Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #22 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well hells bells -

I just got moved up front..... I cant watch the trial this afternoon.

Im going to stomp around pouting all day. :(

Ill need you guys to get me through today PLEASE!!!! Of all days! boooo

Wish I could move up front for ya Snoopy1 because after yesterday I can't stand to listen to her. What she calls abuse and HokayNurmi calls beatings just annoy the hell out of me.

I am sure all of the children I've worked with, many who have suffered physical and sexual abuse or just plain old neglect would trade childhoods with her. After school art classes, music lessons, camping....nah they are lucky to get fed or escape further abuse. SMH

I was just thinking about this...she really doesn't have any girlfriends. Normally when you have a "heartbreak"--you go chat with them--with her its ex-boyfriends or friends of boyfriends...not girls......goes with that theory I guess that she works better with men then women?

According to a former co-worker of Jodi's, she did not have female friends because they would be jealous of how "pretty" she is. :floorlaugh:

I agree. 54 y/o here and I remember having to go out to a bush and pick a switch. OUch! I did spank my kids, and I was racking my brain yesterday thinking that I MIGHT have used a wooden spoon a time or two. My mom used a fly swatter as well! When I misbehaved at the grocery store I remember her leaning close and saying “just wait until I get you home”....that always struck terror in my heart, because she never forgot! I, on the other hand, was not a strong disciplinarian with my kids. I used to carry a thin belt with me and lay it on the seat of the grocery cart. I would snap it to make a noise, but rarely used it. In fact, I could probably count on both hands the number of times I actually spanked my kids. And my daughter, now 24 says that she and her brother used to “act” like it hurt, but then they would go upstairs and laugh.

Child abuse? I hardly think so. Of course, times have changed, and if you were to do that in this day and time you most likely would be reported to DFS or have 911 called on you.

ETA: I have never felt the need to kill someone, simply because I got spanked while growing up. Neither have my kids.

I think the general belief at DCF now is to use the hand. If it hurts you it's too severe and you need to lighten up. With an object, such as a switch, paddle, etc. some people get carried away with their anger so the hand on the butt let's you know you are under control. And usually one swat is enough to hurt their feelings which makes more of an impression than any actual pain. jmo

One reason this trial is so interesting to me is I work with families raising kids who are at high risk for things like this. No empathy, no conscience. We often see cruelty to animals, abuse of siblings (beyond normal), lying (even for no reason). I work with families to intervene and get help before the child gets older, when it is much harder. Jodi's affect and lying and history are all extremely interesting to me because the things she does are very, very familiar, especially the HUGE rage (out of nowhere) and over reaction to any perceived abandonment.

I just thought it was interesting to not hear the reason why she was held back. I thought it was an odd thing to mention and then just skip on by the details and then go into specific details about other mundane things.

she probably doesn't recall or care about why she was held back...it is more common for BOYS to be retained at K level than girls so I'd like to know what the reasons were myself...

Rewatching yesterday and seeing so many set ups. For instance in the last few minutes, the atty took her back to point out when she left bobby, she went to friends house to confront about emails, but atty reminded her didnt you pack up your car first? This is going to come up later that the reason all her clothes were gone after she killed travis is that her car was already packed.

Today I am clearly seeing why things are being said with her is to set up for later....e.g. my dad pushed me into furniture, bobby grab me annd spun me atound etc. Etc.

It was my impression he kept re rounding her to prior dates/ages/relationships/inane topics because he wanted to leave the jury for the night on associating her with anything BUT this horrible crime she committed. Once they start hearing about Travis and her lies, admitted and current, and her VIOLENCE all bets are off. This was his one shot in the entire trial to try and humanize her. He was stalling.

Wish I could move up front for ya Snoopy1 because after yesterday I can't stand to listen to her. What she calls abuse and HokayNurmi calls beatings just annoy the hell out of me.

I am sure all of the children I've worked with, many who have suffered physical and sexual abuse or just plain old neglect would trade childhoods with her. After school art classes, music lessons, camping....nah they are lucky to get fed or escape further abuse. SMH

How true this is. There are some real horror stories out there. jmo

I forgot about the Sleeping Beauty series. My bad. Apologies over umm coffee umm and umm croissants? Side ponytails not allowed.

One reason this trial is so interesting to me is I work with families raising kids who are at high risk for things like this. No empathy, no conscience. We often see cruelty to animals, abuse of siblings (beyond normal), lying (even for no reason). I work with families to intervene and get help before the child gets older, when it is much harder. Jodi's affect and lying and history are all extremely interesting to me because the things she does are very, very familiar, especially the HUGE rage (out of nowhere) and over reaction to any perceived abandonment.

Are you a Guardian Ad Litem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we wait for today's testimony to begin, I'm wondering what my fellow 'sleuthers think about the second-chair attorney examining Jodi instead of her lead (female) counsel? Seems to me that this is going to be key testimony in Jodi's defense, and I'm not enamored with this attorney and how he's allowing her to ramble on relentlessly. If I were on the jury, I would have a difficult time staying awake. :moo:

Speaking only for myself, I occasionally find the female defense counsel a bit strident, her voice a touch grating. Didn't say I don't like her, I'm simply addressing the staging involved in a courtroom. She comes off as brittle from time to time.

Maybe they want to give the impression of a big, bear-like man gently protecting this fragile flower. Especially if they're expecting an attack from the State. Nice visual contrast.

This guy may be snooze worthy, but if they're attempting to lull the jury, he's the guy.

It's theatre.

I forgot about the Sleeping Beauty series. My bad. Apologies over umm coffee umm and umm croissants? Side ponytails not allowed.

LOL, I remember blushing when I read that book. I was like, wow..the action is already starting? I was on page two.

TallyHo, the post is from WS member Anita Richman, retrieved from thread #21

not sure if the link will still work, but i will look for it if it doesn't..

EDIT: nope, link doesn't work.. brb.

Anita Richman needs to send that to Juan Martinez.

she probably doesn't recall or care about why she was held back...it is more common for BOYS to be retained at K level than girls so I'd like to know what the reasons were myself...

It could have been something as simple as she was not mature enough compared with her classmates and struggled. jmo

Rewatching yesterday and seeing so many set ups. For instance in the last few minutes, the atty took her back to point out when she left bobby, she went to friends house to confront about emails, but atty reminded her didnt you pack up your car first? This is going to come up later that the reason all her clothes were gone after she killed travis is that her car was already packed.

Today I am clearly seeing why things are being said with her is to set up for later....e.g. my dad pushed me into furniture, bobby grab me annd spun me atound etc. Etc.

When she said "spun me around" i suddenly recalled that exact phrase used in opening - Travis spun her around in his office, blah, blah, blah. Her stories are a bunch of recycled garbage!

Are you a Guardian Ad Litem?

Actually, I am an attorney who represents families who have adopted children with severe reactive attachment disorder, as well as other issues. I used to do intellectual property law, but switched after I adopted my fourth child who had moderate to severe reactive attachment disorder. It has become my passion after what we have gone through trying to help my daughter develop empathy and conscience and compassion.

I do serve as Guardian Ad Litem also. After my daughter's experience, it is so important to me that children get voice. So often, we ignore what happens early on and sometimes abuse 0-3, even neglect, can have more influence on later functioning than anything else.

Hopefully JA picks up on that today and kicks it up a notch! I want some full-fledged CRAZY from that girl! I'm falling super behind at the office and don't want it to be for nothing! LOL

You are too funny! I'm just hoping I get to see some Martinez cross tomorrow. I think it will be the Jodi Show all week. There aren't many hours in a court day and she can fill them all up with her lengthy descriptions of ice cream and roller coasters.

She does not appear to form any attachments. If you look at children who do not form attachment, they grow up without conscience and empathy. If you look at her history, every relationship comes with a place to live or some purpose. There is no relationship just for the relationship's sake.

Very simply put, she is a user. It's all about Jodi. :moo:

I also think her rage is only triggered by abandonment - or perceived abandonment. In my experience, any perceived slight, such as taking another girl on the trip, is huge. Because of the extreme reaction to abandonment, she likely does believe it was self defense. He was obviously leaving her and, to her, that was sufficient to evoke self defense, probably more than anything physical could ever do. I would like to know her real history. That's why she is not easily phased on the stand. She does not have an "anger problem," so to speak, she has an extreme reaction to perceived abandonment.

Just my experience working with these issues.

I agree. She seems to under react to actual physical threats and way way over react to emotional abandonment.

Has anyone else thought that deal with the t-shirt and boyshorts is like Diane Downs and the chain that made her Lew's? The one she went back to AZ because to her "he" was the only one who could take it off? That was a long trip from Oregon to Az wasn't it?

I wonder if Jodi heard about Alan Blackthone? He wanted his ex wife Shelia Bellash murdered, and asked his golf partner to find one for him, so he did, and that person contracted it out to twenty year old Joey Del Toro, who drove all the way from San Antonio Tx. to Florida and killed her in front of her four two years olds (quads) leaving them all alone all day with the dead mother. He used a gun and knife. The gun first then the knife.

Actually, I am an attorney who represents families who have adopted children with severe reactive attachment disorder, as well as other issues. I used to do intellectual property law, but switched after I adopted my fourth child who had moderate to severe reactive attachment disorder. It has become my passion after what we have gone through trying to help my daughter develop empathy and conscience and compassion.

I do serve as Guardian Ad Litem also. After my daughter's experience, it is so important to me that children get voice. So often, we ignore what happens early on and sometimes abuse 0-3, even neglect, can have more influence on later functioning than anything else.

Very nobel work my friend, the world needs more people like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member