Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all have acted like a "jerk" at some point or another in our lives. If a couple of girls were talking about a guy that was being a "jerk" to one of us, we would probably advise that girl to move on. Could what Travis said to JA be considered "disrespectful", yes. However, there was something preventing JA from moving on. IMO, she was so desperate to keep him and insinuate herself in his life even further. She wanted to "matter" as so many of us do, and was unwilling to take his cues. However, no matter how big of a jerk a guy can be, he does not deserve to be brutally murdered. Respectfully IMO

Yep. This is quite evident in the letter she wrote to him where she is practically deifying Travis and wishing that he would do the same for her. That wouldn't come from a battered woman, but from someone who was obsessed.

His friends confirmed that many of them, including Jodi, knew the garage keypad code, then the garage door opens and the door to the house was always unlocked

Thank you. I had totally missed the part about everyone knowing the garage code, and was thinking of one which only used a remote.

:)

I don't think he knew she was on her way. Hey, didn't she have her phone off during her whole time in AZ? And phone records would show if she called him (her records, his records) and we haven't heard about that yet...have we? Just checking to make sure I haven't missed that part, LOL

I would think that if he was looking forward to her visiting him and she was driving alone in the middle of the night, that there would be calls between them, just checking on her status...like what she said happened, but that I don't think evidence will prove happened...again, because she was careful to have her cellphone off the whole time in AZ.

I would LOVE to know if they found a call from her to him that day like she says! I'm sure we could figure it out.. Anyone? Was it ever confirmed?

I've been wanting to write about something related to this defense and it has to do with what this defense team attempts to normalize which also is a dovetail off what Betty Broderick tried to fly in justification for her heinous double murder.

Not only does this defense insult true domestic violence victims who are in fear of their lives on a daily basis but it also insults women, like me, who have navigated the world of dating complete with "bad boys" and all the dynamics we've survived and thrived through.

There are some very common dynamics that happen with men and women. So common that there are entire sections in bookstores devoted to them. There are movies devoted to them. Some of the best poetry ever written is inspired by them. The pursuit/retreat , Mars/Venus , "he's just not that in to you" , love and rejection dynamics.

It is very common for women to feel intimacy too soon and engage in sex way too soon thinking it's a springboard to a relationship. When in reality is the ending point for the man. As the pursuit he is naturally feeling ends with that act. Then men will distance and women will turn themselves in to pretzels to try and "get that feeling back". In reality, most of the time at that juncture, it's over. And the woman would be better served learning from her mistake and moving forward being more cautious in the future. I will say that I do know there are some instances when sex occurs quickly and the relationship thrives. But this is not the norm in dating in my opinion and most people are just "shopping" at that stage of dating and rarely does a man fall instantly like that and commit. It can happen but it's not the norm by any means. And I think men should not be penalized for wanting that pursuit. That's how they are wired. Women are smart to understand this.

Sometimes when this has happened, a man will stay involved with the woman just for the sex. People will generally "take" just as much as you are willing to give. If a woman acts like she's ok with this "friends with benefits" situation, then where is the man at fault? How does he know it's all strategic in her mind...some attempt to lure him back. But he's long gone and looking for the "new cow" (that's from an Ashley Judd movie Someone Like You that is based entirely on these dynamics). In my personal experience and , as a therapist and basically a woman on this planet with female friends, it is a VERY VERY rare occurrence for a woman to transition from falling in love with a man to this "casual sex" situation without an agenda and the associated constant heartbreak going on.

This was the dynamic Jodi and Travis were in. Yes, he "used" her. But she was playing along...calling him her "friend", apologizing for even mentioning "marriage" to him, escalating the sex. She was playing a game that is played all day long in our culture. This was not an unordinary dance. This, in my opinion, also does not equate abuse. Unless you call a woman devaluing herself by pretending and manipulating in this way self abusive. I know, I've done it. I'm not too proud to admit I've engaged in this behavior on more than one occasion to the detriment of my self esteem. It stems from a fear of abandonment and other things but it is not uncommon and not one side is to blame for it exclusively.

BUT....none of this dynamic. Not one single grain of it, equals a motive to murder.

Just like Betty Broderick. That's an old story too. Man leaves wife during mid life for a younger model. Well, yeah, that sucks. And it's also not a motive to murder. It's anger inducing yes. It's disappointing and devastating to some women. But a motive to murder? No. Never.

It's like this defense is saying "oh your feelings got hurt? Then it's ok to slaughter that person". That's basically what they are saying.

And really, how much do we blame Travis? She bent over backward to demonstrate to him she was ok with their arrangement. This is all over that tape. How is HE made to blame for this?

So, finally, she insults every true domestic abuse victim with this defense but also every woman who dug deep within herself and found the strength to pull herself out of a dynamic she actively engaged in putting herself in, cut her losses and stepped in to her future learning something about holding one's head up high and living a life that creates that "best revenge".

I don't care how many wooden spoons she claims from her childhood or naughty fantasies he served up. This defense adds up to one big fat insult to women.

And of course, it would be a man steering that ship right along with this sociopathic murderer.

Shame on them all.

Since the floor mats had been removed from the car, my assumption was at least one of them had some blood transfer on it, most likely from her shoes. I would also speculate she changed clothes before leaving the house, and could have gotten the band-aids from Travis' house.

MOO

A blooding shoe print was left at the crime scene.

So why even mention that Travis was a jerk if you agree that it's not justification for killing him?

As one of the people in the "not a big fan of Travis" club, I'll try to answer this. I brought it up only because if some of us here are feeling this way, then some of the female jurors could also be feeling this way. They may even go a step further and feel empathy for Jodi. That possibility scares the bejeezus out of me!

BBM re: "... JA never said "ninjas" ...:

I missed the post that clarified this. Could someone please direct me OR provide poster name who stated this OR summarize where the term "ninjas" came from? TIA

Note: I know JA provided description of "intruders" with beanies and holes for eyes, mouths. Did talking heads first use the "ninjas" term or some clever WSer? TIA

I have no idea where it came from! Sounds like a NG thing, tho. :lol:

Maybe someone who posts more frequently than I will know where "ninjas" came from. :waitasec:

I would LOVE to know if they found a call from her to him that day like she says! I'm sure we could figure it out.. Anyone? Was it ever confirmed?

I'm with ya!

Wasn't it said somewhere that from 6/2 - 6/4 or 6/5 (eeek, can't remember the specific time period!), she called him 14 times and he called her 2 times.
But what I'm not sure is if the call logs have been released yet? Has anyone seen them?

(I so wish my work would cooperate on trial days so I could watch it in its entirety, LOL. Then again, maybe not during her direct, ha!)

Unless she had a second phone there is no record of calling him. In fact her own phone was turned off so as not to give any indication she was in Arizona.

I believe she is fabricating the dialogue with him, unless something close to it happened after she got inside his house. Still curious, however, just how she did get inside, unless there was a side door into the garage/house that was unlocked.

MOO

Doggie door? She did this before.

That's what it looks like to me, too. I imagine her thinking, "My gosh, why won't you just die!!" I mean, just how many times did she have to kill him? Brings tears to my eyes what happened here.

yes, me too. And when I've said "fighting for his life" I have never meant that in a way as if he was standing and fending her off and swinging his arms and yelling at her.. I meant "he won't die" as fast as she wanted. His legs moved/slow crawl, or tried to bring the knee up to the chest/fetal position, or he moaned, or a hand moved so she stabbed it, or poked or sliced...

And as far as fast goes, 4 to 5 minutes is about the time we're talking from alive to not alive. Not a far fetched amount of time for a 5' 9" almost 200 lb young healthy male to take to bleed out. Especially when caught in a surprise attack.

The actions Jodi told you about?

Nothing to do with anything Jodi said. I think she is lying...a lot. I had my say, though. I don't want to belabor the point since it's a side-issue, anyway. He didn't deserve it. Not at all.

There were many calls between the two just before she got to Arizona. Almost all of them were started by Jodi. Only two came from him (out of 14 I think). IMO, she was trying to patch things up with Travis (probably with promises of sex), hoping to gain easy access to his house where she could carry out the murder in secrecy. If you recall, Travis sent that "3 hole wonder" email (the defense trump card, lol) on the 26th of May and Jodi staged the burglary on the 28th. That's when Jodi snapped and began formulating her plan which required easy access to his home. A break-in was decided against.

Great post! :seeya:

I think so too! She is one sick puppy the way she premeditated this whole ending to Travis' life. I have no doubt she derived much pleasure and satisfaction from plotting his demise in careful detail. Her only problem was thinking she was smarter than your average murderer - there were several details that revealed her involvement, so she wasn't, and still isn't, as smart as se would like us to believe. Juan will rip her story to shreds once he has his turn, and I personally can't wait! :great: I've had more than enough of her "stardom" :banghead:

Hi Makayla,
Thanks. i was off the computer until now. I don't care to watch her testimony about the murder...though I am sure I will....because it will be lies. But the day of her cross by JM, I will have my front row seat here at home! Katiecoo said IS would only show two hours a day of testimony beginning march 4th. Hope my computer is working well! I don't want to miss Juan!

I think we all have acted like a "jerk" at some point or another in our lives. If a couple of girls were talking about a guy that was being a "jerk" to one of us, we would probably advise that girl to move on. Could what Travis said to JA be considered "disrespectful", yes. However, there was something preventing JA from moving on. IMO, she was so desperate to keep him and insinuate herself in his life even further. She wanted to "matter" as so many of us do, and was unwilling to take his cues. However, no matter how big of a jerk a guy can be, he does not deserve to be brutally murdered. Respectfully IMO

You are so right.

It's important to keep in mind that, although Travis did have defensive wounds, he was not able to put up much of a fight at all. His defensive wounds consist of a couple of fairly shallow cuts on one hand -- given the number of times he was stabbed, if he was able to remain conscious and put up a fight throughout the stabbing, we would expect to see many more defensive wounds. The most he was able to do was get his hand up or make one attempt to grab the knife.

Whatever attack came first, it had to have been a major blow that almost completely incapacitated him.

ITA it's almost as though it was a shocking pain and he was more trying to grab the knife while inside his body, rather than from her hand. He had wounds on both hands and JA is a lefty. If that makes sense...

I have no idea where it came from! Sounds like a NG thing, tho. :lol:

Maybe someone who posts more frequently than I will know where "ninjas" came from. :waitasec:

:) I think Ninja's is made up by someone, in the interview she describes them dressed "like that" Just appeared in the bathroom when she is crouched taking pictures of him.. She looks at her camera for a moment and then a loud ringing noise (the alleged gunshot to Travis above the eye) Then she said she got knocked out (right here? points to the back of her fake head)

then woke up moments later and could hear Travis screaming "ahhhhhhhhhh" just yelling that, no words, and she looks up, he is sitting in the bottom of the shower, holding the right side of his head screaming. Jody claims to lean in, put her hand on his back lovingly and ask "are you ok are you ok" She then describes female assailant (aka ninja #1 the stern one) pull him out and pull/drag him to the bedroom

As one of the people in the "not a big fan of Travis" club, I'll try to answer this. I brought it up only because if some of us here are feeling this way, then some of the female jurors could also be feeling this way. They may even go a step further and feel empathy for Jodi. That possibility scares the bejeezus out of me!

<modsnip> Hopefully none of them made it on the jury.

Women who may have lowered themselves to FWB or FB relationships with men when they truly wanted more may see some of themselves in Jodi. They may even recognize a little of the whacko stalker in themselves. But they'll be screaming inside their head "I never even thought about violently murdering him."

Some men may think "I took advantage of someone who wanted more than FWB or FB" but they'll be screaming inside their heads "But no way did I deserve to be violently murdered."

So some juror identification with certain traits of Jodi's may be an advantage in convicting her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx