JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOM!!! (that is is the sound of several people's egos hitting the floor.) To all of those snarky people who said things like..."So, am I getting this straight, we have gone from a guy who is seen last with HG to now he is a serial killer?" Ummm....YEAH!

There's no need to be rude or "rub it in." There really isn't.

]BOOM!!! (that is is the sound of several people's egos hitting the floor.) To all of those snarky people who said things like[/B]..."So, am I getting this straight, we have gone from a guy who is seen last with HG to now he is a serial killer?" Ummm....YEAH!

I don't think this is actually about winning or loosing or egos

I think we all care what happened to this young girl

We all go about sleuthing differently

"Stay strong folks".. I have a feeling that this is going to get much worse as all of the broken chars of the shattered vase are located...
Great sleuthing to everyone who has contributed.. A Salute to the mods for keeping us straight....

'Prayers to the victims and their families and friends..

Stay Strong by Heather Cohen
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

IMO

With all due respect, I seriously doubt that VSP would even make a statement unless they had pretty strong evidence. They can't be conclusive-- that is considered prejudicial and could hurt a case a the trial stage.

Agree, and knowing that they have DNA to test there is NO WAY like 0% chance that they would let this out if they didn't have a DNA match. They have been very calculated thus far and they are not going to all of a sudden fall asleep at the wheel.

JLMtoMHsketch.jpg
Somewhere here on WS, I saw the sketch artists's original drawing to the left, then colorized, then morphed onto JM's photo. I've been searching for it everywhere-anyone have a link? That illustration was the first time I thought cases might be connected.

Was this it?

so 2 rapes and 2 murders so far!!!!!!!!!!!! so far!!!!!!! moo

"For the past five years, the Virginia State Police has been aggressively pursuing the investigation into the disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke, Va. Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue," Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said in a statement today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-hannah-graham-disappearance-tied-2009-murder-police/story?id=25840656

Wow, I am thrilled for Morgan's parents. They have waited so long for justice for Morgan. Hopefully now they can get it.

Sounds to me like he has a problem with light haired caucasian women. I'd be curious to know description of lady in NOVA. Also the lady in Texas has light hair.

"For the past five years, the Virginia State Police has been aggressively pursuing the investigation into the disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke, Va. Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue," Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said in a statement today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-hannah-graham-disappearance-tied-2009-murder-police/story?id=25840656

thats the official statement and I don't see the word "could" in there anywhere.

I'm sorry but it doesn't say forensic match, it say physical evidence. I'm not biting yet.

I am not asking you to bite, Eiley Mae.

But DNA evidence is physical evidence. Very profound physical evidence in fact.

We already knew they had recovered DNA (physical evidence) from Morgan's remains.

VSP: Forensic Evidence Links Jesse Matthew to Harrington Case
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26653942...thew-to-harrington-case#.VCmMGfyYW2k.facebook
According to Virginia State Police, Jesse Matthew, the man facing abduction with intent to defile charges in connection with the Hannah Graham case, has been linked to another high profile disappearance.

Police confirm that forensic evidence links Matthew to the Harrington case. Harrington, a Virginia Tech student at the time, was abducted and murdered in Charlottesville in 2009 after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena.

DNA evidence was collected from the site where Harrington's remains were found on Anchorage Farm in Albemarle County three months after her disappearance. State police have said there is a link between Harrington's case and a 2005 Fairfax City sexual assault. Police have not released whether Matthew is connected to the Fairfax case.
<sniped - read more>

forensic link. What could it be?

DNA (touch or otherwise)
Fibers from JM vehicle

Where was it found?

on remains
other item with remains

look forward to more details as they become available.

I was telling myself that the only way MH's killer could be found is if he rapes and/or murders again and ends up leaving good clues for LE which is what happened here.

Seen a few posts asking what types of evidence could possibly link these cases.
This is taken from the National Forensic Science Technology Center.
Examples include-
Biological material - blood, semen or saliva
Fibers
Paint chips
Glass
Soil and vegetation
Accelerants
Fingerprints
Hair
Impression evidence &#8211; shoe prints, tire tracks or tool marks
http://www.nfstc.org/pdi/Subject01/pdi_s01_m01_01.htm

I don't think this is actually about winning or loosing or egos

I think we all care what happened to this young girl

We all go about sleuthing differently

I don't think it's about egos either. But my confidence in my instincts? Yeah, that's shattered. I didn't see any of this coming. I am glad (if that word can even be used in this context) that I'm wrong, because it will give MH's parents long-awaited answers and bring this evil person to justice.

forensic link. What could it be?

DNA (touch or otherwise)
Fibers from JM vehicle

Where was it found?

on remains
other item with remains

look forward to more details as they become available.

I think on Morgan's t-shirt found on the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper