JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from people connected to Chief Longo's boss that there will be a press conference tonight where they will reveal of this connection. Not sure what time and where to watch it.

OK, this one is better

And that one says, "Virginia State Police did not reveal any specific details about the nature of the evidence that they found connecting the two cases, but they have asked the public to call in with any information relating to the Harrington case.They also stressed that their main focus remains on locating Graham and bringing her home."

BBM. Didn't they ask the public to call when MH went missing and was later found dead? Do they think anyone is going to have new information at this late date?

Sorry if I sound like I'm defending JM, I'm not. I've just had experience with LE that makes me wary of some of their statements, especially when it's clear as mud.

It is so refreshing to hear from a young woman with a good head on her shoulders! Tell your mother how VERY proud I am (as well as every other poster I am sure) of you! YOU can be the difference in your college experience for so many girls who just do not have it together yet!

I'll tell mum when she wakes up as its 1:30am here ;) I work with a sexual health organisation promoting safety for college girls (and boys!) when they're out at night both personal safety and sexual safety but unfortunately I think when a sicko has a will there's a way. I really wish MH and HG's friends had kept close, who knows what the outcome may have been for the families and girls :(

This is a great list, though unfortunately I don't think many young, slim and small statured girls could overpower someone of JM's stature even if they've got their wits about them. The buddy system is so important, I wish kids would listen!

Let's add to that list: Don't EVER take a drink from a stranger or a mere acquaintance; only take drinks directly from the server or bartender; don't put your drink down - not even for a moment! Finish you drink and THEN go dance!

Sounds to me like he has a problem with light haired caucasian women. I'd be curious to know description of lady in NOVA. Also the lady in Texas has light hair.

The lady in Fairfax was from India or Pakistan.

I'm a few pages behind but, where is Longo??!!! He really, really likes us to hear things "from his mouth first".....

He goes way beyond what is needed to overpower defenseless women. In Morgan's case he broke many bones. I think he gets off on beating them unmercifully.

He has this inner rage again women imo. It makes me wonder if he has a love/hate relationship with his own mother. Often that is the case and we know that it seems his grandmother was the one who raised him.

IMO

Did anyone official ever confirm that Morgan's bones were broken by perp? I know both of her parents have said this and believe it to be true, but wondering if ever confirmed.

Wow, I am thrilled for Morgan's parents. They have waited so long for justice for Morgan. Hopefully now they can get it.

Agreed. But I'm so sad to think how their hearts must break that they tried so hard to save the next victim. They did everything they possibly could..

As for the sketch... it could have always gone either way for me. I saw it as it looking like JM but also as it easily being someone else. But now, the eyes and the beard lines are pretty striking... almost identical?

I'm floored. I honestly didn't think there was a link. My heart breaks for the Graham family because this news only serves to further their greatest fear. I hope the Harringtons can be of some comfort or guidance at this time.

Our neighborhood is really filling up with yellow ribbons, as she grew up here and attended the neighborhood schools that our kids go to. I don't know the family but her parents live about 1/2 mile from us. Their journey through this must be unbearable.

I'm a few pages behind but, where is Longo??!!! He really, really likes us to hear things "from his mouth first".....

Apparently he wanted to be the first one and break it on a press conference tonight but it obviously got leaked - too big of news.

And that one says, "Virginia State Police did not reveal any specific details about the nature of the evidence that they found connecting the two cases, but they have asked the public to call in with any information relating to the Harrington case.They also stressed that their main focus remains on locating Graham and bringing her home."

BBM. Didn't they ask the public to call when MH went missing and was later found dead? Do they think anyone is going to have new information at this late date?

Sorry if I sound like I'm defending JM, I'm not. I've just had experience with LE that makes me wary of some of their statements, especially when it's clear as mud.

I think LE still needs to place JM near Morgan, in the area, etc...
I have seen cases on crime shows where a DNA match is not enough, just a piece of the puzzle. They still need to show other connections, rule out a relationship between victim and perp that could account for DNA etc...
Jmo

Besides size, wrestling skills would enable him to quickly overpower any female, including your average male.

Any woman going to college these days needs : 1. Concealed Carry license and marksmanship skills. 2. Krav Maga and other self-defense skills. 3. Serious promises to never go out alone even with all those skills. 4. Drink only with trusted friends - NEVER - ever, ever, ever, drink with strangers. 5. Date only in groups. 6. NO drugs - all recreational drugs are harmful. All of them. Period.

Great list. All college kid should be taught this. But I don't think the recreational drugs one is reasonable. Pot is less dangerous than alcohol and as many kids that drink is as many that smoke pot.

If his DNA was only on tee-shirt...I could see a lawyer saying he found it and hung it on the bush...jmo

Defense attorneys say a lot of things. None of it matters unless it's believable (or we have the extremely rare combination of celebrity defendant or attractive, young white female defendant and a jury as intelligent as a box of rocks).

I am sitting here crying. I feel such deep sadness for both Hannah and Morgan's family for they both have lost their precious daughters.

Yet I know this is the day that the Harrington's have long waited for and now justice can be served. They will at least know now its over and he will never be able to take another precious life nor brutally rape someone.

I knew it just couldn't be a coincidence with the sketch looking so much like JM and then we learned he drove a cab during the time Morgan disappeared and that was the perfect cover for JM to kidnap her.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he is tied to other missing women in the area and to other rapes.

All the 'giant teddy bear' stuff was to cover up what he really is inside.

It has to break the Graham's hearts though even though they have suspected Hannah had met with foul play all along. They know now in their heart of hearts their daughter is never coming home alive again. I just pray they can find her body so that she will be returned to her family.

She probably died a horrific death like Morgan did.

I really hope they put this man to death. They may not be able to do it in Hannah's case if her body isn't located but they sure can in Morgan's case.

IMO

Oh, you know the excuses will come pouring in. Anything to explain away the avalanche of facts supporting the culpability of this defendant. Be ready for the Lenny arguments. Poor guy, he's just horsing around. Doesn't know his own strength. Didn't mean any harm. Really just a gentle giant at heart.

And everyone speculating that this guy may not only be guilty of harming Hannah (based on, apparently, no evidence, just a snow job by an emotional chief of police who for some odd reason wants to create a circus), but that his behavior indicates a likelihood that this was not his first rodeo, are a hysterical mob on a witch hunt.

Sorry. Feeling sad and angry about this case. Tired of trying to defend what I feel is logic. This is a monstrous case. For too long, it appears, women have been sitting ducks as this predator went on the hunt.

Did anyone official ever confirm that Morgan's bones were broken by perp? I know both of her parents have said this and believe it to be true, but wondering if ever confirmed.

Nothing was ever confirmed by LE as far as I know.

Let's add to that list: Don't EVER take a drink from a stranger or a mere acquaintance; only take drinks directly from the server or bartender; don't put your drink down - not even for a moment! Finish you drink and THEN go dance!
Sometimes the bad guy IS the bartender. Personal experience. Never take your eyes off your drink, period. Not even as it's being made.

This is just crazy. The cajones on this guy are just unreal. To have basically gotten away with several unspeakable crimes and then to not be able to stop yourself from "just one more" in the middle of a crowded, surveilled part of a college town? Pretty unbelievable, and gives insight into how these people think (or don't think). Zero impulse control or regard for human life.

Unbelievable. Those poor families.

<mod snip> He seems to do it spontaneously. In the 2005 Fairfax sexual assault the girl was grabbed from behind off the street and taken to I think a backyard.

I do believe this could bring new tips now. Especially since they know who the suspect is and what he looks like and that he drove a cab during the time that Morgan was kidnapped. It isn't unheard of for witnesses to come forth years later.

I am not wary of this police department at all. I think they have done a great job.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member