jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya gotta start way early, before they're ready. Not just about body parts and sex but about what a normal healthy relationship looks like. What's acceptable and what isn't and about respecting themselves and others. Ya can never start too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes exactly this is what i think too. ITA!!
what is the meaning of respect..?...what do "boundaries" mean?
talk about trusting your GUT feelings....

Didn't Det Flores see the injury when JA was telling him the ninja story?

He did. It was a little purplish line compared to all the other lines and creases. Right there look. There can you see it??? Awww she showed him her perfectly healed boo boo without ever mentioning the fracture.
IIRC her palm and affected finger was laid out flat for the show and tell.
Show and tell starts at 43:23

[video=youtube;FoUB2UzWjtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoUB2UzWjtI[/video]

Why all the way up so she has to fly up? Why not just right there between the shoes.. where even he could get it if he had to in a hurry.

who puts the gun in the attic - excuse me burglar, if you don't mind hanging on, I will go get the ladder and then retrieve my gun from the roof.. I have it lodged on the chimney in case I need it.

BBM

:laugh::floorlaugh:

Well after the gun "went off" (on its own I assume) she said TA was screaming obscenities, however she could not remember any specific words. So for all her fog will allow her to remember it could have been "oh f*ck you just shot me in the f*cking face, why??? sh**, sh**, sh** I think I'm dying"

And I can only imagine the horrible things she was saying to him with every brutal blow she inflicted on him.

:welcome: And I'll put ya down for being in the gun first crowd? :truce:

This is suppossed to be from a quote from Allyne Smithe regarding why so many gas cans

The reason for the 3 gas cans is it took 12 gallons of gas to fill up her car. The ones she got from DB's were 2 5 gallon cans. JM shows she had 3 receipts from same gas station. one for car, then one for 10 gallons (2 5 gallons cans) then 1 receipt for 2 gallons. = 12 gallons/ car fill up

The obvious passion he has and how much he knows about every inch of this case is extraordinary. I've really got to say he is now my all time favorite. I wish we could clone him...

I don't know if ANYBODY will ever top Vince Bugliosi for me, but Juan Martinez is right on up there, along with the female prosecutor from Texas. :rocker:

My last Beth K update for today:

I will still appear every other day on In Session between 9 and 11 am. Jean and I are alternating the mornings. This will occur throughout the Arias trial. In Session is doing trial highlights every morning, starting March 4. I'll appear this Monday at 9 and 10 am. After that, it's HLN later in the day. I'm not sure but I think I'll appear briefly at 3 pm ET on HLN--just before the afternoon trial session resumes. I believe HLN is carrying at least the afternoon session live. I don't know, yet, about the morning session. Then, it's the shows: Jane Velez-Mitchell, Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew. Also, CNN has me do a brief report on most weekdays around 11:15 am ET on Ashleigh Banfield's show.

So, in sum, throughout the Arias trial I'll still be on In Session every other day, HLN every day (or most days) including the evening shows, and CNN around 11:15 (when there isn't other breaking news).

Hope this helps...

Beth
bethkaras@gmail.com

(that's the only email to write her at now) :seeya:

If JM can not do recross of JA, can he ever call her back to the stand?

DJA and other newbies, did you know there are lots more threads on this case? This is the master list of all threads here at WS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=513

and this link is specifically for legal Q&A (no discussion, just type a question and have lawyers approved by WS answer it) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197372 (The answer may be in there already too?)

HTH

IIRC The defense team wanted to subpoena the tape of Dave and TA shooting to prove exactly what I don't know. He seems to be shooting some sort of huge military style weapon at targets in that tape but what do I know. The judge agreed and they asked Dave who was in the court if he would comply and when and he agreed he could provide it 'today'. It was the state who then advised the judge they would be calling Dave to testify on rebuttal. But ITA, Dave is no ally of Jodi and it would be suicide for the defense to call him. I'm not sure her defense team really believes in their client anyway. They're doing their jobs IMO and trying to ensure she gets effective and competent council but if JA insists he be called they just might do it. It's her grave not theirs.

there's no doubt her DT doesn't believe her. they know what she is. they've been dealing with her for a long time.
as for dave hall, JM will call him and nurmi can try to do some damage, but i think this guy is a good witness for the state. a guy who takes you shooting and owns guns he lets you shoot would be the guy you'd talk to before buying a gun. TA's sister is a police officer too, so why wouldn't he consult her? he didn't own a gun, period. the burglary of a .25 and the use of a .25 isn't just a coincidence.

TA had so many friends who talked to him about JA. dave was one of them. but it's all hearsay i guess and we're not going to hear it.

but did we ever hear that email/text he sent her? the last one? where he says 'you're the worst thing that ever happened to me?' i know he called her a sociopath and i doubt the judge would allow that part, but have we heard any of that text? i forget.

He did. It was a little purplish line compared to all the other lines and creases. Right there look. There can you see it??? Awww she showed him her perfectly healed boo boo without ever mentioning the fracture.
IIRC her palm and affected finger was laid out flat for the show and tell but it was her right hand she was showing???? I'll check the interview.

I loved when she was all whiney about how she can't get the ring from her other hand on it anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** note to self.... when sitting someone's throat be sure that my hair is not blonde at the time!!!
Blood is not pretty in blonde hair.

The blood would start to coagulate immediately and starting to get sticky. If Jodi planned wearing the long pants it's not a far reach that she had a long sleeve top, and maybe a ninja mask? but she forgot the gloves.

It's that little bit of truth in her lies let you see how things happened. In every move and word, Jodi has shown us what happened to Travis, and he was begging her to get help, and she kept on stabbing him.

The closet was where Jodi hid and had her backpack.

Do you remember Jodi saying none of her other boyfriends were dead? Someone posted in a thread or so back that Bobby had been killed June 10th and it gave me chills, but it was a different person.

No offense, but, I kind of feel like it's unfair to say that he was attracted to 'crazy' because all of the other women in his life seemed very sweet and almost innocent. Travis probably felt in the beginning that he could 'save her' She put on the proverbial 'damsel in distress' act. We can't fault Travis for that. From what everyone has said, He helped everyone, every chance he got. Unfortunately, he got caught in Jodi's twisted, evil web and couldnt get out.

gosh no way am I FAULTING him for that I'm just saying it's a possible explanation. i know you probably hate dr drew like most people on here but dr drew explained that men with dysfunctional childhoods can be subconsciously attracted to women who are "off" or "mixed up". it's not something i made up.

i swear in her first telling of the gun in the closet story, she said she pulled a SEAT over to stand on to get that gun.

am i hearing things? only on cross did i hear her say she used a shelf to get it.

IIRC, she stated that when she was CLEANING, she used the seat. And that is supposedly how later she knew it was there. :moo:

I've given this quite a bit of thought. Here's what I think happened. She went there with the intent of "reminding" him of their sexual compatability. She had already done everything she could to convince him to continue having a serious relationship with her by being a chameleon. That is by changing her personality to become exactly what she thought he wanted in a full time girlfriend, future wife, etc.

And she just could not fathom how he could reject her (not sexually, but by denying a serious, committed relationship) when she became everything she thought he wanted.

So in a way, this was a last-chance visit. So when TA restated that he was going away without her, JA came prepared. She tricked him into the shower photo taking - I believe he was actually posing in the pictures. When she got him in the most vulnerable position, sitting on the shower floor, she ran forward and stabbed him. She planned to do the stabbing in the shower so that she could wash off any traces of her DNA.

But instead of becoming incapacitated, he ran over to the sink, spitting blood. I believe this caught JA by surprise. I think she then started stabbing him in the back, while he was bent over the sink.

But he got (crawling perhaps) away from her, and he may have been screaming. And in fear of anyone hearing him screaming, yelling, whatever, (JA may not have known whether a roommate had come home at some point) she panicked and ran after him, slitting his throat to stop him from screaming. Weakened now, but maybe still barely alive, she drags him down the hall back into the shower. Since the bullet casing was found on the bathroom floor, but not in the actual shower stall, she may have shot him there for good measure. It's hard to say when that gunshot happened. Maybe in between the stabbing sequences.

Once she got him back into the shower, I think we all know she rinsed him off, tried to clean up the floor etc etc.

Those are my thoughts based on what I've heard so far. I could be completely wrong of course!

What is hard for me to grasp though, is how anyone, JA, or anyone, could systematically and thoroughly attempt to clean up the scene - if I saw that much blood myself, I would faint on the floor. I guess it takes some kind of sub-human to overlook that.

Ditto ditto ditto. Yes, I live in the land of dust, wind and tumbleweeds. Remember one time I was on a plane coming home and a guy from S. Carolina sitting next to me was looking out the window having never been in this part of the world and was asking me where the water and green was. He actually thought he was going to be seeing cowboys and Indians. HAHA. We can actually have every season in one day and did just last week. On occasion we have had winter in the front yard and summer in the backyard and vice versa. Arizona, Australia and the Middle East are the only three places in the world who have those humongous rolling dust storms that engulfs everything and those are called "Haboobs" which really cracks me up.

Hi again Leebee, yep that is west Texas. Dry and dusty. But it can be wonderful too. I have mets lots of people who believe Texas is all about cowboys and oil. Guess we can thank the Tv series "Dallas" for that. Haha. I just remember the tremendous lightning and thunder storms that start in May and don't end until October in East Texas. Cause by the heat. Every day as you are leaving work to get into your car, you get soaked in rain, not just a little, I mean soaked. I don't miss any of that. Just my family. But I am a Hoosier now!
I heard about the Haboobs. Seen Phoenix has had a couple in the last year. Those look frightening!

AND I can't believe she admitted... taking the forensic evidence, then making up a story that fit it?

WHAT? who does that and admits it LOL SO we will never know what happened in the closet (nothing happened) because nothing was disturbed and that is just one more detail she over looked. INSTEAD of saying the gun was at eye level and she grabbed it, she made the mistake of making the gun all the way at the top shelf so she would have to climb to get it.

what the heck did she do that for. Why all the way up so she has to fly up? Why not just right there between the shoes.. where even he could get it if he had to in a hurry.

who puts the gun in the attic - excuse me burglar, if you don't mind hanging on, I will go get the ladder and then retrieve my gun from the roof.. I have it lodged on the chimney in case I need it.

You're exactly right!
Thank God she's not that smart! That is one of the most important things that Juan made clear I think! You're running for your life (only that would justify her shooting him) and you hurriedly (in a matter of seconds because your abuser is on your heels!) you climb and reach for a gun on unstable shelves and NOTHING gets disturbed!?

Yeah right lady.
If you're lying about THAT, you're lying about everything!

Martinez's forte--he's now unbeaten in 14 murder trials--is his relentless passion for his cases and his attention to detail.

Let's make that 15!!

Hi Dmacky- that article is dated 1999 so I am pretty sure Martinez has gotten alot more convictions since then...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside, I would like to extend a warm
welcome_zpsdeaefc11.gif
to all the new members who have joined us recently...

hello Allyne Smithe... :welcome4:

great post!

Aw, thanks! Happy to be here! :seeya:

btw didn't Jodi tell Detective Flores and JM she and Travis were doing a Calvin-Klein-style photo shoot in the shower? Which JM brought out she'd previously said Travis wasn't thrilled about doing, that she had to persuade him?

She also said she'd take pics and show them to Travis and they'd decide which to delete. Maybe she is saying that to account for the rather long gaps between certain photos--gaps of 60 seconds, 116 seconds, 86 seconds. Bet she was prepared for that line of questioning but JM didn't ask her a thing about the time stamps on the photos.

Ah, but don't you think the jurors will have a few questions? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member