JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the correction. I knew that Longo wanted a file of AA male DNA. Got about 500 samples in that campaign, but did not know the particulars.

I have not heard, or read Longo linking the cases much at all except in passing. Don't get the feeling he thinks that they are by the same. I don't know much about the MH case other than the basics, and with just that it seems to me that a true serial killer type got her and they usually are white men. But the DNA match from the shirt, which could have been a plant has AA male DNA matching what was found on a rape victim who identified her perp as AA. That's where JM and this case gets dragged into it.

Personally, I think the DNA analyis will either eliminate JM from those cases or nail him. And that will be determined definitively. With Hannah, we don't know what LE has in terms of evidence. They may have zip.

The DNA match came from MH's remains not the shirt.

HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO RUN DNA???

Seems like we'd know if his matched the DNA found on Morgan's shirt and the DNA found beneath the Fairfax girl's nails???

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

Not yelling in anger, but I'm hoping my post isn't looked over because I really want an answer;)

DNA results can take a matter of months to come back, even in such high profile cases. Also, Virginia has a huge backlog from other cases. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes until December to know.

Any reason why DC feels that a white male killed MH and is the same perp in the Hannah Graham case?

There is no legitimate reason for this. Facts are facts, and the fact is that the DNA found on Morgan Harrington's remains were that of an African-American who previously committed a violent rape in Fairfax.

You would have to ask DC bc his theory doesn't fit the known facts.

I have. I'm not at all familiar with the MH case. Just the bare facts. Don't get the vibes from LE on the Hannah Graham case that it's the same perp.

I have. I'm not at all familiar with the MH case. Just the bare facts. Don't get the vibes from LE on the Hannah Graham case that it's the same perp.

Since the DNA found on MH's remains came from an AA male I would surmise there's a better chance that JLM is responsible vs. an unknown white serial killer per DC's theory.

When a friend of mine was murdered, police collected a cheek swab that very night from a transient in the area who gave it willingly when asked, and it took two full weeks for the match to come back. I don't know if it always takes labs that long, though. Probably not.

In any case, there is absolutely no reason why LE would tell the public they have a DNA match between MH's perp and JLM right now. They will divulge such info when they charge him.

If JM is in fact involved in HG and MH's disappearances, plus the Fairfax rape and alleged assault at LU, I wonder if something about the Fall season (Sept/Oct) is a trigger for his predatory behaviour? Perhaps being expelled from school at LU and kicked off the football team caused JM to harbor hatred and resentment towards women similar to the one he allegedly raped (young coeds who are partying). Most of the time he might be a 'gentle giant', as described by friends/family, but during the months of Sept/Oct when he witnesses young college aged women going back to campus and partying, and witnesses the start up of football season he might experience stress and rage great enough to cause him to attack.

Sure, that works. However, it could also be a college football fan or someone on the college football circuit (trainer, coach, roadie, sports reporter), no?

In the day and age of google earth, I'm not even sure how much a killer would need to know an area to be able to find a place to dispose of a body.

Anyone have a link to the MH threads? Having trouble finding them.
Also does anyone remember a rumor that she came in contact with members of the UVA basketball team that night and what the specifics were?

Anyone have a link to the MH threads? Having trouble finding them.
Also does anyone remember a rumor that she came in contact with members of the UVA basketball team that night and what the specifics were?

IIRC, there were some athletes in the parking lot where her cell phone was found, but they were unable to provide any information about her disappearance. She was assumed to be hitch-hiking after crossing Copley bridge, and then she vanished.

This is where Morgan's body was found in relation to roads. The unoccupied building was described as a party spot for students.

Thanks otto

Yeah it's the same area (spot) One thing I noticed when looking at the map you have is that the house that is there now was not there when that map was done, (the orange dirt rectangle) at the end of the words, (red hill rd) I wonder if the people that where working on that home and maybe others in the area where looked at. Keeping in mind that the homes in that area are mansions and lots of them have workers that probably stayed in the charlottesville area while working on those homes. jmo idk Oh one other thing about those maps, why can't they position the map according to North south east and west, the dang thing is upside down.

Thanks otto

Yeah it's the same area (spot) One thing I noticed when looking at the map you have is that the house that is there now was not there when that map was done, (the orange dirt rectangle) at the end of the words, (red hill rd) I wonder if the people that where working on that home and maybe others in the area where looked at. Keeping in mind that the homes in that area are mansions and lots of them have workers that probably stayed in the charlottesville area while working on those homes. jmo idk Oh one other thing about those maps, why can't they position the map according to North south east and west, the dang thing is upside down.

Yes, the maps are from 2009, so there could be new houses in the area now. There were a number of houses under construction on the other side of Brandemar Farm, across the road (just to the left of the 1900 ft label), that we discussed at the time, but nothing ever came of it. One of the big mysteries was how Morgan came to be in that location, so far from roads. It seemed hard to imagine that someone could throw her over his shoulder and carry her there, but Jesse Matthew could do that. Here's a map of distances from the remains to roads.

Attachments

• MorganRoadDistance - Copy.jpg
    MorganRoadDistance - Copy.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 595
Yes, the maps are from 2009, so there could be new houses in the area now. There were a number of houses under construction on the other side of Brandemar Farm, across the road (just to the left of the 1900 ft label), that we discussed at the time, but nothing ever came of it. One of the big mysteries was how Morgan came to be in that location, so far from roads. It seemed hard to imagine that someone could throw her over his shoulder and carry her there, but Jesse Matthew could do that. Here's a map of distances from the remains to roads.

Curious. With all those trees around why was she dumped in a clearing? Was the killer hoping she'd be spotted from the air?

Curious. With all those trees around why was she dumped in a clearing? Was the killer hoping she'd be spotted from the air?

From what I understand, it was thought by investigators that the waist high grass in the pasture during October (month of Morgan's death) may have very well provided more of a cloak than the forest for concealing the body.

When residd on the grass near a wooden gazebo, where the victim–- whose identity has not been released–- was being treated inside.

Can someone tell me what this sentence is supposed to mean? I'm stuck on it.

Never mind, I found the whole article. The sentences are:

When resident Stephen Hannan arrived home that night at around 10:30pm from his job cooking at a nearby restaurant, he says seven police cruisers were already on the scene and an ambulance parked on the grass near a wooden gazebo, where the victim–- whose identity has not been released–- was being treated inside.

This is where Morgan's body was found in relation to roads. The unoccupied building was described as a party spot for students.

I've been known to be turned around a few times. But this map above, (otto's thumbnails, 2 photos) has Ankorage Farm north of Charlottesville -if the top is north. Other maps of this location put AF south of Charlottesville. Both are goggle maps. Someone please confirm thumbnail map is "upside down."

No, lots of strange folk go to that beach. Well known for it.

Dean though buried his victims in a boat shed there. Not all of them though, he was from the area and buried them at different places near there.

Jlm was just there to hide

I had a conversation with someone (who is black) about "white sounding" names and I mentioned that Jesse Matthew could be considered a "white sounding" name. He said "I saw that dude on the news!! I am from south Texas and let me tell you something...there are about 3 dudes with dreads in Galveston. He picked the WORST place to try to hide!"

I have to agree that there seem to be many other places he would have been far less noticeable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay