with forensic psychologist Mike Banks, who explained how easily DNA is left behind.

“If I put my hand on this car door, DNA is left behind,” Banks said.

Banks said DNA is typically left in cars on seat belts and arm rests getting in and out.

“I’m an old geezer – hair can be falling out,” Banks said. “One single hair can prove the fact at least I was here.”

rbbm.

Reports of the escape car seized in TX list the ashtray as stuffed with butts. Wonder if JM is a smoker? JM could have left forensic DNA evidence at 2009 dump site via cigarette butts that was matched to 2005 rape evidence which I assume was likely semen. Serial predators will often return to the site of the attack or in murders, the dump site to relive the experience over and over again. Anybody know if JM smokes and/or if 2009 site analysis revealed anything like cigarette butts?

Reports of the escape car seized in TX list the ashtray as stuffed with butts. Wonder if JM is a smoker? JM could have left forensic DNA evidence at 2009 dump site via cigarette butts that was matched to 2005 rape evidence which I assume was likely semen. Serial predators will often return to the site of the attack or in murders, the dump site to relive the experience over and over again. Anybody know if JM smokes and/or if 2009 site analysis revealed anything like cigarette butts?

In a story I read, he bummed a cig from someone and smoked it that night

I've seen a couple of pics online in social media of him smoking. To my recollection they were cigars of some type. So, not sure of cigs, but it wouldn't be a stretch imo.

Breaking News coming up on NBC News4Washington. JLM Jr was questioned YEARS BEFORE Hannah Graham's disappearance.

ETA: News4Washington is waiting for details from their Charlottesville affiliate NBC 29. So far it is being reported:
NBC 29 Has the details of the early questioning of cabbies re: MH in 2009. In addition, the cab that JLM Jr was driving the night that MH went missing was found on a farm a few weeks ago....info is trickling out.

I posted this in another thread, but I am floored that he was questioned back then re MH and has gotten away this long....if he'd have kept his nose clean he would never have been caught probably.

I posted this in another thread, but I am floored that he was questioned back then re MH and has gotten away this long....if he'd have kept his nose clean he would never have been caught probably.
I've felt... from the night they released the video of him crossing in front of Sal's Pizza came out...that CPD had him in their sights for a long time.

I've felt from the night the video of him crossing in front of Sal's Pizza came out...that CPD had him in their sights for a long time.

I'm stunned they actually already interviewed him re MH, a taxi mentioned

and now a taxi found, hopefully Hannah next

I am just amazed. I was sooooo wrong about Longo and Cville police. They are the best! I hope LE all over the country are watching and learning. Foxfire must be so happy too. This is just what should happen in every investigation. Incredible police work. IMO

Welcome to Ws manimal!
The car JM was driving to escape to Texas, was found with tons of butts, smoked down to the filter.

Matthew, who police confirmed is also linked by forensic evidence to the Morgan Harrington case, was working as a cab driver the night Harrington was last seen. Harrington, a student at Virginia Tech at the time, disappeared on October 17, 2009 after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville. Her remains were found on an Albemarle farm three months later.

One taxi driver says a Charlottesville detective told him back in 2009 Morgan got into a cab the night she vanished. "From when I went back and talked to the city and I asked which taxi cab, she said 'yes she did jump into a taxi cab her last time being seen alive,'” said Melvin Carter, Jr. of Carter's Taxi.

Two of Matthew's former taxi co-workers have told federal and state authorities Matthew was working the night Harrington disappeared.
We have learned that authorities have recovered the taxi cab Matthew was driving. It was found two weeks ago on a farm.

We learned that authorities interviewed Matthew in 2009, following Harrington's disappearance, along with dozens of other cab drivers working on October 17.

http://www.wsls.com/story/26749679/details-emerge-about-matthew-on-night-of-harrington-disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove