Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy carp! Just watched "Play Misty for Me". Haven't seen it in years. Many similarities between that movie and this open and shut case (to me anyway)!! -

Obsessed stalker female, showing up naked just to get in his house, knife-slashing across the throat and raging stabbing , stalking the "nice girlfriend" on the side, threatening suicide, the whole shooting match. Maybe some of the jurors have seen this movie....really, it was chilling after watching this case.

I think the only reason she might not go DP is because she is female and that's it!

3 females on DR here....one whose crime was similar to Jodi's and Juan also tried her. Being female does not necessarily have a sway with jurors here in AZ. One of the three is also around Jodi's age and was also reasonably attractive at one time...I am sure jail life has changed that now. To me this shows AZ can overlook such things and deal with the evidence.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

All those text messages Nurmi was questioning Jodi about - they were conveniently not entered into evidence. I guess they were just being used to "refresh" Jodi's recollection.

I sure hope Juan gets those text messages admitted because I guarantee you, those text messages will go a long way toward revealing the true Jodi and the way in which she harassed and terrorized Travis.

Jodi: He was angry because I told him I would drop the subject of him getting help for his stuff and...

Nurmi: What do you mean "his stuff"?

Jodi: "His sexual problems. And, um, we agreed to drop it as long as he got help. I didn't think he - I didn't really want to bring it up any more but after he made that comment about sodomizing a little girl on the phone, then I was kind of -- well, I was concerned he wasn't making any progress. So, I sent him another stack of the same little pamphlets that I grabbed, and I mailed it to him without telling him - I just dropped it in the mail because after that phone call it concerned me, and um he blew up over that, and some other things also"

Here are two almost identical pictures of Travis's face. The one where he is having his picture taken, he is clearly comfortable and his facial features are relaxed.

l.jpg

Then there's the shower picture. His eyebrows are drawn down over his eyes and his face looks tight and stressed.

ht_jodi_arias_nt_130114_wg.jpg

His pensive look really is fascinating in retrospect but is there is also a possibility that the brows were drawn because the shower was still running, water still falling?

OK, my Websleuths Friends, forgive me. There's no way I can catch up on these threads, I am watching recap on JVM and NG.

Just a couple of thoughts.

1. Most importantly, poor Travis. No one deserves to have their private information shared like this, It's absolutely shameful. This brutally murdered man has no voice.

2. I am very angry right now at the man I am seeing. And, even though I feel like "...i wanna kill him...." never in a million years would I do so. lol

3. JA disgusts me.

4. Someone murdered him. Someone is responsible.

Who...Please :furious: Lock her up, throw away the keys.

Jodi's new boyfriend, she traveled to see right after murdering Travis, said that she had a bandage on her hand. According to Jodi, she cut herself on a glass while bartending at an non-existent restaurant. During the questioning by Detective, the female ninja cut her hand, so I'm hoping ing if her hand still showed injury or signs of healing at the time of her arrest. I certainly hope so. A photo taken by LE at booking would disprove her claim that Travis broke her finger in an earlier abuse situation.

Why would they have to check on him? He wasn't supposed to be in cancun until june 10th. How does that make them not as good of friends to travis.

Because on the 48 Hrs interview with Chris Hughes he stated he could not get a hold of Travis through calling/texting and told his wife they need to call the police.

Makes me wonder how long the cross will take. I would hate to have to bogg through all this testimony on cross examination.

I don't think we have to worry about Juan getting to the point. He will have his ducks in a row, and will wade through Nurmi's Bullchit pretty quick I think. He strikes me as the no nonsense type. I think his patience has been stretched throughout the DT's CIC, but he has been a true professional throughout the whole ordeal. He doesn't need to embellish his case because the evidence speaks for itself.

Once Juan calls her out on a few of the major lies she's told I think the jury will see the DT's case for what it is. A whole lot of baseless accusations with no proof to back it up. MOO.

All those text messages Nurmi was questioning Jodi about - they were conveniently not entered into evidence. I guess they were just being used to "refresh" Jodi's recollection.

I sure hope Juan gets those text messages admitted because I guarantee you, those text messages will go a long way toward revealing the true Jodi and the way in which she harassed and terrorized Travis.

Why can't Juan play that same "game"? He can do the same exact thing Wilmont did - go line by line, and ask Jodi if that's what Travis said.

Gus personifies Willy Loman from Death of a Salesman..
As Thoreau so eloquently put it " the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"....
...except that Gus is not quiet about his pathetic desperation...

Jodi: He was angry because I told him I would drop the subject of him getting help for his stuff and...

Nurmi: What do you mean "his stuff"?

Jodi: "His sexual problems. And, um, we agreed to drop it as long as he got help. I didn't think he - I didn't really want to bring it up any more but after he made that comment about sodomizing a little girl on the phone, then I was kind of -- well, I was concerned he wasn't making any progress. So, I sent him another stack of the same little pamphlets that I grabbed, and I mailed it to him without telling him - I just dropped it in the mail because after that phone call it concerned me, and um he blew up over that, and some other things also"

I bet he did get upset considering all he said on the phone was that she sounded like a 12 yr old. He must have been completely confused. One day she is gushing about their sex life and having phone sex and the next she sends him pamphlets for sex problems.

To remove the mystery of what Juan will be like on cross-exam, just watch him in other trials or go back and see how he cross-examined other witnesses in this trial.

He has a fairly consistent style. No nonsense, targeted, brusque, occasionally sarcastic/snarky. That's just who he is and he will be the same when he cross-examines Arias. Same style as ex TX prosecutor, Kelly Siegler (Juan's a male version of her).

That reminds me. How come Nurmi keeps getting by with saying ZIP TIED her to a tree in his fantasy?
I'm thinking it's at the very least the "soft" rope he tied her to the bed with. lol

I was wondering about the whole 'tied to the bed' scenario.. he has a beautiful wooden sleigh bed, how is that possible? :waitasec:

Are there more sexual tapes?

Wendy is on JVM saying there are more tapes! Good grief I don't think I can suffer through another...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering about the whole 'tied to the bed' scenario.. he has a beautiful wooden sleigh bed, how is that possible? :waitasec:

Long rope and the legs if the bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The world according to Gus: Anway, his explanation for why Jodi was staying in his motorhome is that Jodi called him upset and afraid after a fight with Travis so Gus told her that since she was only two hours away, to come and stay in his motorhome. During her stay at the motorhome he witnessed a phone call from Travis to Jodi where she physically cringed while he was cussing her out and then she left the motorhome and finished the call outside.

She explained one of the text messages from Travis demanding a photo as she received a call from Travis while she was in Gus' motorhome. Travis demanded a photo of her butt so in order to make him happy, she went to the motorhome bathroom, took her pants and underwear off and took a photo of her butt and sent it to him.

I'm curious if this photo was taken at the very same time that she was suppose to be arguing with Travis on the phone? Or, was there more than one time that she stayed overnight in Gus' motorhome.

RE: BBM - What I remember the text that Travis sent to Jodi said was something like...send me a picture, I want to see you right now.

If my b/f sent me that text, I would not drop trou at some old guy's motor home (which is "very large...not wide but long") to take a picture of my naked butt. What even gave her the inkling that he wanted to see that?

This link has Gus' interview with JVm and she goes over the timeline with him. He still insists that it was the early morning following Travis' death but then he goes on to say that Travis was scheduled to leave for Cancun the next day, SAME AS HE WAS, BECAUSE HE WAS GOING ON THE SAME TRIP. This comment tells me that he is confusing with when Travis died and when his body is found. Travis was not scheduled to leave the next day following his death. Travis was scheduled to leave for Cancun the next day following the discovery of his body. Somebody needs to straighten him out on these dates.
http://t.co/9U7TxjVn
Regardless of whether it was 6/5/08 or 6/9/08 at 3:30 am, Gus should have called the Mesa PD. Why would he have called the prosecutor's office if JA wasn't even arrested yet and there was no case ? Still obstruction of justice in my eyes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azouheir