Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #26 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare these two photos for perspective, its the same "pose"...

30muzdl.png

attachment.php

Thank you so much for this - it helped me finally see it! Makes you wonder how in the world this picture was taken when she was dragging him....:waitasec:

Just curious if the liberal local media has a different take?

Um, we're in Arizona. There is no such thing as a "liberal" anything here! :floorlaugh:

Edited to add: OH, you were talking to Karmady. I have no idea where that poster is from, I apologize. I didn't mean to speak for them. However, just to make clear for you, there is NO "liberal media" in AZ. ;)

Very. Part of their religious obligation is to gain converts through proselytizing. In my experience, they are not rude or pushy or in your face like some others though.

Very possible Jodi interpreted this as Travis wanting to be her boyfriend -- from Jodi's past, changing religion is a display of loyalty to a boyfriend. Good insight.
BBM

I tend to think she's a psychopath who morphed into whatever she thought a guy wanted her to be, until she was done using him. She lived with a man for 4 years, fgs, then dropped him like a hot rock when she saw Travis. She's a parasite.

IMO, of course

human, I thought I heard DB say he had lost his job for a time, and ended up getting the house in Palm Desert foreclosed.

Since JA had by then been introduced to the PPL world, he probably was not looking like such a great catch. She also probably was not interested in moving back to Monterey, which is what DB wanted at that point.

At least if I am remembering the chronology correctly.

DB had pretty minor ambitions, I bet in Jodi's mind. And he not really her ultimate sugar daddy, as she was supposed to be paying half the bills.

When Travis and PPL crew came along, seems like she saw greener grass and ditched him without looking back.

Jumping off your post:

Some people are very passive in their efforts to extract themselves from a relationship. Don't know it this fits DB but:

Perhaps DB intentionally made himself unattractive (no job, struggling financially) to JA to help her out of his life???

Whatever the case, DB is fortunate that JA didn't obsess/stalk/murder him.

I think now that jodi was supposed to be gone when she showed up in the shower snapping pictures and holding a gun on Travis...maybe she did drop the camera and maybe Travis did try to lunge at her for the gun...the look on his face in the shower photo is haunting...I think she wouldn't leave and he tried all day to appease her, even though he was greedily getting sex out of the deal...

i think he finally thought he had her out the door and she came back.

She's wears a stunbelt in court at all times. If she goes nuts, it can be activated by remote control. From Nancy Grace:

"C.W., she is wearing a stun belt in court. How does that work?

C.W. JENSEN, RETIRED PORTLAND POLICE CAPTAIN: Well, what they do is - - I mean, obviously, they have some concern about her mental stability, so they want to have a device on her so if she nuts up on him, you know, they don`t have to have a couple of cops run up and like, you know -- you know, hit her with a stun gun and choke her out or anything like that. So it`d be very easy if she gets crazy on the stand. They just have to hit the button, boom, she goes down, and it`s very nice and clean, and you don`t have to have a big deal."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/05/ng.01.html

So kinda OT: Anyone have videos or just stories of a defendant going psycho on the stand?

he cannot speak for himself

in my mind that does not make him a hypocrite..

:twocents:

Quoting the dictionary here. He literally was, portraying himself to his colleagues one way yet living in a contradictory lifestyle. I don't think it's unfair to use that word to describe him.

Definition of HYPOCRITE

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Okay, still catching up watching her testimony. I gotta say though, in a handful of years from now, when my son is ready to start dating, I'm going to have him watch this. Hopefully the cautionary tale will keep him away from murderous sociopaths.

Um, we're in Arizona. There is no such thing as a "liberal" anything here! :floorlaugh:

I detected a hint of disdain from that poster towards the "conservative" viewpoint, which is why I wondered if there was something to compare it to.

The words "conservative media" just do not usually go together, but Arizona's a bit different ;)

Are you sure this is the same guy? Nobody here had ever heard of him before.

How many bald-headed dudes did she go out with a couple of times... but kept in contact with?

I may be wrong... but he sure talked and looked the same.

I believe it was Janes' show.

Jumping off your post:

Some people are very passive in their efforts to extract themselves from a relationship. Don't know it this fits DB but:

Perhaps DB intentionally made himself unattractive (no job, struggling financially) to JA to help her out of his life???

Whatever the case, DB is fortunate that JA didn't obsess/stalk/murder him.

I don't necessarily think so. From his testimony and demeanor, it seems like DB was leaving a door open for her to walk through again, should Miss Arias go free. :moo: And, imo, she was letting him know she'd be coming through that door when she testified that she "could see herself spending the rest of her life with him".

A hypocrite pretends to have virtues, ethics, morals or spiritual beliefs.

Someone who is grappling is not pretending, there is a genuine fight going on in the person who is at odds with their beliefs and current predicament. A hypocrite is a scam artist who faces no moral struggle.
I see. Well. Perhaps I used the wrong word, and I am deeply sorry for that.

Song line was right. The fact that this motion was denied does not mean lawyers can't withdraw.

However, once trial begins, they cannot withdraw.

Gitana, thanks for stepping in. I am still confused. I pulled the wrong document earlier. I have the correct
one linked below.
It appears to me that Nurmi tried every way he could to withdraw from this case. Quoting from the proper set of minutes:

The Court declines to allow Mr. Nurmi to withdraw
from his representation of the Defendant in this matter, or to allow Mr. Peterson
to substitute as counsel. Once counsel is appointed to a case, he “shall
continue to represent [his client] in all further proceedings in the trial court,
. . . unless the court permits him . . . to withdraw.” Rule 6.3(b), Ariz.R.Crim.P.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/032011/m4631558.pdf

BBM

I tend to think she's a psychopath who morphed into whatever she thought a guy wanted her to be, until she was done using him. She lived with a man for 4 years, fgs, then dropped him like a hot rock when she saw Travis. She's a parasite.

IMO, of course

I agree with that, but don't you also think she continually misinterpreted other people's intentions and such? By that I mean, she had her own Jodi-centric way of viewing the world, wherein everything aligned according to her beliefs, preferences and feelings of entitlement.

Boob job came first. Didn't pay her mortgage or contribute to household bills....but bought *advertiser censored*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I resent my bills every month because they are coming between me and my lovely, perky noonies that are just waiting for me......one day. After I pay for college and am in the nursing home, maybe, lol!

ugh worse thoughts even..what if she was pulling him by his hair?
his head seems like it's lifted forward on its own.. if he was already dead, wouldn't it flop back? (sorry so graphic :( )

I think her leg is in that position while dragging him to actually hold his head up. If you were dragging anyone for an "innocent' reason, in my opinion you would be behind them.

I understand all this BS about JA being abused by everyone (according to JA) including Travis (according to JA) but were is the proof Travis abused JA on the day she murdered him?????????

Quoting the dictionary here. He literally was, portraying himself to his colleagues one way yet living in a contradictory lifestyle. I don't think it's unfair to use that word to describe him.

Definition of HYPOCRITE

1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

This definition also applies to the defendant, 10 fold. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics