JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. That or he's a complete idiot....

I hope they don't try a "diminished capacity" or other "mitigating circumstances" plea to try to lessen his punishment, if found guilty. Grrrrr. Too many people try to help the perps, IMO, with these "excuse" pleas.

VSP: Forensic Evidence Links Jesse Matthew to Harrington Case
http://www.nbc29.com/story/26653942...thew-to-harrington-case#.VCmMGfyYW2k.facebook
According to Virginia State Police, Jesse Matthew, the man facing abduction with intent to defile charges in connection with the Hannah Graham case, has been linked to another high profile disappearance.

Police confirm that forensic evidence links Matthew to the Harrington case. Harrington, a Virginia Tech student at the time, was abducted and murdered in Charlottesville in 2009 after leaving a Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena.

DNA evidence was collected from the site where Harrington's remains were found on Anchorage Farm in Albemarle County three months after her disappearance. State police have said there is a link between Harrington's case and a 2005 Fairfax City sexual assault. Police have not released whether Matthew is connected to the Fairfax case.
<sniped - read more>

sweet clears up so much in one article thanks for posting.

Did they keep it quiet, do you think, because they knew he would try to leave the country?

More news that I've heard from the locals:

- Chief Longo and co. have known of this link for over 1 week.

- JM was at one of my friend's car dealership looking for cars before he went off to Texas. He is caught on camera there.

I was convinced that Morgan's case would never be solved. I'm SO glad JM was caught.

The people advocating for women to concealed carry at college keep forgetting one thing: In 20 states it is illegal to concealed carry on campus, in 23 others the decision is made by the school. 7 states allow it flat out. Virginia is one of those states where the decision is made by the school.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/education/guns-on-campus-overview.aspx#1
Also, alcohol consumption and carrying are considered very bad gun safety.

And, UVA (at least as of 3 years ago) has opted to not allow concealed carry. http://uvamagazine.org/articles/university_upgrades_gun_prohibition/

BBM

I sincerely hope that changes.

They cant stop them from carrying concealed weapons when they are away from campus and that seems like where it is needed the most. When they are away from campus.

Oh here you all are! Still getting lost between threads....

Ha, EDIT, just realised I was here half an hour ago. Too many tabs open.

This news took my breath away, somehow, just had a feeling that JM had something to do with Morgan, don't even know why I thought it. My thoughts are with the Harrington family, I followed this case closely, and of course with Hannah's family and friends.

I have never seen a serial killer in kind of like real time.

Wow. The arrogance. Cool as a cucumber,

It creeps me out thinking he worked with vulnerable people and coached!

I bet people are taking multiple showers and trying to get his touch off of their bodies.

Ugh.

Omg. I'm literally crying here. I've been waiting for this day for so long. Being a huge Metallica fan (and Rock music fan) myself I've always held a special place in my heart for Morgan. I'm really shaking here. How must her mam and dad feel tonight. Wow!

Perhaps some of you more familiar with the law and "tactics" could help me with this. Going forward, is there a possibility that they could "make a deal" with JM. Give him life in prison with no parole for information leading to EVERY crude act that he's ever done, where each victim is, and all details of his actions? Can they use that as a bargaining tool to get useful information for the victims families and LE? Is that a common scenario?

I hope there is a shred of decency left in JLM that will prompt him to reveal where Hannah is, and any other victims (and I believe there are some, for sure).

Sounds to me like he has a problem with light haired caucasian women. I'd be curious to know description of lady in NOVA. Also the lady in Texas has light hair.

With that said, I'm glad I never crossed his path. :(

This is what gets me... why would he allow himself to be seen with Hannah by numerous people if he knew what he was going to do to her? That makes no sense to me!

In many if these cases we see killers/rapists become more brazen and less cautious as time goes on and that leads to their ultimate undoing.

He ran because he knew he was screwed.

Yup. He knew they had DNA. Could not afford to give a sample.

He is so arrogant and self-centered. I think he must think of himself on a higher level (the football star) than everybody else, but especially young, vulnerable women. What made his thinking get so off?

I have never seen a serial killer in kind of like real time.

Wow. The arrogance. Cool as a cucumber,

It creeps me out thinking he worked with vulnerable people and coached!

I bet people are taking multiple showers and trying to get his touch off of their bodies.

Ugh.

I know several people who know JM. They are/are going to be heartbroken :(

I hope they don't try a "diminished capacity" or other "mitigating circumstances" plea to try to lessen his punishment, if found guilty. Grrrrr. Too many people try to help the perps, IMO, with these "excuse" pleas.

Well he did attend college (and just based on *rumor*, grades weren't the reason he left college) and he has held gainful employment, so that would bode well for the prosecution's hypothetical argument that he is not operating at a significant 'diminished capacity' (not saying he is necessarily a genius).

With two murders and a rape (that we know of so far..), I can't allow myself to believe that this guy will get less than life in prison. Although I know there is still a lot of work to be done if he is to be successfully prosecuted and convicted of all of these crimes.

ok and there you have it. DNA match. Not really surprising given location of Morgan's shirt left in close proximity to JLM's home and JLM was a cab driver which may explain why Morgan got into his car. And he is lifelong resident of C'ville so knows area (including body dumping grounds) well. I think this case is really important reminder for those who were defending him and calling him a "gentle giant." Sociopaths can do what they do because they are wolves in sheep's clothing. Just because someone seems "nice," is no indication of what they may be capable. Just ask the victims of Ted Bundy and now of JLM.
I'm sad because this just confirms to me that Hannah is deceased.

When JM saw HG and immediately changed direction to follow her I think he may have had intentions of flirting with her and trying to get her to to engage sexually with him, but he may not at the outset intended on committing a crime ending in murder. He allowed himself to be seen with HG by many people because he wasn't initially intending on harming her. I think he is the type of offender that 'snaps'. Rape is more about power and control than it is about sex. He got enraged.

I actually think this guy is an opportunist. Even if it began with flirting, I think he sniffed an opportunity and acted on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper