JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the arrogant part as well. Possibly so used to getting away with this sort of thing he didn't think to change his appearance.

It's also possible that he grew his hair so that he wouldn't look like the 2005 sketch, and he kept it long because he thought he could avoid that connection ... or he didn't want to leave a witness that could report that someone like him shaved his head.

AVIXEN, I think the person preys on vulnerable young women walking alone at night. I also believe that the rapist/murderer changed his MO after the Fairfax rape and now lures his victims into his automobile, takes them somewhere desolate under a ruse and attacks them outside of his vehicle. One of the last sightings of MH was on the Copely bridge hitchhiking. Hannah had to have gotten into somebody's car and right now that somebody appears to be JM. No way he could have sexually assaulted Hanna in his orange car...too small. I think he took her to a remote area. JMO.

I am posting a few links of pics of JM thru the years because I need to close out some tabs I had open this morning.

pics of JM with original sketch of 'sketch' in the middle.
http://s25.postimg.org/q4cczco9b/image.jpg

Pic of JM when he was a wrestler. (This one looks alot like 'sketch' to me, even though JM was in HS)
http://www.geocities.ws/jonnaspelbring/LJ.html

Age progressed sketch of 'sketch'. (IMO, this one doesn't look as much like JW except for the bottom lip.)
http://www.nbc29.com/story/19847590/3-year-anniversary-of-morgan-harrington-disappearance

There was one other one of JM when his dreds were short and blondish? but I cannot find it. This guy is a chameleon!
Thanks, Matilda.

Those pictures are wild. Omg

Reporter Courteney Stuart with The Hook did quite a lot of articles on Morgan's case. Amongst the many articles she wrote, these two stand out to me:

'He's still here.' And other revelations in the Harrington case

(snipped)
It was a Saturday night in October 2009. The air outside was chilly, and a light rain was falling as the visiting father finished dinner with his daughter at a Charlottesville restaurant and the two returned to his car. As the father drove his daughter back to her dormitory around 9:20pm, their path took them past John Paul Jones Arena, where a major event was underway.

Heavy metal group Metallica had taken the stage only minutes before, and fans who'd flocked from all over the East Coast had gathered inside. As the main event roared inside the Arena, the parking lots outside were full and lights were blazing, but Copeley Road was nearly devoid of pedestrians.

As the father and daughter traveled toward Ivy Road and over the railroad bridge, the ordinary ride suddenly took them past an unusual sight. A young woman, dressed all in black with long blond hair, was standing on the bridge with her thumb extended in the classic hitchhiking gesture.

The pair would soon learn that they were among the last to see Morgan Dana Harrington alive.

http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

Also: Familial pain: Harringtons press police for controversial DNA test (includes photos)

(snipped)
Dry grass snaps underfoot as Gil and Dan Harrington make their way across the winter-yellowed fields of Anchorage Farm, where one year ago a farmer checking fences discovered the badly decomposed remains of their daughter, Morgan Harrington. The discovery brought a tragic end to a three-month search for the 20-year-old blond beauty, who disappeared after leaving a Metallica concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.

"This is not evil land," says the bereaved mother, kneeling on the spot her daughter's body lay and touching the earth. "But there was an evil man or men here who killed my daughter."

Joined by a clutch of reporters, the parents undertook their first visit to the field, and on the walk down to the site, the 53-year-old mother clutched the arm of her husband, Dan, and cried softly amid the rolling hills nine miles south of Charlottesville.

http://www.readthehook.com/65546/familial-pain-harringtons-press-police-controversial-dna-test

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

FBI Serial Murder September 2, 2005

Myth: Serial killers are all white males.

Contrary to popular belief, serial killers span all racial groups. There are white, African-American, Hispanic, and Asian serial killers. The racial diversification of serial killers generally mirrors that of the overall U.S. population.

<sniped & BBM for Focus - Read More>

http://bossip.com/699850/not-white-men-only-list-of-most-horrific-black-serial-killers-video/

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2010/07/meet_6_black_serial_killers.html

MOD NOTE: Please remember that the topic of this thread is Morgan Harrington, the Fairfax victim, and the link to Hannah and JLM.

Thanks.

It doesn't look that close ... it's close, but not on the same street.

Otto, is that pin on Grady? I thought her shirt was found on the corner of 15th & Grady? Grady looks like it's two blocks from that yellow pin. Either that or I am directionally challenged. (Wouldn't be the first time).

I agree. But he was locally spotted in Rockbridge county near W&L campus. So that was about two weeks ago and the person waited two weeks to report to LE. Since I live here, I'm curious how someone could make out that face if he he gained weight and has the braids. I know I couldn't. Just something that's crossed my mind past few days if he knows someone locally. Just thinking out loud.

It's also possible that he grew his hair so that he wouldn't look like the 2005 sketch, and he kept it long because he thought he could avoid that connection ... or he didn't want to leave a witness that could report that someone like him shaved his head.

Did JLM take a visit to Lexington?

One hour away, 71 miles.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...lic-Safety-Notice-275375341.html?device=phone

Clip
"WASHINGTON AND LEE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

PUBLIC SAFETY NOTICE
On September 15, 2014, the Department of Public Safety received information from the Lexington Police Department that they had received a report of the possible sighting of a male subject identified as a person of interest in the abduction and murder of a Virginia Tech student, several years ago, who was visiting the UVA campus. More information about the original case, including a sketch of the individual, can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Dana_Harrington."

Take Route 29, Monocan Trail down towards 60 west.

Coincidence? A popular cab route?

Where's Hannah?

Wouldn't surprise me if JLM was in Lexington on Monday the 15th. If he abducted HG early on the 14th, left her body somewhere (perhaps in the direction of Lexington) later that day, perhaps he wanted to lay low for a day or two, away from Cville, to see if the TV news had anything to say about missing coed at UVA...

MOD NOTE: Please remember that the topic of this thread is Morgan Harrington, the Fairfax victim, and the link to Hannah and JLM.

Thanks.
:bump:

There is a separate thread for the Liberty U incident.

I totally agree! Ariel Castro should have been accountable for his actions. Those young ladies were denied pursuing justice. He blamed the victims and his own alleged abuse.

Although I would have preferred seeing him have to suffer, I think ultimately it is best for the victims that he is dead. They must constantly struggle with the trauma of what happened, and fear that something bad might happen again, but knowing that HE can never hurt them again has to help in their healing to some degree.

As for JM, due to the charges and high profile nature of the crimes, plus his reluctance to talk to anyone, he will likely remain on suicide watch indefinitely. Suicide watch at the jail in which I work involves being placed in a padded cell wearing a "pickle suit" which is a green suicide smock that would be difficult for anyone to use to harm themselves. There is a camera in the cell and they are monitored on the camera constantly and checked visually by an officer every 15 min through the window in the cell door. Mental Health professionals evaluate them and continue monitoring at least daily if not more frequently. If their mental state is bad enough, they are evaluated for placement at a state mental health facility until they are stabilized.

When JM asked about getting his clothes back and having a mattress, it sounded consistent with being on watch.

I doubt the killer of MH placed the tshirt out like that. What do you do when you find some clothing outside? I know I will place it prominently near where I found it in a way that people walking by will see it, hopefully the person who lost it. More likely, killer tossed it balled up into the bushes and some person walking by noticed it, pulled it out, thought someone lost it so they spread it out on the bushes hoping the owner would return and pick it up.

I doubt the killer of MH placed the tshirt out like that. What do you do when you find some clothing outside? I know I will place it prominently near where I found it in a way that people walking by will see it, hopefully the person who lost it. More likely, killer tossed it balled up into the bushes and some person walking by noticed it, pulled it out, thought someone lost it so they spread it out on the bushes hoping the owner would return and pick it up.

JM's attorney would like to thank you for providing a plausible reason for JM's DNA being on that shirt! lol

Agree. I think a few people in JM's life, especially those who knew about the Liberty U incident, strongly suspected him in the Morgan Harrington case (looked like the sketch, was driving a cab & MH had been seen alone walking around). Did anyone report their suspicions?

Seriously. The guy quoted in the DM article should be feeling really bad right about now instead of bragging how he thought the sketch matched JM all along!

I get the feeling, he's more arrogant than slow, especially with MH's tshirt being left and worrying about clothes when he knew they had his DNA, or he's very vain, maybe both

BBM....I hate to laugh over this serious case, the guy wears crocs with socks....he's not so vain.

Well, I suppose HE could think that is a good look.

I wish it had been going better. As it stands all I know is that the courts requested Martha Jefferson House to garnish his wages however they never did. The same request was later made to UVA Hospital when he started working there and they DID garnish his wages. That case is listed as closed whereas the earlier MJH case is still listed as pending. That's what makes me wonder if JM worked at MJH much earlier than when the wage garnishment was actually filed and that when they finally caught up with him in 2012 he was actually no longer employed there.

Regardless if anyone has any thoughts on how I can sleuth out this scenario please PLEASE PM me so I can sleep better at night.

You've probably already looked on his FB page but sometimes the info on employment is there. MySpace, LinkedIn would be other obvious SM sites to check. Maybe MJH's website if they have any photos posted of events? The way back machine maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89