JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that he is known as a serial killer, will CNU have to release their records?

Hopefully, they will be subpoened.

I can't get over what a soulless monster he is pretending to be so good and kind and loving!!!

Just me, or does Jesse Matthews remind anyone else of Big Edmund Kemper; the gentle giant coed killer?

Edmund Kemper "The Gentle Giant" - Serial Killers Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXD3Rl436W0

They say an expert at anything has to spend at least 10,000 hours thinking about it, some Malcolm Gladwell thing (I'm not going to it look up). JM, this star athlete, hard knocks life, has been thinking about how to get away with all this for years. Seems so tied to family, mostly sister and grandma, and the place, of course. So sad for them all. But there he was planning it, "jokey" "goofball" "gentle giant", who turns on dime emotionally (lawyer assault incident), getting singed here and there with close calls, adjusting, seems to have escalated, and gotten more cautious. He thought he was so good at hiding his victims that there was no way they'd have enough evidence to require a DNA test, when he came into the police, before he took off for Texas. How do you think he progressed hiding his victims? Maybe keeping in mind the strong tie to place, family, friends (if their defending him as mentioned above), and needing to feel the rush of it all around him, daily, it seems?

I've never done this before, and feel awful at the thought that Hannah Graham and any other victim's families could see this and have it hurt them more. Hope that is not the case. I do believe if you have many minds asking and answering with good intent, it helps. There's a lot of catching up to do with JM.

Not sure about JM, but usually sexual predators are linked back to an overbearing mother... Many torture small animals> specifically Cats> Feline> Female..jmo

Interesting read-->

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
Then last spring, the psychologist treating Michael referred his parents to Dan Waschbusch, a researcher at Florida International University. Following a battery of evaluations, Anne and Miguel were presented with another possible diagnosis: their son Michael might be a psychopath.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/m....html?_r=5&src=me&ref=general&pagewanted=all&

For the past 10 years, Waschbusch has been studying “callous-unemotional” children — those who exhibit a distinctive lack of affect, remorse or empathy — and who are considered at risk of becoming psychopaths as adults.
<sniped - read more>

Perplexed- Thank you for sharing them. I am, again today, speechless. I'm physically nauseated at that one photo of him wrestling his opponent. Oh my goodness.

Perplexed- Thank you for sharing them. I am, again today, speechless. I'm physically nauseated at that one photo of him wrestling his opponent. Oh my goodness.

I wish I could remember where I saw the original post, but even his childhood friend who posted these and states that he and others are in complete shock over this, said he can't look at that picture anymore either. :( You're not alone in your feelings.

Me too. It is sickening, can't fathom the families' pain.

I wish I could remember where I saw the original post, but even his childhood friend who posted these and states that he and others are in complete shock over this, said he can't look at that picture anymore either. :( You're not alone in your feelings.
The original poster was kind enough to share the link.

/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/2htfoq/the_unresolved_murder_of_morgan_harrington_is_now/

username is ''thisismyfupa''.

Is it just me or does the photo of him dancing look like he's pulling his unbuckled belt off/ down and simulating smacking an @ss?

Interesting read, particularly the section covering behavior and profiles of 5 serial rapist types- http://www.corpus-delicti.com/rape.html

I felt JM fit the "Anger Excitation" type pretty well, but there were points that didn't seem to fit. I'm guessing that the profile types are more of a guideline and not an exact science.

I would really like to know his Google search history. I hope it will help LE find other victims who are not even on our radar. What does a serial killer google?

Not sure about JM, but usually sexual predators are linked back to an overbearing mother... Many torture small animals> specifically Cats> Feline> Female..jmo

Interesting read-->

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
Then last spring, the psychologist treating Michael referred his parents to Dan Waschbusch, a researcher at Florida International University. Following a battery of evaluations, Anne and Miguel were presented with another possible diagnosis: their son Michael might be a psychopath.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/m....html?_r=5&src=me&ref=general&pagewanted=all&

For the past 10 years, Waschbusch has been studying &#8220;callous-unemotional&#8221; children &#8212; those who exhibit a distinctive lack of affect, remorse or empathy &#8212; and who are considered at risk of becoming psychopaths as adults.
<sniped - read more>

In JLMs case it could be an overbearing grandmother. It was said in other threads that she raised him instead of his mother.

I think JM thinks he's an extra special snowflake who doesn't have to abide by the same rules of society as the rest of us. Obviously all criminals go by this philosophy, but there's something arrogant about some criminals. Scott Peterson and Jordan van der Sloot come to mind as being snowflakes. Or thinking they are anyway.

I would really like to know his Google search history. I hope it will help LE find other victims who are not even on our radar. What does a serial killer google?

Probably things similar to what many websleuthers do. : o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point- He may also have been scheduled to work Saturday night, if on shifts. I've added it. Thanks

Jesse Matthew-TIMELINE:
Saturday,September 13
1:45 A.M.—Walking away from Tempo​
****needs source was he at football training Saturday,September 13?
****needs source Work at UVA medical centre
In possession of a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe
1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.

Sunday 14 HG reported missing

Monday 15 ****needs source Work at UVA medical centre
Police begin search for Hannah

Tuesday 16 ****needs source Work at UVA medical centre

Wednesday 17
Press conference - We have reason to believe she inside a bar on the mall, with an individual who lived on Hessian Hill Way

Thursday 18 Last time Landlord saw JM

Friday 19
In possession of orange a burnt orange 1998 Chrysler coupe

Saturday, September 20—
After midnight First Search warrant JM's Car​
3 people at house
5:45 AM Search warrant House​
JM not there
Press conference- appeal for black male, 32 years old, 6ft 2’ ,270 lb, with dreadlocks as a person of interest
Early/mid afternoon Charlottesville Police Station with family members, speaks to lawyer - hired James Camblos​
3.04PM changes fb picture​
JM named as person of interest
5.00PM last seen (wanted poster) Went to parent's (or grandmother's) home and took off with mother in the car.​
Orange car confiscated

Sunday 21— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.

Monday 22— 1997 light-blue Nissan Sentra with Virginia license plate VAC4575.
Afternoon LUMBERTON, Texas
Authorities are looking at surveillance video and other evidence that indicates Jesse Matthew was in the Hardin County area on Monday.http://www.khou.com/story/news/2014/09/25/jesse-matthew-spotted-in-lumberton-monday/16231403/
Matthew checked in Monday afternoon at Village Creek State Park and rented a tent space under an assumed name. only stayed a few hours
8.pm Taco Bell LUMBERTON​
Police executed a new search warrant at his home
forensic evidence from Matthew’s car and home came back to police, a felony arrest warrant was issued.
****needs source (10 am Tiger Truck Stop in Baton Rouge, La (borrowed phonehe called his fathers home put gas, and then sped off http://www.cbsnews.com/news/restaurant-staff-missing-u-va-student-could-barely-walk/)

Tuesday—, September 23
Authorities announced a single charge against Matthew of abduction with the intent to defile

Wednesday—, September 24— Press conference
Arrested on Galveston Island.​

Friday, September 26—
Returned to Charlottesville​

please correct and add
(Louisiana to Virginia call?)
From Google Maps: On I-59 Charlottesville to Galveston Island-Drive Time 19.5 hours
Police estimate he had spent two nights on the beach on Galveston Island
the man who gave him a fish
work-A co-worker at UVa said Matthew’s demeanor changed the week after Graham disappeared. Typically jovial, she said, Matthew became reserved, and began taking his lunch break alone. http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/m...cle_9e585d74-445d-11e4-a6da-0017a43b2370.html
times of other warrants/sightings
was he at football training Saturday,September 13
everything else

I’ve included cars and possible sightings. Perhaps it might help jog memories to fill in gaps. Where you in the areas? Call LE

Wow. Thank you and everyone here. I knew I could come to WS to get briefed on what is going on.

I started to see breaking news about possible connections to Morgan's case and this guy and just had to come here.
Thanks again everyone.

there seems to be precedent in charlotteville with fall predators. The first 5 cases hsve dna so not JM, but after 2002...who knows bbm

http://www.readthehook.com/92943/coverstory-guard-women-brace-against-serial-rapist

Since August 2002, there have been seven other attacks that police believe may be connected to this same rapist. While there is no genetic link, "There are enough similarities that we want to look at them," says Harding. "In a case of this magnitude, we look at everything."

Adds city police DNA expert Barfield, "The thing you'll notice is that this cranks up in August, and by September he's violent. Why August?"

This is a good question. There has to be some connection to the time frame. Here are a few guesses if we consider he was around college towns:

-The opportunity becomes much greater around August because classes are almost beginning and new kids are moving into their dorms and apartments getting ready for the fall semester that is about to begin. All the kids are excited and happy about getting ready for school.
In my college town (not in his state), they said the town's population would increase by 60-70% when school started.

-A lot of the local bars begin to have a huge increase in population as the college student clientele swarm the places.

-The weather is about to turn cold soon and this is his last chance to find and see people in their summer clothes. This allows the perp to committ the crime more quickly as well as pick out his victim based on their size.
If we assume that Morgan and this latest case is committed by the same perp, the victims were very noticeably petite and small. He may have chosen small girls so he could easily overpower them.

This is a good question. There has to be some connection to the time frame. Here are a few guesses if we consider he was around college towns:

-The opportunity becomes much greater around August because classes are almost beginning and new kids are moving into their dorms and apartments getting ready for the fall semester that is about to begin. All the kids are excited and happy about getting ready for school.
In my college town (not in his state), they said the town's population would increase by 60-70% when school started.

-A lot of the local bars begin to have a huge increase in population as the college student clientele swarm the places.

-The weather is about to turn cold soon and this is his last chance to find and see people in their summer clothes. This allows the perp to committ the crime more quickly as well as pick out his victim based on their size.
If we assume that Morgan and this latest case is committed by the same perp, the victims were very noticeably petite and small. He may have chosen small girls so he could easily overpower them.

Good points. The surprising thing about that comment the officer made, is he was not talking about JM, but another serial predator rapist active in Charlottesville, VA. That rapist has been caught and 5 of the rapes connected to him, still 7 approx. unsolved.

Are we missing the bigger picture re: Charlottesville? :thinking:

(For those looking for the Link to pictures up thread-- http://imgur.com/a/7FXt4)

Good points. The surprising thing about that comment the officer made, is he was not talking about JM, but another serial predator rapist active in Charlottesville, VA. That rapist has been caught and 5 of the rapes connected to him, still 7 approx. unsolved.

Are we missing the bigger picture re: Charlottesville? :thinking:

(For those looking for the Link to pictures up thread-- http://imgur.com/a/7FXt4)

I wonder about that too. I was just in Charlottesville, visiting UVA, and thought it was a Garden of Eden of sort (and even it had its resident Serpent and the devil himself came to visit in there). I got no feel at all that the area outside of the university was dangerous in terms of other college towns. You know with some schools, that the crime stats are high per person, per square mile and that is an issue when looking for colleges for one's children. Most students end up off campus after freshman year, like Hannah, and so what the area around the school and beyond is an issue, and how it infilterates the student circle. I had asked several times about stats for UVA, Charlottesville crime stats, and what was given did not seem to be out of ordinary at all, actually on the low side. But it seems like there are more female assaulted crimes in the area.

Though it's an issue for all those who live in an area, at least they know the lay of the land When you stick a college kid away from home in a completely unfamiliar area, they need to get their bearings fast. So it's a relevant issue for parents in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay