JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I need help

What is meant by a forensic link?

Shocked but not surprised. If that makes sense. Sitting here in court twiddling my thumbs. Checked the news for Hannah and bam! Wow.

His behavior screamed that Hannah was not the first. It really looked like it was going to be bigger than this case alone. Thank God for this break. Thank God for people like Chief Longo who don't quit.

So what does this mean in terms of the Fairfax rape victim? I suppose she is linked, too. Would like confirmation on that.

I'm currently studying at uni, I'm a freshman and so many girls think that it's fine to go out alone because their mobile phones will save them. I'm not ashamed to say I'll go to an event with my mom if there's no interest from my friends... Better lame than sorry!

It is so refreshing to hear from a young woman with a good head on her shoulders! Tell your mother how VERY proud I am (as well as every other poster I am sure) of you! YOU can be the difference in your college experience for so many girls who just do not have it together yet!

Somewhere here on WS, I saw the sketch artists's original drawing to the left, then colorized, then morphed onto JM's photo. I've been searching for it everywhere-anyone have a link? That illustration was the first time I thought cases might be connected.

I think its on page 40 of the MH thread....post 980? IIRC

So what does this mean in terms of the Fairfax rape victim? I suppose she is linked, too. Would like confirmation on that.
Interesting they didn't mention that case. Unless the forensic link isn't DNA... Hm.

Omg shocked. It's true. My friend is close w the sheriff they are going to tell the public tn on a press conference.

Ugh, poor Morgan and Hannah and whoever else this monster murdered. I have nightmares about him. Thank God he's off the streets!!!

It was said though that DNA was taken from MHs remains.

There is no way he is going to get out of this and even the best lawyer cant help him now.

IMO

Agree he is DONE and luckily for the grahams (and possibly other families) the only play he has left is to barter information.

What a classy, loving, generous people the Harringtons are! They turned their tragedy into a vehicle to help other parents and to prevent other victims. I'm so happy for them.

I am sitting here crying. I feel such deep sadness for both Hannah and Morgan's family for they both have lost their precious daughters.

Yet I know this is the day that the Harrington's have long waited for and now justice can be served. They will at least know now its over and he will never be able to take another precious life nor brutally rape someone.

I knew it just couldn't be a coincidence with the sketch looking so much like JM and then we learned he drove a cab during the time Morgan disappeared and that was the perfect cover for JM to kidnap her.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he is tied to other missing women in the area and to other rapes.

All the 'giant teddy bear' stuff was to cover up what he really is inside.

It has to break the Graham's hearts though even though they have suspected Hannah had met with foul play all along. They know now in their heart of hearts their daughter is never coming home alive again. I just pray they can find her body so that she will be returned to her family.

She probably died a horrific death like Morgan did.

I really hope they put this man to death. They may not be able to do it in Hannah's case if her body isn't located but they sure can in Morgan's case.

IMO

IDK but they say they like to go to places they are comfortable with even if it means traveling farther (fbi profiler said the in an article on MH that was linked in this thread) and I think he would go somewhere where he is comfortable not just from driving around but from actually being out of the car and walking back into the woods (fishing spots, camping etc.). I think its likely he had explored those woods south of c'ville on 29 extensively growing up. But, there easily could be other areas he had the same type of comfort with. In the end I think it usually is a decision made more of the emotional level of comfort than the logical.

One other thing is we don't know if he ever went to his house with her.

Jesse actually lived in northern Albemarle county growing up because he went to stony point elementary school

I know I am going to have a hard time saying what I am trying to figure out

But

If a forensic link is DNA, JM's DNA it is over, right?
But what if it is a hair or something, not his, but one found at his apartment or in his car that matches up with the forensics in the MH case???

IIDK, JM thoughts as the wording is so vague

The arrest provided a significant break but more work to follow

OK Some things I am reading it is saying that the cases are connected. I am missing the part that he is connected. I am waiting for LE to say it.

They said the arrest of JLM provided a new forensic link for the case. to me anyway its pretty clear.

Makes sense bessie.. It would also be reasonable to conclude that JM is a serial sexual predator/killer and has been active for at least a decade, imo..

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder
Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

SERIAL MURDER

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

* FBI Definition of Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

At one point he did. My mom worked with his dad very long time ago and he used to get off the bus at my parents neighbors house that was either a friend or his babysitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz