jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Katie, there is a pic somewhere that shows Jodi all red faced and puffy eyed after coming out of chambers. I think it was around the 20th of Feb. That pic shows what she looks like when she has really been crying. Wonder if she has a wet kleenex that she squeezes against her face when she puts her hands up so it looks like tears running down her cheeks! Where is that d*mn pic of her all red faced and puffy eyed?

i think it was rae carruth who a lot of people thought was using a cut onion inside a handkerchief or something like that.

nothing surprises me anymore.

Oh yes! You're right of course. I'll edit my post.
But now I'm even more confused! He sees her grabbing the gun in the closet and follows her anyways? Suure. Her story is just not possible.

AND I can't believe she admitted... taking the forensic evidence, then making up a story that fit it?

WHAT? who does that and admits it LOL SO we will never know what happened in the closet (nothing happened) because nothing was disturbed and that is just one more detail she over looked. INSTEAD of saying the gun was at eye level and she grabbed it, she made the mistake of making the gun all the way at the top shelf so she would have to climb to get it.

what the heck did she do that for. Why all the way up so she has to fly up? Why not just right there between the shoes.. where even he could get it if he had to in a hurry.

who puts the gun in the attic - excuse me burglar, if you don't mind hanging on, I will go get the ladder and then retrieve my gun from the roof.. I have it lodged on the chimney in case I need it.

I wanted to touch on something someone said about the jury asking to see the scar etc.

That would be interesting to see if she has a scar. In 2000, I tried to open a Christmas gift with a butcher knife. Yes, I was a statistic that year. It bled so much and hurt like crap. It burned like you would not believe and I could not bend it. I went to the emergancy clinic a few hours later when I could not get the blood to stop, to find out I needed surgery because I cut through the tendon.

Today the scar is not even visible from where they did the surgery. If I show it to you you would see it. However, since she didn't get medical help there should be a scar that is visible. I did a slicing motion trying to open the box, and cut right through it in between the knuckle and the hand. And to this day it doesn't have a lot of feeling. Which is common with the nerve and tendon damage and the fact I waited a few hours. Wonder if she can feel that finger?

Kelly

Didn't Det Flores see the injury when JA was telling him the ninja story?

why cant we just get an mri of the dang finger and have an expert testify that there is no injury to the finger other than a cut tendon. ...which happened when she murdered travis...

she is double jointed on that finger and she has scar tissue from a cut, she also has HUGE ugly hands...

such a liar...omigod.

Has that been linked here before?? sorry

Angel, yes it has way back, but for those that haven't seen or discussed - always good to get in on the opinions. Just because some of us have discussed, don't let that stop ya! You've seen many of us asking stuff that others help out with getting up to speed.

Anyway..... it appears (from looking at many versions previsiouly) that that is a Rorchar test.... and it's from his green iris' if compared to smaller blow ups IYWIM

:seeya:

I saw this mentioned somewhere else and cannot locate it, so KUDOS to whoever to picked up on this little fact: the remote that Jodi "returned" to Darryl Brewer. It struck me as just WEIRD that she went to breakfast, didn't get the gas cans, got a call (I think) and maybe met up with Mike McCartney again, THEN returned to DB's to give him his remote and get the gas cans. How the heck did his remote wind up in her possession and why?

This person (I sure wish I could name you) mentioned that MAYBE this remote went with the DVD player that was taken from her grandparents' house. That's always bothered me. What happened to that DVD player and stereo? I'm sure the cops checked pawn shops. Those are "hock-able" items, but NOT in Yreka, where "everybody knows everybody." She couldn't sell them there. But she WAS in need of money.

**MY THEORY**
JA sold the stereo to MM and the DVD player to DB, but MIXED UP the remotes. She had to meet MM to get the right remote for the DVD player and give MM the correct one for the stereo. At the time, they probably just thought she needed money for her trip and they were buying these items to help her out and knew nothing about the robbery.

MM has sung like a canary at this point, because he faces severe legal issues due to the forgery of the pedophile letters and whatever else he did to assist Jodi. If the defense doesn't call him, I am quite sure Juan Martinez will in his rebuttal case.

Anyway, I think the remote is SIGNIFICANT and we'll see it's significance in the rebuttal case. :twocents:

Hi Katie, there is a pic somewhere that shows Jodi all red faced and puffy eyed after coming out of chambers. I think it was around the 20th of Feb. That pic shows what she looks like when she has really been crying. Wonder if she has a wet kleenex that she squeezes against her face when she puts her hands up so it looks like tears running down her cheeks! Where is that d*mn pic of her all red faced and puffy eyed?

That was the day that they were in chambers with the Judge and the family of Travis decided to play the ENTIRE sex tape instead of only snipits. Jodi didnt like that and she DID look like she was crying that day.
uiy_zps85b8e5fa.jpg

AND I can't believe she admitted... taking the forensic evidence, then making up a story that fit it?

WHAT? who does that and admits it LOL SO we will never know what happened in the closet (nothing happened) because nothing was disturbed and that is just one more detail she over looked. INSTEAD of saying the gun was at eye level and she grabbed it, she made the mistake of making the gun all the way at the top shelf so she would have to climb to get it.

what the heck did she do that for. Why all the way up so she has to fly up? Why not just right there between the shoes.. where even he could get it if he had to in a hurry.

who puts the gun in the attic - excuse me burglar, if you don't mind hanging on, I will go get the ladder and then retrieve my gun from the roof.. I have it lodged on the chimney in case I need it.

i swear in her first telling of the gun in the closet story, she said she pulled a SEAT over to stand on to get that gun.

am i hearing things? only on cross did i hear her say she used a shelf to get it.

Well after the gun "went off" (on its own I assume) she said TA was screaming obscenities, however she could not remember any specific words. So for all her fog will allow her to remember it could have been "oh f*ck you just shot me in the f*cking face, why??? sh**, sh**, sh** I think I'm dying"

When I heard her say this I thought, I bet he was saying "Are you trying to kill me?"

Martinez's forte--he's now unbeaten in 14 murder trials--is his relentless passion for his cases and his attention to detail.

Let's make that 15!!

That friend is Dave Hall. If the DT doesnt have reservations about putting him on the stand, they are more incompetent than previously thought. Dave Hall has made it clear that he is one of Travis's closest friends and I believe he would defend Travis to his death! He's also made it clear as to how he and all of TA's friends feel about Jodi. He would know better than Jodi if Travis ever owned a gun and being an avid gun owner, I'm willing to bet Dave Hall would make sure Travis had a larger gun than a 25 cal. Juan said that day that the PT would like to call him as a witness for the prosecution.
To me.. (and this is MOO) it sorta seemed like Nurmi asking that Sky and Chris Hughes and Dave Hall not being able to watch the trial was more Jodi's doing. Her way to "show his friends" that she can still make their lives miserable... more of her showing her control. It wouldnt surprise me if Dave Hall calls her a LIAR from the stand and I would be cheering him on!
Sorry.. I hope this post doesnt offend anyone.

IIRC The defense team wanted to subpoena the tape of Dave and TA shooting to prove exactly what I don't know. He seems to be shooting some sort of huge military style weapon at targets in that tape but what do I know. The judge agreed and they asked Dave who was in the court if he would comply and when and he agreed he could provide it 'today'. It was the state who then advised the judge they would be calling Dave to testify on rebuttal. But ITA, Dave is no ally of Jodi and it would be suicide for the defense to call him. I'm not sure her defense team really believes in their client anyway. They're doing their jobs IMO and trying to ensure she gets effective and competent council but if JA insists he be called they just might do it. It's her grave not theirs.

her DA would be so glad to hear you say that. it means they did their job well. they've made her look as unattractive and plain and un-sexy as possible. baggy clothes and all.

I've been thinking the baggy pants are to hide the shock thingy on her leg. Her tops/shirts don't seem to me to be baggy. Agree with all the rest, though. She definitely going for the dowdy, frail & unthreatening look.

Martinez's forte--he's now unbeaten in 14 murder trials--is his relentless passion for his cases and his attention to detail.

Let's make that 15!!

The obvious passion he has and how much he knows about every inch of this case is extraordinary. I've really got to say he is now my all time favorite. I wish we could clone him...

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so apologies in advance if this has been discussed already. But I believe Jodi had a more nefarious reason to buy the Neutrogena sunblock than hoping Travis would take her to Cancun or that she just found a really good deal at Walmart. She was a woman on a mission--to kill Travis Alexander.

Vinnie Politan wondered aloud, "Why so many gas cans?" Might she have also contemplated arson, to burn the house, the body, and as much evidence as possible?

The Neutrogena UltraMist sunblock Jodi purchased was in a highly flammable aerosol can, not a tube. It has since been discontinued.

Pink Panther found the description of it on Paula's Choice website:

The product was labeled Flammable.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20062515,00.html
http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/02/27/the-hidden-danger-of-sunscreen/
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=10859

The facial cleanser may have had a similar purpose.

P.S. To me Travis looked scared the whole time he was posing in the shower. I wouldn't be surprised if she had the gun on him from the start.

:welcome: And I'll put ya down for being in the gun first crowd? :truce:

I am just trying to catch up on this case, as I thought I was not going to get this involved--Right?

Anyway viewing the autopsy photos, the carpet in the house, sink with blood in it, especially the slashed throat of Travis.....I cannot seem to wrap my head around the fact that this was done by this very (meek like a mouse looking) young women?

Just stop and think what it would be like to stab someone, penetrate the skin and feeling your hand meet the resistance of the plunge. Now multiply that by 27,slit a throat almost decapitating TA's head, and topping it off with a bullet to the face

Now after this horrendous act you must now clean up, you,Travis, towel and camera in the washing machine bleached, take the gun, the knife, the rope (if any), ,pack up your bloody clothes, and anything else that indicates you were there,place in trash bag and drive for hours through the desert where you will dispose of the evidence ......and let's not forget the 2 cutesy.
(nothing is wrong) text messages to a man you just slaughtered.

Then go on with your life as if nothing happened, convincingly!!!

Now think about this--there are women and men out there right now that look normal, but will slit your throat at the drop of a hat. Makes you want to enter a convent , eh? or at least have your children locked up there until they are 50.

My God, I look at this women on the stand, in pictures with Travis and wonder how we cannot see that EVIL within. ((((((Shiver))))))))

i swear in her first telling of the gun in the closet story, she said she pulled a SEAT over to stand on to get that gun.

am i hearing things? only on cross did i hear her say she used a shelf to get it.

That's what I had thought too, but someone here said that while she was cleaning one day she used that stool to stand on to dust, and that's how she knew the gun was up there.

You heard right. She gave two versions of that one.. Bench in one, climb up in the other
(ok what the other poster said could be what I am mistaking this with, her cleaning using the bench)

Right..she's all over the map with the finger but her BLOOD on her HAND was at the scene..on the wall, during the murder. If that's not cirumstantial I don't know what is. The jury just has to dismiss the direct evidence portion of this which is eye witness: from the lying defendant herself.

I wonder if the jury will take a vote across the board and just decide to dismiss EVERYTHING she's said on her days of testimony.

Exactly! Her blood and left palm print were found mixed with the victim's blood at the crime scene.
It seems a foolish point for her to continue arguing she had cut her right hand. Unless she was clapping her hands in the bloody hallway it makes no useful sense.
Although she argues many small points for seemingly no reason (returning a gas can, a disappearing cell phone, skating license plate flippers).

Maybe her attorneys stressed certain points were crucial to avoid premeditation? Though, they seem ridiculous in comparison with what is shown by evidence, and what she admits to (consciousness of guilt in covering up & multiple lies, admission of killing, calling detective to obtain information then making story to fit, etc).
I suppose once she determined her only chance was to trash the victim, some points needed to be 'adjusted' to 'comport' with that defense.

I truly hope the jury will see enough to determine the ever-changing quality of her story, but it's very sad that she's taking her time in the spotlight.
I hope the jury has many questions for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018