Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were many calls between the two just before she got to Arizona. Almost all of them were started by Jodi. Only two came from him (out of 14 I think). IMO, she was trying to patch things up with Travis (probably with promises of sex), hoping to gain easy access to his house where she could carry out the murder in secrecy. If you recall, Travis sent that "3 hole wonder" email (the defense trump card, lol) on the 26th of May and Jodi staged the burglary on the 28th. That's when Jodi snapped and began formulating her plan which required easy access to his home. A break-in was decided against.

I also want to add that the calls between the two were initiated by Jodi in the early morning. This is not consistent with her claim that he was guilting her into visiting him. Expect the dialog of those calls to be almost completely fabricated.

I do not "like" Travis. I don't think he deserves the pedestal he has been placed on, at all. He
<modsnip>have every protection under the laws not to be murdered.

Nothing to do with anything Jodi said. I think she is lying...a lot. I had my say, though. I don't want to belabor the point since it's a side-issue, anyway. He didn't deserve it. Not at all.

How did you form your opinion on Travis' being a <modsnip> if not from Jodi's testimony?

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the letter or post by one of Travis close friends where he speaks about Jodi, church doctrine, and how he thinks Jodi had sex with him and murdered him quickly so he could not get right with God or repent?

I want to cross reference the letter with Jodi's testimony of talking to Rachel and telling her that they were having oral sex and what should she do. Rachel then says she must tell the bishop and to buckle her seatbelt so she doesn't die on her way to the bishop to repent. Does anyone remember which day that testimony was too?

TIA

I think it's possible that once Travis realized what JA was going to do, he very well could have started to pray at that point. In the photos, the one right after he has that surprised look on his face in the shower, he has his head bowed and his eyes closed. Also, JA said that he had gotten on his hands and knees, assuming this is true, maybe he was starting to pray at that point, and this was when she inflicted the first wounds. That would have been perfect in her warped, evil mind.

Just think of it, when he saw her with the gun, knife or both, what must have been going through his mind. That things could have gone so terribly wrong, gone so far, and that she really was as crazy dangerous as he was afraid she was. And for it all to have come down to this.

Unfortunately for psycho JA, God knew Travis' heart, He knew his struggles, and she had no power to interfere with what was going on between Travis and God. JA should be worrying about her own dark, empty soul at this point. This is my own belief of course, and jmo.

Since the floor mats had been removed from the car, my assumption was at least one of them had some blood transfer on it, most likely from her shoes. I would also speculate she changed clothes before leaving the house, and could have gotten the band-aids from Travis' house.

MOO

Hi panthera

I wonder if she got into the shower with his body and washed herself off, bandaged her hand and then left...

But none of those people dated him. I'm not sayin Travis was a bad PERSON, just a bad boyfriend. I know everyone has their own sexual fantasies, but I find his disrespectful. Jodi was obviously not a strong/stable woman, so she consented to anything he wanted. But Travis did lead a double life -- as the perfect guy to his friends, and as a sexual bad boy in private. I also think he should have been more direct/firm/honest with Jodi instead of letting her back in again and again for sex.

That said, anything he may have done pales in comparison to the evil that is Jodi Arias.

My ex-husband concealed his abusive nature EXPERTLY from everyone except me--his chosen toxic waste dump. As a matter of fact, he had a reputation among our friends as being a totally easy-going and laid-back guy. In the privacy of our home it was the exact opposite. He was crabby, insulting, extremely abusive, sarcastic and downright mean.

He knew exactly what he was doing, because though he would refuse to show me any affection or tenderness privately, he would change completely in front of his friends or parents, and become the most attentive, adoring, helpful guy.

His mom began to see through his facade. Once she came to town to help me paint and organize our kitchen. We worked our buts off every day cleaning, painting, decorating, etc.. Every day when he would come home from work, he would barely acknowledge what we were doing. She asked me if he was always like that, I had to answer yes.

When we finally divorced, his mother took me to lunch and asked me if I thought he was capable of loving anyone.

All this to say that it is very possible for people to live separate lives where they are really two different people.

I don't put Travis in the class with my ex though. I think we get a really good picture of Travis from the sex phone tape. He was silly, funny, goofy, tolerant, kind and sweet, and also very fond of sex. He didn't come off as abusive at all. He would have hung up very quickly after the deed was done instead of listening to her ramble so patiently, even though he was tired.

I think it's possible that once Travis realized what JA was going to do, he very well could have started to pray at that point. In the photos, the one right after he has that surprised look on his face in the shower, he has his head bowed and his eyes closed. Also, JA said that he had gotten on his hands and knees, assuming this is true, maybe he was starting to pray at that point, and this was when she inflicted the first wounds. That would have been perfect in her warped, evil mind.

Just think of it, when he saw her with the gun, knife or both, what must have been going through his mind. That things could have gone so terribly wrong, gone so far, and that she really was as crazy dangerous as he was afraid she was. And for it all to have come down to this.

Unfortunately for psycho JA, God knew Travis' heart, He knew his struggles, and she had no power to interfere with what was going on between Travis and God. JA should be worrying about her own dark, empty soul at this point. This is my own belief of course, and jmo.

Or he got down because she ordered him to, which explains the odd sitting position

I've been wanting to write about something related to this defense and it has to do with what this defense team attempts to normalize which also is a dovetail off what Betty Broderick tried to fly in justification for her heinous double murder.

Not only does this defense insult true domestic violence victims who are in fear of their lives on a daily basis but it also insults women, like me, who have navigated the world of dating complete with "bad boys" and all the dynamics we've survived and thrived through.

There are some very common dynamics that happen with men and women. So common that there are entire sections in bookstores devoted to them. There are movies devoted to them. Some of the best poetry ever written is inspired by them. The pursuit/retreat , Mars/Venus , "he's just not that in to you" , love and rejection dynamics.

It is very common for women to feel intimacy too soon and engage in sex way too soon thinking it's a springboard to a relationship. When in reality is the ending point for the man. As the pursuit he is naturally feeling ends with that act. Then men will distance and women will turn themselves in to pretzels to try and "get that feeling back". In reality, most of the time at that juncture, it's over. And the woman would be better served learning from her mistake and moving forward being more cautious in the future. I will say that I do know there are some instances when sex occurs quickly and the relationship thrives. But this is not the norm in dating in my opinion and most people are just "shopping" at that stage of dating and rarely does a man fall instantly like that and commit. It can happen but it's not the norm by any means. And I think men should not be penalized for wanting that pursuit. That's how they are wired. Women are smart to understand this.

Sometimes when this has happened, a man will stay involved with the woman just for the sex. People will generally "take" just as much as you are willing to give. If a woman acts like she's ok with this "friends with benefits" situation, then where is the man at fault? How does he know it's all strategic in her mind...some attempt to lure him back. But he's long gone and looking for the "new cow" (that's from an Ashley Judd movie Someone Like You that is based entirely on these dynamics). In my personal experience and , as a therapist and basically a woman on this planet with female friends, it is a VERY VERY rare occurrence for a woman to transition from falling in love with a man to this "casual sex" situation without an agenda and the associated constant heartbreak going on.

This was the dynamic Jodi and Travis were in. Yes, he "used" her. But she was playing along...calling him her "friend", apologizing for even mentioning "marriage" to him, escalating the sex. She was playing a game that is played all day long in our culture. This was not an unordinary dance. This, in my opinion, also does not equate abuse. Unless you call a woman devaluing herself by pretending and manipulating in this way self abusive. I know, I've done it. I'm not too proud to admit I've engaged in this behavior on more than one occasion to the detriment of my self esteem. It stems from a fear of abandonment and other things but it is not uncommon and not one side is to blame for it exclusively.

BUT....none of this dynamic. Not one single grain of it, equals a motive to murder.

Just like Betty Broderick. That's an old story too. Man leaves wife during mid life for a younger model. Well, yeah, that sucks. And it's also not a motive to murder. It's anger inducing yes. It's disappointing and devastating to some women. But a motive to murder? No. Never.

It's like this defense is saying "oh your feelings got hurt? Then it's ok to slaughter that person". That's basically what they are saying.

And really, how much do we blame Travis? She bent over backward to demonstrate to him she was ok with their arrangement. This is all over that tape. How is HE made to blame for this?

So, finally, she insults every true domestic abuse victim with this defense but also every woman who dug deep within herself and found the strength to pull herself out of a dynamic she actively engaged in putting herself in, cut her losses and stepped in to her future learning something about holding one's head up high and living a life that creates that "best revenge".

I don't care how many wooden spoons she claims from her childhood or naughty fantasies he served up. This defense adds up to one big fat insult to women.

And of course, it would be a man steering that ship right along with this sociopathic murderer.

Shame on them all.

Very true. Also to add...supposedly she has been cheated on and was the one doing the break up. Not this time.

I also think that people don't realize how dealing with a sociopath and/or psychopath is vastly different than dealing with a normal person, or even a person with a mental illness that can be treated with meds.

Travis reminds me a lot of me in my earlier years....with a sheltered religious life. Someone like him, without a lot of woman experience, is definite easy prey for someone like her. I was like that at one time.....while I never came in contact with a man like her I definitely got myself into some ugly situations and was completely naive and too trusting. I was a sitting duck for someone like her. So it isn't hard for me to see how someone can get wrapped up with a person like Jodi and not have the experience to fully realize how unsmart their choices were. Even a more worldly-wise person can be blindsided by someone like her. She isn't your normal brand of crazy even.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much by definition only a narcissistic sociopath could empathize with Jodi. Hopefully none of them made it on the jury.

Women who may have lowered themselves to FWB or FB relationships with men when they truly wanted more may see some of themselves in Jodi. They may even recognize a little of the whacko stalker in themselves. But they'll be screaming inside their head "I never even thought about violently murdering him."

Some men may think "I took advantage of someone who wanted more than FWB or FB" but they'll be screaming inside their heads "But no way did I deserve to be violently murdered."

So some juror identification with certain traits of Jodi's may be an advantage in convicting her.

The two jurors closest to Jodi won't even look at her testifying.

One female, one male.

I noted the male demonstrating that behavior the very first day she testified. He looks at Nurmi or straight ahead. He doesn't swivel his chair in her direction much less turn his head. It's almost like he couldn't sit there if he looked in her direction.

Then I heard beth K describe the woman closest to JA this last week demonstrating that exact stance.

I have complete confidence in this jury. There is just ONE man who concerns me but I don't exactly know what I'm reading so not gonna describe it. I think they are paying attention and they will come to the only reasonable conclusion here: conviction. Then I think they will find her crimes fit cruel, heinous and depraved and they will sentence her to death.

Very true. Also to add...supposedly she has been cheated on and was the one doing the break up. Not this time.

I also think that people don't realize how dealing with a sociopath and/or psychopath is vastly different than dealing with a normal person, or even a person with a mental illness that can be treated with meds.

Travis reminds me a lot of me in my earlier years....with a sheltered religious life. Someone like him, without a lot of woman experience, is definite easy prey for someone like her. I was like that at one time.....while I never came in contact with a man like her I definitely got myself into some ugly situations and was completely naive and too trusting. I was a sitting duck for someone like her. So it isn't hard for me to see how someone can get wrapped up with a person like Jodi and not have the experience to fully realize how unsmart their choices were. Even a more worldly-wise person can be blindsided by someone like her. She isn't your normal brand of crazy even.

I'm really hoping Juan Martinez counters their expert$ with his own, detailing sociopathy and predatory behavior...pointed directly at this murderer.

I do not "like" Travis. I don't think he deserves the pedestal he has been placed on, at all. He
is a total jerk in my opinion. However, complete jerks have every protection under the laws not to be murdered.

I have not gotten the impression from reading all the posts that TA has been placed on a pedestal. He, like all of us, had flaws. ITA, that all of us deserve every protection under the law to not be harmed. I also think TA was totally unaware of who he was dealing with in JA. I do not think he expected to pay with his life for being a "complete jerk".

It angers me greatly when I hear of women who were raped because they were dressing provocatively and "asking for it" or about children that were molested because, well I can't even go there.

I am not sure of exactly what you meant in your post, but please rest assured that we bear witness to all the victims in this case. Respectfully IMO

What time does court start on Tuesday ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. That alone, the fact that he did not allow her to camp out at his place, must have infuriated her beyond belief. I can't believe that she moved to Mesa AFTER they had split. It makes NO SENSE to me whatsoever. I can't figure out if she ever "lived" with him "officially". Has this ever come out because it sounds to me like she never did???

I have thought the same thing, so have to believe it was so she could stalk and spy on him.

And I think she went back to Yreka when she did so she could distance herself from the crime, strengthen her alibi and make it easier to lie about being there when the crime took place.

Gosh I love the quote from Katie you referenced. Travis' biggest mistake was taking Jodi completely at face value.

I think sometimes posts that are anything but reverential regarding TA's character are seen as assertions that he deserved to be murdered.

I haven't seen anyone here say TA deserved to die.

And I can only speak for myself, but a great deal of my distaste for TA came from his own blog posts, videos of his speeches and MS comments and picture captions before the trial even started! So JA's stories and the icky sex talk plus Lisa's testimony were all after my basic opinion was formed.

Just because the guy was murdered doesn't mean he wasn't a hypocrite.

Sorry you got slammed for saying that. It's happened to me too. :)

BBM

I think people, including me, might be sensitive to that notion is because that's exactly what the defense is hoping for here. That even one juror might not "like" Travis Alexander, find him a "pedophile", "abusive" and someone who deserved to be murdered.

That is exactly what they are hoping for with this defense.

It's unconscienable in my opinion. How true victims get revictimized in court.

I think sometimes posts that are anything but reverential regarding TA's character are seen as assertions that he deserved to be murdered.

Calling the victim a complete and total jerk is a complete polar opposite to your assertion about "anything but reveretial".

Especially in a victim friendly forum and I find it disgusting. My opinion.

folks: do NOT discuss posts from the site that cannot be linked. :nono: :nurse:

I think Travis was fully responsible for his own actions, and he thought he knew what he was doing.

I think the same, except I transposed the names,--- Jodi IS fully responsible for her actions and she knew what she was doing and what she did when she murdered in cold blood. My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DebsDaughter