JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn between feeling relief that this monster has been caught and feeling such sorrow for Hannah, Morgan, and their families.

I'm almost certain he'll be connected to other rapes, if not murders.

100% agree. I believed he was connected to MH early on, despite the odds, and was actually happy to hear it announced today, because they've GOT him, and one predator is better than more than one. If he wasn't connected, there'd still be someone out there.

I hope that WSers continue sleuthing on the "Other possible victims" thread, because I definitely, wholeheartedly believe there will be more.

Hope they find Hannah soon, and I hope whoever finds it is strong enough to withstand what they find. Not sure I would be.

If Matthew raped the woman in the 2005 case, then to me that says that he does not really have a particular "type" since that woman was likely Pakistani/Afghan. Crazy. He could be linked to any woman from that are who went missing since ca. 2001.

Wasn't MH very tall like the missing girl? Maybe that's the similarity.

Not sure, but I don't think so from MH's pictures that I've seen. In any case though, imo I don't think JM was so picky as to match exact specifics of his victims. It's probably more of a general profile of the types he's targeted. Although, as many have pointed out, I'd not be surprised if there are a host of varied-looking victims. After all, the Fairfax victim didn't look like MH or HG.

I guess they will have to scour through cases where DNA hasn't been ran yet? Otherwise, they've had this DNA profile since 2005, so if it showed up again, they would know - like with MH

And, I think it likely his victims are the ones that haven't been found. Yet

I'm shaking and crying. The moment he was IDed as a POI in Hannah's case, my gut started screaming MORGAN!! I have prayed for the Harringtons for years now. Praise God, this horrible predator is off the streets!
My heart is jumping all over the place. I can't even imagine what the Harringtons are feeling right now. And, Hannah's family...this confirms the fear we had in our hearts about what happened to her.
JUSTICE for Morgan, Hannah, the Fairfax woman, the woman at the perp's college, & anyone else this beast has murdered or victimized.

In light of all of this I can't believe that he didn't make it to Mexico, he was so close. And knowing that it was just a matter of time, we are so fortunate that he didn't harm someone else out of desperation. I knew it was him! I remember last week all of the posts accusing us of pre-judging and being judge and jury. I didn't have the evidence, but I listened to Longo and felt his passion and watched the actions of JM. My surprise right now is that he didn't do more last week while he was on the run.

Where's Hannah???

I guess they will have to scour through cases where DNA hasn't been ran yet? Otherwise, they've had this DNA profile since 2005, so if it showed up again, they would know - like with MH

I suppose I should've said dissapearances. Someone in one of the other threads mapped out all the missing women in the area since he's been 18 and a few stand out.

Wow. Just now sitting down to read here. I have chills. And tears. I am a skeptical fair-minded person who tries really hard not to jump to conclusions. However, this one I have felt in my gut all along. How sad for everyone involved.

Most likely the DNA from MH's remains and clothing. Also, as I recall, the Swarovski necklace Morgan was wearing the night she disappeared was never recovered. A photo of it was widely circulated for the citizens of Charlottesville--to report it-- in case they saw it. Perhaps this necklace was found in JM's apartment or car? http://ww2.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/275685

I wonder if it is the necklace or a piece of clothing, that is physical evidence to me.

Snipped

Gil Harrington, Morgan's mother, now wears the bracelet. Investigators have not yet returned the ring, which features an imprint copied from a ring owned by Gil's father.

snipped

She said she had not realized authorities had not disclosed that the necklace remained missing.

if the dna in the MH and rape victim had matched any others, wouldn't they have found that before now by running it through the data base?

Well he did attend college (and just based on *rumor*, grades weren't the reason he left college) and he has held gainful employment, so that would bode well for the prosecution's hypothetical argument that he is not operating at a significant 'diminished capacity' (not saying he is necessarily a genius).

With two murders and a rape (that we know of so far..), I can't allow myself to believe that this guy will get less than life in prison. Although I know there is still a lot of work to be done if he is to be successfully prosecuted and convicted of all of these crimes.

He was expelled from one college but didn't he also suddenly leave another college?

I would love to know the reason why he left the second college.

IMO

I was one of those that thought he might have been innocent and was scared and afraid that he was being railroaded because he is a black man. Boy, was I wrong! I just pray he tells LE where poor Hannah is.

Has the ca filed charges? Maybe too soon? JMO

Just saw this on Twitter! Kudos to those who caught the resemblance early on! I guess any DNA found with Morgan would have been put into the database so there are no other known matches at this time?

If it's the DNA that would be great.
Wow, just wow. CNN just said the DNA from the rape victim had matched the DNA on MH. I'm betting his DNA matches. If so, they're getting ready to solve a whole bunch of cases. Great police work. I'm thrilled. And I know I'm jumping the gun....but just wow.

I wonder how long he had been living with his house mates and what they are thinking now.

Wonder how that defense fund is doing now with this breaking news.....

ya, It has crossed my mind that the timing of the leak, even before a press conference, my have been motivated by the announcement that they were collection funds. not sure I believe that but interesting and hopefully the fund is doing not very well. (of course any money collected is money the general tax payer doesn't have to pay).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper