JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree! His size alone makes it easy for him to overpower any woman (and honestly, most men!). Add in his "gentle giant" (puke!) demeanor to those who knew him, and you have one scary dude! No telling how many victims there really are that haven't been found and had no video footage to link him to ... :(

Besides size, wrestling skills would enable him to quickly overpower any female, including your average male.

Any woman going to college these days needs : 1. Concealed Carry license and marksmanship skills. 2. Krav Maga and other self-defense skills. 3. Serious promises to never go out alone even with all those skills. 4. Drink only with trusted friends - NEVER - ever, ever, ever, drink with strangers. 5. Date only in groups. 6. NO drugs - all recreational drugs are harmful. All of them. Period.

i thought the same thing but several people have posted stuff in the last 48 hours where it was reported that they found his DNA on her remains.

If his DNA was only on tee-shirt...I could see a lawyer saying he found it and hung it on the bush...jmo

i thought the same thing but several people have posted stuff in the last 48 hours where it was reported that they found his DNA on her remains.

I am not sure if that has ever been disclosed. What I have seen is that the DNA match on the NOVA rape was from the t-shirt.

I'm sat in a Chinese takeaway awaiting my order, I thought I would check in here whilst I wait. My heart is racing!!! Wow, shocked, not shocked all at once!

If his DNA was only on tee-shirt...I could see a lawyer saying he found it and hung it on the bush...jmo

It was said though that DNA was taken from MHs remains.

There is no way he is going to get out of this and even the best lawyer cant help him now.

IMO

There's still the rape and living witnesses in the 2002 and 2005 cases. That plus the DNA in the 2005 rape case, possibly the 2002 rape case, on the Harrington T Shirt, plus DNA connected with Hannah Graham, plus any souvenirs found in his apartment could cook his goose or fry his a$$ to a crisp!

Look what a comparative sparsity of evidence put Randy Taylor away for the murder of Alexis Murphy.

The Washington Post has the actual text of the release from VA state police: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7cac62-47f7-11e4-a046-120a8a855cca_story.html

ETA:

"Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue. There is a still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation and we appreciate the public’s patience as we move forward."

Interesting wording...

Besides size, wrestling skills would enable him to quickly overpower any female, including your average male.

Any woman going to college these days needs : 1. Concealed Carry license and marksmanship skills. 2. Krav Maga and other self-defense skills. 3. Serious promises to never go out alone even with all those skills. 4. Drink only with trusted friends - NEVER - ever, ever, ever, drink with strangers. 5. Date only in groups. 6. NO drugs - all recreational drugs are harmful. All of them. Period.

This is a great list, though unfortunately I don't think many young, slim and small statured girls could overpower someone of JM's stature even if they've got their wits about them. The buddy system is so important, I wish kids would listen!

I went to college 30 years ago, to a school that is well know for drinking. But I have to wonder whether the problem is of a different magnitude now. It was just unheard of in my day for a group of female friends not to look after each other when they went out. And if someone didn't come home with group, we knew who they were going with before we left.

Has there been a presser announced for later today? Please let it be so...

I supposed it's too early to speculated on the nature of the "forensic evidence" but do you think that LE would have specified if it was "DNA" as opposed to something less specific (and less incriminating) such as "fiber" or "soil" etc.

Just musing because I hope the link is strong so we (and the good people of Charlottesville) rest easier knowing there is one less perp out there...

While I don't *know* considering the fact that they knew they had DNA to test IMO there is a 0% chance they leaked this without having test the DNA and obviously they wouldn't leak it if the DNA didn't match.

Somewhere here on WS, I saw the sketch artists's original drawing to the left, then colorized, then morphed onto JM's photo. I've been searching for it everywhere-anyone have a link? That illustration was the first time I thought cases might be connected.

There's still the rape and living witnesses in the 2002 and 2005 cases. That plus the DNA on the Harrington T Shirt, plus DNA connected with Hannah Graham, plus any souvenirs found in his apartment could cook his goose or fry his a$$ to a crisp!

Look what a comparative sparsity of evidence put Randy Taylor away for the murder of Alexis Murphy.

I did not say I thought it would work...

There's still the rape and living witnesses in the 2002 and 2005 cases. That plus the DNA on the Harrington T Shirt, plus DNA connected with Hannah Graham, plus any souvenirs found in his apartment

Exactly! This is wayyyy beyond circumstantial now, I don't think the best legal team in the world could save him.

The Washington Post has the actual text of the release from VA state police: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7cac62-47f7-11e4-a046-120a8a855cca_story.html

ETA:

"Last week, the arrest of Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, of Charlottesville, Va., provided a significant break in this case with a new forensic link for state police investigators to pursue. There is a still a great deal of work to be done in regards to this investigation and we appreciate the public’s patience as we move forward."

Interesting wording...

Right, a bunch of empty words, jmo idk

I followed Morgan's case here on WebSleuths and when I saw how close this one was, I thought there might be a connection.
I really wanted the monster reasonable for Morgan's murder to be captured and brought to justice.
I should have known it would come with a cost.
I really didn't think it would affect me this much.
Here it is, and I'm just... so... so... sad. :(
Please come home Hannah.

I went to college 30 years ago, to a school that is well know for drinking. But I have to wonder whether the problem is of a different magnitude now. It was just unheard of in my day for a group of female friends not to look after each other when they went out. And if someone didn't come home with group, we knew who they were going with before we left.

I'm currently studying at uni, I'm a freshman and so many girls think that it's fine to go out alone because their mobile phones will save them. I'm not ashamed to say I'll go to an event with my mom if there's no interest from my friends... Better lame than sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper