Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true! IIRC, she said she was "in over her head", or something along those lines. Then the other lawyers came on board.

Isn't is true that because Jodi initially acted as her own lawyer she had access to a multitude of reports, books and literature that the average prisoner doesn't.

When you hold a gun as small as a 25 auto it is quite common for a person to grip the gun to high which when fired the slider goes back and a new shell is chamberd.
If you are not holding the gun just right the slider as it goes back rubs against your hand slowing the slider down and thats one of the main reasons the gun will jam and thats probably why she couldn't fire a second time.

If you google for a picture of a 25 semi auto handgun you will see just how small these guns are (look like a toy gun) like her grandfather said to the police ivestigating the robbery of a 25 auto from their home.

She probably was going to kill him with the gun but it jammed and she had to use the knife after that.

... or, the knife she brought was the weapon of choice - the gun, just in case she was interrupted by a room mate. Bye bye room mate.

Decided the shot to the head was called for because death sounds from slit throat rattled her.

Just one possible scenario. I don't believe a word she says, so that leaves several scenarios open.

:moo:

So sorry to be asking but I have only had time to pop in here and there since yesterday. What time is Court Monday? TIA
Hi Bravo,
It was supposed to start at 10:30, but now they are having the hearing about Samuel's testimony at 10:15, so there's no way it will start on time. It does sound like the hearing will be live streamed as well, though.

I haven't seen any mention about the hearing that was to take place yesterday and I believe I heard it was moved until Monday. Is this the case? If so, why was it postponed? if it is taken care of quickly will the jury be brought in to continue testimony they witness?

TIA

Postponed due to a personal emergency for one of the attorneys, I think a family death? As far as how long it will take, who knows?

I haven't seen any mention about the hearing that was to take place yesterday and I believe I heard it was moved until Monday. Is this the case? If so, why was it postponed? if it is taken care of quickly will the jury be brought in to continue testimony they witness?

TIA

I saw where one of attorneys had a death in the family. Didn't say which one.

Regardless of whether the gun jammed, I think the knife attack had to come first. What was the point of orchestrating that ridiculous photo shoot if not to get him in a defenseless (seated) position and cornered on three sides by the shower, with her blocking the only route of flight?

She could have cornered him with a gun as well.

image.jpg

The wooden spoon i will be using later today boiling crawfish!

When you hold a gun as small as a 25 auto it is quite common for a person to grip the gun to high which when fired the slider goes back and a new shell is chamberd.
If you are not holding the gun just right the slider as it goes back rubs against your hand slowing the slider down and thats one of the main reasons the gun will jam and thats probably why she couldn't fire a second time.

If you google for a picture of a 25 semi auto handgun you will see just how small these guns are (look like a toy gun) like her grandfather said to the police ivestigating the robbery of a 25 auto from their home.

She probably was going to kill him with the gun but it jammed and she had to use the knife after that.

Good morning!

I think she planned to kill with the gun, too. Like you said, it jammed and no second shot. Maybe she even wanted it to look like a suicide in the shower. Then she could really present her sad, ex-girlfriend act.

Once she realized it didn't work, I can even imagine her saying something like "Oh, no - you ARE going to die!" She got the knife and kept going. Maybe why it was so quick and frenzied. She was going to make sure he died, and was in a little bit of a panic. But, no matter what, she premeditated his death.

So sad.

She could have cornered him with a gun as well.

She could have but wouldn't have needed to. If she wanted to shoot him she'd have just put the gun to his head while he slept.

Getting caught up this morning, and knowing the EXCELLENT sleuthers here...yall have probably noticed this!

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/01/03/jodi-arias-evidence-photos-nancy-grace-mysteries-day-4

Sorry, adding the slide numbers: 166-168.

The blood smears and drips in the shower are 62 and 64 inches from the bottom of the shower? This does NOT line up with JAs version of events, eh?
HER versions says he wasn't in the shower when she shot him, and I seriously doubt he could have been that far upright when in her "fog" she stuffed him back in there.
Is there a link to these two pictures in question? i really hate seeing the face photo of travis before the attack and the death ones. It hurts too much. I'm in the stab first group, I just want to see if this changes my thoughts.

This goes out with respect to KPinMN who is working with Restorative Justice.

I will tell you it would be an absolute blessing and welcomed event should my sister's killers offer me a conversation of sincere remorse and asking for forgiveness. I would trade the death penalty for that kind of healing opportunity with the promise they stop appealing and leave us alone and let us all live with the consequences. It would be a great unburdening of my heart.

As A Course In Miracles says "the holiest place on Earth is where an ancient hatred becomes a present love". I would sincerely welcome that opportunity for my own release with my heart open wide.

The problem as you say is that will never happen with a sociopath. So we are left with negotiating the world of evil and those who champion that evil in the form of decades of worthless appeals trying to put society at MORE risk.

I envy those families who can participate in Restorative Justice. I have seen documentaries on it and those healing moments bring tears to my eyes now just writing about it. A sincere apology goes a long way and ripples out beyond itself.

I applaud what you are doing and also your discernment on where to effectively place your time and energy. It's a miraculous endeavor you are treading with.

The old wooden spoon was a trend with parents back then, it replaced more traditional 'belt whoopin's'. Big deal. We all got spanked or smacked with a spoon from time to time, right? I didn't know many kids who didn't (knew a few that could have used one...;) ) I certainly was not abused nor traumatized.. and neither was Jodi. Hogwash.

Exactly!

Didn't Samuels specialize in transgender treatment at one time? About a week ago someone speculated that Jodi might be a hermophridite. At the least, it appears she might have more testosterone than the average female. Also, this may account for TA's emails about disclosing Jodi's secret.

Her parent's would know if Jodi would be a hermaphrodite because she would be this way at birth. The parents would most likely have to make a decision to have surgery to make a full female or change into a full male. Of course it would be easier to make her full female would easier.

In the full nude pictures, w/o censor, there is no indication of that major surgery to remove the penis.

I believe Jodi's secret could be "anything" especially in the illegal realm considering she doesn't mind killing Travis. JMHO

To get back to the actual murder, not AFTER, as he has been, will Samuels go through the "wooden spoon" and Travis' alleged abuse, or will he leave that for La Violette?

Samuel's testimony hasn't helped her so far as the murder, and if Juan gets the crime scene analysis out, what else will he have to testify to?

Her parent's would know if Jodi would be a hermaphrodite because she would be this way at birth. The parents would most likely have to make a decision to have surgery to make a full female or change into a full male. Of course it would be easier to make her full female would easier.

In the full nude pictures, w/o censor, there is no indication of that major surgery to remove the penis.

I don't think she is a hermaphrodite either. The only thing that gave me pause is her proclivity for anal sex because, as I understand from my gay male friends who are "bottoms," anal sex is intensely pleasurable due to stimulation of the prostate. But with Jodi I think anal is just how she rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty