JLM: What Do We Know About Him?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted or not ..
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/oct/03/uva-kidnap-suspect-gentle-giant-or-predator/

"Matthew wrestled, played football and rank track at Charlottesville's Albermarle High School. Then in 1998, his junior year, he was transferred from overcrowded Albermarle to the newly completed Monticello High, and his parents separated.
<modsnip>

His college career took a sharp wrong turn in his junior year, when a fellow student accused Matthew of raping her. Matthew withdrew from Liberty on Oct. 17, 2002 &#8212; hours after a reported sexual assault behind the university's sports arena"

My original comment was not meant to disparage nursing as a career. But is is very unlikely that HG as 2nd year undergraduate was a nursing student. UVA doesn't have an undergraduate nursing program-- the only thing they offer is a masters.

Anderson Cooper, CNN calls her a pre-med student, making straight A's.

I do not know about UVA, but to get into the top nursing program where I am from, you HAVE to have straight A's in your prerequisites or you will not qualify.
My daughter went to UVA Medical School from 2010-2014 and graduated in May. UVA or any other school do not have a pred-med as such. The student usually pursues an undergraduate degree in biology or chemistry. They have a curriculum set up on mandatory classes. From what I read about her classes etc I take it she was taking a BS degree that would lead to qualifying for Medical School. I was uneasy many times when my girl went there. A different world down on the mall at night...weekends are crazy all the side streets etc. unlighted. And, now where does she go to her residency ...Philadelphia! Even worse there. All I hope for now is that Hannah is found. Every Mom has so much empathy for Hannah's parents. God bless this family.

The last picture, before he ran, he was 300lbs, imo. He had an inherent advantage when drinking, too.

'

In the photo from his lic. renewal on the 18 or 19th, he seems so bloated, compared to the one from Tempo with his arm around the woman (from Inside C-ville), his arrest in TX and last mugshot Charlottesville. Is it just me, or does it seem that way to others?

http://www.newser.com/story/196439/jesse-matthew-was-hiding-in-age-old-hiding-spot.html

Can we brainstorm just for a moment?

JM was "hiding in plain sight" in Texas (he certainly was here).

JM was found on a mass grave of a serial killer.

There was only one road in.

Perhaps he is well versed on serial killers and their techniques. Perhaps THAT was his hobby.

Perhaps Hannah is hidden in plain sight.

Perhaps there is more significance to this than we think/give him credit for.

He was a competitor - football, wrestling. He was good. He was co-captain, he was voted "Charlottesville's Best Athlete," he was given a football scholarship to college. He was a winner.

What if he's trying to "win" at this "sport?" What would he have to DO, what would he have to get away with, to make him better than all the rest, to give him (in his mind) that Superbowl ring he wanted so badly?

In the photo from his lic. renewal on the 18 or 19th, he seems so bloated, compared to the one from Tempo with his arm around the woman (from Inside C-ville), his arrest in TX and last mugshot Charlottesville. Is it just me, or does it seem that way to others?

Yes. I even wondered if he stuffed his cheeks with cotton or something similar. He looks at least 30lbs heavier in that pic than other ones taken near the same time. It had to be intentional.

MOO

Well, we do now know that JLM is a serial rapist and a violent one according to all the evidence.

Federal Judge 7th Circuit, Richard Posner, in his book &#8220;Economic Analysis of the Law&#8221; (8th edition), says rape is an equally archaic tradition that, like the institution of natural marriage, that needs a significant overhaul. He thinks the government should issue &#8220;rape licenses&#8221; (I kid you not) since the &#8220;right to rape,&#8221; for some men at least, &#8220;exceeds the victim&#8217;s physical and emotional pain.&#8221;
Page 216, &#8220;Rape bypasses the market in sexual relations (marital and otherwise) in the same way that theft bypasses markets in ordinary goods and services, and it should therefore be forbidden.&#8221;

My thoughts about this 'judge' cannot be spoken publically...but I bet a lot of Frat boys and one guy in the Charlottesville jail think Posner is cool.

Yes. I even wondered if he stuffed his cheeks with cotton or something similar. He looks at least 30lbs heavier in that pic than other ones taken near the same time. It had to be intentional.

MOO

Weight gain could be due to Marijuana consumption or certain psychiatric medications.

Weight gain could be due to Marijuana consumption or certain psychiatric medications.

Yep. I kinda think he botoxed his brow or something. His features seem different from older pictures. Again, maybe just me but that V shape over his brow in recent pix you don't in see older pix.

That's exactly what I have been saying. Think back to your high school experience. Everyone knew that guy (and girl) who would have been super obnoxious but because of their popularity the behavior was encouraged and got the desired effect. Many of those people as adults continue acting the same way because they never learned not to, except when you are in your 30s and not rich nor a celebrity (no longer "popular" it's as annoying as it really was all along and even more creepy because you are so old.

I'd say his size factored into this as well. That kind of behavior from an average sized guy at a bar would lead to them getting beat up a few times until they learned their lesson or found another hobby.

At over 6 foot and 270 I doubt many people felt inclined to "teach" LJ much of anything.

I wonder if he always acted the way he did at Tempo that night with the women or was he in some kind of manic state?

The women told him off in no uncertain terms. Anyone should be able to get the idea that this approach does not work.

It may work if he is a famous athlete or movie star who makes millions of dollars a year, but he doesn't have that cash to offer

Ive read accounts of serial killers who become manic in the anticipation of the kill.In those accounts their behavior gradually ramps up in the weeks and months preceding their crime and culminates in a frenzy of violence.

Perhaps this explains MH's broken bones?

Afterwards they sometimes appear deeply depressed to others. Slow movements, difficulty in thinking and speaking, and focusing on trivial matters while ignoring larger and much more pressing concerns can all be signs of depression.

IMO this is clearly seen in the video of JLM in Texas. If he were any more 'laid back' he would have fallen asleep standing up.

Perhaps what people are viewing as him being slow is something else entirely?

I couldn't watch that whole video. First the woman says MH was a UVA student, then the guy calls JM "Jeffrey" and then he pronounces Hannah as Honnah. No wonder the public gets confused.

Ive read accounts of serial killers who become manic in the anticipation of the kill.In those accounts their behavior gradually ramps up in the weeks and months preceding their crime and culminates in a frenzy of violence.

Afterwards they sometimes appear deeply depressed to others. Slow movements, difficulty in thinking and speaking, and focusing on trivial matters while ignoring larger and much more pressing concerns can all be signs of depression.

IMO this is clearly seen in the video of JLM in Texas. If he were any more 'laid back' he would have fallen asleep standing up.

I recently read a very long article about Ted Bundy, he said he was always fine before and during a murder. It was afterward that he would panic and toss evidence from his car as he drove around. But not all serial killers are the same.

I thought JM appeared slow and cautious on the video, but I watched his hand when he signed his name and it appeared that he only signed "Jesse." Looking at the picture of one of the forms he signed it appears to be his signature. It may be a legal signature, but it's not on the level of most people's signatures. It struck me as illiteracy, learning disabled, mentally challenged or some combo. That does not mean he doesn't know right from wrong though.

How slow can he be to have gone to three colleges ,the last one where he was not there on a football scholarship.

He may have academic issues, but he is working on an advanced psychopath degree.

How slow can he be to have gone to three colleges ,the last one where he was not there on a football scholarship.

He may have academic issues, but he is working on an advanced psychopath degree.

Actually he could be pretty darned slow academically. From an interesting article that looks at reading levels and SAT scores for college athletes: "As a graduate student at UNC-Greensboro, Willingham researched the reading levels of 183 UNC-Chapel Hill athletes who played football or basketball from 2004 to 2012. She found that 60% read between fourth- and eighth-grade levels. Between 8% and 10% read below a third-grade level."http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/us/ncaa-athletes-reading-scores/index.html The article has a link to actual score percentages from many universities for those interested. Like you, IMO I feel that even with academic issues, he could certainly still commit crimes and apparently got away with it for awhile.

The manic behavior could also account for the over-the-top behavior with others in the hours leading up to the encounter with Hannah: injuring a guy, pestering the women, and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay