jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #64 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, everyone!

I'm sitting here watching yesterdays lies on TruTv.....the last day of TruTv as we know it
:(

HopefulOne, Yeah, Juan ended yesterday. So, we get a nice, fresh Nurmi first thing Monday lol.

You are looking at this through the eyes of a normal person. She is a stalker, deciding days ahead that if she couldn't have his lifestyle, no one would. She took the gun and the knife because she wanted to seduce him then kill him. She knew his habits. Get him relaxed, then in the shower, then as he turns in the shower, stabs him in the heart. He comes out stumbling, coughs up blood in the sink, according to the ME, she continues stabbing him in his back, he makes his way to the hallway losing blood and collapses. She then turns him over slits his throat from ear to ear and drags him back to the shower. Then she puts a bullet in his head for satisfaction. That's all it was. Satisfaction that she could stalk him, slaughter him, shower his dead body and hers, try to clean the crime scene, deletes the photos and puts the camera in the wash with Clorox. The card in the camera survived. She isn't sad he is gone. She is quite proud of her handiwork. She is lying. There was never a struggle for her. Just him struggling to live. He couldn't even fight back. If she isn't found guilty of premeditated murder there will never be any justice.

If this were self defense, whether by stabbing or shooting, once he was down, you or I would run out the door, go to a neighbor, scream for help, get the police. None of that happened.

Travis had no history of stalking. She does. He has no history of pedophilia.

So elegantly explained! There's not much mystery to what is most likely to have happened given the forensic evidence. It's pretty simple, really, again, given the evidence. We may never know her true motives, but everything else speaks for itself, loud and clear. This is what JM's cross especially helped me see.

The "unintentional" photos are baffling. It looks like Travis's camera was a Sony DSCH7. This was a fairly good sized digital camera, certainly not a pocket camera. Most digital cameras have a self timer. This one had 2 modes, 2 second delay and 10 second delay. You select self timer, select the delay, and then when you press the shutter, after 2 or 10 seconds, the camera takes the photo. But only one photo. To take another picture you would need to press the shutter again.

Some cameras also have time lapse photography. You set how many photos you want to take, and the delay between each photo, press the shutter, and then the camera takes the number of photos you selected, at the specified interval. This camera did not have time lapse photography.

So the only way the camera took a photo is if the shutter was pressed, intentionally or unintentionally. It's not possible that the camera took a picture (for example, the picture of jodi dragging travis's body) "as it was dropped." At worst the shutter might trigger when a camera impacts the floor, but even that's unlikely unless the shutter itself gets pressed. One possibility is that she tucked the grip half of the camera in the waistband of her pants, with the lens hanging out, and the shutter activated when she bent a certain way. But even then I would think the camera would fall out fairly quickly...

Excellent Post. I have had no idea how the camera could be at so many angles and still taking pics. Thx for explaining it so well!

Imagine the worst thing anyone has ever done to you...now times it by a hundred. You may want the person who wronged you to pay, to be punished, to know a smidgen of how they hurt you.

Just talk to one of the survivors of domestic abuse, a psychopath, or homicide that have brought their stories forward to share. They've felt a similar combination of pain and anger towards the people who have hurt them or those they love...the difference is we have a conscience and while vengeance may 'sound' good our own very human empathy would preclude most of us from enacting it. Most of us too don't have a constant undercurrent of anger within us.

My theory, because it so fits with the psychopathology of a sadistic psychopath, is Jodi had every intention of murdering Travis with one knife wound to the heart. Knife wounds are very painful, such a wound would allow several seconds to minutes of him knowing what she'd done, and the sinister seemingly poetic 'justice' of stabbing a lover who in your view has wronged you and rejected you in the heart. She wanted to inflict pain on Travis, she wanted him to suffer, she wanted him to pay for having rejected her.

But where might we be had she only brought the knife? What if Travis could have overpowered her and taken the knife from her? That's where the gun as backup comes into this for me. I think it was simply insurance that if Travis did gain the upper hand she had a way of taking him out. There was no way she was going to risk leaving him alive.

In order for her knife to the heart scenario to work she was forced to lull Travis into a state of vulnerability and seeming normalcy - especially considering their exchange the week prior to his death had been anything but pleasant. Their phone recording, her email after his death, the letters, her witness tampering via magazines show to some extent just how crafty psychopaths are when it comes to manipulation. When you care for one and believe they are as human as you are...they're capable of tricking your mind into believing almost anything they want you to.

MOO

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your posts. You are very well-spoken (written?), you have such insight, and you make such great points. I always look forward to reading when I see your name. :)

"That makes no sense at all, also there is NO WAY someone is shot in the forehead and they are not bleeding profusely immediately afterward.
Enough blood for even a near sighted person to see. "

Never said the DT's response would make sense. :) The poster's guess was that the DT would say the gun jammed, thus that 1st shot never hit Travis, which is why she didn;t see blood on him after she shot.

JA said on direct "He looked just the same to me" after she shot him. So, since the gun didn't slow him down, she reached for the knife in the bathroom, though she doesn't remember doing that.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying- that isn't my belief, but a response to the poster's guess about where the DT might go. And again, make sense? When did that become a criteria for what JA or the DT say happened?

I heard that which is why I asked if it was for the day or for the entire cross.

ABC and Fox says his cross is due to continue Monday.

I think they are wrong. Only because at the end of any other day, he has not said, "I have nothing else". I think he is done with his cross. :twocents:

One thing that's puzzled me about this case is the timeline of 6/4/08. Arias testified (probably lied) that she took her luggage down to the car shortly after 2 PM. Let's say 2:30 even ... what did she and Travis do for 3 hours between 2:30 and 5:30 after she was dressed and the sex was over ? I personally believe she left and came back after the last roommate had left for the day. Maybe she told Travis that she forgot something and had to turn around and come back ?

Excellent Post. I have had no idea how the camera could be at so many angles and still taking pics. Thx for explaining it so well!

I thought I read somewhere that when she dropped the camera, the outside covering of the shutter release button was broken, which it would appear left the "stem" of the button, for lack of a better word, exposed. Since it was laying upside down, the exposed stem would snap the photos very easily, possibly just from the camera's own weight.

Feel free anyone to correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I believe, and only my belief, she went there to have one last hooray in the bed, the camera shots in the bathroom was to set him up to be vulnerable to kill him.
JMHO

My thoughts exactly! Completely premeditated. She knew he was NOT going to take her to Cancun and she went with the sole purpose of sex, lies and videotapes (pictures) ...basically!

So true.

I can almost hear her shrieking at him as he struggled to breathe, heart failing, slumped over the sink and coughing up blood in front of the mirror, "Look at yourself!!!! Are you proud of what you've done to me!?!?!"

And then she repeatedly and quickly plunges the knife into his head and back -- over and over...

It is just horrifying, isn't it!

And, so frightening to think of what other murder scenarios JA considered when deciding upon her ultimate TA murder plan.

And, who knows, maybe murder plans of others as well.

I think it boils down to this reasoning: If Jodi couldn't have him, no one could.

No he is done with Cross for now.. Nurmi gets to re direct and then Juan can recross if more is brought up that he needs to address.

I really wanted that clip in of " I would beg for the death penalty"
But I don't think Nurmi used it so Juan can not use it .

From what I understand, Juan is limited on cross to only address things that Nurmi or JA bring up and put forth. He can not just ask her anything he wants.

Hopefully a lawyer will jump in. and correct me if I am wrong!

there have been so many versions given by arias that I think the jury will stick with the evidence (forensics, cell records, texts, etc he!! even the sex tape) when they deliberate.

I am going to start a thread for what everyone thinks the state will do on rebuttal... I think Juan left a lot of hints during his cross :)

That's a very good point. They've been so overwhelmed with her waffling all over the place that it almost forces them to just go back to the basics - tangible evidence:

Zero evidence in diary of abuse
Zero evidence in texts of abuse
Zero evidence in mutual phone sex of abuse
Zero evidence of need for self-defense

You are looking at this through the eyes of a normal person. She is a stalker, deciding days ahead that if she couldn't have his lifestyle, no one would. She took the gun and the knife because she wanted to seduce him then kill him. She knew his habits. Get him relaxed, then in the shower, then as he turns in the shower, stabs him in the heart. He comes out stumbling, coughs up blood in the sink, according to the ME, she continues stabbing him in his back, he makes his way to the hallway losing blood and collapses. She then turns him over slits his throat from ear to ear and drags him back to the shower. Then she puts a bullet in his head for satisfaction. That's all it was. Satisfaction that she could stalk him, slaughter him, shower his dead body and hers, try to clean the crime scene, deletes the photos and puts the camera in the wash with Clorox. The card in the camera survived. She isn't sad he is gone. She is quite proud of her handiwork. She is lying. There was never a struggle for her. Just him struggling to live. He couldn't even fight back. If she isn't found guilty of premeditated murder there will never be any justice.

If this were self defense, whether by stabbing or shooting, once he was down, you or I would run out the door, go to a neighbor, scream for help, get the police. None of that happened.

Travis had no history of stalking. She does. He has no history of pedophilia.

So sad. Poor Travis. All that talk about Travis having a temper and being hyper sexual is her lrojection. That is exactly who she is and what she does. Thats a purely classic characteristic of a psychopath and the othsr psychopathic behavior is ths smear campaign. Smear him as a pedophile with mental illness. The nerve of her to paint him as a sicko after the numerous sick behaviors she has demonstrated herself. Projection.

I am of the opinion that Cancun had nothing to do with this. It had everything to do with her knowing Travis didnt want her in his life anymore. He had stalled and made excuses already about coming to see her in Yreka. He was trying to distance himself from her and she knew it. She knew she had lost Travis and if she didnt come there unannounced she would never get to see him alone again.

She was on a mission to kill Travis when she stoled her grandpa's gun and headed to Mesa.

There wasnt any options in her mind that would have stopped her and saved Travis. He simply was going to die before she left his home and that is what she did. If Travis had said he would do anything even taking her to Cancun she would scoff at him or if he begged her not to kill him. This would only empower the beast more.

I totally think she got off on knowing she was going to murder him as they had sex. She smiled inwardly that she was so cunning and so able to deceive and giving him a false sense of security imo. Plus I think she really enjoyed sex with Travis. Another sickening memory she could relish over and over again in her evil mind. Knowing she had tricked him in so many ways. Also tricking him into taking photos in the shower so she could get him in the most vulnerable position possible. Once she coaxed him into sitting down in the shower she had him where she wanted him and her heinous acts against him began and she completed what she had come there to do. Poor Travis never had a chance.:furious:

imo

This is EXACTLY what I believe as well. Thank you for putting it so eloquently into words. :clap:

It is just horrifying, isn't it!

And, so frightening to think of what other murder scenarios JA considered when deciding upon her ultimate TA murder plan.

And, who knows, maybe murder plans of others as well.

I shudder to think of it.

For her own good and the good of society she needs to be convicted and executed before she exacts more 'revenge'; for if this murder was motivated by anything, it was that.

One thing that's puzzled me about this case is the timeline of 6/4/08. Arias testified (probably lied) that she took her luggage down to the car shortly after 2 PM. Let's say 2:30 even ... what did she and Travis do for 3 hours between 2:30 and 5:30 after she was dressed and the sex was over ? I personally believe she left and came back after the last roommate had left for the day. Maybe she told Travis that she forgot something and had to turn around and come back ?

Yes. I believe that she must have left and waited for roommate to leave too.

I swear in those pictures he is doing it just to make her happy so she will leave. He does not look into it AT ALL.

I think it boils down to this reasoning: If Jodi couldn't have him, no one could.

Or, he had to die because she could not tolerate the fact she could no longer possess and have control over him. Her feelings for him never had anything to do with love.

Good morning, everyone!

I'm sitting here watching yesterdays lies on TruTv.....the last day of TruTv as we know it
:(

HopefulOne, Yeah, Juan ended yesterday. So, we get a nice, fresh Nurmi first thing Monday lol.

As if Mondays don't suck enough. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members