Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something happened? Imminent fear? Um, so how was she able to so immediately grab that knife AND gun in that very second? And that doesn't even get in to the premeditation. Lots and lots of premeditation. These people who find every single excuse to justify a cold blooded murderer should...well, try sitting in the shoes on the receiving end vs. on a high horse unaffected. They've lost their damn minds.

Hey there...
I am a little bit worried about Travis's family wearing their ribbons....
During our beautiful girl's murder trial, we were told outright by the judge that during the trial we were not allowed to wear our white ribbons or show any type of emotion during the trial phase of the process.....this made news where we live (Halifax Nova Scotia Canada)
Many court cases were referred to and we removed our ribbons accordingly.....
They told us. That it might be a case of prosecutorial misconduct if we did not allow the jury to operate in an entirely free from b Ian's courtroom...there is a great article on this topic (I don't know how to lINK) under"hearts on their sleeves- symbolic displays of emotion by spectators in criminal trials "
Just wanted to mention this as a mistrial would be the worst thing possible...
As always my thoughts and prayers to Travis's family's friends and all of us here at web sleuths as we try to comprehend the death of a beautiful human being.

I'm so very very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure who decides this? I wonder if perhaps it is brought forth by the Defense and the Judge abides? Last Trial I attended I was given a ribbon to wear by the Victim's Grandmother in Court. Of course just before Court was In Session. Canadian Court also. I'm sorry you weren't allowed that dignity.

I think the only reason she might not go DP is because she is female and that's it!

It does seem like it has lasted forever since they are going "blow by blow". Oh, I mean "play by play". :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder how long the cross will take. I would hate to have to bogg through all this testimony on cross examination.

That reminds me. How come Nurmi keeps getting by with saying ZIP TIED her to a tree in his fantasy?
I'm thinking it's at the very least the "soft" rope he tied her to the bed with. lol

Thats it! I heard JM say what I thought was Giobani (maybe Giovanni). That is the person! Wonder if Gus poor wife knows about this car encounter. What a cad.

On HLN today with his interview by Jean C. he stated that his wife cooked he and his car passenger breakfast that morning.

If Gus tried to sell me a Rolls Royce for a penny I'd turn it down. He just looks like the typical sleazy salesman.

That takes used car salesmen insult to a whole new level. But I'd turn down that RR deal too.

The poll thread is a place to discuss it. It was opened when the bickering became too much to keep in the trial discussion thread. I'm not going to play semantics with you about it and I would appreciate it if you would keep your condescending remarks to yourself.

The events have been largely debated in the trial. What do you think was the sequence of events?

**no debate/discussion here but you can state your opinion**

Apparantly there's no debate/discussion there.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196224"]Jodi Arias; the sequence of events - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It peeved me off when people refuse to believe that women can be just as sexual as men. Personally I think that it was Jodi who gave Travis the sex education and suggested the alternative ways to have sex in order to maintain control and to stay in his life. She was not going to give him up, period.

I'd like to jump out on this post to ask a question...

Are there 'experts' who will tailor their testimony based on the aggressiveness of the prosecutor? I guess, specific to this case, I am asking if anyone thinks it it's possible that the DV expert's testimony could have little impact because the expert doesn't want to get lamblasted by the prosecutor?
This really is just my opinion. I think the defense DV expert is likely to have little impact regardless of how the prosecutor questions her. I am anticipating she will have to testify to generalities of abuse victims rather than Jodi specifically.

Where some of Jodi's actions (or inaction) can be skewed and manipulated to appear as a victim many of them are inconsistent and inexplicable. Further, nearly the sum of evidence to prove this abuse is coming from Jodi - which actually isn't unusual in a DV case - except Jodi has a prolific history of lying and no one in Travis' history can attest to even rudimentary controlling behaviors consistent with abusers.

I'm expecting, as a prosecutor, Juan is way too well acquainted with domestic violence. He'll easily dismantle the DV expert point by point with every inconsistency.

The P12 makes me worry me that she might just walk away.

Are any of the P12 jurors now on this jury? No they aren't. Is there a big buffoon judge doing whatever he can to help the defense? No there isn't. This jury isn't the P12 because the P12 are 12 other humans who are not part of this case. This case is completely different. We know exactly who killed Travis--there is no mystery around that. The only difficult decision the jury needs to make is in the sentencing phase: life or the death penalty.

Was Jodi Arias' life in danger at 5:30pm on June 4, 2008? No it wasn't. She was dressed and could have left or gotten away. Her victim was naked and in the shower. Who had the weapons? She did. Who got stabbed? He did. Who got shot? He did. Whose neck was slashed wide open? His was. Who came to whose house? She came to his house, with weapons. Who pretended she was never there? She did. Who lied? She did.

/the end.

No, He said she was in the car with him that day.

Hmm.. so why did he throw a man-trum about not revealing her name/phone #/identity before?
Any indication she was really terrified of Chris Hughes or did it seem more like a personal reason?

TY for answering btw!

The talking heads on HLN are making me so angry I can't even see straight. They act like TA was a horrible person. To me, he sounds like a normal guy who just discovered sex. He was obsessed because she just introduced him to something earth shattering. They argued, as a lot of young couples do because both sides are immature. Who cares? She cried on the phone with him. Big deal. Many girls cry when they argue with their boyfriends. It happens but it doesn't mean abuse. JA makes me sick that she has destroyed this seemingly perfectly normal man's reputation. Even if she's found guilty, her accusations will always be in the back of some people's head and that's not fair. By all accounts the people who really knew him, his friends and family, say he was an amazing guy and I believe them more than this psycho.

AND I don't understand why they are saying they had an S&M relationship on HLN. I don't consider what I heard to be S&M. It sounds like a normal highly sexual relationship at that age.

RIP Travis. I am sorry this happened to you. Hopefully, there will be true justice.

Serious question I hope someone can answer:

Yesterday Jodi referred to Travis talking about sodomizing a little girl. She mentioned it in a kind of off-hand way, as if it was already something that had been testified about.

Was there testimony or evidence about Travis talking about sodomizing a little girl -- or where the heck did this come from?

I'm thinking the her atty kind of mentioned that when he was rehashing that sex tape over and over and over. That seemed more his words not hers. She clarified it by stated it was like the 17-18 year Old. Jmo

Here is her statement. start at 45:35 >>>>>>>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X_ki_SjxpbE#!

Has it ever been revealed for sure why JA was crying Tues? (In connection with the court delay.)

I may be wrong, but think that was because she and laywer only wanted to bring in certain parts of tape but PA insisted that all the tape or nothing and judge agreed. All the tape shows Jodi was a big part of it. she enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir