Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody mentioned upthread that she already set the stage for herself by saying that her backpack was in the bathroom. So I guess she is going to say that it just happened to be right there in her backpack when she needed it to 'defend' herself.

Let us go with that for a moment. She's taking photos of him in the shower. She drops the camera. He's enraged and lunges at her. He could overpower her before she even had a chance to get the gun out of the backpack. The knife is supposedly in the bathroom. Wouldn't it be more convenient for her to pick up the knife, which is visible rather than rummage through a backpack for a gun.....even IF she could do all this without getting into a physical altercation with him? Yet she has no injuries other than cuts from what is perceived to be the knife slipping as it became wet with blood from stabbing him.

My point is, no matter what spin she tries to put on it, nothing makes sense as to her defending herself and in imminent fear of her life to justify shooting him, stabbing him multiple times, slitting his throat and dragging him back to the shower. The mere fact he ends up back in the shower stall indicates an attempt to cover up the crime. Then add the laundry and the camera in the washer. The weapons are also missing......all from "self-defense"? I doubt she will have an explanation.

MOO

We'll have to agree to disagree. I clearly heard him testify that the shot and the slit throat came after the defensive wounds. But, not the order of those two.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 3 (Full) - YouTube

I'm referring to about the 2:51 mark. I'm half asleep, so if I missed it please point me in the right direction. TIA.
That's fine...any video of Dr. Horn testifying is very um....nice to watch, I mean, fascinating to listen to :heartluv:

Considering that Arias didn't think anyone would believe she was at TA's house at all, I'm not convinced she was trying at first to make it all look like 2 intruders. It may have worked out that way because of the gun jamming or something not going the way she thought it would. This murder was clearly all out of control. It was not contained, there was a river of blood, the killer left foot/shoe prints, palm print, hair at the scene, pictures proving her presence, and on top of all of that, she was the #1 person everyone who knew Travis immediately suspected of committing this murder.

I've always thought the camera got into the washing machine by accident. When she hurriedly scooped up items and threw them in the washer.

I still haven't gotten an answer to WHY it matters if the gunshot came first or not? What difference does it make? I don't get it. The charges don't change, the possible sentences don't change. The murder is still considered cruel and heinous regardless.

So what is the difference?

If no other wounds are present, in a normal human being, you will bleed to death in 90-180 seconds from a severed artery. The body tries to protect itself by creating a spasm to try to staunch the bleeding, but is overwhelmed. Barring immediate split second intervention by medical personnel, there is no chance of recovery and death is certain. The aorta, the largest artery in the body, if compromised, will bleed out in 90 seconds or less. A medium artery like the carotid would take 180 seconds. If the carotid is severed by a knife, the time it takes to bleed out is 90 seconds. It took me longer to type this:(

I've always thought the camera got into the washing machine by accident. When she hurriedly scooped up items and threw them in the washer.

Actually I believe that also. It could go either way, however, including attempting to destroy it by "washing" it.

MOO

That's the thing. She didn't do anything in Arizona. Had it not been for the images recovered from the card in the laundered camera, who knows whether LE would have known she'd ever been there at all at the time of the murder.

Originally Posted by StephanieHartPI View Post
at 19:30 when she breaks down a bit, I believe her. She said:

"he was kneeling down in the shower...and I don't really know what happened after that"

Her body language before she says that is believable. I did not know she ever said he was kneeling down before just now.

I always said he either bent over toward the shower head, or bent down, the shot went through the right eye brown in a downward motion exit left cheek.

I say she shot first, he kneels down, she lifts the gun shoots him through the right temple expecting a fatal shot through the temple. He was below her (hence all the blood low in the shower) Because he was kneeling the bullet didn't go straight through his head, it went down at an angle, not a fatal shot, simply due to his kneeling.

I think he surprised her by stumbling to his feet, he got up, he was dazed but then tried to fight back.

Then the frenzy ensued with the knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=FoUB2UzWjtI#!

18:20 on...at 19:05 you see her relive the first shot she fired. She feels it

Wow. :notgood:
Thank you for posting this. It was extremely interesting. She showed real emotion during the parts that would be something that really did happen (moo) like him kneeling, possibly screaming and holding his head and what got me the most, when she recalled Travis getting to the carpet. She said "and I..." and broke down. The image of slicing him from ear to ear must be burned into her crazy brain.

It's like an on and off switch when she puts the lies in and the parts that really happened. Emotion, composure, emotion, composure, but even the most vile human being can't help but be disturbed when thinking of the moment she sliced a man's throat to the bone.

I despise this woman. :mad: There are people on this earth who have hurt others and for whom I can not stand. People I just want to get my own hands on. Jodi is on that list.

Irrespective of what I think happened, I do think the jury is going to go with the ME's conclusion because that is the only evidence they have. And they have not spent months discussing this issue with a bunch of other non-involved sleuthers. :lol: There's really no reason for them to question the ME, and in the end, even if they do they have plenty of evidence of the aggravating circumstance of cruelty - so I doubt they'll spend a whole lot of time deliberating about this issue.

If I were a juror, I would be looking at the wounds, so many. Looking at the defensive wounds, especially. No matter if he was shot first or knifed, the fact is he lived past that for a while and endured terrible suffering. That's a no brainer.

I still haven't gotten an answer to WHY it matters if the gunshot came first or not? What difference does it make? I don't get it. The charges don't change, the possible sentences don't change. The murder is still considered cruel and heinous regardless.

For my part, it is just a discussion out of curiosity.

:)

That's the thing. She didn't do anything in Arizona. Had it not been for the images recovered from the card in the laundered camera, who knows whether LE would have known she'd ever been there at all at the time of the murder.

The bloody palm print and the pulled hair with root attached that had TA's blood on it (for starters) would have been a big clue that she was there. That alone would be enough to get her convicted. The pictures helped nail her and they supplied the sequence and timing, but even without the pictures they'd still have her. Her DNA + TA's DNA were mixed and at the crime scene and it wasn't just because she was there during a prior visit. Her palm print in TA's blood. That alone is all they needed.

LE did have the bloody print and her hair at the crime scene. With suggestions by some who knew Travis that "she" did it, she would be investigated and LE would connect her to the murder. The camera was a bonus.

MOO

And with that.........good night until tomorrow!
:seeya:

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE! Furthermore, I think that if TA did go to his Bishop (or was planning to) and JA had not done so . . . . she would be exposed and possibly face excommunication. This would also preclude her from ever being TA's Mormon Wife. She murdered him before he could repent - therefore he would be doomed to never achieving his highest goal (Celestial Kingdom). The audio sex tape, the pictures, the sexting messages, the whole trial testimony is her way of hurting TA far more than just murdering him X3. His Mormon identity was the most precious thing to TA and it is the very thing he was trying to protect others from knowing that Jodi was his dirty little secret. . . . . She would no longer ever be his "secret" - she wanted to be known as his sex partner. Even the email that she wrote to him about wanting "credit" for typing and editing his book chapter . . . . she stated she wanted recognition for being his girlfriend. She ultimately wanted recognition for being his forbidden sex toy - which she knew would totally degrade his image in every aspect of his life.

This makes alot of sense. JA wanted TA to prove his undying love to her by choosing her over the church! Sick as this sounds I believe she was jealous of TA's faith. She was jealous of the church!!
I noticed JA always had to try & be one up on TA. She had to be the better singer, she had to have an abusive childhood, she is faithful & would never cheat. I bet TA could have told alot of stories about JA but he was a gentleman.

Its the defense making it a big deal, right? They want the gun shot to be first. Or, do I have that backwards.

She can say whatever she wants, he's dead. He can't defend himself. It's as if she is trying to kill him all over again, not his body because she can't but his reputation because she can. He kept their relationship a secret so she could say anything she wants, there is no proof. But should she go too far and jury does not believe her she may end up paying the ultimate price. I think she is pretty close to going over that cliff. jmo

I think that her rage knows no bounds. She wants to completely annihilate him. She is getting ecstatic pleasure out of being on the stand, IMO.

Below is Richard Zednik having ONE of his carotid arteries slashed during a hockey game (accidental skate injury). He lost 5 units of blood from the time he was slashed until the short amount of time they got him off the ice. The Saber's team doc kept pressure over the site and he was rushed to Buffalo General Hospital.

An average man will have 5-6 liters of blood. Zednik lost 2.5 liters in that very small amount of time. Remember that Jodi whacked BOTH of Travis' carotid arteries.
[video=youtube;1aOkzKRNTwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aOkzKRNTwA[/video]

That's fine...any video of Dr. Horn testifying is very um....nice to watch, I mean, fascinating to listen to :heartluv:

I was just going to say the same thing. :angel: It's not really hard to go back and re-watch his testimony. :loveyou:

Noone answered my question about the court cameras either. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members