Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Dating", "exclusive", "committed" -- I agree nothing really fits very well because they were none of these things IMO. They were friends who occasionally had sex.

I think they're calling that 'friends with benefits' these days.

What did he lie to Sky about?
He apparently showed her "confession letters" allegedly written by Travis which stated he (TA) was a pedophile. Nurmi told Sky the letters were confirmed by an expert to be written by Travis.

Casey is a much more impressive psychopath IMO. Jodi is a rather boring psycho.
Yeah, but Casey didn't stalk and objectively may have been more humane in her method of killing Caylee, in that she most likely chloformed her before she put the duct tape across her mouth, so hopefully Caylee was unconscious when she died, unaware that she was being suffocated, which seems far less painful than being stabbed 27 times, having your throat slit, and shot.

She would like us all to think she was used when in fact Darryl had outlived his usefulness and she was moving on to bigger and better things. She put out the bait and TA took it. It's the oldest trick in the book. Eve to Adam, "Oh, come on Honey, just one bite." Please, history always repeats itself over and over again. She is what she is.

Travis told the truth in his email to her. She did not respect his boundries. I think that pretty much spells it out to us.

Do you know where I can read that email? TIA :seeya:

Anyone watching HLN about the ex-cop who shot up other police officers this morning? :notgood:

Does anyone know why JA's father is never at trial? Are they estranged?

My wife ( an attorney) and I have had several discussions regarding the relative “evil” to be found within Jodi Arias vs Casey Anthony.
The question reads “who is the most reprehensible and evil – JA or CA? and why so?
My wife effectively argued that JA decidedly is more “blameworthy” and “evil”. I will summarize her arguments later.
Granted that both are sociopaths, both are elegant liars, both committed serious crimes (CA verdict notwithstanding) and – ceteris paribus ie all things being equal – both would ordinarily be facing a death sentence.

I vote Casey Anthony, her victim was a helpless child.

Was that before or after she said she felt like used toilet paper??? Does she have a restroom fetish?!?!?!?

I really thought that she had said 'I felt like I could use some toilet paper'. It wasn't till I seen it on NG last night that I realized I heard it wrong:blushing:

I hope JM skips right over everything JA said until she starts talking about when she very first met Travis, except for the man she was living with when she met Travis, just to show Travis was not the first time she had anal and oral sex with.

Right! I don't know how many lies Jodi needs to be caught in before the jury gets it. They may already have gotten it and are discounting the majority of what JA's says. I will continue to watch/listen to Jodi because I am hoping that with every new piled on story the prosecutor's job in cross will be that much easier.

What word do you suggest? "Partner" can be confusing and I can't think of anything else that really fits.

I agree that any terminology would be confusing if the circumstance of the relationship were not fully known. i.e. living together or apart. Given the age group of the victim and defendant, I think 'partner' for singular, and 'couple' for plural would be the more likely usage. No?

In this case though, I don't think they were any of the above. The relationship appears to me to have been purely physical, each with their own agenda. jmho

Does anyone know why JA's father is never at trial? Are they estranged?

I've heard both that he hasn't spoken to her since her arrest and also that he has cancer and can't travel (due to treatment). Neither comment has been verified, as far as I know.

Yeah, but Casey didn't stalk and objectively may have been more humane in her method of killing Caylee, in that she most likely chloformed her before she put the duct tape across her mouth, so hopefully Caylee was unconscious when she died, unaware that she was being suffocated, which seems far less painless than being stabbed 27 times, having your throat slit, and shot.

True. Jodi murdered Travis out of unbridled rage and was far more brutal. But Caylee would have been very easy to kill because she was so small and helpless and would have trusted her own mother. Murdering your own 2 year old child because she's inconvenient? That epitomizes evil to me.

I really don't think he's trying particularly hard to paint Jodi in a sympathetic light. Why would he bring out all the testimony about her prior stalking behaviors?

IMO, he's getting the prior behavior out there before Martinez can. 1st!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to know what Juan Martinez' background is for murder cases. Is there any way to search to find out how many murder cases he has been prosecutor for that ended in guilty verdicts? Has he successfully prosecuted any defendants that received the death penalty?

That could also be predictive of how long his cross examination will go-- as in, one day, or more than one day.

She's wears a stunbelt in court at all times. If she goes nuts, it can be activated by remote control. From Nancy Grace:

"C.W., she is wearing a stun belt in court. How does that work?

C.W. JENSEN, RETIRED PORTLAND POLICE CAPTAIN: Well, what they do is - - I mean, obviously, they have some concern about her mental stability, so they want to have a device on her so if she nuts up on him, you know, they don`t have to have a couple of cops run up and like, you know -- you know, hit her with a stun gun and choke her out or anything like that. So it`d be very easy if she gets crazy on the stand. They just have to hit the button, boom, she goes down, and it`s very nice and clean, and you don`t have to have a big deal."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/05/ng.01.html

RBBM:

:eek: Wow ... Thank You, Carol2 ... this is interesting : concerns about her "mental stability" ...

I canNOT wait to hear the Prosecutor's psyche expert ...

:waitasec: Anyone thinks we will get to see HOW this stun gun belt works LIVE from the courtroom next week ?

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member