Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does not look like "Airfare" to me

I have looked and looked, tried to blow up the image, clean it up, had my DH look, but am not really getting anywhere.
All I *think* I can see is an "as" at the end. I am curious how much a new set of tires cost for TA's Prius, or his GF's car at that time?

scratch that: tire slashing happened in 07

If she had been able to sneak in and shoot him, and leave immediately, she might have gotten away with it. She would not have been so late arriving in Utah and she would not have left the incriminating palm prints, hair and photos. But I think her obsession with him got in the way of that. Oh, and her RAGE>

Let's not forget her LOVE of yacking ceaselessly. smh

I think it's a possibility because their case is so weak. The less they say the better. I'm pretty sure that JM can question her about that day. I think she'll try to appear dazed, weak and forgetful. I expect some shaking, shivering and crying too. It should be interesting to see what sort of act she puts up when JM is finally given his chance.

I can see her crying! Shivering! Visualizing her doing the chihuahua jerk

I am not saying he was a suspect at all. But he WAS the first person the murderess had contact with after the murders....that we know of.

Except that Gus Searcy says that JA called him sobbing about Travis being dead the morning of June 5, so he asked her if she needed a ride. [With apologies to Manfred Mann's Earth Band, ref. "Blinded By The Light"]

Are you and I the primary users of the term "murderess" on this forum?

I have been reading the different WS forums on this crime and reviewed the photobucket photos of TA's injuries. I can't get over the use of the knife. Think about how depraved someone must be to cut someone's throat. TA's back just doesn't have stab marks but has slice marks. It looks to me that TA was tortured before he was killed. I think JA was much further into witchcraft than she lets on.
The absolute backbone of the Wiccan faith is this: 'An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will'. Many who practice wicca warn against ever harming others because there is a deep-seated belief what you put out into the universe comes back onto you. Karma, divine retribution, kismet.

It is by far, one of the most beautiful and peaceful spiritual concepts known. I can assure you fewer wars have been fought in its name as well. It's roots are deeply buried in nature - a belief that we, as humans, can find balance and harmony in the world surrounding us...but we must also be careful to protect it as well.

Evil, hatred, bloodshed, and rage do not find their roots in wicca. Those are blights upon society entrenched much deeper than any spirituality. As far as 'spellcasting' goes, which some wiccans practice, while others do not - I see that as very much an enhanced form of positive thinking. Some folks use a dream board - some wiccans use rocks, flowers, incense, etc. related to certain natural properties (e.g. water, fire, earth, air).

HTH to alleviate a few misconceptions.

I am certain that Jodi's murder of Travis was premeditated. I believe that was the sole purpose of her trip and that everything else that she did on the trip was to create her alibi.

Somehow, the murder trip took longer than Jodi expected it would. When she rented the car on 6/3/08, she planned to return it at 8AM on Fri 6/6. At some point, she changed the return date & time to Sat 6/7 at 9:30AM. She didn't actually return it until just after 1PM on 6/7. (http://bit.ly/Vg36yn & http://bit.ly/WQKWnW).

Ryan expected her at ~10AM Wed 6/4. She called him saying that she was en route 6/3 between 9-10PM. In this call Jodi already knew that she was going to use the "I got lost" story to explain why she didn't arrive in UT when she said she was going to.

Using estimated time from Google maps, the trip from Pasadena to SLC* would have been ~9.75 hrs (684 mi). Adding a stop in Mesa, the quickest that Jodi could have gotten to SLC would have bee ~16.25 hrs (1071 mi).

When she first planned to have the car back by 8AM on Fri, she would have had to leave Ryan's by ~8PM on Thurs to make the 11.5 hr (767 mi).

The trip from Travis' to Ryan's would take ~10.75 hrs (684 mi). Jodi left Travis' shortly before 6PM Wed 6/4 and she arrived at Ryan's at 10AM Thurs. This gave Jodi ~5.25 hrs to nap and get rid of the knife, gun, her clothes, etc. This seems reasonable to me.

I think that she wasn't planning on being at Travis' house as long as she was there. The earliest that she could have gotten there, if she left Pasadena after calling Ryan (betw 9-10PM 6/3), is between 2:30 - 3:30AM 6/4 (388 mi, 5.5 hrs).

I now think that Jodi's original plan was to show up unannounced in the middle of the night, catch him sleeping, kill him and leave. I don't think she expected him to be up on his computer when she arrived and that she had to revise her plans at this point.

Looking at things this way, I no longer think Jodi ever had any thoughts other than killing Travis. I do not think that something happened in the bathroom that triggered her flipping out. The afternoon of sex was an improvisation that she had not anticipated. This makes Jodi's actions even more horrifying to me. She knew she was going to kill him the whole time they were napping, having sex & playing sex games.

*I am substituting Salt Lake City for West Jordan because they are very close to each other

so why did she buy (so much!) KY lubricant if she wasn't planning on having sex? and since it was on the bed, we know she had it out of her backpack/purse, whether they used it or not..

Yes, it's embarrassing to say the least. It reflects on her being stupid or a bad planner. She's worries about her reputation, after all. Gosh, now everybody pretty much knows she's a stupid photographer and killer.

She'll be trying to find someone else to blame for leaving the camera. Hope she wrestles with her stupidity for the rest of her days on earth in a cell by herself...in the quiet with no one to listen to her.

Didn't? Jodi say! In one of her tv interviews
That the reason she smiled when having her mug shot taken! Why not! Something to the effect! That Travis would have liked it? Not verbatim! But you get my drift:seeya:

so why did she buy (so much!) KY lubricant if she wasn't planning on having sex? and since it was on the bed, we know she had it out of her backpack/purse, whether they used it or not..

And she remembered to pack it and take it with her... She's so frugal ya know;). Wonder if she whipped it out at Ryan's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe thats confirmed to be airfare (or anything else).

Agree. My daughter pointed out that none of the "A"s look the same....her opinion. She thinks the memo word is in a different handwriting. Of course she is only 12--but she has no preconceived ideas/ knowledge about any part of this case. She thought the word said "Aries"--like the horoscope sign :shrug:

Personally, I think her goose is cooked. She did, maybe, have some sympathetic supporters. After the day she showed up in court, and it was obvious she was crying, again I feared support, sympathy. But after the day went on and the full sex tape was played and we saw through her, it was clear as day that she cried because she lost the chance to play snipits to make Travis look bad. That tape allowed us to hear and humanize Travis and her. What we heard was a complete 360 of what they show us in court. I think she knew she was done.

I am confident that once Juan gets up there, he will quietly, gently show her lies and break her. I don't think he will be there for long....only 3 questions will seal her fate:
1) did you stab him, shoot him, then slice his throat?
2) did you die your hair, rent a car, turn off your phone and drive to Travis house?
3) did you love him? Love him so deeply that if you didn't have him you didn't want him to be with any one else?

He doesn't really have to do much. The dense ...I mean defense have done it all.
H just has to reshow those pictures and ask the jury if ANYTHING merits killing someone over and over again?? As for the DP, she drove into another mans arms and acted normal after doing this. This is an animal and the world will nev be safe with her around. The men will get it....the men will not feel sorry for her and will see the light.

Sorry for rambling....but I have been waiting so long to get in here...:blushing:

IIRC, the receipt was for two containers, not the kerosene itself.

:)
AhHa! Thank you so much for catching that! :blushing: Maybe that's at least one little thing I'll stop obsessing over! There seems to be no end of questions in my mind that I'm sure we'll never really know for sure about. I've gotta say tho, there are so many brilliant minds at work on this site, & I'm constantly amazed at how very many details come up that I was totally unaware of. Seriously, HLN should have a websleuth segment! I learn so much more here with some of the best detective work & more logical theroies as any of their shows! I also appreciate the way we can interject & correct eachother without an attitude & before someone picks up that ball & rolls with it! I see that happen WAY too often on there for me to be comfortable! I'm gonna try to take a break from commenting till Tues & just read some more! :seeya:

I'm to the point of dreading tuesday... I just want to hear her explain away the relevant stuff! Like stealing the gun... And the murder/ self defense nonsense.

I wish someone could just call me when that happens. I can't take more days of Jodi's inane droning and her boring and slow as hell lawyer talking.

AhHa! Thank you so much for catching that! :blushing: Maybe that's at least one little thing I'll stop obsessing over! There seems to be no end of questions in my mind that I'm sure we'll never really know for sure about. I've gotta say tho, there are so many brilliant minds at work on this site, & I'm constantly amazed at how very many details come up that I was totally unaware of. Seriously, HLN should have a websleuth segment! I learn so much more here with some of the best detective work & more logical theroies as any of their shows! I also appreciate the way we can interject & correct eachother without an attitude & before someone picks up that ball & rolls with it! I see that happen WAY too often on there for me to be comfortable! I'm gonna try to take a break from commenting till Tues & just read some more! :seeya:

IMO HLN often rips verbatim from here and never gives credit. So yeah... The producers read here.

I'm to the point of dreading tuesday... I just want to hear her explain away the relevant stuff! Like stealing the gun... And the murder/ self defense nonsense.

I wish someone could just call me when that happens. I can't take more days of Jodi's inane droning and her boring and slow as hell lawyer talking.

I am chomping the bit for Tuesday! Having Withdraw! I just hope no one is sick!

BTW, what does IIRC mean?

I'm with ya!

Wasn't it said somewhere that from 6/2 - 6/4 or 6/5 (eeek, can't remember the specific time period!), she called him 14 times and he called her 2 times.
But what I'm not sure is if the call logs have been released yet? Has anyone seen them?

(I so wish my work would cooperate on trial days so I could watch it in its entirety, LOL. Then again, maybe not during her direct, ha!)

bbm
Aha! DAWG -- You've hit upon it!! To watch or not to watch... Those of us who are able to watch it all day long (which really is only from 10:30 -- 3:30MST or something like that with about 1.5 hrs for lunch plus watching IS or HLN as well) do watch it & then we wonder, "Why? That was 6 hours of my life I'll never get back. What an idiot I am!" Or at least I do -- when JA is on the stand, that is. <gag>

It's like baking a pan of brownies and you eat the whole batch, or nearly, and then realize you're gonna gain about 70 lbs because you did. "Why did I make that dayam batch of brownies -- now look what I've done." But I must say that eating a pan of brownies is much better -- scroo the weight gain -- than watching Nurmi and Jodi go at it for days & daze & days & daze & days. But we will be rewarded -- our Juanderful Prosecutor will have her all to himself sooner or later.
icon10.gif

So your work -- and here's hoping you enjoy it, DEPUTY, is not such a bad alternative -- but you really must record Juan's cross, that is if we get to it before the world comes to an end.
icon12.gif

I just had this image of Jodi mistakenly thinking the camera was in some bundle of bloody clothes with the other stuff. Just a simple mistake on her part where she really thought she had the camera. She gets out to a remote spot to burn/bury them, and finds out then that the camera isn't there. Can you imagine!

If that was the case, she chickened out in not driving back to Mesa, and sneaking back into the house to look for the camera. IDK, I just find the camera and the pics the oddest.

Things did not go as neatly as she pre-planned. I mean she tries to tell in interrogation how she knows the best way to kill, so she's in essence saying things didn't go as easy peazy as she had planned. She'd wear gloves, she'd do it humanely, and she would be sure to take the camera with her, you'd think. It was Travis's camera though, so Jodi probably say she doesn't steal.

Just occurred to me that LE found the camera, etc. in the washing machine, which means none of the room mates had used the laundry area that entire time. Seems kind of odd, but, oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1