JLM: Other Possible Victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list of possible JLM victims, dates, type evidence and/or location listed chronologically. Are there others? If so, add them to list.

Rape Victim 2002 Liberty University - testimony of victim, room mate, team mate (maybe even school official, or is that too much to hope?)
Autumn Wind Day, 26 – 7/03 – missing Newport News, VA - during time JLM attended Christopher Newport University.
Sophie May Rivera, 31 – 9/7/03 – missing Newport News, VA - during time JLM attended Christopher Newport University.
Rape Victim - 2005 Fairfax, VA - DNA, witness ID, testimony
Cassandra Morton, 23, 10/10/09– body found on Liberty U property, near Lynchburg, Morton was found dead on Candlers Mountain 48 days after reported missing.
Morgan Harrington 2009 - Charlottesville, VA - DNA, JLM location/vocation
DaShad Laquinn Smith, 19 Charlottesville, 9/20/12 – male black dressed as female, POI Erik McFadden - search dogs had slight response at drain pond behind UVA Medical Center when JLM was working there.
Hannah Graham, 18 - 9/13/14 - Charlottesville, VA - DNA, video, witnesses

No, you may be thinking of Alexis Murphy, Livingston, VA. Her body has yet to be found.
Cassandra Morton disappeared one week to the day if MH. She lived in Lynchburg. Her body was found on property belonging to Liberty University. I'm so happy that LPD will consider JLM Jr.

No, I was thinking of Joel Woodridge. I believe he was a POI in the Morton case (he has a record of crimes on Liberty University's campus, among other area schools) but I don't believe he was ever charged.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Cassandra-Ann-Morton-23-Lynchburg-10-Nov-2009 (See post 10 here for more info on Woodbridge)

I'm happy as well that police are investigating the JLM connection to Cassandra. I hope it gives her family some closure as well.

No, you may be thinking of Alexis Murphy, Livingston, VA. Her body has yet to be found.
Cassandra Morton disappeared one week to the day if MH. She lived in Lynchburg. Her body was found on property belonging to Liberty University. I'm so happy that LPD will consider JLM Jr.

I was thinking of Joel Woodbridge but then I remembered he was just looked at, never arrested or anything.

Anyway, thanks. I agree, it's great LE is considering this connection as well. I hope Cassandra's family gets closure.

A list of possible JLM victims with dates, type evidence and/or location listed chronologically.

Are there others?
---

Rape Victim 2002 Liberty University - testimony of victim, room mate, team mate (maybe even school official, or is that too much to hope?)
Autumn Wind Day, 26 – 7/03 – missing Newport News, VA - during time JLM attended Christopher Newport University.
Sophie May Rivera, 31 – 9/7/03 – missing Newport News, VA - during time JLM attended Christopher Newport University.
Cassandra Morton, 23, 10/10/09– body found on Liberty U property, near Lynchburg, Morton was found dead on Candlers Mountain 48 days after reported missing.
DaShad Laquinn Smith, 19 Charlottesville, 9/20/12 – male black dressed as female, POI Erik McFadden - search dogs had slight response at drain pond behind UVA Medical Center when JLM was working there.

Do not want to get OT, but since it is relevant to this case, I just think that no matter what the law is on rape in a specific case, a college has no business investigating it, interviewing witnesses, etc. It is purely a police matter and should be handled as such. The moment a rape is reported on campus, then the police (not campus police) need to be called.

I wonder if Morgan and (sadly I think) Hannah would be alive today if that were the procedure.

I totally agree and this seems so obvious to me. I asked this is a different thread. Why do colleges investigate rather than LE? If a crime is reported to them are they not obligated to contact LE? :confused: Is there a legal reason why crime victims report to the college first rather than LE? Allowing a college to handle a crime on campus seems a huge conflict of interest to me.

A list of possible JLM victims with dates, type evidence and/or location listed chronologically. Are there others?
---

Here's my list of possible JLM victims listed chronologically with type evidence/link to JLM (possible evidence in parentheses). Can you think of others?

Morgan Harrington 2009 - Charlottesville, VA - DNA, JLM location/vocation, other (other items?)
Hannah Graham, 18 - 9/13/14 - Charlottesville, VA - video, witnesses, (DNA/other items?)

Here's my list of possible JLM victims listed chronologically with type evidence/link to JLM (possible evidence in parentheses). Can you think of others?

Morgan Harrington 2009 - Charlottesville, VA - DNA, JLM location/vocation, other (other items?)
Hannah Graham, 18 - 9/13/14 - Charlottesville, VA - video, witnesses, (DNA/other items?)

This is a test - because my comments won't post for some reason.

JustK, since you brought up a possible connection to Thanksgiving, look at Norma Alicia Avillan of Herndon, VA was last seen on Sunday, November 29, 2009, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Her disappearance hasn't received a lot of attention.

Norma Alicia Avillan is considered a "missing person" by the Herndon (Virginia) Police Department. Her family fears some harm has come to the petite 51-year-old woman.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic...n-va-11292009/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...lan_norma.html

If Norma was abducted, it would be late at night, in an apartment parking lot just off a main road and commercial district. If JLM was driving back to Charlottesville from Washington DC/Northern Virginia, it's just a couple of mile drive from I-66 to Norma's apartment complex (Berkdale apartments). Perhaps she stopped at the store on her way home or went to the McDonalds right across the street and he followed her? It reminds me of the circumstances surrounding the 2005 Fairfax rape.

Also, coincidentally (or perhaps not), November 29, 2009 is the same day Cassandra Morton's body was found on Candler Mountain, near Lynchburg.

I do know that when the United Airlines C'ville to Dulles flight has problems, the airport will sometimes call a bunch of taxis and have the passengers driven up to Dulles. I'm also pretty sure that only certain cabs are allowed to pick up passengers at Dulles, so cabs from C'ville would be coming home empty.

The Roanoke Times ‏@roanoketimes 24 minutes ago
Authorities exploring whether #HannahGraham case, Campbell Co. homicide linked >> http://bit.ly/1u99h8C / @newsadvance

I'm not sure when Lauren Spierer disappeared, but it seems the same to me, drunk girl walking alone, could he have possibly been in Indiana, maybe for an away game?

Bloomington has an indoor football team. Lauren disappeared in June. I was thinking there might be a remote possiblity that JM tried out for that team or attended some type of training camp. Small chance and LE would have to be able to put him there for sure. But I agree the MO is so similar. . .and that fact that Lauren was wandering around without her shoes on and JM appears to have a foot fetish kind of creeped me out. He would have noticed that. :shudder:

Lauren disappeared in JUNE...no football then, and her school is not even in the same NCAA Division as the schools he played for. They are immensely different in size of enrollment.

Lauren disappeared in 2011. That was looong after JM was playing football in college. He was driving taxi duriing that time and may have been playing for that semi-pro team in Charlottsville. They have a completely different season than the collegiate teams.

BBM. I don't know how you can get to there just from the one rape victim who was assaulted in a way that I think was quite different from Hannah and MH. She was just walking along, carrying her groceries whe her assailant swoope on her. He clearly wanted to "hit and run". She was in a rather public spot and any consent issue out the window. The perp clearly went right to business.

With MH and Hannah, those two apparently went with him willingly. He had to take a whole other approache which was to woo them into his, care make them think they were safe with him, and then make his moves when he had them somewhere he took them, and what he did next is up in the air. As others have said, MH was probably dragged, and hauled, and whatever for months. I'm surprised there is anyone else's DNA left on her, as the remains were described as skeletal. It seems like she was beaten up all over, nut just her neck broken, but there is no telling how that happened or when. She could have been stuck in a contractor's bag and just thrown and smashed to fit a trunk or whatever after she had passed away. Though clearly, JM knew how to do a chokehold and was strong enough to end things right then and there with them.

Serial killers evolve. They learn with each new crime. They do whatever it is they have to to reach their "goal."

I don't think he wanted to "hit and run." He beat her and choked her until she was unconscious. I'm sure if he wasn't interrupted he would have killed her or left her for dead. But he was interrupted and that probably didn't make him very happy, so he learns that next time he should take the victim to a more secluded area. Well, then the problem becomes how. He can't just grab them and drag them to a remote location, he's going to have to figure out a way to take his victims by car. . . and so it goes, on and on until he thinks he's figured out the perfect crime. . .so much so that eventually he slips into a false sense of security.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_adf97860-48b0-11e4-aeb1-001a4bcf6878.html

[h=1]Authorities exploring whether Graham, Morton cases linked[/h]

Good! I'm glad to see this.

One more thing. I don't think we should get too hung up on a type. While JM might have had a preference, serial killers will usually take what they can get. Look at Klunder. His victims were all over the place. And ultimately it was a 12 year old, not a college co-ed, that sent Bundy to the electric chair. I think we should consider younger victims here as well.

Here is a list of possible JLM victims, dates, type evidence and/or location listed chronologically. Are there others? If so, add them to list.

I'd say add a potential CNU case - he has a "single file" with campus police:

http://www.wric.com/story/26661221/...d-be-tied-to-2009-murder-of-morgan-harrington

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/loc...cle_adf97860-48b0-11e4-aeb1-001a4bcf6878.html

[h=1]Authorities exploring whether Graham, Morton cases linked[/h]

The more I hear about Liberty University the less "christian" I believe this school is. I feel if more had been done in the first rape case there may have been less of them. I'm glad it's out in the open now for the public to see. Edited to add that I personally wouldn't want my child going there because to me it seems they have no respect for human life or peoples boundaries all they care about is their reputation.

That Cassandra Morton case really stands out to me. Murdered in fall, body dumped, and left on the grounds on Liberty University.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne