JLM: Other Possible Victims - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Verified at another college. C Newport.

There is a timeline on here somewhere that identifies the info along with his other issues

Maybe we should add Kortne Stouffer to this list. I didn't follow her case but I know there was a lot of suspicion about neighbors and a friend, etc. But I just feel like she is a possible since she went missing from Palmyra late at night after drinking. Any reason I shouldn't think that?

she disappeared from Palmyra Pennsylvania, not palmyra virginia.

Hey folks, I finally watched the videos of security cameras. I noticed on the longer one that something odd happens just when JLM begins to enter the picture. Watch from 18 seconds to 26 seconds. Do you notice what the two women do? Pay attention to the larger woman as she passes JLM at 23! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=L8WV9wLBzdg

You're speaking of the high-five, yes? It was brought up a while ago at the beginning of the case and I had not noticed it until someone mentioned it. I've always thought it was odd. I'm chalking it up to the fact he was a regular fixture on the mall though. Probably was casually known by many and my guess is that he played the big teddy bear roll with a lot of them. JMO

It is off screen pretty much for me.

Does she give him something?

I just cannot get over that I am watching a serial killer!

At 24, it appears that one female raises her hand to wave or " high five" , imo.

That is what I was thinking...but... Take a look at her hand as she walks down the sidewalk. What is that bright object? Flashlight? Cell Phone? Then when she gets close to JLM you see her put her hand up and the light is still there!

At 24, it appears that one female raises her hand to wave or " high five" , imo.

This was a topic in the early days, also. People thought it was possible that the WG, JM, and ladies were coordinating something.
I'm not 100% convinced of that, as I have read other places that JM high fives people as a greeting, its his "thing". But, never rule it out, I think.

Re: Cassandra Morton:
This paragraph stood out to me!!!
"...Some evidence had seemed promising. Officers tried, but were unable, to link Morton’s clothes to a fabric impression in a 1996 Chrysler sedan owned by an acquaintance which authorities impounded in January 2010.

They believe Morton’s remains likely were taken to the mountain after she died, but they have been unable to determine a primary crime scene..."

(Hummm another late 90's Chrysler Sedan.)

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_d055b33e-9f41-5143-918b-283e6fbc9cfe.html

If JM is responsible for other murders, this whole story is an example of the "right" victim getting an intensive investigation. Perhaps if the same effort and resources were put into other unsolved murders, he would have been charged a long time ago. If LE had launched this level of investigation after finding Morgan, and realizing her killer was a dangerous sexual predator, JM would be behind bars. People say things like "Hannah solved the case...She stopped JM" and that is a bittersweet sentiment, but the reality is that LE simply gave more of a darn to find Hannah's killer than they did for his other victims.

If JM is responsible for other murders, this whole story is an example of the "right" victim getting an intensive investigation. Perhaps if the same effort and resources were put into other unsolved murders, he would have been charged a long time ago. If LE had launched this level of investigation after finding Morgan, and realizing her killer was a dangerous sexual predator, JM would be behind bars. People say things like "Hannah solved the case...She stopped JM" and that is a bittersweet sentiment, but the reality is that LE simply gave more of a darn to find Hannah's killer than they did for his other victims.

That may be true, but you have to admit that the surveillance video connecting JLM to HG in the moments before her last known contact represents much more tangible, credible evidence than anything that we know they had at the time of MH's disappearance. It's much easier to proceed with an intensive investigation when you have glaring leads to follow up on.

That is what I was thinking...but... Take a look at her hand as she walks down the sidewalk. What is that bright object? Flashlight? Cell Phone? Then when she gets close to JLM you see her put her hand up and the light is still there!

It looks like some kind of transfer to me. It looks too fast for high five

Now that JM's DNA is in the LE system, it can be run against other evidentary DNA in there. If any of these unsolved cases are ones with no DNA on file, or none that can be traced to a perp, getting JM pulled in there is not ikely to happen. We still don't know if any useful match has been made with Hannah and MH.

I find it notable that we have not heard that he isn't connected to a case. We have seen many cases where LE will rule out dozens of sex offenders within a few days, so it does not take much to say someone did not do it. There are probably a handful of cases that LE is intensively investigating a possibility, but for the majority speculated about, I doubt there is much, or any priority, to look into it.

For instance, I have seen a few posts speculating that he is involved in the Lauren Spierer case. There are multiple suspects in that case who have lawyered up. So either the Bloomington LE is currently actively investigating JM as her abductor/killer, or they went "No" when they heard about the speculation, and moved on. No announcement by them saying JM has nothing to do with it.

I wasn't familiar with the Morgan Harrington case prior to Hannah Graham's disappearance, so I started reading about her in Charlotteville's weekly newspaper/news-magazine archives.
I learned a few things, one being that there was a big search for Morgan, the paper mentions 1600 looking for her on one search.
Two, her behavior according to the many witnesses questioned was indicative of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, making her easy pickings.
Two of the comments left on an article, from 2010 in above referenced news-magazine were very curious:
[modsnip]

I hope I'm allowed to post this, and this is the appropriate thread, I might have joined WS years ago but I'm not a prolific poster.
Please tell me if it's not OK, don't end the thread for everyone.

I think if that creepy-*advertiser censored* dude was our creepy-*advertiser censored* dude that would be blasted all over the media at this point.

I think if that creepy-*advertiser censored* dude was our creepy-*advertiser censored* dude that would be blasted all over the media at this point.

There is no shortage of creepy-*advertiser censored* dudes is there?

The owner of Anchorage Farm did not recognize the police sketch of the alleged Fairfax perp (believed to be JM) - seeing as how it was reported that he kept leases dating back 20 years, I think he'd likely remember renting to JM or his family, so whoever that person was talking about, it's likely not JM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back