JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In many if these cases we see killers/rapists become more brazen and less cautious as time goes on and that leads to their ultimate undoing.

Yup. He knew they had DNA. Could not afford to give a sample.

no point in cutting your braids if they've DNA and you know it!

Wow, did not think he was linked to MH so I am (quite gladly) eating crow with some of you this morning. May this bring some peace eventually to the Harringtons indeed.

RFsybGh.jpg

Morgan Harrington

Suspect's Arrest in 2009 death of Virginia Tech student
By T. Rees Shapiro and Mary Pat Flaherty September 29 at 1:29 PM
[...]

Police would not say what forensic evidence they have connecting Matthew to Graham’s case or to the Harrington investigation.

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy J. Longo said that “it would be inappropriate for me to comment” on the new information.

Omg. I'm literally crying here. I've been waiting for this day for so long. Being a huge Metallica fan (and Rock music fan) myself I've always held a special place in my heart for Morgan. I'm really shaking here. How must her mam and dad feel tonight. Wow!

I am crying right along with you, blefuscu! Omg I felt this in my gut and in my heart. There were just too many similarities and red flags. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of HG and MH and the Fairfax rape victim at this time.

In many if these cases we see killers/rapists become more brazen and less cautious as time goes on and that leads to their ultimate undoing.

I also think they may "want" to get caught. Or more likely, they become arrogant and want to one-up the cops.

Yup. He knew they had DNA. Could not afford to give a sample.
Exactly. I think many of us were tainted by the recent events in Ferguson and thought he ran out of fear of being falsely convicted because he is a black man. As someone wise on this forum said however, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck....

Omg. I'm literally crying here. I've been waiting for this day for so long. Being a huge Metallica fan (and Rock music fan) myself I've always held a special place in my heart for Morgan. I'm really shaking here. How must her mam and dad feel tonight. Wow!

About a week ago, I heard "The Unforgiven" by Metallica on the radio, and I immediately thought of Morgan :grouphug:

Now at that time, I knew about HG's case -- but did not know much about it -- so I came here at WS to get caught up.

And then when I saw that JM may be connected to MH, I was like WOW !

:please: for Justice for HG and MH and any other victims !

I don't think it's about egos either. But my confidence in my instincts? Yeah, that's shattered. I didn't see any of this coming. I am glad (if that word can even be used in this context) that I'm wrong, because it will give MH's parents long-awaited answers and bring this evil person to justice.

This is what I'm feeling, woven in with the repulsion at this animal and the horror for the families. When I first saw JM lumber across that video, I told my husband, "Well, it's not him. Look how relaxed he is." I hope they use this link to fry him. My heart is with the families. God help us all.

This is exactly what we thought from the start.... keep those charges coming... Special Thank You to Karen in Texas for getting this serial killer off the street.

Justice for Morgan
Justice for Hannah

All I can say is Wow! Foxnews just confirming that DNA evidence does link him to MH. Will be discussing it in a few.

thank god that monster has been caught ! Prayers for all his victims known and unknown.

I think the lady in Fairfax was said to have dark hair and someone posted in one of the threads that her first language was Urdu (not sure where they got that but it would be an odd thing to makeup) so she was likely pakistani. I think morgan and Hannah may have just been the high profile victims (for various reasons some not so good). but i bet he victimized all sorts.

It was spoken of that the female in the LU sexual assault case wasn't white, blonde haired, or blue eyed.

But now i'm wondering....when JM was expelled from LU, was the person in charge of expelling him a white, blonde haired, blue eyed woman?

I got the first part wrong, it was the 2005 attack victim that was not white/blonde/blue. No info on LU victim AFAIK. Question still holds for second part though.

I don't think he had intentions of "flirting" with her at all, sorry. There is no reason to believe otherwise, given his history, the fact that he had had "boundary" issues all night, and the video that clearly showed him preying on her. He stalked her with the intention of raping her and killing her, IMO. I believe the only reason he didn't kill his 2005 victim is that someone showed up and he ran.

And clearly, at this point, he wasn't just going to rape someone and let them go, knowing that his DNA would be matched. I am so sad that this connection almost certainly means HG is no longer with us. Her poor family. :(

When JM saw HG and immediately changed direction to follow her I think he may have had intentions of flirting with her and trying to get her to to engage sexually with him, but he may not at the outset intended on committing a crime ending in murder. He allowed himself to be seen with HG by many people because he wasn't initially intending on harming her. I think he is the type of offender that 'snaps'. Rape is more about power and control than it is about sex. He got enraged.

One other thought...Morgan's parents always said he would strike again. Sad that it took another victim to get him off the streets.

I actually think this guy is an opportunist. Even if it began with flirting, I think he sniffed an opportunity and acted on it.

and violently - from the consistent stream of evidence of at least three cases that we know LE have in their files: the 2002, 2005 rapes and MH's body.

I honestly think they (LE) have known he was connected to more cases since the PC when the Graham's spoke. They probably got his DNA from car/home that matched the other cases. They did not leak until they had the DNA upon arrest. I think the Grahams knew about the link in DNA before the PC, the Harringtons were probably aware as well. So sorry for the families, on the other hand the Harringtons will hopefully have some closure.

When JM saw HG and immediately changed direction to follow her I think he may have had intentions of flirting with her and trying to get her to to engage sexually with him, but he may not at the outset intended on committing a crime ending in murder. He allowed himself to be seen with HG by many people because he wasn't initially intending on harming her. I think he is the type of offender that 'snaps'. Rape is more about power and control than it is about sex. He got enraged.

My heart breaks for Hannah's parents. It's quite shocking how quickly and seamlessly he was able to profoundly alter the course of Hannah's life, right there on the public mall, in front of everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper