Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #37 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A terrific theory, but it doesn't explain the many wounds in his back.

Problem here is that Travis was taller then Jodi, so in order for the bullet's trajectory to be down and across, she would have had to be above him for sure.

Does anyone have a problem with this case keeping them awake at night? I go to bed thinking about it, and I wake up thinking about it. And there are nights, when I get up in the middle of the night thinking about it. I just can't get out of my mind the absolute terror, horror and pain that Travis went through. And how anyone that walks among us and appears seemingly normal could commit such unthinkable violence, is utterly incomprehensible to me.

Then there's the photos, the one of him looking directly into the camera, just haunting.

If it affects me this way, I can just imagine the ongoing pain and grief his poor family feels every single day and will probably for the rest of their lives. Such a senseless tragedy.

Whew... there are quite the 'tudes in here tonight. :D

I'm not claiming to be smarter than anyone else, just stating my opinion. Take it FWIW.. which granted, ain't much!

It just makes no sense to me that JA would think for a second she would be able to subdue TA with a knife. What does make sense is that the sequence of events was just as she told Det Flores.... shot first and the gun locked up. From there, she doesn't reveal what happens. But the closer her story remains to the truth, without implicating herself, of course, the more likely it matches with the evidence.

All that being said, just because it makes sense to me doesn't make it so.

I'm done on that debate. You're welcome. :D

Apart from what I stated above about sadism and rage, maybe she had the gun just in case the stabbing was not effective enough and he came after her. Then she could shoot him if she thought her life was in danger.

But I am of the opinion she planned to have both weapons- in her mind she would stab him repeatedly and then effect the coup de grace, execution style. She wanted him to suffer and then to be crushed like an insect. She was a goddess all right. I think that's the way her mind and fantasies work.

If Jodi did shoot TA after the stabbing and throat cutting, there is no way to know at what time she did this, so only the stabbing and throat cutting fit into the very tight time span. With the shot coming last, she might have done it just before putting him back in the shower and that could have been any amount of time after the other wounds were delivered.

Does anyone have a problem with this case keeping them awake at night? I go to bed thinking about it, and I wake up thinking about it. And there are nights, when I get up in the middle of the night thinking about it. I just can't get out of my mind the absolute terror, horror and pain that Travis went through. And how anyone that walks among us and appears seemingly normal could commit such unthinkable violence, is utterly incomprehensible to me.

Then there's the photos, the one of him looking directly into the camera, just haunting.

If it affects me this way, I can just imagine the ongoing pain and grief his poor family feels every single day and will probably for the rest of their lives. Such a senseless tragedy.

I agree. But isn't this more satisfying then that other thread we were on for months---no body found, the perp flies back home, and now is in line to collect her life insurance? :cry: [ Robyn Gardner]

I think she wanted to hurt him because she is a sadist and rage feels all powerful. A gun is too easy. Why have the knife? If you want to murder someone then you just shoot them dead. You don't think about having a knife on hand just in case.

And what about the wounds on his feet? That was an attempt to finally make him dead?

Agree, she wanted to punish him, she was out for blood and wanted him to suffer, and the gun wasn't enough to satisfy her rage.

Here is the thing that might save her: Travis kept sleeping with her even after she had shown obvious signs that she was unstable. Most men would have run a mile and not responded to it .. Travis on the other hand argued with her about it and ended their official relationship, yet took it underground so they could keep sleeping with each other. The fact that this is what led up to the crime might just get her LWOP instead of the DP because there is some provocation in that. I can only assume the reason Travis did continue on is because he enjoyed the sex so much, but he should have known that Jodi was obviously interested in a lot more than just sex with him and withdrawn from her and found another sexual partner who was not as vulnerable and disturbed.

I would want to know how many times Travis invited Jodi to meet him vs how many times she just showed up.

I can't wait to see Juan turn Jodi into chopped meat!

I continue to argue for an alternative theory. The casing was ejected onto a clean patch of bathroom floor. THe stabbing and blood splatter occurs in bathroom and sink but away from the casing.
After the death and sandwiching TA back into shower stall JA could have kicked the casing onto a patch of blood where the casing did not roll but flipped.

Given all the activity occurring in the bathroom during the struggle and in particular after the homicide. JA spent hours in the bathroom and bedroom cleaning up THE BATHROOM and shower. Of course the casing was not in the pristine original place it started in after the gun shot.

(My argument at least)

What do you think is the probability of that happening? Especially with the observed state of the casing.

I can't wait to see Juan turn Jodi into chopped meat!

Me either :great:

That short moment when he was questioning her about the letter she claims to have sent to Abe, I got so darn excited.

It gave me the same feeling I would have if my power was shut off by a boring snow storm that seemed endless and all of a sudden the lights, TV and heat comes on.

The look on Jodi's face was priceless as well. :floorlaugh: Her eyes were as big as dinner plates for a moment. She was not ready at all for Juan. She better get ready though. It's going to be a show down.

I would want to know how many times Travis invited Jodi to meet him vs how many times she just showed up.

I hope the prosecution does a time line showing us how long they actually dated and how long they were broken up and he was actively dating other people. The jury needs to have that in perspective, because her days and days of testimony, jumping back and forth in time, have made it seem like they were together for much longer than they really were. :moo:

I know exactly what you mean and what you are experiencing.
This has happened to me in a few situations and you just can't
shake the thoughts.
This case has started going in that same direction for me so I'm
trying to control it as well as I can.
The thoughts go from how could she do this to why oh why didn't
he heed the warning signs and listen to all those friends who said something just wasn't right with JA. Very sad....

The attack ie the gun shot was initiated in the shower because :
1) There is a very tight timeline by which one GSW to the head , 29 stab wound landed in the chest and abdomen , and a near decapitation (very very difficult to do) ALL within a span of some 2 minutes had to have occurred (based on the photo timeline)
2) For a relative petite JA to overpower a much larger TA JA needed him in a vulnerable relative defenseless position. I cannot think of a better strategy than to initiate killing TA while in a near fetal position inside a shower stall.
3) JA had the element of surprise. Why waste it by letting TA out of the shower stall?
4) Stabbing a person in a sitting position with his hands extended outward by a person who is standing upright to TA right side and who is LEFT HANDED makes NO SENSE. Try to enact this act yourself. Have somebody sit in a shower, awake and mobile. Then enact a knife attack with your left hand downward and into a the chest. First of all such an attack is awkward. Second it would be very difficult to get enough torque or kinetics energy to penetrate the chest through costal cartilage. If an initial knife attack came from a standing person it would have been much easier to do it with the RIGHT HAND. JA ‘ s injuries were appropriately on her left hand.
5) Realize the knife wounds- according to the ME report - to the chest did NOT traverse from up to down but rather entered the chest more in a horizontal direction- if not down to up!!!

Well, I'm not totally following this I admit because it's late at night and my brain is lagging. I don't think she is petite (for me that means height), and rage gives you a lot of adrenalin.

Why would the man be sitting in the shower to begin with? I just don't get it. No one normally sits in the shower. I have always felt that when he was sitting in the shower she had already stabbed him. And documented it on camera because I just imagine her being that sadistic. He was standing facing her in the shower, she attacked him and therefore the horizontal or down to up direction of the wounds. And he initially kept standing (after the shock in the shower that threw him into a seating position and she savoured it with a photo) as he tried to escape. He was way taller than her.

I imagine someone with a bullet to the head would be crawling.

I haven't been commenting in awhile,basically I'm just waiting for cross...Jodi on the stand for all this time has been soooo awful,since I'm one of the few that initially felt just a tad bit of sympathy for her I can assure everyone the defense strategy is totally working against her.I am against the death penalty morally but Jodi deserves nothing less.How dare they play this disgusting game of trying to vilify the victim?

thinking he starts in the shower, we see he got to the area in the bedroom where the large pool of blood is, then he ends up back in the shower slumped. With some of his own power, or dragged. Oddly (and photos are not the best online) if he was dragged, I was looking for bloody drag marks. I know he was bleeding a lot, but if you drag, then its a distinct look of something bloody dragging. (i maybe just didn't see it)

I was checking out an "incident" let's call it and it was important to note whether a dog (deceased) died outside and was dragged in and placed on his bed, where he was found, or if he walked to his bed on his own, laid down and died of natural causes. The consensus was "on his own, inside, natural causes" I disagree'd. Before anything was done, I got to check it out. My conclusion was he died outside, he was dragged in, subsequently the carpet was professionally shampoo'd and dried (or the big rented machine) 1. The redwood deck attached to the sliders he would have come in upon close inspection had his hair caught on several nails leading to the sliding door, It was immaculate so this would be new, and only done if he was dragged across the deck (the deck was washed, the hair was still there) White carpet around him was immaculate but crunchy as if freshly shampoo'd and dried. He was on his bed in such a way he would have to walk there and make footprints as we did when we touched this carpet that was freshly shampoo'd and dried and yet no dog paw prints were on the carpet, he was placed in bed, legs extended, rigor set in, not a natural position for him to lay in the first place. Probably blood or body fluid dragged in, then much clean up. And there he was on his own island with beautiful white carpet around him. Sorry, long dead dog story, but it was an important bit of info to know dog dead out and dragged in, or died in.. and I believe I was correct. I just give the facts, what they do with them is what they do. (dragging things and how a body moved fascinates me)

There were very distinct drag marks down the hallway from the bedroom back to the bathroom - smears of blood on the baseboards that indicate that he was dragged. There was also a clear path down the middle of he hall, with a great deal of blood on each side of the path, indicating that he was dragged down the middle on some type of sheet or something

Energy can be understood as a type of force. The release of energy is the result of work. In this case, work would be the bullet being shot from the gun carrying a certain amount of energy. This energy is transferred to the skull and brain as the bullet makes impact. The energy doesn't just stop once the bullet enters the skull, but it continues until it is used up. The effect the bullet has on the skull and brain tissue is a result of the energy being used up. I hope this makes sense. In physics, "for every action (bullet shot out of the gun) there is an equal and opposite reaction (result of impact with and penetration of skull and brain tissue). Even if the bullet did not enter brain tissue, there would be an energy that is transferred to the brain tissue that might be likened to shock waves. This energy would almost certainly cause trauma, bruising, etc. I am really having to reach into the cobwebs of my brain!

Are you talking about shock?

Agree, she wanted to punish him, she was out for blood and wanted him to suffer, and the gun wasn't enough to satisfy her rage.

Yep. Remember how she said she didn't kill Travis and even if she wanted to she would have used a gun (never a knife, she'd be incapable) to make it humane?

Well she could have just shot Travis if all she wanted to do was get rid of him permanently but she wanted more. Stabbing a man almost 30 times = extreme revenge and sadism.

Did this specimen say she felt like a used piece of toilet paper? WHAT? She has the gall to believe she is that good?

Here is the thing that might save her: Travis kept sleeping with her even after she had shown obvious signs that she was unstable. Most men would have run a mile and not responded to it .. Travis on the other hand argued with her about it and ended their official relationship, yet took it underground so they could keep sleeping with each other. The fact that this is what led up to the crime might just get her LWOP instead of the DP because there is some provocation in that. I can only assume the reason Travis did continue on is because he enjoyed the sex so much, but he should have known that Jodi was obviously interested in a lot more than just sex with him and withdrawn from her and found another sexual partner who was not as vulnerable and disturbed.

You only have her word for it. How reliable is that?

MOO

In the video that I had linked and was thanking another member for showing, I did see emotion. Slicing him from ear to ear did disturb her and I am sure she feels very sorry for herself that it does. I'm sure she is still angry at Travis for forcing her to go to such lengths by surviving as long as he did.

A normal person would be over taken by the emotions of their memory of just 1 horrific moment. In that video Jodi got upset when the true parts came to mind but she can compartmentalize, shut it right off and concentrate on the lie that needs to go in between. I can see it just by her animated emotions which stop when the lies come in.

Again I do feel she is sick, twisted, evil etc... however she is capable of emotions but it has to be really bad (like decapitating Travis) and she will always blame another, even the victim. Nothing is Jodi's fault. Not even her own emotions. Those rare ones that break through that dark mind of hers.

I stand by the fact that she relishes what she did. That she fakes the emotion. We will have to agree to disagree. She is not just sick and twisted, she is a psychopath, IMO.

Unless you mean she showed emotion at the fact that Travis was not dying quickly enough for her, but then I imagine an emotion like petulance, not a disturbance.

Yes they are legit. They have been in business for years now.

They not only sell policies for legal services but for identity theft too. They have over 400,000 people working for them. Even some counties and state government agencies use their services.

One of the defense attorneys on IS the other day said he has worked with them and they are legitimate.

IMO
Does anyone understand how she made any money in PPL? She doesn't ever mention clients or actually working, only travelling from state to state for events and meetups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest