JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I myself was asking earlier this evening what we knew about JM from 2004-2009, and this may have been mentioned at some point. But I found some dates for Piedmont Virginia Community College. Fall 2007, Spring and Fall 2008, and then again in Fall of 2011.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...s-Part-Time-Student-at-College-277793032.html

MJPeony - Here's what I've got on the timeline for those years (and I know the traffic charges are all Virginia, but it doesn't say where in Virginia for most of them):

6/17/04 – Traffic Charge: Fail to obey traffic signal
8/5/04 – Hearing –guilty in absentia 6/17/04 – Fail to obey traffic signal

Obtains taxi permit per Charlottesville Commissioner of the Revenue
3/04/05 – Traffic Charge: Speeding
4/22/05 – Hearing: waived/paid – Buckingham General District Court (Charlottesville address) 3/04/05 – Traffic Charge: Speeding
~~9/24/2005 Fairfax, VA Sexual Assault http://www.readthehook.com/67132/mor...ope-fresh-fear

Holds taxi permit
2/1/06 – Traffic Charge: failure to obey stop sign
2/21/06 – Hearing: guilty 2/1/06 – failure to obey stop sign
6/21/06 – Traffic Charge: speeding
7/24/06 – Traffic Charge: speeding
7/25/06 – Hearing – cont 6/21/06 – speeding
8/9/06 – Hearing – guilty 7/24/06 – speeding
8/22/06 – Hearing –not guilty 6/21/06 – speeding

Holds taxi permit
1/24/07 – Traffic charge – speeding – Charlottesville 22903
3/21/07 – Hearing- RE: Speeding Charge in Greene County 1/24/07 - guilty
Fall 2007 - Matthew enrolled as part time student at Piedmont Virginia Community College
11/20/07 – Traffic charge – speeding – Charlottesville 22903

Holds taxi permit
2/4/08 Hearing – RE: 11/20/07 speeding charge - guilty
Spring & Fall 2008 - - Matthew enrolled as part time student at Piedmont Virginia Community College
8/19/08 UVA Health Services Warrant in Debt (civil)

Holds taxi permit
6/4/09 – Assault & Grand Larceny Charge Incident
6/23/09 – Warrant in Debt – Martha Jefferson Hospital
7/9/09 – Hearing: RE: 6/4 Assault & Grand Larceny Charges – Continued
8/20/09 Hearing: RE: 6/4 Assault & Grand Larceny Charges – Continued
9/17/09 Hearing: RE: 6/4 Assault & Grand Larceny Charges – Continued
10/02/09 Traffic Charge –speeding
~~10/17/09 Morgan Harrington goes missing (Forensic link to JLM) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-2009-1/page12
10/22/09 Hearing: RE: 6/4 Assault & Grand Larceny Charges – Continued
~~11/11/09 Morgan Harrington - shirt found @ corner of 15th St & Grady Ave outside apt building
11/24/09 – Hearing – cont 10/02/09 speeding
12/22/09 – Hearing –cont 10/02/09 speeding

I wonder if he didn't make himself look different by puffing out his cheeks a bit.

It is interesting that the female co worker said he was well spoken.

Different than the act he pulled in Texas.

i think she may have said "well spoken" which meant "polite"
because he never seemed "well spoken" to me... polite and cordial, yes but def not "well spoken"

i think she may have said "well spoken" which meant "polite"
because he never seemed "well spoken" to me... polite and cordial, yes but def not "well spoken"

well spoken as in articulate or personable?

Inspired by scmom23's post above, here are some attempts to show the original 2005 sketch overlaying three separate photos of JLM.

JLM2005.jpgJLM2014Mug.jpgJLMDMV.jpg

The quality is rather poor, I admit.

1. Early photo of JLM, closer in age to the date of the Fairfax assault in September, 2005. The photo was not a completely frontal view, so it doesn't really match up well. All I could do was rotate the original a bit to line it up as best as I could.

2. Current mugshot of JLM. Creepy how this one is rather accurate, except for the placement of the eyes. But heck, the eye shape is uncanny, as is the curve of the brow!

3. JLM's September 19, 2014 DMV photo. Really hard to see any similarities here, but then again, it's hard to see that it's the same person as the guy in the mugshot -- taken only weeks apart. What's with the pursed, puffy lips here? Odd.

Inspired by scmom23's post above, here are some attempts to show the original 2005 sketch overlaying three separate photos of JLM.

View attachment 62101View attachment 62102View attachment 62103

The quality is rather poor, I admit.

1. Early photo of JLM, closer in age to the date of the Fairfax assault in September, 2005. The photo was not a completely frontal view, so it doesn't really match up well. All I could do was rotate the original a bit to line it up as best as I could.

2. Current mugshot of JLM. Creepy how this one is rather accurate, except for the placement of the eyes. But heck, the eye shape is uncanny!

3. JLM's September 19, 2014 DMV photo. Really hard to see any similarities here, but then again, it's hard to see that it's the same person as the guy in the mugshot -- taken only weeks apart. What's with the pursed, puffy lips here? Odd.

Wow. When you consider these sketches come from what a traumatized victim is able to recall and articulate to an artist, the similarities are astounding. I don't know that I would be able to tell someone how to draw my husbands face without some minor inaccuracies - and I know his face almost as well as my own.

I am sorry but for the life of me I cannot understand how JLM was never even considered a possible match to "Sketch". I mean he was OUT THERE for 5 years . Very visable in the community. Enough exposure to the legal system. A cabbie that was seen by so many people and even Law Enforcement was familiar with him. How on Gods green earth did this guy go unnoticed??.........and had he not broken away from his normal MO of sneaking up on his victims with no witnesses, he would still be out there!!!! For how many more murders would it take for him to have been looked at as a suspect.

I still have problems with why he would chose a night he had made such a spectacle of himself to murder yet again. I mean HE KNEW he was calling attention to himself the whole night prior to HG. Let's face it he is hard to miss, it just does not fit in with the stealth of his other crimes .

I still have problems with why he would chose a night he had made such a spectacle of himself to murder yet again. I mean HE KNEW he was calling attention to himself the whole night prior to HG. Let's face it he is hard to miss, it just does not fit in with the stealth of his other crimes .

*Drugs and/or alcohol would be my first guess.
*Others have suggested overconfidence due to having gotten away with it for so long.
*Another possibility is boredom on his part followed by a desire to increase his risk thereby increasing the thrill.
*A sudden and unexpected and irresistible opportunity.

I am sorry but for the life of me I cannot understand how JLM was never even considered a possible match to "Sketch". I mean he was OUT THERE for 5 years . Very visable in the community. Enough exposure to the legal system. A cabbie that was seen by so many people and even Law Enforcement was familiar with him. How on Gods green earth did this guy go unnoticed??.........and had he not broken away from his normal MO of sneaking up on his victims with no witnesses, he would still be out there!!!! For how many more murders would it take for him to have been looked at as a suspect.

I know! He was so out in the community and came in contact with so many people it just seems like one person would've made a call to LE. If only to say something like I work with this really nice, big teddy bear guy or my sons coach is a great coach and wonderful with the kids BUT he looks a lot like the sketch put out by LE. I wonder why no one made a call? Was he really that nice no one could even imagine him having a dark side? Also, I would think a college friend or professor who knew about the sexual assaults would have made a connection after seeing this sketch. Or after a tip in MH case she may have gotten in a cab surely one if his coworkers would've had a red flag alarming!

FWIW all of JLM's suspected attacks occurred on days LIBERTY U. Had a football game, maybe it was a trigger.
Sep 24, 20051 p.m.vs. William and Mary
Williamsburg, Va.L (0-56)
Oct 17, 20093:30 PMCoastal Carolina*
Homecoming Weekend
Lynchburg, Va
Sep 13, 20147:00 PMBrevard
TV: LFSN/ESPN3 Radio: LFSN
Lynchburg, Va.

Edit Post***Reply***Reply With Quote********

I'm going to echo what teeandcee said first, that alcohol (and who knows, maybe drugs) was a factor. If we go by Coy Barefoot's timeline, then JLM had been drinking all night -- first at Pantops, then on the Downtown Mall. He was doing bourbon shots with his friend, according to the timeline. I would think the alcohol would diminish his inhibitions, letting the inner demon loose to act out. Maybe it was overconfidence, too, but I think it was just impaired judgment of his hidden rapist mind. JMO, of course.

BBM:
He was ID'ed, by close friends/family, as a perfect match for the sketch (according to a news article that I can't find). But I imagine they said it jokingly, because they never in a million years thought he would do this. Thus, they wouldn't have reported him. Then, he grew dreadlocks...and failed to look any older year after year. People would have aged the sketch in their minds to a much older version, IMO.

As for that night--who knows. Either:
1. He had grown so confident/cocky that he didn't think it mattered if he was seen
2. He had no control over his "urge" and wasn't thinking, or
3. Subconsciously was either taunting LE or wanted to get caught
(and I'm sure more options, which we may never know)

Good points about how he was able to get away with not being ID's in the past, and then why he chose a night he was so visible on....

Maybe he got very over confident... maybe he figured there's no way to avoid surveillance these days during the initial stalking phase of his attack, so he'd look less creepy with more people around. Yet, he was careful to avoid being seen when actually took her - no surveillance or witnesses of that.

FWIW all of JLM's suspected attacks occurred on days LIBERTY U. Had a football game, maybe it was a trigger.
Sep 24, 20051 p.m.vs. William and Mary
Williamsburg, Va.L (0-56)
Oct 17, 20093:30 PMCoastal Carolina*
Homecoming Weekend
Lynchburg, Va
Sep 13, 20147:00 PMBrevard
TV: LFSN/ESPN3 Radio: LFSN
Lynchburg, Va.

Edit Post***Reply***Reply With Quote********

This might be worth calling in. Will you look up the days of disappearances of others? (AM, SC, etc)?

RSC
I'm bad with posting so I'm not sure if I replied correctly, yes I can look that up. I did look it up already but I can't remember what I figured out.

RE: the sketch, I was thinking about how I'd feel if it was someone I worked with and liked and who was very nice. I'd be very, very hesitant to involve them and possibly ruin their life (if they were innocent). I'd picture the media running with it and this person's life never being the same again and all because I called and got an innocent person exposed to Big Media. It's a pretty big responsibility.

RSC
I'm bad with posting so I'm not sure if I replied correctly, yes I can look that up. I did look it up already but I can't remember what I figured out.

Thanks! If you hit "reply with quote" then it will show that you are responding to me. That said, if you are mobile I always struggle with that!!

RE: the sketch, I was thinking about how I'd feel if it was someone I worked with and liked and who was very nice. I'd be very, very hesitant to involve them and possibly ruin their life (if they were innocent). I'd picture the media running with it and this person's life never being the same again and all because I called and got an innocent person exposed to Big Media. It's a pretty big responsibility.

He is also a very, very large man. I would probably be scared to call him in, honestly, if I were doubting to myself whether it was even him.

BBM. I know. It seems incredibly stupid. But considering it was a football game night he might have drank way too much to realize he was being a nuisance and calling attention to himself. Drunk people don't usually realize how annoying they're being.

I'm going to echo what teeandcee said first, that alcohol (and who knows, maybe drugs) was a factor. If we go by Coy Barefoot's timeline, then JLM had been drinking all night -- first at Pantops, then on the Downtown Mall. He was doing bourbon shots with his friend, according to the timeline. I would think the alcohol would diminish his inhibitions, letting the inner demon loose to act out. Maybe it was overconfidence, too, but I think it was just impaired judgment of his hidden rapist mind. JMO, of course.

Yep, and then Hannah appears and she's impaired and he can't resist that opportunity and there you have it. If sober he may have been able to resist and stick to his working MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee