JLM: Other Possible Victims

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think we need to factor in the level of desperation and absolute necessity a person covering up a murder has vs. just a guy carrying his wife around for the heck of it.

I bet most of us could find a way to move a body if we had to.

Yes add the adrenaline. We have all seen the results of that. He is a huge muscular man. Hannah may have been tall and a runner but she was so slight. If anyone has ever watched a football training session this would be a cake walk for him. Especially if he drugged Hannah. She never had a chance. IMO. I pray it was quick.

Has anyone looked for unsolved rapes, murders, missing in the Newport News/Virginia Beach area during '03?

Why do you ask that? Did he live there during that time? There are a bunch of murders east of richmond (the colonial parkway murders) not too far from Newport News.

I'm this guy's height but he probably has 50 pounds of muscle on me and I can easily carry by wife (who's 140 lbs) over my shoulders pretty far. Also, I can carry my 70 pound daughter with one arm, for half the walk at the zoo! (basically miles). Also, I know MH's family is hoping that her broken bones resulted from being dragged (easier than carried, especially if he used a rope) out to the field and not as is feared, beaten to death or tortured.

Why do you ask that? Did he live there during that time? There are a bunch of murders east of richmond (the colonial parkway murders) not too far from Newport News.

He attended Christopher Newport University there, leaving abruptly in mid-October '03.

He transferred to Christopher Newport University, where he was a student from January 2003 through Oct. 15, 2003.

He was a member of the football team from August 14 to Sept. 12, 2003, according to the CNU administration.

In a statement to WTVR, administration said that “federal student record privacy laws limit the information we can provide.”

“Students don’t usually leave in the second month of the semester or leave the football team within a month,” the statement read.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/25/victim-allegedly-raped-by-jesse-matthew-at-liberty-dropped-charge/

Re: Newport news cases...
Check out post #70 on this thread

This is probably a long shot but there was a young woman named Autumn Wind Day who went missing from a grocery store parking lot (Food Lion) in July 2003. The store was located within a few miles of the CNU campus. Just posting this for reference, not sure he would be there in July before the school year started unless he was playing football and went early for pre-season.

http://nampn.org/cases/day_autumn.html

thanks

Just saw an article that they're reprocessing DNA evidence from previous rape cases in Virginia Beach. Not sure where, sorry.

Just saw this on our MSM here in Raleigh. I hope it's not just a repeat of other articles already posted:

Police link 2nd case to missing Va. student arrest
Read more at http://www.wral.com/police-report-lead-from-missing-uva-student-case/14027358/#AB9Q2Jtz4OWurBV8.99

ETA:

from the above article:

Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI profiler, said he was not surprised by the new evidence.

"Since this most recent victim disappeared, I said time and again that if they could find out who was responsible there was a good chance the same person would be responsible for Morgan Harrington and a number of others," he said.

my bold

Missing women from Christopher Newport University area when JLM attended from Jan- Oct 15 2003:

Autumn Wind Day-missing july 24 2003, last seen in parking lot of Food Lion, which was 7 miles away from CNU. Young white female.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/977/46

Julie Fraser-missing Feb 1 2003, last seen at a bar in Norfolk, 25 miles from CNU. Young white female.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1012/50

Sophie May Rivera-missing Sept 7 2003, last seen in Newport News 800block of 31 st, 7 miles from CNU. 31 year old african american/latino female.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/975/45

Often times predators tend to prey on smaller or thinner women due to being easier to overpower physically. I'm a lot more muscular then most other women and on the tall side. When I was eleven-years-old, while walking back to my apartment building from the apartment complex's pool, some man grabbed me, pulled me behind a building and attempted to sexually assault me, but I managed to fight him off. I was like 5' 6" and 150 pounds at the time, so that man wasn't going after me cause he knew I was a child or whatever. Never found the man who did that to me though. My family suspects that the attempted sexual assault on me was retaliation on my family connect to an ongoing neighbor dispute at the time. If I wasn't fairly strong and tall at that time then I probably wouldn't of been able to get away.

I saw a collage of photos someone put together of the missing/murdered women in JM's geographic area. Does anyone else remember seeing that? I can't find it and it's driving me crazy. I remember thinking some of the women looked strikingly similar.

Heidi Childs and David Meltzer were murdered on the same date, August 26th!

[Heidi Childs and David Meltzer were murdered on the same date, August 26th! Foxfire posted information on an attempted abduction that occurred August 26th of a different year to which Mountain Misst responded. That part of the post did not copy. So sorry :) ]

Heidi Childs and David Meltzer were both shot in the carpark. So far, IMO - shooting doesn't fit our POI. He appears to be more sexually motivated (power and control).

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/0...nts-found-murdered-in-forest/?test=latestnews

I really hope they run JM DNA against every single missing young woman in Virginia and then some. This is just horrifying.

I think you might be confusing the LU student/rape incident with the Fairfax rape victim who was attacked as she walked home from a grocery store at night. It was the Fairfax victim who was from another country. Two different people.

Maybe JLM is attracted to accents??

I saw a collage of photos someone put together of the missing/murdered women in JM's geographic area. Does anyone else remember seeing that? I can't find it and it's driving me crazy. I remember thinking some of the women looked strikingly similar.

Gitana made it for us...I can't remember which thread it was on.:blushing:

<shiver> This case just gets creepier & creepier. Now, I'm flashing on Ted Bundy -- many of the women he kidnapped, raped, killed & then raped again, were of a type who resembled his girlfriend in college -- long, dark hair, parted in the middle.

I would really like to see that collage, too!

Is there any hope of DNA matching when the victim(s) is/are not found for weeks or months? I can't see how...
icon9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members