JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Full statement (taken from http://www.nbc29.com/story/26653942/vsp-forensic-evidence-links-jesse-matthew-to-harrington-case)

Virginia State Police Press Release

For the past five years, the Virginia State Police has been aggressively pursuing the investigation into the disappearance and death of 20-year-old Morgan D. Harrington of Roanoke, Va. Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue. There is a still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation and we appreciate the public's patience as we move forward.

Anyone with new information concerning the Harrington investigation is encouraged to contact the Virginia State Police at 434-352-3467 or the Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at 434-977-4000.

Meanwhile, state police continues to dedicate the necessary resources to assist the Charlottesville Police Department through the course of its investigation and with their efforts to locate Hannah Graham. In fact, right now, the public's focus needs to remain on helping Charlottesville Police locate and bring Hannah Graham home.

Physical connection? What could that mean.?

Most likely the DNA from MH's remains and clothing. Also, as I recall, the Swarovski necklace Morgan was wearing the night she disappeared was never recovered. A photo of it was widely circulated for the citizens of Charlottesville--to report it-- in case they saw it. Perhaps this necklace was found in JM's apartment or car? http://ww2.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/275685

wow - I am shocked, I was coming to post earlier this morning that I really felt he had nothing to do with this case and HG was a one time thing. I guessed wrong! Does his DNA match the sexual assault case as well or just the MH case?

YES if A=B and B=C, then A=C

I don't think it's about egos either. But my confidence in my instincts? Yeah, that's shattered. I didn't see any of this coming. I am glad (if that word can even be used in this context) that I'm wrong, because it will give MH's parents long-awaited answers and bring this evil person to justice.

ITA.

I was all for him being arrested in connection with HG, until it seemed LE was only focusing on him but lecturing about not having tunnel vision. And I honestly believe they pressured him to run by openly tailing him all the time, with the intent to be able to have bail off the table. Then I climbed on the fence.

I could imagine, if I was innocent, being accused of rape and losing so much, then being fingered for HG's disappearance and being so scared I ran. However, if JM is guilty of all of these cases, then he deserves to be locked away forever, the streets of C'Ville would be a little bit safer and the families involved can get some answers.

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo said that “it would be inappropriate for me to comment” on the new information.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...eedd86-47f5-11e4-891d-713f052086a0_story.html

If a press conference is called shouldn't it be by the VA State Police since they are over Morgan's case?

I love Longo though and didn't expect him to comment.

He has to be so relieved though. His community became so much safer when JM was arrested.

HANNAH GRAHAM BREAKING: Forensics collected from Jesse Matthew linked to Morgan Harrington.
SPREAD THIS

Per Parker Slaybaugh FB! I am crying right now!

Deleting comment b/c someone else already posted same info while I was posting.

Did anyone official ever confirm that Morgan's bones were broken by perp? I know both of her parents have said this and believe it to be true, but wondering if ever confirmed.

Gil & Dan Harrington received a copy of the autopsy report and visited her body before it was removed in Jan 2010.. Take it to the bank..

We know that Morgan's case is linked to DNA from the Fairfax rape. Because of the DNA. I wonder how many other rapes JM is responsible for, perhaps rapes in which he did not leave DNA (semen, I'm guessing?). Perhaps there are other women from the local areas who will come forward and claim that JLM was their rapist.

The people advocating for women to concealed carry at college keep forgetting one thing: In 20 states it is illegal to concealed carry on campus, in 23 others the decision is made by the school. 7 states allow it flat out. Virginia is one of those states where the decision is made by the school.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/education/guns-on-campus-overview.aspx#1
Also, alcohol consumption and carrying are considered very bad gun safety.

And, UVA (at least as of 3 years ago) has opted to not allow concealed carry. http://uvamagazine.org/articles/university_upgrades_gun_prohibition/

Very interesting about the car dealership. I keep asking this question-- where did he is getting his $ from? Doesn't sound like a guy who apparently was often late with rent.

Also, apparently he was super gentle and polite being nice to everyone at the dealership.

ITA.

I was all for him being arrested in connection with HG, until it seemed LE was only focusing on him but lecturing about not having tunnel vision. And I honestly believe they pressured him to run by openly tailing him all the time, with the intent to be able to have bail off the table. Then I climbed on the fence.

I could imagine, if I was innocent, being accused of rape and losing so much, then being fingered for HG's disappearance and being so scared I ran. However, if JM is guilty of all of these cases, then he deserves to be locked away forever, the streets of C'Ville would be a little bit safer and the families involved can get some answers.

People that are innocent don't run though.

They would already know if they were innocent there would be no evidence tying them to anything.

He ran because he knew there IS evidence connecting him to not only Hannah's case or Morgan's case but IMO he knew he was going to be connected to other crimes as well.

That is why he ran.......just like many guilty defendants do when the walls are finally closing in on them.

I have never heard of an innocent person running from LE.

Sounds to me like he has a problem with light haired caucasian women. I'd be curious to know description of lady in NOVA. Also the lady in Texas has light hair.

I think the lady in Fairfax was said to have dark hair and someone posted in one of the threads that her first language was Urdu (not sure where they got that but it would be an odd thing to makeup) so she was likely pakistani. I think morgan and Hannah may have just been the high profile victims (for various reasons some not so good). but i bet he victimized all sorts.

FBI got the psych profile correct years ago (from the Richmond Times article above):

At the time, the FBI also issued this comment with the release of the match with the Fairfax City assault:

"People who know the suspect may not believe that he is capable of committing these crimes. He may not necessarily have a violent criminal history. Because investigators are in possession of DNA evidence that can either positively link the suspect to his crimes or exclude innocent parties, citizens should not hesitate to provide information, even if it is just the name of a potential suspect."

MOD NOTE: Lay off of JLM's family. They are victims in this tragedy, too.

Also, posting rumors is not allowed and can result in an interruption of posting privileges.

Thanks.

Bessie

http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

Authorities Launch Multimedia Campaign in Morgan Harrington Murder Case
Murder Suspect Linked by DNA to Sexual Assault in Fairfax City, Virginia
FBI Washington
June 13, 2012
Jun 13, 20Today, federal, state, and local law enforcement launched a multimedia campaign that includes two enhanced composite sketches of a suspect in the 2009 murder of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington. The unknown murder suspect is also connected by DNA to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax City, Virginia.

Authorities recently enhanced the composite sketch created in 2005 from a description by the sexual assault victim. One of the composites shows the suspect with facial hair, as the suspect was described at the time of the attack. The second composite sketch features him without facial hair.

The two attacks were connected through DNA after a forensic profile was submitted by the Virginia Department of Forensic Science to the FBI’s national DNA database. The search found that the suspect in the Harrington murder investigation matched the DNA profile of the attacker in Fairfax City.12 - Authorities Launch Multimedia Campaign in Morgan Harrington Murder ... Department of Forensic Science to the FBI's national DNA database.
<sniped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member