Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #38 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't get me wrong...*i* would have zero problem voting guilty. But I would bet my last dollar some moron on a jury would not believe she did it or acted alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on many juries, and am convinced there is about a 15% knucklehead rate. I truly believe there are nuts on many juries who hold out and vote the opposite of everyone else simply because they love having all the attention directed their way. MO.

I have been on many juries, and am convinced there is about a 15% knucklehead rate. I truly believe there are nuts on many juries who hold out and vote the opposite of everyone else simply because they love having all the attention directed their way. MO.

This right here describes a gut feeling concern I have about just one of the jurors on this case. I could be wrong though and I hope I am. And if I'm right, I hope he ends up as an alternate. I'll be watching for that.

IMHO, TA did not have a sexual relationship until 30 years of age. I feel like it was almost teenage like in comparison. He didn't know HOW to handle that type of relationship. It felt good but the person he was doing it with was a total nutjob. I don't know that he could easily distinguish what he had going on with JA. at first.

I think TA was a normal guy who did not resist temptation with JA ... and I think JA was pushing for that. I resist the idea that TA was the aggresser. Once JA did push the boundaries, I do think TA was a willing partner in that.

A double life for sure for him for awhile. I imagine it weighed heavily on him in private especially around May 18th, when he wrote the blog.

He definitely did not deserve to die, that is for sure. IMHO, he got caught up in something that most people experience in their teens and he did not cope well because he did not really have the experience before. Sex or a person like JA

Kelly

So well put and I completely agree. TA may have been worldly in other areas of his life but sexually inexperienced compared to JA. Its easy to imagine that he was simply following her lead. Sure he'd had other girlfriends but she was most likely his first and only walk on the freaky side and it makes me wonder if he might even have exaggerated his interest in the "unusual" just because he felt she'd be more apt to know what was supposed to be "hot".

Perception is a funny thing. We all heard the same recorded phone call, yet while some seem to have heard a voice that gave off slimy/perverted vibes, I heard a tired guy that happens to have a deep/low voice. And I am the only one that thought he didnt really seem to be all that into it? As phone sex goes, that was pretty lackadaisical (er, I mean from what Ive heard about phone sex...) They actually talked about other things during it, and IMS at one point she forgot she meant to go again and had to "get back into the groove".

Sorry for the winded post - had no idea I had so much to say on that subject lol

Zuri

I wanted to tell you also how sorry I am about the murder of your brother and the loss of your father.
I felt the hurt in your post earlier and wanted to tell then. I didn't because I'm still in the same car I've been in since 7am and knew my post would be a mess but..I can't not tell you, so I just ask that you forgive my clumsiness.

I can't say that I know how you feel because I've never had someone stolen from me. I did lose my mother way too early to cancer when she was only 38 and I remember being angry at even the sun for having the audacity to rise on a world that she was no longer in. I can only guess at the rage and hurt you've had to endure when a living thinking person caused your brother to be ripped out of your life. I am so sorry for it all.
Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

This right here describes a gut feeling concern I have about just one of the jurors on this case. I could be wrong though and I hope I am. And if I'm right, I hope he ends up as an alternate. I'll be watching for that.

How does AZ decide who the final 12 will be and who the alternates are? Luck of the draw or additional voir dire?

She will write letters and poetry and draw all day long to her many admirers out there. But she will still sit alone in a TINY cell (Each cell at Browning Unit is 11 feet, 7 inches by 7 feet, 9 inches, a total of 86.4 square feet. Each cell at the Lumley Unit is 12 feet by 7 feet, 2 inches, a total of 86.4 square feet. ) for 23 hours each day. And when she gets out of her cell, she will still be alone.

Some AZ Death row stats here:

http://www.azcorrections.gov/dr_faq.aspx

alone is the best thing for her.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

How does AZ decide who the final 12 will be and who the alternates are? Luck of the draw or additional voir dire?

It's a random draw. But the alternates have to still abide by the rules right up until the (guilty) verdict is rendered.

Thank you.

I almost never think of her killers anymore. Tonite though I went looking for the first time in years and see the "mentally retarded" one is now in a totally different facility in Tucson vs. where his brother is housed outside Florence. They will never see each other or speak to each other again vs being very close to each other for 20 years and in communication. There's some satisfaction in that. Be careful what you ask for, right?

Also I note an inmate was murdered in the facility the "mentally retarded" one is housed in in 2010. Hmmmm.....things sometimes have a way of working their own selves out.

Yes ma'am, some things do work themselves out sometimes.

She will write letters and poetry and draw all day long to her many admirers out there. But she will still sit alone in a TINY cell (Each cell at Browning Unit is 11 feet, 7 inches by 7 feet, 9 inches, a total of 86.4 square feet. Each cell at the Lumley Unit is 12 feet by 7 feet, 2 inches, a total of 86.4 square feet. ) for 23 hours each day. And when she gets out of her cell, she will still be alone.

Some AZ Death row stats here:

http://www.azcorrections.gov/dr_faq.aspx

1. Thanks for all of your insight on here! Despite your horrific personal experiences with your sister's death and the system itself, it's incredibly inspiring to see you are proactive in so many ways (not just through this trial).

2. I heard today that OJ has a tv in his cell and hosted a superbowl party for a few prisoners. My immediate thoughts went to JA and how I hope her life will not continue to be full of 'inmate idol' or anything social at all really. I hate knowing she receives so much attention in there. Rather telling tho that the first time in her life she has any girlfriends is while she's in the clink!!

I don't believe she would have told Travis she was coming, because what if he told someone else? Wouldn't that defeat all of her efforts to pretend she wasn't even in Arizona. JMO

It's a random draw. But the alternates have to still abide by the rules right up until the (guilty) verdict is rendered.

I like that bc that way all of them have to be completely invested!! I also very much like that the jury can ask questions!! Too bad more states don't do that!!

So well put and I completely agree. TA may have been worldly in other areas of his life but sexually inexperienced compared to JA. Its easy to imagine that he was simply following her lead. Sure he'd had other girlfriends but she was most likely his first and only walk on the freaky side and it makes me wonder if he might even have exaggerated his interest in the "unusual" just because he felt she'd be more apt to know what was supposed to be "hot".

Perception is a funny thing. We all heard the same recorded phone call, yet while some seem to have heard a voice that gave off slimy/perverted vibes, I heard a tired guy that happens to have a deep/low voice. And I am the only one that thought he didnt really seem to be all that into it? As phone sex goes, that was pretty lackadaisical (er, I mean from what Ive heard about phone sex...) They actually talked about other things during it, and IMS at one point she forgot she meant to go again and had to "get back into the groove".

Sorry for the winded post - had no idea I had so much to say on that subject lol
nope, you are not alone. I had work when they played this in court so I watched it, along with other testimony this week and my first impression was his tiredness and that he tried to stear the conversation to normal things in the beginning. I even noticed him yawning within the first couple minutes. Jodi kept bringing the freak into it andeventually he joined her. Nothing off to me about that part either. They like dirty talk, big deal.

I am a long time reader here, first time poster. A couple of things that have been bugging me.

JA claims that TA broke her finger and that he even made a splint for it with popsicle sticks. If this was true, and she had her finger in the splint, wouldn't her finger be permanently straight and unable to bend, instead of permanently bent and unable to straighten out?

JA has stated many times that she was monogamous but I seem to recall that when she testified about previous boyfriends, (can't remember if it was Victor or Matt or ???) that Nurmi asked her if they broke up because he cheated on her and she said "we both cheated". Does anyone else remember this?

And finally, about the whole sex tape thing, she has now testified that she lied on the tape because she thought her responses would please TA. How do we know that TA didn't lie about his fantasies because she was so into all the kinky stuff? I actually think that the tape sounded very juvenile and I agree with a previous poster that TA seemed less experienced than JA, kinda like a kid with a new toy. The most embarrassing thing about the sex tape was the singing! Make it stop!

I am a long time reader here, first time poster. A couple of things that have been bugging me.

JA claims that TA broke her finger and that he even made a splint for it with popsicle sticks. If this was true, and she had her finger in the splint, wouldn't her finger be permanently straight and unable to bend, instead of permanently bent and unable to straighten out?

JA has stated many times that she was monogamous but I seem to recall that when she testified about previous boyfriends, (can't remember if it was Victor or Matt or ???) that Nurmi asked her if they broke up because he cheated on her and she said "we both cheated". Does anyone else remember this?

And finally, about the whole sex tape thing, she has now testified that she lied on the tape because she thought her responses would please TA. How do we know that TA didn't lie about his fantasies because she was so into all the kinky stuff? I actually think that the tape sounded very juvenile and I agree with a previous poster that TA seemed less experienced than JA, kinda like a kid with a new toy. The most embarrassing thing about the sex tape was the singing! Make it stop!

Welcome to Websleuths!

I don't remember "we both cheated" was it on the tape interview with detective Flores or while she was on the stand? Just trying to refresh my memory. :)

:welcome::wagon:

I believe it was on the stand and Nurmi was questioning her. Wish I could remember which BF it was I really don't want to listen to all her blathere again.

Great first post. :welcome: to WS. :fireworks:

1) I've read from other posters that it isn't even always bent. Admittedly,I can't verify that because I don't get to watch trail everyday.

3) I wholly agree with you. He was talking freaky with her because he thought that's what she wanted. Moo

But to all of it, Jodi less and less and less some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members