jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the towel in the washer, for a long time I, too, thought it was bloody with bleach splotches. But..... and I know I'll never find it again.... I could swear I saw a photo of another towel hanging from a wall hook (maybe somewhere near the scales on the floor?) in the bathroom and it was caramel colored. So the towel in the washer could be a match, caramel, with lighter splotches from bleach being dumped in the washer.

I also think the "marbled" appearance is just wrinkles from drying in the washer in the same position it was when the spin cycle finished. I think this because I've been known to forget to put a load of towels in the dryer and they ended up dry and crunchy and wrinkled. :)

Caramel colored towel hanging on hook in bathroom - seen in reflection (click thumbnail):

I'm looking at the evidence photos now (not the gory ones). Thanks for the link atthelake!

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I'm looking at the photos that show her journal writings and noticed her penmanship looks a lot like Casey Anthony's from what I remember!

Gypsy, I now very well understand, after looking at those crime scene photos, even MORE how his family just shoots daggers at her every day perhaps wanting to personally take her life. I get it BIG TIME now. The only photos that I've seen previously, were "sanitized" as the body she washed off after the bleeding was done. FTLOG, this woman even thought of this. To wash off the body to appear sanitized to make the horror less evident. I cannot cannot cannot fathom the evil that exists in a human being after seing the photos and the hallway that only has no blood where the body was dragged. And large pools of coagulated blood that were shockingly large by the linen closet that didn't wash away........

I don't know how this hasn't been discussed on WS.....e.g. I think she slashed him at the sink because of the two coagulated pools in front of the linen closet.......but I guess no one has seen them in mass to discuss on the threads or they have and they didn't shout out to others like I am right now...............

FTLOG.......:eek:fftobed: :countsheep:

But not going to bed before I change my signature below to " To me, the lack of injuries Arias suffered as she murdered Travis shows that even when he is being murdered, Travis did not have it in him to hurt Arias to save his own life. (Quote from WS Member-Thurston)"

Jodi Arias is evil. To drag someone's stabbed and cut bloody body around his house and clean up the scene of the crime the way she did, man you have to be a monster.

Yes. Her answer as to how it ever got into her car was murky. I bet the truth is that it was already in her car when she delivered him the DVD player she sold him and forgot to give him the remote that went with it.

pip, you are brilliant!

It was really bugging me what the story was with the remote. I can't understand why Juan would gloss over this.

Do you think it is possible LE/Prosecution have overlooked this? It seems to me if they could get Darryl to admit this, it would tie her directly to the robbery of the gun.

Do you think Darryl would lie for her on the stand? It seems like he would have lied about the gas cans if he was going to lie at all.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I apologize if this is a complete rehash of other user comments, but these threads move so quickly, it is hard to keep up. Sorry for the long post, but I'd like to share my thoughts.

Regarding JA asking TA about taking photos of him shaving/in the shower. I was disappointed that JM continued questioning her, as it seemed to clear to me these were two separate incidents due to the fact of her mentioning the shaving pic was used as a myspace profile pic. Fortunately the rest of the day made that fumble largely forgettable.

Something that stood out to me was this exchange.
JM said (paraphrasing) "that's when the horrible man with the mean face was coming at you."
JA: "I never said he was horrible!"(in between tears)
JM: "Thank you for correcting me"

These is no way I can reconcile her version of events with how I perceive reality. According to her, he picked her up and body slammed her with force on the hard floor causing her to hit her head, hurt her torso etc, and maybe had the wind knocked out of her slightly. He then stood over her by her knees and as she put it "he kept coming and coming at me" She then made a half roll to her side, got up and ran away.

Just visualize that. She said he was in arms reach, she is viciously slammed down. He is "coming at her" and she half rolls to the side, gets up and runs off. There is no way he couldn't have grabbed her right there if he wanted to.

Another thing that made me scratch my head was the whole closet door issue. When JM says she could have just kept running when she had time to decide to keep going or go for the gun, she says if she kept running he could have been coming the other way towards where she would have exited. However, then she implies that everything happened at once and as she closed the door he was right there opening it. So if that's true, she knew he wasn't trying to cut her off in the other hall and could have kept running that way.

What I thought made today more effective for JM, later in the testimony he stopped arguing small points with her. He would ask something, she would deny it with some absurd statement and he just went on to the next point. It came across as much more effective in regards to the flow not being interrupted by her. It didn't give her a chance to regain her mental balance and it showed.

I found it very telling when she was getting rattled and he was asking why she was having trouble and JA said something along the lines of "well I do when you break it down like that." To me it was like her admitting she didn't think her story through with enough detail. Sure it seemed suspect even the way she glossed over it in direct, but he completely decimated her version of events IMO

It was absolutely beautiful how JM made her agree to what logically must've happened, once the fog hit, given the evidence. At points it sounding like she was reciting memorized lines, and unconvincingly . (ones she had used before too) For example when JM told her to tell her about the bits of memory that had come back after the fog began. Then she repeats the " i remember dropping the knife in the bathroom" line. However she did forget to mention her screaming this time.

JM also got her to basically admit that she was completely into the sex except for maybe a couple of instances. So we've gone from him being a sexual deviant and her being abused because of that, to her doing things on a couple occasions that she might not 100% enjoy, but did so to satisfy him...because that never happens in normal relationships. /sarcasm

Finally, a question regarding JA being a photographer. Was this something she ever did as a profession, or is she just one of those girls who buys a digital camera, learns how to apply some filters in a photo editing software program and then calls herself a photographer?

what happened to her shoes?
In the photo, they say her foot is just wearing a black sock...I thought it was
a shoe...
but she says that when she came out of her "fog", she didn't have any shoes
on...that she lost her shoes...was she barefoot?...Did she just throw away
the bloody black socks?

Just wondering...something funny/weird about that fact...:waitasec:

Actually I respectfully disagree... :)

Excerpt:
-- Police from Yreka, Calif., where Arias lived with her grandparents, described the scene of the home when Arias's grandparents reported a break-in. The door was pushed in, breaking the door jamb, and many drawers were opened in Arias' bedroom and her grandparents' room.

The only things reported taken were the handgun, a DVD player, and $30, while other valuable items, including a large pile of quarters and three other guns, were left untouched. Arias told police that her laptop computer was not taken because she had hidden it in a laundry basket covered with clothes.

Officer Kevin Friedman of the Yreka police department told the court today that burglary struck him as odd.

"I believed it was unusual that small items worth money or money, for instance, that the change was not taken," said Officer Kevin Friedman, of the Yreka police department, who investigated the alleged robbery. "I also thought it was strange that only one of the firearms was stolen from the cabinet."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-denied-guilt-told-sex-photos-palm/story?id=18211547

Thanks for correcting me! You are right he did say there was forced entry. There is just so much to keep up with in the case with the lies she told and then everything that JM has proven were lies, that my own brain is starting to feel scrambled! :blushing:

Great first post Wake_me! Welcome :seeya:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I apologize if this is a complete rehash of other user comments, but these threads move so quickly, it is hard to keep up. Sorry for the long post, but I'd like to share my thoughts.

Regarding JA asking TA about taking photos of him shaving/in the shower. I was disappointed that JM continued questioning her, as it seemed to clear to me these were two separate incidents due to the fact of her mentioning the shaving pic was used as a myspace profile pic. Fortunately the rest of the day made that fumble largely forgettable.

I found this a bit disturbing, too. It was clear to me too that JA was talking about another occasion w/Det. Flores in that video. I felt that Juan was twisting this and it didn't need to be. I think it could have been maybe more effective to just get her to admit that she has convinced TA in the past to pose for similar photos, and the jury could easily m ake the connection that she did it again this time to make him vulnerable for an easier kill.

Just my opinion, no tomatoes, please. I am totally a Juan supporter, just did not feel this was effective. :truce:

Something that stood out to me was this exchange.
JM said (paraphrasing) "that's when the horrible man with the mean face was coming at you."
JA: "I never said he was horrible!"(in between tears)
JM: "Thank you for correcting me"

Wow, I completely missed this!

These is no way I can reconcile her version of events with how I perceive reality. According to her, he picked her up and body slammed her with force on the hard floor causing her to hit her head, hurt her torso etc, and maybe had the wind knocked out of her slightly. He then stood over her by her knees and as she put it "he kept coming and coming at me" She then made a half roll to her side, got up and ran away.

I agree her whole story sounds like snippets from movies and MMA/WWE fights. Complete with words and phrases no one would really use (IMO); 'body slam' like a linebacker. BS. Her reenactment was ridiculous.

Just visualize that. She said he was in arms reach, she is viciously slammed down. He is "coming at her" and she half rolls to the side, gets up and runs off. There is no way he couldn't have grabbed her right there if he wanted to.

Another thing that made me scratch my head was the whole closet door issue. When JM says she could have just kept running when she had time to decide to keep going or go for the gun, she says if she kept running he could have been coming the other way towards where she would have exited. However, then she implies that everything happened at once and as she closed the door he was right there opening it. So if that's true, she knew he wasn't trying to cut her off in the other hall and could have kept running that way.

What I thought made today more effective for JM, later in the testimony he stopped arguing small points with her. He would ask something, she would deny it with some absurd statement and he just went on to the next point. It came across as much more effective in regards to the flow not being interrupted by her. It didn't give her a chance to regain her mental balance and it showed.

I found it very telling when she was getting rattled and he was asking why she was having trouble and JA said something along the lines of "well I do when you break it down like that." To me it was like her admitting she didn't think her story through with enough detail. Sure it seemed suspect even the way she glossed over it in direct, but he completely decimated her version of events IMO

So right on, I think you have hit the nail on the head. I really think she made this story up from what she has seen on TV and in movies, and that just doesn't stand up to real life scutiny.

It was absolutely beautiful how JM made her agree to what logically must've happened, once the fog hit, given the evidence. At points it sounding like she was reciting memorized lines, and unconvincingly . (ones she had used before too) For example when JM told her to tell her about the bits of memory that had come back after the fog began. Then she repeats the " i remember dropping the knife in the bathroom" line. However she did forget to mention her screaming this time.

JM also got her to basically admit that she was completely into the sex except for maybe a couple of instances. So we've gone from him being a sexual deviant and her being abused because of that, to her doing things on a couple occasions that she might not 100% enjoy, but did so to satisfy him...because that never happens in normal relationships. /sarcasm

I think Juan did a fantastic job of showing she was leading the way in the sex arena w/Travis. And that she had a long history of stalking behaviors. I hope he brings in Bobby on rebuttal.

Finally, a question regarding JA being a photographer. Was this something she ever did as a profession, or is she just one of those girls who buys a digital camera, learns how to apply some filters in a photo editing software program and then calls herself a photographer?

Based on what I have heard/read, I would say the latter. She tries to make it sound like she was a pro, saying she was working on someone's wedding photos, saying she was going to photograph Darryl's sisters newborn (who never showed up in So. CA to meet Jodi, and was really just an alibi according to me). But it is just her way of making her hobby sound important.

She really had nothing going on in her life, and IMO why she was so taken with TA and the PPL lifestyle. She has delusions of grandeur, and could not bear to see that lifestyle taken away from her by TA.

:welcome: WakeMe !

Allegedly she was employed as a wedding photographer.

IMO what stood out to me the most was her need to correct Juan on every little detail he got wrong.
Really would an abused woman find this necessary?
To win every argument?

Where was the sorrow?
The remorse?

Where was the claims of how nothing she did ever made him happy?
Did she ever tell she ever cooked a meal for him?
Went grocery shopping? Did he beat her for a cold meal or because
she bought the wrong brand of bread tithe store????
We know she cleaned his house but he paid her for that!
HOW MANY ABUSIVE MEN PAY A GIRL FRIEND TO CLEAN THEIR HOME ?
They don't they expect it!!!!
Did he knock her around because the towels weren't folded right.

IMO he called her our for the psycho-social misfit that she was, threatened her that he woikd be filing a restraining order because 1000miles was not far enough to keep her away and if she dare darken his doorstep again he would have her arrested.

THAT IS WHEN I THINK she snapped and went balls to the wall crazy.
And yes I do think it was plan B.

Thanks for posting. It DOES look blood stained with bleach splotches. She probably thought that was enough and didn't bother with any detergent. Maybe?

Given the amount of blood it must have contained along with the other bloody items in there, it would have taken more than 1 run through the washer even with bleach and detergent.

Chester from THM -
I am having trouble quoting on my phone.

About the MySpace shaving.

That was BS she threw inthe story to Det Flores.
OK maybe it did happen like she said....
BUT THE POINT IS..... she complained that she had to
stop oral sex because it was painful due to TA's not shaving his face.

in the last pic of him before his death he was freshly shaven.
So she lied about oral sex or she lied about him not shaving That day.

I felt like you did and then it clicked....

Travis did shave that day...
JA was trying to say he did not.

She may have taken a shaving picture for him that he put on MySpace
but do I believe that discussed shower pics back then? No.

I THINK TA never wanted pics of himself either...
I THINK she was taking them to blackmail him

but that is my take only.

She likes the smooth ones. Can't remember ever telling a guy I liked his smooth one.

Too funny. If JA can't say the "P" word maybe she will accept anal impaler.
I just woke myself up while evidently interrogating JA JM style. Also just realized that I've been confusing Sky Hughes with Skye whats her name from CA's case.

Not exactly. She drops the camera, he body slams her, she miraculously rolls away, gets past him, goes down the hall, turn into the closet, slams door, runs to shelf/gun as Travis enters closet, she backs into bathroom and he does the flying nun leap into her causing the gun to go off...

It's similarly preposterous as her escape from the Ninjas story.

On Dateline tonight, Shannon Hogan said that Jodi flooded the bathroom to drag Travis back to the shower.

In other words, she floated him back. So that answers how she was able to pull 200 pounds of dead weight. And, also why there was so much water in the bathroom.

Can't imagine someone coming up with that idea. Maybe there was soap on the floor too and she slid him across, not necessarily on purpose. As to the camera...by the time she dumped everything in the washer she was in an extreme hurry to get out before roomies might show up and catch her.

I hope she's once again lying and never really did photograph anyone's wedding. Can you imagine? Poor bride! And groom!

Chester from THM -
I am having trouble quoting on my phone.

About the MySpace shaving.

That was BS she threw inthe story to Detail Flores.
OK maybe it did happen like she said....
BUT THE POINT IS..... she complained that she had to stop oral sex because it was painful due to TA's not shaving his face.

in the last pic of him before his death he was freshly shaven.
So she lied about oral sex or she lied about him not shaving That day.

I felt like you did and then it clicked....

Travis did shave that day...
JA was trying to say he did not.

She may have taken a shaving pocket for him that he pit on MySpace
but do I believe that discussed shower pics back then? No.

I THINK TA never wanted pics of himself either...
I THINK she was taking them to blackmail him

but that is my take only.

Thank you for reminding me about the shaving point, gngr. I missed the part of testimony with her saying she wanted him to stop due to stubble.

But thinking back on this questioning about the shaving, she really shot herself in the foot being contrary in her answers to Juan. It enabled him to play that JA/Flores video over and over. With her giggling about TA being reluctant to have pictures taken, and him feeling 'gay' about it.

That video is just so jarring and so clearly demonstrates that she has no remorse, no sadness. She is just having a great time chatting with her buddy Flores.

And Juan got to play it, what 4? 5? times?

I am sure that left quite and impression, especially coming in the midst of her description of her supposed attack scenario.

Very effective for the prosecution, I think.

I hope she's once again lying and never really did photograph anyone's wedding. Can you imagine? Poor bride! And groom!

I thought about that.
What a pickle!
I would pay to have her stamp removed and replace all of my pics !!!!

Or if I had the $ I would restate some of them!

Could the floormats have had some kind of desert dirt on them that would be specific to Arizona? What was her excuse for the missing mats when she returned the car? Did she just say it never had mats in it when she got it?

You know I've never heard any explanation for the floor mats.

Too funny. If JA can't say the "P" word maybe she will accept anal impaler.
I just woke myself up while evidently interrogating JA JM style. Also just realized that I've been confusing Sky Hughes with Skye whats her name from CA's case.

Ok, leebee, I just have to quote this, thanks is not enough.

This made me literally LOL, probably woke up DH!

You know I've never heard any explanation for the floor mats.

JM asked her if the car had mats and she said no and then he changed the subject. To me, that means he's going to talk about it again later, just wanted to lock her in on that answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee