Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe that this jury is not sequestered. How frickin' stoopid is that? Hello?

jmo

It's better they aren't sequestered, there is way too much down time in this trial.

Also, let's go back to some sequestered juries who found the defendant not guilty b/c they just wanted to leave. OJ, CA.

Kwame Kilpatrick's jury came back earlier this week after sitting thru 6 months of trial testimony, they weren't sequestered, I posted their comments the other day. They took their job very seriously, as I'm sure this jury is as well.

Here are some of the questions and answers:

How tempting was it to glance at a headline? Question from reporter.
11:59
Juror 1--For me personally, it wasn't a big temptation. We had been in this room for a very long time. Everyone here has sacrificed...nobody was going to risk all that we've done.
12:00
Juror 7 indicates she is a social media geek and it was hard for her. She just had to give up social media.
12:03

Juror 6-- "We talked about our job of being the voice of the community and taking that very seriously. These charges were not victimless crimes."
12:12

Did anyone feel bad for them? Question asked to jury.
12:16
Juror 11-- "You feel really bad for the families. I don't feel bad for the defendants because I feel you go into things knowing what you're doing. I feel bad for the families, especially the children. "
12:16

Reporter asks jury to talk about sacrifices...
12:17
"I don't think you have time for that," joked one juror.
12:17
"All of us have sacrificed quite a bit." --Juror 8

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107533"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107533[/ame]

Nurmi and company ARE treating it like an assassin for hire. And they rightly point out that having sex with Travis on the night she planned to kill him is not consistent with a premeditated murder plot that was hatched a week prior. Nurmi stressed this point several times on direct. Juan should have tried to explain why the sex happened that day. My belief is that she had second thoughts or cold feet at one point and allowed herself to be seduced into sex twice. But once she reverted back to her original plan she had to clean up the mistake she made -- the sex, and the shower ruse was born. Having him wash his own body of her DNA and pubic hairs under the ruse of a photo shoot was perfect. Once she was satisfied with the cleaning, she stood up (and accidently snapped two pictures) and went for the murder weapon.

BBM, wait..what :what:

I never enjoyed the Lifetime movies to be honest. I just do not see how a movie based on this trial would be interesting. No twists and turns. Scott Peterson had a secret life, Mark Hacking did too. As far as we know Travis did not. JA is crazy and killed him.

Your forgetting the music and then silence. She admitted to killing him if I was on the jury I would focus on two things A. Premeditation B. Self Defense. that's it.

I am REALLY not trying to sound ungrateful, but I sure wish we could get one from the very beginning.
IS or HLN HAS to have it, and I can't figure out why they won't release it.

This partial video was actually posted on site from a supporter of TA, this one was not Tawndilly. The supporter contacted media to see if they would send her a video and this partial one is all she has received so far. But she is hoping to get a full opening statement one sent soon.

I believe she needed a reason for having the gun, came up with the camping story (which she couldn't keep straight)

I also believe the "panning for gold" was a slam to TA posting about a Gold Digger imo. She is clever but imo not very smart...

The story is way out there..

I agree with everything you wrote.

I had the exact thought about the gold panning BS.

Nurmi and company ARE treating it like an assassin for hire. And they rightly point out that having sex with Travis on the night she planned to kill him is not consistent with a premeditated murder plot that was hatched a week prior. Nurmi stressed this point several times on direct. Juan should have tried to explain why the sex happened that day. My belief is that she had second thoughts or cold feet at one point and allowed herself to be seduced into sex twice. But once she reverted back to her original plan she had to clean up the mistake she made -- the sex, and the shower ruse was born. Having him wash his own body of her DNA and pubic hairs under the ruse of a photo shoot was perfect. Once she was satisfied with the cleaning, she stood up (and accidently snapped two pictures) and went for the murder weapon.

BBM I don't think either of them had pubic hair. Travis manscaped (a friend of his said on her blog he did not like body hair and the crime scene photos show he had none) and from the pics I have seen, JA certainly did not have any. (Wish I could unsee that...I should not have looked.)

Little bot O/T, but to any attorneys here......on 03/13/13 at 11:39am the jurors were individually voir dired. Is that a bad sign???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested HLN on Monday night is going to have a to scale set of Travis's bedroom. Baez is going to bat for the defense and Vinnie will be doing the Prosecution. As much as Baez gets under my skin I think I'll watch.

Yes, I believe she changed her mind at one point on June 4. That's what the sex indicates.

No way. She deliberately did it to get him into a vulnerable position. From the JUMP this was premeditated. If anything the sex is an even greater indicator that she carefully plotted it out.

BBM
"Allowed herself to be seduced?"
IMO, she went to Travis home with two plans.
1. Seduce Travis in a last ditch effort to go to Cancun/sexually manipulate Travis into a relationship with her
2. If plan #1 fails, kill Travis.

Yes, I believe she changed her mind at one point on June 4. That's what the sex indicates.

But you think she was seduced into sex? I think she went there UNINVITED, lured TA into sex (it's one of her favorite weapons) and then killed him.

I have not read the minutes and maybe I need to, but my understanding is that he was first brought into the case as an advisor when she was trying to defend herself and then assigned to take over when she bowed out, at which point he petitioned the court to be released from the case.

The fact that she thought she could successfully represent her own defense speaks volumes about her personality...narcissism for sure, along with sociopathy and a healthy sprinkle of BPD.

BBM I don't think either of them had pubic hair. Travis manscaped (a friend of his said on her blog he did not like body hair and the crime scene photos show he had none) and from the pics I have seen, JA certainly did not have any. (Wish I could unsee that...I should not have looked.)

You're right, but this applies to hairs of any kind. Her hair would have been incriminating if left on a dead body. A sure way to get rid of anything like that would be a showering, though I believe her DNA from her skin cells and saliva were her primary concerns.

I just heard an interesting expert. He said the stab wounds to the back would have not killed Travis, the ones to the front did and of course the throat was a fatal wound. The shot in the head seemed like an after thought.

He has leg hair in one photo. I think Jodi manipulated him into removing his pubic hair. How could Travis have a sexual relationship with another woman and explain his lack of pubic hair? That could be embarrassing and might manipulate him into NOT having sex with another female. In a sense, Jodi "branded" Travis.

You're right, but this applies to hairs of any kind. Her hair would have been incriminating if left on a dead body. A sure way to get rid of anything like that would be a showering, though I believe her DNA from her skin cells and saliva were her primary concerns.

Her hair should have been the least of her worries when you have a big palm print in blood on the wall.

He has leg hair in one photo. I think Jodi manipulated him into removing his pubic hair. How could Travis have a sexual relationship with another woman and explain his lack of pubic hair? That could be embarrassing and might manipulate him into NOT having sex with another female. In a sense, Jodi "branded" Travis.
I'm way past that age group, but I've HEARD it's pretty common for someone of their ages.
She did try her best to claim him in every way, however - she probably wanted him to tattoo I love Jodi on his forehead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee