Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #28 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why frustrating? Everyone has their own opinions. I'm wavering back and forth myself on the held hostage in the shower...right now I'm still sticking with she surprised him with the knife thrust into his heart.. Few more frontal stabs to hands and chest as he tried to escape the shower. Stumbled to sink... Coughed tried to flee by crawling down that hallway....she's stabbing the back of him. He receives cuts to the back of his hands trying to protect his head...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you genuinely don't know what I mean, I'm not really inclined to try and explain it at the moment and stir up more chit. I think it's a legitimate point to say it's unlikely that travis was a "hostage." Your post goes to that issue, NONE of the other responses do, imo.

So you think he was surprised in a non-prone position where he could have tried to defend himself (by taking Jodi out) but didn't? Because that was my point. I think he was seated and couldn't try to take her out, otherwise he would have.

By all means, tell me of a real life situation you know of where a healthy young man let a small woman armed with a .25 and/or a knife hold him hostage, force him into the shower naked and killed him -- or anything even remotely similar. That's what I was asking for. Similar examples.

Well, here is a very small girl who knows karate fighting a real fight with a much larger, trained male who was ready for the fight:

KARATE GIRL VS STREETFIGHTER (real fight) - YouTube

If she also had a gun and a butcher knife, I bet he'd do what she wanted. And he's very trained himself.

We know that JA studied karate for years, and she was armed. We know Travis was stuck in the slippery shower with no weapon handy. We know he was within 2-3 inches of her height, and we haven't heard that he ever studied fighting skills. She did, and she hung out with guys who did who also taught her moves with swords.

handalexanders.jpg

autops10.jpg

Watch the real fight video on youtube. Gender doesn't mean that girls have to be less trained or experienced than men. Nowadays there are a whole lot of guys who have never been in a fight and a whole lot of girls who have.

Oh, most definitely, I would. I some guy broke into my house carrying a .25 I would DEFINITELY have a run at him. If he was carrying a shot-gun or a 9mm, not so much.

Well call me a sissy cause any gun pointed at me...is a huge problem and makes the holder of the gun boss. IMO

BBM

Would you give a toss whether or not it was a .25 or a big azz shotgun if some crazy SOB is threatening to but a bullet in you? I wouldn't. I doubt Travis was calmly thinking about the gun being a .25

IMO

I know this wasn't asked of me but I figured I'd answer. HELL-o NO it wouldn't matter. I'm pretty sure my concern for myself and for my big burly man would be the bullet.

This whole conversation reminds me of the woman who testified in front of the Senate's hearing on Gun Violence a few weeks ago (I promise I'm not inciting a convo on gun debate!). Her whole mission was to defend "big scary guns" because that's what women need and I will quote the Washington Post:

Trotter told the tale of an Oklahoma woman who used her shotgun to ward off two intruders, and asserted that having a “scary looking gun,” i.e., an assault weapon, would give women “peace of mind” and “courage” when “facing three, four, five violent attackers.”

Just guessing but Travis viewed the .25 as a scary looking gun if he was still conscience and/or alive after the 29 stab wounds. I'm with you, in this case size DOES NOT matter.

With all due respect, that just isn't true. I can tell you first hand that different people react differently in situations. Some people are able to run away while others are frozen with fear. You, personally, can doubt it. However, having worked in law enforcement for many years, it just isn't always (or even most of the time) case.

I think you have misunderstood me then. I am not trying to come up with scenarios that make Jodi the most guilty or evil, and I think it's entirely possible that Jodi attacked him for the first time while he was in the shower. That's my prevailing theory and a very likely scenario.

On the other hand, I think it's also possible that the attack began hours sooner and what looks like consensual sexual activity might not have been consensual at all because Jodi had a gun, and she's a crazy stalker who has shown that she is capable of extreme violence that one would not normally associate with a female.

Travis had a reason to tell his friend about not showing up one morning. Jodi had to done something for Travis to feel that way, other than slashed tires. That's more than you'll be hearing about my sins soon. Jodi did or said something to him.

Doubt it. Go look at a pic of a .25 of you don't already know what one looks like. It's like a toy and practically is. If it's not held directly to your temple or the base of your skull (which it wasn't in this case) it probably won't kill you and is most definitely worth the chance of trying to knock it out of the perps hands.

Have you actually seen a .25? I haven't, my Dad no longer has his but I was looking at the bullets for it. They are good sized bullets so the gun cannot be so tiny as a toy. jmo

It doesn't matter what size a gun is. People have frozen over Derringers. It's simple. People react differently to situations, especially when they are in vulnerable positions and when having something happen to them for the first time that they never would have thought would happen. I can guarantee everyone here that if each of us was facing a person holding a gun on us, we would each react differently. Some of us might run screaming from the room, past the assailant, thinking that if we get hurt doing so, that it's a chance we take. Others freeze. It is not a difficult thing to decipher. It is human nature.

I dont know if she said anything to LE or not. I haven't viewed all of the tapes. Anyone?

Her "confession" came in the form of her DT offering a SD plea, so probably just JA and her team know - or maybe just JA, but I'm so mad at her DT that I really want to include them in this.

You're ignoring my point entirely. No worries, I'm getting used to it ;)

And you are ignoring everyone elses.

I've worked with guns. I am telling you as an absolute fact that ANY gun can kill a person and it doesn't have to hit them in the head. This is a fact that you may not like, but it still is a fact.

As far as the "hostage" part, I find an argument about that about as ridiculous as the argument that this gun would have to have been against the temple to kill.

If you genuinely don't know what I mean, I'm not really inclined to try and explain it at the moment and stir up more chit. I think it's a legitimate point to say it's unlikely that travis was a "hostage." Your post goes to that issue, NONE of the other responses do, imo.

So you think he was surprised in a non-prone position where he could have tried to defend himself (by taking Jodi out) but didn't? Because that was my point. I think he was seated and couldn't try to take her out, otherwise he would have.

Ahhhhh! Gotcha!

So we actually agree?

Maybe I shouldn't skip and skim....

Well call me a sissy cause any gun pointed at me...is a huge problem and makes the holder of the gun boss. IMO

I feel the same. My guess is that most people feel that way, where a gun is instadeath. I'm not going to run at someone with a gun; I can't outrun a bullet. I admit that if someone held a gun to me .25 or no, I'd do whatever they asked.

That is also not true. You can kill a person with a BB gun. You can kill someone with a pellet gun. It isn't about the caliber of a round. You have to look at muzzle velocity. Do you have information that says the muzzle velocity of this .25 caliber gun?

Besides that, the slit throat is what actually killed him...so not sure that this isn't a moot point...

No. It's actually quite true that absent the circumstances I mentioned it PROBABLY won't kill you. And that's why I said an able-bodied guy would try to disarm a smaller woman bearing such a weapon rather than allow himself to be taken "hostage."

In any case, I'm assuming travis didn't know the "muzzle velocity" of a .25 either. So he would have made his decision based on the appearance of the gun. Which probably looked like a small water pistol.

Oh, most definitely, I would. I some guy broke into my house carrying a .25 I would DEFINITELY have a run at him. If he was carrying a shot-gun or a 9mm, not so much.

I agree!

Whose hair is hosting SNL? Is that Justin Bieber or Katiecoo's old avatar pic??

Have you actually seen a .25? I haven't, my Dad no longer has his but I was looking at the bullets for it. They are good sized bullets so the gun cannot be so tiny as a toy. jmo

It's tiny . Not much bigger than my hand and I have small hands

Hi everyone! I wanted to introduce myself b/c I've been a longtime follower of WS and especially this thread...so I figured it's about time I joined and said hello since I feel like I already know all of u! :)

I've been following this trial since it began & I remember reading the news stories years ago when JA murdered TA... something u definitely cannot forget due to the horrible death she caused him.

I love reading everyone's thoughts, theories, feelings, & comments in this forum and feel like I have learned even more about this case since I started following WS. You are all so insightful here! In addition I always log on here to read everyone's thoughts while I watch the trial on tv, & I find myself agreeing & thinking the same thing sometimes as I read all of the posts here!

Anyway...just figured it was about time I came out of lurkdom & said hi to you all!

Looking forward to joining in on this thread & getting to know everyone! :)

:cheers:

Enjoyed your post, TexasGirlie, oh, one more thang:

:Welcome1:

to WebSleuths !!!

Glad you came out of lurkdom to join us! Keep it up!

Travis had a reason to tell his friend about not showing up one morning. Jodi had to done something for Travis to feel that way, other than slashed tires. That's more than you'll be hearing about my sins soon. Jodi did or said something to him.

What do you have in mind? Maybe she had threatened him in the past?

For me, the slashing tires and insane jealousy would have been enough for me to make a remark like that, although semi-jokingly. And it seems Travis did not take the threat to his safety real seriously either. But I'd like to hear what you think might have been said or done to Travis, beyond the tire slashing.

And you are ignoring everyone elses.

I've worked with guns. I am telling you as an absolute fact that ANY gun can kill a person and it doesn't have to hit them in the head. This is a fact that you may not like, but it still is a fact.

As far as the "hostage" part, I find an argument about that about as ridiculous as the argument that this gun would have to have been against the temple to kill.

Almost anything can kill a person sometime under some circumstances. The point of the posts was the a healthy man would likely try to disarm a woman armed with a .25 before allowing himself to be taken "hostage" by her. If you think the hostage argument is ridiculous, then we're on the same page.

I thought she might have already explained it to police or media and I hadn't read about it yet ...

Someone here said that JA has told police that her gun was in her purse on a bureau not far from the bathroom. I'd have to try to find which video that might be, but as far as I know that's probably true. But I have no link or anything, so it could be a mistake :)

Well if you believe the ME, and I do, she had the advantage. She had the element of surprise as well as her victim in the most vulnerable position possible. There is blood from floor to ceiling in the bathroom. Cast off blood.

He tried and failed to fend her off. His hands sliced and diced are evidence of that. We know he crawled down that hallway being stabbed in his back by the blood on the hallway walls.

At the end of the hall there is a blood pool from his throat being slashed.

It's all there. He tried to defend himself, he tried to flee. He didn't make it...

I hate to ask, but feel it is VERY VERY important for discussion. Can someone provide a link for the back of Travis....with the slice marks on autopsy. I think folks need to see that one in addition the the front one again. (GAWD, hope family is not seeing). Reason is...I think some folks have not seen and to see it.........well, makes obvious a point of future discussion. All the SLICING wounds are upper back right. SLASHING/SLICING was only on upper right torso.....as if he was positioned leaning over/spewing in the sink and she was then went into fury that he got up.

Does someone have that link saved? I believe that many folks have not seen those two photos.........and those two photos which are not well distributed, IMHO........tell the entire effing story :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018