jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but there was one funny thing that happened yesterday: When Juan was questioning JA about her fog and she was having a hard time remembering, Juan said, "Well, it's your fog."

I was cracking up when he asked her about having her eyes closed. She said she couldn't remember if she had her eyes closed or just blinked hard! :lol: I thought, who does she think she is, Jeannie? :lol:

who runs at someone with their head turned sideways??!!!!

comical!!!!

Seriously! Juan either missed it or decided to prove he thought the whole thing was rubbish and felt it irrelevant to pursue. But I would have pointed out that linebackers do NOT tackle their objects with their faces turned sideways!!!

Also - I'm really disappointed that Juan didn't bust her completely on the fact she kept insisting that AFTER she shot him and they're both lying on the floor and he's yelling "F'ing kill you b****h". And she even makes a point to indicate she heard it clearly. -Juan missed a golden opportunity at this point.

HOW does someone utter a full audible phrase with a portion of his brain obliterated and a bullet lodged in his cheek- the same cheek required to form verbal sounds???

My own feeling is that she left but came back at some point and snuck in. I really have a feeling that when the shower pictures were taken TA had no idea she was there until that one where he is looking at the camera with a haunting look on his face. I think he saw her standing there with the knife, or possibly the gun, and that is when she had him sit in the shower. I am not sure if he was sitting in the shower when the face picture was taken, however. But I do think I see a look of surprise and fear in his face so at that time it must have registered to him that he was in big trouble.

WHAT IF... She was standing there with the gun pointed at him and she was telling him what to do. That she said, Lets have fun, It's not loaded.. lets pretend......

Oh this poor guy. He knew he was going to die at some point. What a scary thing.

Having those photos be available after Jodi thought she had deleted them does seem miraculous, doesn't it?

I will admit it is troublesome for me that Divine Intervention didn't show itself by permanently stopping the animal in its tracks before so much damage was done.

yes it really does! I love people that accidently photograph their crimes!

I have a question...haven't been following this like all of you.

Is the "shower photoshoot" something that is accepted as something Travis actually wanted?

Or could those pictures of the last minutes of his life actually been taken by her without him knowing it? I am pretty sure there is a glass door, so it doesn't make sense that it would be open, but how else could he have not known she was there?

I don't understand if he knew they were being taken...why her suitcases, etc. were packed up sometime after 2pm and the shower pics weren't taken until 5'ish. Did he know she was still there when he actually got in the shower? He had plans that evening (the conference call)...about 90 minutes after the shower. It would make sense for a guy who has work plans to shower and eat first. And she had plans, too...and was supposed to be somewhere else, too.

Or are those the unknowns, and probably will remain unknown? I am really interested, but not interested enough I guess to go back and watch her entire 9 days of testimony that I have already missed. I didn't start watching until cross.

But since you all seem so welcoming, I figured you wouldn't mind - sorry if I am mistaken. It might just be annoying to answer questions that might have been asked 200 times already! LOL!!

I am one hundred percent sure he did NOT KNOW she was taking those photos.

I am still trying to catch up here but in the last thread someone was talking about the "remote" that Jodi claims she returned to DB and the theory that it could be the one for the stolen DVD player. Forgive me if this has already been mentioned and/or discussed but during her testimony JM asked her "How did it find it's way into your car" to which she replied "It was already with him and I drove away with it by accident." What am I missing here? :waitasec: What does she mean by "It was already with him"? Thanks everyone! :seeya:

Yeah and she kept saying, "we." Who is "we" on that drive to Monterey?

Mr Martinez was masterful yesterday. I only wish he had not played that recording 5 times and showed the text "I'll whatever you in the nose".

Rerunning the casing story. She says that is not where the casing landed. In a fight for your life are you really going to remember where the casing landed? Stupid is as Stupid does and says! I wish I was on that jury, because this would be an easy one!

I was hoping JM would delve more into her putting her luggage into the car sometime around 2PM but then I realized he might not have any solid evidence that could dispute whatever she said about it. What I believe he was trying to do was suggest to the jury that if luggage was packed up and her car ready to go by 2PM or shortly thereafter, maybe Travis thought she was long gone before he got into the shower.

IMO, Jodi left and came back...or pretended to leave and lurked around waiting for him to get in the shower where he would be easier prey. She may have thought he would get in the shower earlier than he did; as things went down she did not have a lot of time to act before she had to get out of there because one of the roommates might show up. If Travis had gone into the shower earlier, he would have died earlier and the scene would have been cleaned up much better but she didn't have the time to hang around and take care of that as well as she would have liked, IMO.

If Jodi wanted him in the shower for pics and talked him into that, I think she would have done it earlier--why wait until half an hour before a roommate could come home when she had Travis in the home all day? Even if she didn't care if she had time for a better clean-up, it's risky.

Would Jodi have killed a roommate if he had come home before she got out of the house? Maybe that's why she had a gun. She brought a knife for Travis--stabbing is a lot more personal than a gunshot, and I believe she wanted him to see his killer and to feel immense pain before he died. But there would be nothing personal about shooting a roommate/witness. IDK...just some of my thoughts, as it is impossible to get inside the head of one who is wired like Jodi.

The dragging photo has bothered me since the first time I saw it. Who would intentionally photograph something like that, given the act of setting up a camera to do that would be time-consuming? And time was not on her side by then. And if that photo was unintentional, how did it happen? The camera was on the floor upside down at the time that photo was taken, and her foot is really close. Maybe she kicked the camera, it flipped and the shutter released? It's not probable, but it is possible.

I am and have always been in the knife first, gunshot last camp. Head wounds bleed profusely--even small ones. This head wound bled very little, according to the ME. But my main reason for believing in knife first is that I believe Jodi wanted Travis to suffer. I do not think she would risk a gunshot to the head as her first attack--too much chance it could kill or at least render him unconscious. And this vicious animal wanted her prey conscious; she wanted him to feel the pain!

IMO.

Maybe that is why there is a picture of JA on the floor face up with a boot in the foreground. She wanted a picture with this format with Travis in for some reason. Shoe or foot in the foreground and body beyond. Must be an answer to this puzzle?

I think everything that was done prior to the killing was meant to lull ta into a sense of security, leaving him tired and off guard. The photos were done to put him in a position for her to attack.

I don't think the gun was a safety measure, IMO she planned to use both weapons to make it appear as though two people committed the murder, throwing the scent off of her. Why the knife first? Idk and it is the least of the things that I will never understand about this particular creature.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

ITA with her intending to stage it to look like 2 people did it!!! :great:

yes it really does! I love people that accidently photograph their crimes!

Murder For Dummies

Rule 1: Don't accidentally take pictures of the body you just mutilated (and especially not with your foot in the shot)

Here's what I think and have thought.

She went there knowing he was leaving for Cancun with someone else.

She thoght I will go there and if he doesn't change his mind about me/us, I'm gonna kill him so she staged the robbery of her grandfather's gun and on the road she went, "covering up before" (gas cans, hair change, alibi, etc). She did the usual sex thing with Travis, nothing had changed, still going to Cancun with Mimi, no future relationship, she felt used again and...BAM. (Cover up/alibi etc. after ward).

That's it in a nutshell for me.

I totally, totally agree. I don't think she went there for the SOLE purpose of killing him. She was going to give him one last chance. When he made it clear he was never going to get back with her, the powderkeg blew.

IMO, she had spent ten years trying to find a man to give her the lifestyle she wanted. She took one look at him at that PPL conference, saw the sharp suit, the nice shoes, the nice car and she thought she'd found the one. And when she realized because of his Mormon upbringing that he was sexually inexperienced, she thought she'd died and gone to heaven. The fact that she had a string of failed relationships behind her, despite her every effort to hook them with steamy sex, she just couldn't figure out that a man might want more. And she had nothing else to give.

Yes! And lots of backup explanations; she rarely answers a question without leaving lots of wiggle room and therefore lots of alternate explanations in case her answer didn't work for her later.

Think Jodi has learned what happens after the first two versions of what happened blew up on her?

I have a really hard time trying to remain "impartial" as I listen to the testimony. How is it possible for a normal human being to not feel "emotion" when trying to render a verdict? I know the jury is supposed to look only at the facts of the case. How does a juror separate all that out? I have never been on a jury, so if someone could share I would appreciate it. TIA

Zuri,
Only speaking for me....
If I go by only facts, she is guilty of premeditated murder.
If I go only by emotions, she is guilty of premeditated murder.
I think their emotions would like to kick her butt from here to eternity.
(Mods, sorry if I should not have said that)
I have never been on a jury before. Others out there?

hahaha... I agree but I highly doubt Arias will let Nurmi get away with thaaat. She will want to clarify and attempt to CONVINCE the jury that the last five days on cross were wrong. She will go on and on and on and on.

I hope she does because there will be a noticeable demeanor change and she will also most likely give 2-3 more versions of events.

**her linebacker move with the head turned sideways was pathetic!!**

And she had her arms outstretched??? ummm there was NO STIPPLING of the gunshot wound.

I am not sure how long re-direct will take but I could easily see her taking two days. (I hope she does too.. she will completely lose the jury if she hasn't already)

I am sure I am not the only one who noticed how she was trying to contort her head to the angle in which the bullet entered it.

RBBM And consider the note he sent to her just prior.......You think I'm just a dildo with a beating heart.......

Imagine the worst thing anyone has ever done to you...now times it by a hundred. You may want the person who wronged you to pay, to be punished, to know a smidgen of how they hurt you.

Just talk to one of the survivors of domestic abuse, a psychopath, or homicide that have brought their stories forward to share. They've felt a similar combination of pain and anger towards the people who have hurt them or those they love...the difference is we have a conscience and while vengeance may 'sound' good our own very human empathy would preclude most of us from enacting it. Most of us too don't have a constant undercurrent of anger within us.

My theory, because it so fits with the psychopathology of a sadistic psychopath, is Jodi had every intention of murdering Travis with one knife wound to the heart. Knife wounds are very painful, such a wound would allow several seconds to minutes of him knowing what she'd done, and the sinister seemingly poetic 'justice' of stabbing a lover who in your view has wronged you and rejected you in the heart. She wanted to inflict pain on Travis, she wanted him to suffer, she wanted him to pay for having rejected her.

But where might we be had she only brought the knife? What if Travis could have overpowered her and taken the knife from her? That's where the gun as backup comes into this for me. I think it was simply insurance that if Travis did gain the upper hand she had a way of taking him out. There was no way she was going to risk leaving him alive.

In order for her knife to the heart scenario to work she was forced to lull Travis into a state of vulnerability and seeming normalcy - especially considering their exchange the week prior to his death had been anything but pleasant. Their phone recording, her email after his death, the letters, her witness tampering via magazines show to some extent just how crafty psychopaths are when it comes to manipulation. When you care for one and believe they are as human as you are...they're capable of tricking your mind into believing almost anything they want you to.

MOO

From Beth Karas FB:

Reminder:

Tune in tonight at 10 pm ET to CNN's AC360 for a one-hour special--Sex, Lies & Audiotape: The Jodi Arias Trial. (I was interviewed for it.)

(Beth posted that...I'm not that "I"! lol)

I would just love for once to know a Jury was thinking to themselves all along, this is planned out, this woman is scary, I can see through her lies, she brought her grandfathers .25 caliber gun, borrowed gas cans, filled them up, WHO drives 1280 miles out of their way to do a stealth visit and clearly not tell anyone.

Kill someone in a blood bath, clean up the crime scene, head out and dump evidence and land in a new person's love sack, all the while leaving voice mails and texts for the man she just butchered.

I will love all 12 of these Jury members for life if they do what I am hoping they do....Just see this for what it is, be strong and understand there ARE some very bad people in the world.

Elementary, thanks but what glares at me is I see so many posters trying to reason this out as if Jodi is normal and as if this was self defense. Truth is, if she were a male, the defense attorney would have told him to plea for LWOP and that his goose was cooked. But her being a pretty female....well, think Casey Anthony...and she killed her baby!!!!! Females can be just as strong, just as brutal and more deceptive than a male any day. JMO.

My opinions about her have declined with every day she is on the stand. I thought when I first signed up here it was a crime of passion, that TA was probably your typical man who only wanted a booty call, but that she was guilty of murder.

NOW, I can't believe how tolerant and kind TA was. I don't think he or anyone who she targeted had a prayer of escape. I don't think there was anything he could do to save himself.

I also now think she is Ted Bundy material and am certain she was going to hurt someone else. I would really like to hear from people who knew her in the past. I don't think that will happen until she is on death row - she seems to be able to reach beyond the prison walls thru her groupies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hereforthechildren