Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be doing my algebra but of course I am not fully motivated...as I should be. :banghead:
I thought I'd google Nurmi.
I found some interesting articles. I am not a fan of his however these are posted just for general reading...y'all can form your own opinions.

One case he has done
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_5bdfab3c-c205-511d-aada-0dffdaaa7d85.html

This was a pretty high profile one...only vaguely heard about this one since I live in a different county.
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_77d5c1f9-fd8b-5d0d-9a6e-566094ed2c36.html

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_3dc1dad5-aec2-5945-8a1c-dcbcb31c2c8a.html

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_d374875c-a4c6-5120-bac3-6fbbd91a3c1b.html

The outcome
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/article_8e24ccb1-1ce3-5bd4-be0c-c0966ac908b2.html

I don't remember the first case, but do remember the Chandler rapist.

This is something that puzzles me greatly. She so clearly planned out everything and set the scene as best she could, who did she think would be accused of the crime? Nothing was taken and he had no known enemies, except for her. I mean it's possible that she believed that she would be accused but never caught, but I don't believe her behavior reflected that, such as going to the memorial, entirely. Maybe she believed that she would be accused but without evidence thought eventually the attention on her die down. It's still peculiar though...
Ninjas. Home invasion ninjas.

I've always felt that in the last picture, this picture with the closeup of his face, there is such a sad look in his eyes. I've never thought that it was meant to be a sexy gaze into the camera. It was pure fear and sadness. :( IMHO.

I find that picture so haunting. I don't know what his expression is but it's not good. More like WTF for lack of better words. It's so different from the preceding ones. The other disturbing one is when he's sitting in the shower. Who does that???

This is something that puzzles me greatly. She so clearly planned out everything and set the scene as best she could, who did she think would be accused of the crime? Nothing was taken and he had no known enemies, except for her. I mean it's possible that she believed that she would be accused but never caught, but I don't believe her behavior reflected that, such as going to the memorial, entirely. Maybe she believed that she would be accused but without evidence thought eventually the attention on her die down. It's still peculiar though...

She clearly didn't plan out everything--she planned several things but made a ton of mistakes and missteps and erroneous assumptions along the way. She didn't care who else might be suspected--she figured it wouldn't be her and that's as far as she thought.

It shows how completely unaware she is of so many things, most especially how she is perceived by other people. EVERYONE who knew Travis and knew her put her as suspect #1 on their list within minutes of hearing about his murder.

As it is for me... sorry if the discussion is not interesting to some. :p

That wasn't the issue at all. I was asking what the difference was and why it mattered which wound was inflicted first and what changes to the case would be affected. I know it's a discussion and I know some find it interesting; that's besides the point.

For both cases he was PD. Just like this one. And pink socks...yes well....probably took some fashion cues from his lawyer lol.

I was thinking Sherriff Joe had something to do with him. If that's the case, there were pink undies, too. lol

That wasn't the issue at all. I was asking what the difference was and why it mattered which wound was inflicted first and what changes to the case would be affected. I know it's a discussion and I know some find it interesting; that's besides the point.

I can't speak to how one way would work to benefit either side. For me, it's just a personal ( albeit morbid, maybe) curiosity. :eek:

She clearly didn't plan out everything--she planned several things but made a ton of mistakes and missteps and erroneous assumptions along the way. She didn't care who else might be suspected--she figured it wouldn't be her and that's as far as she thought.

It shows how completely unaware she is of so many things, most especially how she is perceived by other people. EVERYONE who knew Travis and knew her put her as suspect #1 on their list within minutes of hearing about his murder.

BBM

BINGO! She really had no clue, imo. Remember her words in the TV Special, when she says, " No jury will ever convict me." She has a very warped perception of how others view her.

Actually I am a professional and I would testify that the majority of the blood in that photo came from a severed carotid artery. IMPO

Absolutely unequivocally CORRECT.
Plus the severed internal jugular vein.

It's hard to say because Jodi's behavior does not fit the profile, and I think we can all see that. So can the expert, I'm sure lol.

Yes, I think she will generally explain the psychological dynamic and the various circumstances that are usually present in such relationships. Then she could go through the instances in Jodi's testimony that could fit within that dynamic --but again, it will all be based on the assumption that Jodi is telling the truth throughout her testimony.

What I can't understand is Nurmi asking about the condition of the house of Bobby grandparents. Hello Jodi was underage and her parents didn't seem to mind her being there. But what was the point? That things were so bad at home that was a safer place for her?

ITA! And I was watching today when they were replaying the money/loans bit of the trial and she said she gave him 699 because he was overdrawn at the bank. Just prayin that the pros HAS his bank statements, that would be another whopper to catch her in!

Good one, spcagrl !!

And if there is no evidence of a bounced check or an o/d fee, that'll be hard to explain -- but she will. grrrrrrr

:seeya:

Whew... there are quite the 'tudes in here tonight. :D

I'm not claiming to be smarter than anyone else, just stating my opinion. Take it FWIW.. which granted, ain't much!

It just makes no sense to me that JA would think for a second she would be able to subdue TA with a knife. What does make sense is that the sequence of events was just as she told Det Flores.... shot first and the gun locked up. From there, she doesn't reveal what happens. But the closer her story remains to the truth, without implicating herself, of course, the more likely it matches with the evidence.

All that being said, just because it makes sense to me doesn't make it so.

I'm done on that debate. You're welcome. :D

I think she wanted to hurt him because she is a sadist and rage feels all powerful. A gun is too easy. Why have the knife? If you want to murder someone then you just shoot them dead. You don't think about having a knife on hand just in case.

And what about the wounds on his feet? That was an attempt to finally make him dead?

I agree. I will not be surprised if at the peak of Juan's cross examination, Jodi starts to shake and raises hers arms to protect herself against Juan's attack.

I will expect her to shake like a Chihuahua when the questioning gets tough.

Hi Everyone. Newbie here. I have been following this case since the first day in court. Before that I was told about it by my daughter, who is also a member, and became completely hooked. Wanted to say hello and to thank you all for having me. :newhere:

JMO, this is why I personally believe that the defense has to put the shot to the head first. They are also saying that the headshot would not have rendered him unable to fight and harm her.

I will say that it matters a lot if Travis was shot first or last. It matters in the “self defense” claim. The defense is trying to say that Jodi had to shoot Travis as he lunged at her to save her own life. He did not go down from the shot and continued to go after her. The gun jammed and she was “forced” to resort to using a knife* in order to save her own life. He continued to go after her and in a terrified panic she repeatedly stabbed him and sliced his throat to finally stop him. She was a battered, abused woman who feared for her life.

*She will explain that she kept the gun and knife in her backpack for protection when she was traveling alone.

The defense is trying desperately to keep the needle out of her arm. This is why they are claiming that he was shot first and that he could still harm her.

That's actually very smart thinking. Hmm.

Sounds like Jodi made other phone sex tapes with other boyfriends. Listen, to her faking it even back then. (only "kidding")

:fireworks2:

Two-minutes of goats screaming like humans is udderly amazing (VIDEO)
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...reaming-humans-udderly-amazing-210104692.html

Curious! This video had me laughing harder than I have in months! My whole family thinks I'm nuts. I was just crying with tears for 10 solid minutes and no one could figure out what was up!!!!

What "fight"? Travis had defensive wounds. Jodi did not.

It is apparent to me that she kept killing him because he wouldn't die fast enough and because he tried in vain to lurch away, not because he put up any fight. IMO she disabled him with the first shot or stab (whichever came first). What followed were his death throes.

Snipped for brevity.

How to explain the wounds on his feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members