JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had more information on these missing women. Sometimes, it seems clear to me that a missing woman is just off doing her own thing for a time, and sometimes it is clear that something really, really bad happened to them.

This may be off subject but I remember when Morgan Harrington's body was found on the Bass's cattle farm, it was a mystery how she could have ended up there. It was theorized that only somebody with great strength could have carried her to that location. Jesse Matthew was a state wrestling champ and a football star and is very strong- my bet is that he could have carried her to that location.

<modsnip> Any man of normal strength could carry a 120 pound woman out to a field. It may be a bit exhausting, but they could do it.

The Food Lion where Day went missing is right beside Christopher Newport University.

Hindsight-->
The tragic irony is that JM would have likely been classified as a Tier 3 RSO if prosecuted and convicted for the 2002 rape accusation, imo...

This. I'm sure in my heart that the Liberty University incident was indeed a rape or at least a violent sexual assault, and that the victim was pressured to not pursue the matter, and that the police investigating the matter gave it short shrift. One article says "Lynchburg police officers say they interviewed both the victim and Matthew and decided there wasn't sufficient evidence to move forward, in light of the victim wanting to pursue charges." Another stated she went to the ER after the "incident" and had initially contacted the police to press charges. The police then say the victim didn't return their subsequent calls so they dropped the matter.

If the matter had been handled better, they would have had his DNA, and tracked him down after the 2005 Fairfax attack, and he would have been rotting in a prison rather than being free to attack and kill Morgan and Hannah.

Okay that is stupid. Any man of normal strength could carry a 120 pound woman out to a field. It may be a bit exhausting, but they could do it.
OR How do we know he didn't force her to walk there herself? People act like that's not a possibility for some reason, but I think it's very possible.

This. I'm sure in my heart that the Liberty University incident was indeed a rape or at least a violent sexual assault, and that the victim was pressured to not pursue the matter, and that the police investigating the matter gave it short shrift. One article says "Lynchburg police officers say they interviewed both the victim and Matthew and decided there wasn't sufficient evidence to move forward, in light of the victim wanting to pursue charges." Another stated she went to the ER after the "incident" and had initially contacted the police to press charges. The police then say the victim didn't return their subsequent calls so they dropped the matter.

If the matter had been handled better, they would have had his DNA, and tracked him down after the 2005 Fairfax attack, and he would have been rotting in a prison rather than being free to attack and kill Morgan and Hannah.

I think pressuring a victim of sexual assault not to pursue the matter ought to be a crime. It is ridiculous how many rapists (especially in colleges or military) get off because someone pressured the victim to drop it. I am going to write my rep in the state legislature this week and ask for a new law to be written. Women deserve better. If the alleged rapist is innocent, then the legal system, and not some jerk college admin or military CO can deal with it.

No one should ever be allowed to talk a rape victim into dropping the charges, period.

OR How do we know he didn't force her to walk there herself? People act like that's not a possibility for some reason, but I think it's very possible.

Exactly. Point is that a normal-sized, normal-strength man could deal with 120 pound female, even if he had to carry her a distance.

Has anyone mentioned Heidi Childs and David Metzler (unsolved murders)? Heidi had a similar look to HG and MH and they were also UVA students and found in the area on Aug. 26, 2009.

daily mirror says there is a link between JLM and Hannah and Morgan...wonder how they get their info so quickly. Also my dowsing on a map says Overton Virginia area should be looked at.

This may be off subject but I remember when Morgan Harrington's body was found on the Bass's cattle farm, it was a mystery how she could have ended up there. It was theorized that only somebody with great strength could have carried her to that location. Jesse Matthew was a state wrestling champ and a football star and is very strong- my bet is that he could have carried her to that location.

I know this is pretty far fetched, but Bass farm makes me think of fish. Jesse likes to fish. Should LE check properties of people with fish surnames?

He did change his appearance maybe he felt that was enough..it is chilling and sad and awful...Have your daughters read the GIFT of FEAR by Gavin De Becker. I recommend it to all my friends who have daughters going off to college...

daily mirror says there is a link between JLM and Hannah and Morgan...wonder how they get their info so quickly. Also my dowsing on a map says Overton Virginia area should be looked at.

there's actually a whole thread with everyone talking about it if you want to check it out and read more :)

He did change his appearance maybe he felt that was enough..it is chilling and sad and awful...Have your daughters read the GIFT of FEAR by Gavin De Becker. I recommend it to all my friends who have daughters going off to college...

Thank you, looking it up right now.

I know this is pretty far fetched, but Bass farm makes me think of fish. Jesse likes to fish. Should LE check properties of people with fish surnames?

Yep that's pretty far fetched.
:thinking:

(Unless HG is found on Trout Avenue or Haddock Street in which case I retract....)

I'm new here, have been lurking for a while. I don't know a darned thing about this sort of thing so of course will bow to the experts..I just keep thinking how incredibly "ballsy" it is of JLM to remain in the same area and perpetrate another crime of the same nature! Obviously I don't think like a serial killer, but wouldn't you think he'd move, be more afraid of getting caught? It just boggles my mind.

As a mother of three young adult daughters, this story just chills me to the bone.

A lot of killers do though. In fact many of them get off on the fact that they live in plain sight and the cops still have no clue it was them.

If JLM had gotten away with at least 2 rapes and one rape/murder, then why wouldn't he feel comfortable staying in the same area and doing it again? From his POV, surely that was not unreasonable.

Has anyone mentioned Heidi Childs and David Metzler (unsolved murders)? Heidi had a similar look to HG and MH and they were also UVA students and found in the area on Aug. 26, 2009.

Actually they were VT students and were killed around the area of VT.

Or she was carried in something then dumped out causing the multiple broken bones we've read about.. I still think he went through the driveway jmo

A lot of killers do though. In fact many of them get off on the fact that they live in plain sight and the cops still have no clue it was them.

If JLM had gotten away with at least 2 rapes and one rape/murder, then why wouldn't he feel comfortable staying in the same area and doing it again? From his POV, surely that was not unreasonable.

....nodding...that does make sense, from his POV. Thinking back to other highly-publicized cases, it seems common.

Because this time they had video of him with the missing girl.. He screwed up and thank God he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee