Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the state will put on a rebuttal case.
Janeen Demarte will be called by the state during rebuttal, her home was burglarized back in Feb and her laptop was stolen.
No published list that I know of.
The state cannot call a defendant to the witness stand, ever.

Laptop belonging to expert witness in Arias trial stolen

Demarte is a clinical psychologist who evaluated Jodi Arias. She is scheduled to be a key rebuttal witness for the prosecution in the case.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21010530/2013/02/06/expert-witness-in-arias-trial-has-home-burglarized

Regarding Janeen Demarte/http://sentiencepsych.com/?page_id=2 http://sentiencepsych.com/
Did she get to do her own evaluation of JA??

Evaluation

A Psychological Evaluation can diagnose a number of emotional, behavioral, or developmental impairments and also highlight psychological and cognitive (thinking) strengths. A thorough evaluation includes a clinical interview where a detailed history of behaviors and social and psychiatric history are collected. In addition to the interview, psychological testing is administered. These factors are assessed to identify the root or source(s) of these challenges and determine the best means of moving forward in treatment. Some examples of general psychological evaluations include:

Personality Assessment: is designed to uncover fundamental elements of an individual’s character and personality. This may be achieved through use of clinical interview and standardized testing inventories.
Intelligence & Cognitive Testing: is conducted by using intelligence and cognitive tests to identify cognitive strengths/weaknesses (e.g., memory ability) and developmental delay.
Capacity Evaluations are commonly recommended for adults in later life, or those who are living with a traumatic brain injury, to assess their ability to live autonomously and make informed decisions that would be in their best interest.
Forensic Evaluations: are used to answer a variety of questions posed by the court. Forensic assessments that are offered include (but are not limited to) Rule 11, Insanity, Sentencing (Mitigation/Aggravation), Personal Injury, Disability, and General Diagnostic evaluations.

I'm not sure which version of the video is making the rounds here but fox showed an extended vversion last night where just before she stands on her head,, she asks LE if she can put some make-up on before being processed. Paraphrasing but she said something like "I know this is going to show you how incredibly shallow i am but can I please put some makeup on before you book me"...

Do you have a link to the extended version?

I think, only think mind you, that Juan's problem is that the defence are going to use some or all of these photos during the rest of Samuels' testimony. Juan is angry that the defence had not told him this in time for him to prepare his rebuttal.

I don't believe they are photos belonging to the defence per se, just that they have not disclosed their use of them in a timely manner. JMO

Makes sense.

I've been reading the court minutes available online and found the one discussing aggravating factors for the death penalty. Basically is says in it that the opinion at that time was that TA was shot then stabbed and since it took all those stab wounds to "achieve her criminal goal" of killing TA the killing wasn't especially "heinous or depraved". This might explain the shot last theory rather than the shot first since I think there are valid arguments on both sides of this issue.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082009/m3846408.pdf

Slitting his throat is heinous--Look up what what Arizona laws state what acts make a murder heinous.

I remember the issue of the gun in a box came out first as a jury question...something about did you take it out of the box or was it in the box.....I heard a talking head on TV that night sat they thought there was an astute juror trying to trip her up because it was testimony just prior to thatbatch of questions that she mentioned holster for the first time...like the juror was asking her a trick question

Let's see...there are 2 stories.
1. She was going on a camping /gold mine trip with a few guys she knew, and trusted...although she would be the only woman, so just for safety.

2. She had written suicide letters and sent them grandma-ma to be opened later. She certainly couldn't kill herself in Yreka. It was to small of a city, and everybody new everybody's business, plus she didn't want to do that to her family. So she rented a car, already had the gun....so she was leaving town to do it BUT darn ~ she was arressted before she could kill herself.

So pick one, anyone you want. Because neither are true in my opinion.
Thanks Dmacky....maybe after murdering TA she developed a taste for it and had others on her hit list.

I thought she was going to answer it wasn't in a box, but a holster, but instead she just went with the box question and whoever the juror was that asked that question may have had a "gotcha" moment

Heck no, Jodi would never allow an insanity defense to be made on her behalf.

I think she's nuts, and that's how she was behaving in the video. She is completely unhinged -- but not in a legally insane way. That was just Jodi being Jodi and not giving a damn how she comes across or having no clue how the rest of the world perceives her.

agree!
I think Dr Lillian Glass totally nailed it - she says
that video shows narcissism & self soothing body language

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

Since the adrenal glands produce "fight or flight" response....Dr. Samuels compared it with war soldiers, Police Officers etc..

He didn't have the balls to include 9/11 victims, which is good thing.

Because i'm far as i'm concerned Jodi does not have PTSD, because she was not physically threatened or hurt as she claims she was by Travis.

The best I can come with it she was in shock and denial (as in death).

I don't believe jealousy over Cancun played a role. I believe extreme anger over what he said to her on May 26th (facebook and text message) is the motive. There was a prior build up and the May 26th exchange was the last straw. Her damaged self-esteem drove her to hatch the murder plot on the May 28th. She wanted to show him what a sociopath was.

JA was very jealous over Travis taking Mimi to Cancun (yeah, I believe he told her, not the "babysitter" bs). When asked about it on the stand she added a qualifier (I read Seamus O'Riley's blog on statement analyis) and that indicates that question was sensitive to her. (example I can give: "Did x bother you?" "No, seriously, really, x didn't bother me.)

I think dying her hair had 2 purposes in JA's mind: he likes brunettes, I'll make myself brunette; and, well, no one will think it's me when I have to kill him. MOO

I thought she was going to answer it wasn't in a box, but a holster, but instead she just went with the box question and whoever the juror was that asked that question may have had a "gotcha" moment

Interesting. I wondered about that too when it happened. I was like, "huh? Where did this box come from," but I just thought I must have missed something. Very astute juror.

That whole text sounded, IMO, like an exerpt from a movie or book. Or not really from Travis.
IIRC, she said she had Travis' number ID'd by the name "Travis Alexander" in her phone.
Visions of Casey Anthony and her "fake" phone number/name switcheroo keeps coming to mind.
I need to go back to see what day it was, but Travis asked her in a text if she had used his phone....she said something about "only when I told you I did".
Just because the text came thru as Travis, how do we know if HE really sent it?

ETA: Found that text...was from Jan, not May....still can show a pattern....no?

Oh I think there's always the possibility that any of the messages could have been Jodi posing as Travis -- however, if she were going to fabricate messages from him, I'd be more inclined to believe she'd fabricate the ones telling her how beautiful she is and how much he wants her, etc.

I think Travis really sent those harsh text messages - I think he had really had enough of her and his life was falling to pieces because of her and he was desperate.

At least Casey Anthony was a decent liar. Jodi just isn't any good at it. I guess after years of getting away with it, she thought she was good, but she never faced a pit bull like Martinez.

What always struck me about CA was just how tenacious she was - lying all the way down the hallway with detectives following her. :what:

I am really curious about what Jodi was doing for the 2 weeks prior to her arrest. Who was she seeing, where was she going, who she talked to, how she was acting? I wonder if LE was watching her in Yreka during that time. I know she went to the memorial, but I just wonder what else she was doing during that time.

I have been dying to know this too. Several times I have kind of played it through in my mind what she might have been doing, but I cannot even come up with a scenario because it is unfathomable to me that she could have done ANYTHING at all, having just murdered her "beloved" and not knowing when she would get word that he had been found.

The camping story was at the beginning of trial when JA was talking about going camping with her family back at the time when she had an "idyllic childhood". Back before Mommy put that big, bad wooden spoon in her purse:rolleyes:

I know I'm probably going to catch heck for saying this, but honestly that one moment when Jodi said her mom started carrying the wooden spoon in her purse was the ONE authentic show of emotion from her throughout this whole process. To me, she looked genuinely hurt by that and even by the retelling -- I have not seen that emotion in her before or since.

I have been dying to know this too. Several times I have kind of played it through in my mind what she might have been doing, but I cannot even come up with a scenario because it is unfathomable to me that she could have done ANYTHING at all, having just murdered her "beloved" and not knowing when she would get word that he had been found.

Don't you know it must have been torture, knowing that there was about to be this diabolical explosion in the lives of everyone around him, but having to just sit on her hands all that time. I'm sure she never imagined it would take that long for his body to be discovered.

I agree. Just like she added the gun holster story. I mean it came from out of no where. She was questioned about the gun on direct-Made no mention of holster. Questioned on cross- no holster after Juror questions Again questioned by nurmi- no holster, Jm- gun had holster,box, ammo, saw him load it, took it with him somewhere etc..I mean you could literally see her fabricating right on the spot.
She simply cannot help herself. I wondered at first why Juan didn't get the Judge to admonish her for not answering yes or no to questions but I see why now. The more she talks, she lies and adds facts that can be ripped apart with evidence.
Just like the gas can story we have now, she was adamant about not going to SLC and filling up with 3 cans. She even added that she returned the gas cans and got a cash refund and then BAM JM tells us that walmart doesn't have a record of ANY gas cans returned. Now the jury knows she lied to them. They might of excused her lies to other but now they know she lied to them, it's personal now and they wont like it. Now walmart will be in the rebuttal and she's going down faster than she drops her pants for men.

The ever-changing, evolving gun story:

1. I found the gun when I was cleaning in the fall of 2007

2. Travis told me the gun was unloaded

3. On June 4 I jumped up on the shelf and grabbed the gun

4. I stepped on one shelf to retrieve the gun but did not use either of my hands

5. I stepped on the edge of one shelf and used my right hand on one shelf and grabbed the gun with my left hand

6. The gun was in a holster on June 4

7. The gun might have been in a box on June 4

8. I held the gun with both hands and pointed it at Travis to make him stop (even though I thought it was unloaded) <----this means she could not have been holding the knife while holding the gun which means she had to go get the knife which means premeditation

9. Travis told me the gun was unloaded and he told me it was loaded

10. Travis loaded the gun and took it somewhere

11. The only 3 times I've seen the gun were when I was cleaning and another time when I was cleaning and on June 4

12. My memory does't "begin to end" until after the shooting, but I can't remember if the gun was in a holster or in a box

13. I fired the gun without disengaging the safety, pulling the hammer or activating the slide - it just "went off" without my finger being on the trigger

14. I bought a more powerful, more reliable gun immediately after shooting Travis with an ineffective .25 auto --I bought it to commit suicide, I bought it because I wanted to become a responsible gun owner, and I bought it because I was going gold digging with a bunch of drunk guys I didn't know

This is not a believable account in any way. Nothing about the gun story holds together even a little bit.

Don't you know it must have been torture, knowing that there was about to be this diabolical explosion in the lives of everyone around him, but having to just sit on her hands all that time. I'm sure she never imagined it would take that long for his body to be discovered.

I literally cannot even imagine what that would be like or how anyone could possibly carry on with daily life while waiting for that explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj