Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say...
ANYTHING is possible. Therefore we must ask ourselves what is probable.
The probability of surviving a projectile entering you brain is low, very low - possible, but not probable.

Next apply Occam's razor.
Occam's razor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is how a good scientist will form his/her theories.

watching JVM....lawyer asks JA...."Did that happen after the beatings started"?

My question is what beatings? This is ridiculous.

I had not heard her say anything about being beat all the time. She only claimed a couple times that she somehow got hit, and I think it was honest mistake with arms flying during their sexual escapades.

Somewhere along the hallway.

How would she know immediately if she hit his heart?

Do you think she flipped him over in the hallway, on to his back and then the stab to chest?

I kind of pictured him scrambling, crawling out the bathroom and down the hall while she stabbed him in the back multiple times, then slit his throat as he collapsed on his stomach from blood loss.

I don't know where they were but they could have still phoned the police or someone in TA's PPL group...I would think. They act on tv like they are such good friends with him and then they do not go out of their way to check up on him. Could be 48 Hrs edited the Hughes' interview and cut out the answers to my (Me Me Me) questions.

Why would they have to check on him? He wasn't supposed to be in cancun until june 10th. How does that make them not as good of friends to travis.

BBM I wish. I am rather surprised that Travis' Mormon bishop has not given an interview. (print or video) At least I have not heard one. I know it has been done before when a member is murdered or a missionary is killed while on their mission. What about male friends from his Singles group? Non-PPL. Lisa does not count, she was a girlfriend and Mimi sounded like she barely knew him and really did not want to but got pushed a bit by Travis to just be friends. Sunday school leaders? Priesthood leaders?

Did I miss something?

It's not relevant or perhaps you'll hear during rebuttal.... If they have admissible testimony.

As far as in the media.. Some people have no desire to be on tv or talk to reporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the talking here heads are getting completely lost .. This case is simple, there was no fear here, just narcissistic rage!

What about the mystery phone number person / cause of the "I'll take the 5th"?

No more limelight for Gussy. Back to his pyramid, cylindrical, rectangle scheme. BYE!

I think he probably had a woman in the car and didn't want to say that. I think the prosecution realizes he's a media *advertiser censored* and just likes to be in front of the camera and will say anything for it. He really blew it when he said he didn't have a lawyer though.

I don't think a thread "causes fighting". People that can't get along cause fighting.
I realize there is a thread regarding the sequence of events as I posted a link to it about 20 minutes ago. Unfortunately that thread is not for discussion purposes,it is a "poll" thread, so with your blessing I will continue to discuss the details of the trial here. Cheers. :)

The poll thread is a place to discuss it. It was opened when the bickering became too much to keep in the trial discussion thread. I'm not going to play semantics with you about it and I would appreciate it if you would keep your condescending remarks to yourself.

You don't think at some point she rolled him over, or he stumbled/fell or any number of other of things?

On the wall there is a stain that looks like to me he was turned around.

The cast off blood from stabbing is in the bathroom, floor to ceiling. IMO all wounds to the front of him occurred in the bathroom with exception of the throat slashing at the end of the hall. Blood splatter was in the hallway only reaching 12 inches from the floor... He was crawling she was stabbing at his back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think those talking heads knew full well and pre-arranged with Gus that he would confuse the timeline! JMHO.

Obviously Gus received the phone call from JA in the early hours of the morning following TA having been found dead in the shower, days after he was murdered.

This crock is such a charade for media hype - ridiculous!

he claims she told him in the middle of the night Travis "had died", then went to Cancun on the very trip Travis was supposed to be on with him.

And we are to believe that NO ONE on that trip discussed this 30 year old's mysterious death and the late night phone call he received while on this trip.

This guy is just making all of this up as he goes along to stay relevant aka being able to show up with his brooch on national TV as much as possible.

I wish he'd just come right out and admit he lured Jodi to his "motor home" for his own nefarious reasons. Now that I might believe.

:great:Hey there lucylu7 ... :)
I love the valley...intend to retire in wolfville sometime
Thanks for your kind words..take care :seeya:

BBM I wish. I am rather surprised that Travis' Mormon bishop has not given an interview. (print or video) At least I have not heard one. I know it has been done before when a member is murdered or a missionary is killed while on their mission. What about male friends from his Singles group? Non-PPL. Lisa does not count, she was a girlfriend and Mimi sounded like she barely knew him and really did not want to but got pushed a bit by Travis to just be friends. Sunday school leaders? Priesthood leaders?

Did I miss something?
It's a closed group now but up until a few weeks ago Travis had a memorial facebook administrated by Taylor Searle open to the public. There were dozens upon dozens of people who posted their memories and stories of Travis. While I can't attest to exactly whom (like the bishop); there were many people from his childhood, who knew him in high school, and a few teachers in addition to many other friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances. There's also his legacy page - last time I looked there were a whole lot of posts on that too. Some from strangers but mostly people who knew him. FWIW

Does the jury know this was only a 5 month relationship? Anyone? Thanks! As long as she has been on the stand I thought it was a 5 year relationship.

Yeah, it definitely sounds a lot longer than it actually was.

It does seem like it has lasted forever since they are going "blow by blow". Oh, I mean "play by play". :rolleyes:

:floorlaugh:

here is a link to when j.a. decides to grossly reinterpret Travis' comment..

starts at 0:45:00 if the jump link doesn't work...
http://youtu.be/eTXRwN6WxOs?t=45m

May 26 was a VERY BIG day. On this day, 2 days before the .25 pistol is reported missing from Jodi's residence, here's what happened between Jodi and Travis:

1. On May 26, in various chat messages Travis called Jodi a bi---, worthless, shi*, *advertiser censored*, and "three hole wonder." According to Jodi, on May 26, Travis was angry about several things and there were many fights about many things throughout the day in chat, text messages, and over the phone.

2. Among the things Travis was mad about, Jodi describes this:

Jodi: He was angry because I told him I would drop the subject of him getting help for his stuff and...

Nurmi: What do you mean "his stuff"?

Jodi: "His sexual problems. And, um, we agreed to drop it as long as he got help. I didn't think he - I didn't really want to bring it up any more but after he made that comment about sodomizing a little girl on the phone, then I was kind of -- well, I was concerned he wasn't making any progress.

So, I sent him another stack of the same little pamphlets that I grabbed, and I mailed it to him without telling him - I just dropped it in the mail because after that phone call it concerned me, and um he blew up over that, and some other things also"

3. May 26 is also the day that Jodi "mistakenly" sent Travis a text message meant for Steve Carroll implying that Travis was hacking Jodi's gmail. In response, Travis sent Jodi the very angry text message -- confronts her about invading his privacy and likely ends the relationship for good.

(However, note Jodi's earlier testimony that Travis found text messages to Steve Carroll by getting in her gmail account in April 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZlO2tM2qT4k#t=841s -- which ultimately led Travis to say he was going to tell everyone about the psycho things Jodi had done, and Jodi said, "The only thing I'm going to be spitting out is the fact that you're a pedophile with a past")

Throughout this portion of Jodi's testimony, she is very clearly still extremely angry at Travis, and cannot maintain her sweet little victim demeanor; her hatred is oozing out of her. She throws out comments that he was sleeping with other people, and she throws out the comment about sodomizing a little girl and being a pedophile, among other things.

I can picture what happened on May 26. She could not control her anger at Travis because he was distancing himself and she could non longer control him -- she wanted to hurt him in retaliation for the hurt she felt. She lashed out on a passive-aggressive warpath. She kept accusing him of being a pedophile, and threatened to "expose" his secret; she "mistakenly" sent a text message meant for another guy, accusing him of things he didn't do, and implying that she is having a secret conversation that she wants to keep hidden from Travis. I can imagine that throughout this day she just relentlessly hounded him and threatened him and did whatever she could to hurt him in her warped attempt to sooth herself. It all came to a head on this day -- and I believe this is when she committed herself to murder him.

Do you think she flipped him over in the hallway, on to his back and then the stab to chest?

I kind of pictured him scrambling, crawling out the bathroom and down the hall while she stabbed him in the back multiple times, then slit his throat as he collapsed on his stomach from blood loss.

But then the back wounds wouldn't have been so tightly grouped IMO.
They look to me to be almost straight on.
I see the wounds to the head and other back wounds to her striking him going down the hall. He would be suffering from the gun shot entering above his right eyebrow and stopping in his left jaw (after snicking the brain and going thru the nasal area) and the stabs in his back. At some point he either fell and rolled, or she got in position to get his front side IMO. The stab to the heart and abdomen happened, then the massive neck wound.

We might better drop the subject here or move it to the other thread... I can't stand Linda mad at me :blushing: .

10 hours after she killed TA she supposedly called Gus. He supposedly told them to call him he had some evidence. He never said exactly what it was. One talking head said he should have been more specific with his calls.

Another talking head is saying that she's having a hard time believing him now. His testimony sounded like a commercial for PPL. Gus said as for the informercial that's what he was told to do. I wonder what that means? Did the defense coach him?

OMGosh!

The defense wouldn't, ..... couldn't have anything to do with Gus's media tour could, would they?! A set up to confuse the issues?

Anyone know IF this could happen?

just wonderin'
fran

I think the talking here heads are getting completely lost .. This case is simple, there was no fear here, just narcissistic rage!

Anything to save her from the DP. Anything. Including completely destroying the victim which she cruelly murdered. There are a lot of victims on this forum, their family members, so I would think it would be poetic justice for those of us who are, just to watch that witch smirk and squirm on the stand. Without prompts.

The talking heads on HLN are making me so angry I can't even see straight. They act like TA was a horrible person. To me, he sounds like a normal guy who just discovered sex. He was obsessed because she just introduced him to something earth shattering. They argued, as a lot of young couples do because both sides are immature. Who cares? She cried on the phone with him. Big deal. Many girls cry when they argue with their boyfriends. It happens but it doesn't mean abuse. JA makes me sick that she has destroyed this seemingly perfectly normal man's reputation. Even if she's found guilty, her accusations will always be in the back of some people's head and that's not fair. By all accounts the people who really knew him, his friends and family, say he was an amazing guy and I believe them more than this psycho.

AND I don't understand why they are saying they had an S&M relationship on HLN. I don't consider what I heard to be S&M. It sounds like a normal highly sexual relationship at that age.

If you want to be a talking head defense attorney on HLN, is it a prerequisite to be semi delusional? Apparently JA's abusive childhood (being hit with a wooden spoon), uncorroborated by anyone else is "much worse" than Travis' -- child of drug addicts, no bed, home, stability until young childhood (confirmed by those who lived through it themselves). I'm not seeing it that way, guess my potential future as a defense attorney is gone, what a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo