Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #36 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand the crime scene photos, the bullet casing resided near the sink on top of a collection of dried blood. The conclusion that is often drawn – “casing on top of blood” means the “gun shot followed the stabbing” – however, is flawed. We know there was a lot of movement of both bodies. There was a violent struggle going on in the bathroom, the hallway, and finally in the bedroom. That single bullet casing could easily have been kicked on top of a blood splatter while struggling or even while JA was frantically trying to clean up. It cannot be apodictically inferred that the casing came to rest at a point where it was expelled by the gun.

I believe indeed that the gun shot came first, followed on by the rain of stab wounds. Why would a smart murderess like JA open her assault with a messy unsure knife attack when she could inflict an instantaneous death with a well targeted gunshot wound to the brain? JA just didn’t know where in TA head to point the gun in order to bring him down. Had she studied crime movies she would have known to point the gun through TA temple and try for a horizontal trajectory through TA midbrain or to put a bullet through his open mouth pointing straight back

Wow..Thanks..Now I am getting the picture, how this might of went down..

He called the prosecution so it would be tough to prove, JMO.

I must have missed the part where he finally said it was the night they found TA's body while I was typing. Why is he on the show at all then? Don't they vet his info. first?

He wasn't clear about that at all :banghead: .

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn’t go back to sleep. I kept thinking about all the dribble JA has been saying and insinuating and taken out of context about Travis. I feel so sad for his family and so sad and sorry that Travis ever met this evil person who just had to have him and when she couldn’t she slaughtered him.
As a side note, I have to wonder if his religion and it’s medaling in their lives didn’t set him and others up by messing with their heads so that they would never have the strength to make decisions for themselves that were right for the individual rather than the religion. I have to almost call it a cult when I hear that the perverted elders grill the, was it 12 year old males, about whether or not they had been masturbating. Ack, I find that disgusting and inappropriate. I wonder what they are saying or doing to the young females to make sure they are virgins and get them married off before they really know who they are and whether this is right for them!
If Travis was a virgin before he met JA, then I’m thinking his experiences were quite limited to what he saw in the media, movies, magazines, heard from other guys. Being 30 and a virgin must have been very hard for him especially after he meet JA who laid out a smorgasbord of hos to tempt him and throw him off track. From what his friends have said, JA was basically acting out as a little sex pot constantly and she did not dress like a meek school girl as she has in court. I saw no indication that she faked the whole sex tape, but I believe she was into everything he was talking to her about. Now that she needs a defense, she says she just went along with it because she couldn’t say no to him, that I don’t buy. I’m sure the jurors were not relating to her at all when she said she was faking the phone orgasm, because she couldn’t have pleasured herself with one hand only, really Jodi? Without trying to be gross, that just takes me back to the images of her grand canyon and the word fisting, blaac, thanks JA. I suspect the jurors didn’t even know why she said that to them, nor did they want anything to do with the image she was creating.
If what she offered him was all of her hos and it seems like anything was possible with JA, why in the world would Travis think anything other than this is what she liked. I don’t think he was abby normal, he just got mixed up with a horn dog who liked acting anything and everything sex out in life and in pictures. The things he said to her, I would not have put up with in a man, but she went along with all of it and I tend to think she was the instigator and introduced him to things in real life he had previously only heard about or seen in some demeaning movie. But if he never had a normal sexual relationship with a woman, then how was he supposed to act towards her when this is what he obviously thought she liked. From the way the other women who knew him said he treated them, makes me think that he was not acting like this to all women, just JA.
I’m just saying it is not fair or right for JA and her defense team to turn him into this deviant for the world to see and to confuse the jurors into thinking he was an abusive man because now she needs a good excuse for why she butchered him. I am especially disgusted with the judge, who should have set some limits. After all there really is no one to corroborate her stories. The stupid fantasies, like tying her to a tree. I tend to think she encouraged these fantasies, they may have even been her fantasies, regardless, they were having a mutual sexual relationship and if she went along with all of it, why would he not think it was okay to act and talk to her like he did in the tape. For as tired or bored as he sounded on the tape, to me, it sounded like he was trying to say what he though she wanted him to say. Didn’t she call him after all?
I don’t know if this has already been discussed, as I am not able to read every post. I just don’t think Travis knew any better. JA was a participant and could have said no and gotten out a long time before she felt the need to murder him. After hearing the tape and the continuing dribble coming out of her mouth about how she didn’t like it but put up with it, because she loved him! If she didn’t like what they were doing, she didn’t love him, he was just a means to an end for her. He was going somewhere in life and she wasn’t, he had friends and she didn’t much. JA was looking for a free ride and unfortunately she found a very immature and vulnerable young man who couldn’t say no to her 3 wonders. RIP Travis.

But that's not so... haven't you seen where people have darts, bullets, nails, limbs, etc that have snicked the brain but they still are able to function somewhat? IMO it is possible he could have staggered to the sink. It looks likes that type of spray to me... instead of spray from a wound to the chest (if that one was even first). Why would she chance a one-time shot at stabbing a moving person exactly in the heart? Why bring the gun but chance a knife kill?

IMO if he let her in and later fell alsleep... she was going to use a knife for silence.
If he didn't go to sleep (and he looks kind of tired to me) she would have to use the gun IMO.

I think it is possible she gave him a chance to change his mind about taking her on the trip... he didn't.

There is a whole thread to discuss shot or stabbed first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere along the hallway.

How would she know immediately if she hit his heart?

He was crawling according to the blood evidence. She crawl under him?

Someone said Abe posts on the justice for Travis FB page he never got -- I'm thing it just went to Travis. Travis was only supposed to get the cc

It was a bcc -- and very odd if Abe didn't get it if Travis did, since it went at the same time. I didn't read the screen shots: did they show Travis' response to that email? TIA

With all due respect, showing another post about what someone else thinks does not prove anything.

There is a thread that discusses the whole chicken or the egg theory....it causes a lot of fighting in this thread when it is brought up so a whole thread was created to separate it.

I don't think a thread "causes fighting". People that can't get along cause fighting.
I realize there is a thread regarding the sequence of events as I posted a link to it about 20 minutes ago. Unfortunately that thread is not for discussion purposes,it is a "poll" thread, so with your blessing I will continue to discuss the details of the trial here. Cheers. :)

Lol Gus Searcy "She tells me he dead, I asked if she was alright. Did you need a ride?" Ummm something is wrong with this guy.

Pre Paid Legal must be so proud of their golden boy!

imo this is the type of coverage that makes these high profile cases circus events. bring on people that insert themselves for ratings, same talking heads on different shows saying the same things over and over. while the victim's family suffers. smh

It doesn't matter to them at all. It's all about the DP, as far as I'm concerned. Jmo.

There was no court today.

Yesterday Gus showed up in person and was dismissed from the case by Juan. He only came for the limelight I believe was the comment from Juan.

What about the mystery phone number person / cause of the "I'll take the 5th"?

No more limelight for Gussy. Back to his pyramid, cylindrical, rectangle scheme. BYE!

There is a whole thread to discuss shot or stabbed first.

Isn't it allowed elsewhere when replying to a post?

Maybe there should be a rejuvination thread too... or a things I don't want to discuss one.

He has now explained that he did it the night the body was found. Not night he died.I want the talking heads to slam him on that .

I think those talking heads knew full well and pre-arranged with Gus that he would confuse the timeline! JMHO.

Obviously Gus received the phone call from JA in the early hours of the morning following TA having been found dead in the shower, days after he was murdered.

This crock is such a charade for media hype - ridiculous!

Hey there...
I am a little bit worried about Travis's family wearing their ribbons....
During our beautiful girl's murder trial, we were told outright by the judge that during the trial we were not allowed to wear our white ribbons or show any type of emotion during the trial phase of the process.....this made news where we live (Halifax Nova Scotia Canada)
Many court cases were referred to and we removed our ribbons accordingly.....
They told us. That it might be a case of prosecutorial misconduct if we did not allow the jury to operate in an entirely free from b Ian's courtroom...there is a great article on this topic (I don't know how to lINK) under"hearts on their sleeves- symbolic displays of emotion by spectators in criminal trials "
Just wanted to mention this as a mistrial would be the worst thing possible...
As always my thoughts and prayers to Travis's family's friends and all of us here at web sleuths as we try to comprehend the death of a beautiful human being.

So sorry about your daughter.I'm guessing the ribbons must have been OK'd by the judge.

ALL friends of Travis, if related to PPL will pretty much sound the same. Kind of stepford wife like... Can we identify one person speaking out for him that is not PPL (how about Mimi??)

BBM I wish. I am rather surprised that Travis' Mormon bishop has not given an interview. (print or video) At least I have not heard one. I know it has been done before when a member is murdered or a missionary is killed while on their mission. What about male friends from his Singles group? Non-PPL. Lisa does not count, she was a girlfriend and Mimi sounded like she barely knew him and really did not want to but got pushed a bit by Travis to just be friends. Sunday school leaders? Priesthood leaders?

Did I miss something?

No more limelight for Gussy. Back to his pyramid, cylindrical, rectangle scheme. BYE!

Nope, we still don't know!

He was crawling according to the blood evidence. She crawl under him?

You don't think at some point she rolled him over, or he stumbled/fell or any number of other of things?

On the wall there is a stain that looks like to me he was turned around.

Does the jury know this was only a 5 month relationship? Anyone? Thanks! As long as she has been on the stand I thought it was a 5 year relationship.

I started following this trial late and had no idea of this. Hard to believe it could escalate so quickly. Even more difficult to believe the battered woman defense in such a short time. I'll just add that to the list of reasons she would not have had a need to stick with him if he was so bad of a guy.
I'll also add it to the list of reasons she is a nutter stalker.

Oh he's all over the media doin interviews now!

Does the jury know this was only a 5 month relationship? Anyone? Thanks! As long as she has been on the stand I thought it was a 5 year relationship.

It does seem like it has lasted forever since they are going "blow by blow". Oh, I mean "play by play". :rolleyes:

I'd like to jump out on this post to ask a question...

Are there 'experts' who will tailor their testimony based on the aggressiveness of the prosecutor? I guess, specific to this case, I am asking if anyone thinks it it's possible that the DV expert's testimony could have little impact because the expert doesn't want to get lamblasted by the prosecutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member