jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #65 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching CNN all morning .. problem with us is we get the stuff from the UK and Australian office as well and a whole lot of other international reports which shut out some of the American news :(

You need to check your listings for 'Anderson Cooper 360'. It was on in Canada last evening, so you may have missed the airing?

So ... according to last evenings Dateline episode about this case ...

TA had gone to see his ?bishop? about coming clean regarding the true nature of his relationship with JA.
Anyone know what date he made that visit?

Any indication that TA had relayed to JA the fact that he had started that process with his ?bishop? ?

All that stuff is so ridiculous .. I don't know who she thinks she is trying to convince .. Who hasn't done the naughty schoolgirl fantasy dress up? It's an absolute norm I'd suggest, and there's nothing particularly kinky about it, and it definitely doesn't mean the guy is in any way a pedo .. sheesh!! From what we have heard about the jury they don't sound like full on conservative types anyway, and let's be honest about role play in sex, it's usually the most conservative people who do the kinkiest things behind closed doors.

Even if Travis wanted Jodi to dress up as a priest while he 'defrocked' her it would mean absolutely nothing.

True story... when giving discharge instructions to a patient after having a baby, one of the things we explain is no sex...no nothing in your va-jj for x amt of time. This young girl replies.. can I still do it in my butt? :floorlaugh:

I just read this. It jumped out at me that Travis and Jodi only knew each other a year and a half! I don't know why I had not done the math before, and I knew that they were only "official" for 5 months -- but for some reason I've always had in my mind that they knew each other for 3 or 4 years.

That's just totally crazy that they only knew each other for such a short time. Completely undermines the "battered woman" tale even more.

Perhaps because it takes so stinkin' long to turn these ol' wheels o' justice...

Not a lawyer, but I understand that this will often vary by case.

Due to the unreliability of hearsay, as TA is not able to be called to testify about what he said/wrote/texted/emailed, etc. there will usually be limits.

At issue is that JA's counsel has no opportunity to question the deceased witness, if you will.

I know, I know... Whose fault is that?

Minor4th can speak to this.

You've stated it correctly. Even if Travis were alive and available to testify, the emails and texts would still not be admissible because they're still hearsay -- but of course there are a bunch of exceptions.

Since this is a capital murder case, I would think the judge would be even stricter on keeping out hearsay evidence to be used against the defendant, even if there's an argument that they fit within one of the exceptions.

That sounds right to me, except that he does not splash water on his face. The water at the edge if the sink was from the water dripping from his face and hands as he propped himself over the sink. If he ran the water, the blood in the sink would not have dried that way ... it had landed into a dry sink.

Also, since the camera was built for only right-handed operation, and JA is a leftie by nature, she would wield the gun in her left hand, hoping for a nice clean death in the shower with one shot.

She may have had the gun tucked in her waistband behind her back, as they do in the movies (as they were both movie buffs).

She had not contemplated the gun jamming, as she told Flores that if she had it in her to kill Travis, she would shoot him and keep shooting until he was dead. If you are only imagining a hypothetical situation, who would say that they would keep on shooting until they were dead? I would just say that I would shoot them. Period.

I also think that the camera and the shell casing got kicked around during the bloody scuffle down the hallway where Travis finally "stopped", as JA truthfully testified that "he wouldn't stop", although her version was meant to suggest that he would not stop attacking her, when in fact he wouldn't stop moving away from her, and he wouldn't stop breathing/living.

So you're discounting forensic evidence and medical testimony in favor of blurry cloud like pixelation imaginary apparitions and words from a psychopathic murdering liar?

Call me confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jodi was not going to let him go. I really don't think there's anything Travis could have done to avoid his fate at that point. If he hadn't let her in or had sex with her, she would have found another way. She was not just going to give up and get on with her life - she would have become more obsessed and determined, and she would have found a way to kill him.

I concur with you both.

She was the worst and last thing that ever happened to T-Dogg.

That's what I thought too, but there are SO many camera's there, I mean security is TIGHT! Isn't there another huge lake on the way? Someone was talking about how big it was, but I cannot remember the name of it.

You may be thinking of Lake Mead. It's the body of water formed by Hoover Dam and, by Southwestern U.S. standards, it is fairly large (although the water level is much lower than it used to be). There are numerous roads that reach the Lake: she wouldn't have had to dispose of the gun at the dam.

Otherwise, there aren't a lot of "large bodies of water" between Mesa, AZ and wherever Ryan lived in Utah (unless, perhaps, he lived by the Great Salt Lake).

But it's a vast desert. (Phoenix to SLC is like Orlando to Washington DC.) She could have easily buried the gun, floor mats, shoes, etc. somewhere along the way.

So you're discounting forensic evidence and medical testimony in favor of blurry cloud like pixelation imaginary apparitions and words from a psychopathic murdering liar?

Call me confused.

The above reply was meant for the person quoted in the post before it.
Anagrammys post.
Sorry for confusion

Oh, no question.

We've all heard of friends with benefits.

IMO, she was to him, by this time, just a free quickie before he goes to Cancun and continues to distance from her, unless she just happens to show up now and then with Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops.

E.g., after she moves to back to Yreka, how many trips did he make to see her there?

He was all but done with her, except when she was physically there, naked and begging for his flesh, 'adjusting' his anatomy, cajoling and seducing him with augmented breasts and alluring lines like "I want to **** you like a dirty, horny little school girl."

Some of us were thirty years old, once.

Don't you think if he had it to do over again...

I just keep trying to think of way that he didn't actually have sex with her that day - she took pictures of herself with the camera on timer, surprised him after he was sleeping and took his pictures on the bed, etc. But it just seems impossible sex didn't happen based on the time stamps and how long she was there. So sad he fell for her evilness. But how could he possible know what was coming??

Is this true of direct as well as cross?
I gotta go look.
BRB

Yes, it was on direct that she talked about using the stool when she was dusting and found the gun, and she also said on direct that she "jumped up on the shelf" to grab the gun on murder day.

On cross, she gave more details -- such as, she didn't use either hand, and only stepped on the very edge of one shelf to get up there.

From this article, Taylor Searle is quoted as saying: "He swore that she broke into his house and stole his journals. He had a journal with all his writing and it just disappeared and he swore that she took it.”

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

It breaks my heart everytime I read what Travis wrote about his best year ever was going to be 2008.

"On his blog, he had written some of his affirmations for the year 2008, in a post dated April 16, 2008."

“This year will be the best year of my life,” Travis wrote. “This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined.”

"Instead, the year would end in an unimaginable tragedy."

http://www.timespublications.com/aug10-feature1.asp

Here's some of it:

textmessage_zps2c954d4d.jpg

I'm searching for that text exchange, but can only find portions of it. I found this on a FB page "Only idiots think Jodi Arias is innocent", so take it for what it's worth, but apparently this is another portion of that text:

"I don't want your apology. I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. You are a sociopath. You only cry for yourself. You have never cared about me, and you have betrayed me worse than any example I could conjure."

ETA: Mods, if quoting from someone else's post on FB is taboo please let me know and I'll link this one. TIA.

All that stuff is so ridiculous .. I don't know who she thinks she is trying to convince .. Who hasn't done the naughty schoolgirl fantasy dress up? It's an absolute norm I'd suggest, and there's nothing particularly kinky about it, and it definitely doesn't mean the guy is in any way a pedo .. sheesh!! From what we have heard about the jury they don't sound like full on conservative types anyway, and let's be honest about role play in sex, it's usually the most conservative people who do the kinkiest things behind closed doors.

Even if Travis wanted Jodi to dress up as a priest while he 'defrocked' her it would mean absolutely nothing.

Well, I guess every strip joint in the country is teeming with pedophiles! The 'sexy school girl' is a stripper staple. So is the 'French maid.' All of the costumes she talked about is nothing that normal couples don't do--I like to make my hubby happy! Why is that being presented as a crime?

The above reply was meant for the person quoted in the post before it.
Anagrammys post.
Sorry for confusion

That is the post I had in mind when I read your post. lol

I just keep trying to think of way that he didn't actually have sex with her that day - she took pictures of herself with the camera on timer, surprised him after he was sleeping and took his pictures on the bed, etc. But it just seems impossible sex didn't happen based on the time stamps and how long she was there. So sad he fell for her evilness. But how could he possible know what was coming??

He didn't. She had to keep it as much like 'funny business' as usual to make it work.

They had done this frequently and regularly.

He was taken in completely.

As I said before, if he had it do over again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member