jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont find this case and the CA even comparable.

Anthony did not take the stand and was never subjected to cross examination.

This AZ is not going to drink the toxic koolaid.

IMO

Agree, there is no comparison whatsoever, right down to the defendant testifying in one and not in the other, and the jury being sequestered in one and not in the other.

The defense in both is pure fabrication, but that's because the defense is pure fabrication in many, many trials.

I agree. They wouldn't be reviewing and deleting pictures while he is in the shower. Take the pictures and review later, plenty of memory. Travis appeared to be very neat and tidy. He had a brand new camera. He is not going to want to get it wet looking at pictures and deleting. What was the reason she needed to say they deleted pictures? Wonder if there were others the police were unable to capture?

Isn't that what is great about having a digital camera. We take 10 zillion these days just for 1 or 2. good point.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Question about license plates: With all this discussion about the license plate(s) on Jodi's rental car, how many posting here are still required to have front and rear plates? We haven't had them in MI for 20 years, at least. Only a rear license plate is required on passenger vehicles; some commercial vehicles have both.

Remember when she said he did not like the word crap. I'm watching Nancy Grace Ministries and the email he sent to her uses crap like 5 *.

Lisa (the pretty little blonde girl) said he hated that word too, so Travis must have really been ticked of at Jodi to use that word.

I'm sure Travis did a lot of things he wouldn't do because of Jodi.:furious:

her new story on cross is: she never used her hands, only her feet and reached up, without disturbing ANY OTHER SHELVES and took the gun...without touching any other part of the wall shelvings with either hands...it was a FEAT with her FEET.....

JA, the new carnival wonder.....only uses her feet to balance herself, to reach up and retrieve an item from a top shelf...

You're too kind... :) But just say - for the sake of argument - that she did reach the gun without disturbing anything...
... Travis (per HER theory) followed her into the closet (no locks) and not only would he have been able to reach that same spot in the closet at almost exactly the same time (add a few milliseconds to compensate for the fact that he was sopping wet - but as soon as he got on the carpet that wouldn't matter), we're supposed to believe that HE also did nothing in excitement - say - attempt to overpower her or grab the little tiny gun? HE went through the closet and didn't disturb anything EITHER???

I don't believe this scenario (for obvious reasons) but I do think it's possible that Travis might have attempted to get the gun from her (had he not been incapacitated by the plunging stab to his heart, imv). For such a little gun, he may have had some false confidence about it. If only JA hadn't chosen to make this murder so up close and personal, brutally, by wielding (with some skill it seems, frighteningly enough) a very, very sharp, very strong knife...

Dammit.

right, ... and how?

I don't believe she forced him into the shower at gunpoint to take pictures.

I believe she lured him into the shower with the camera to shoot him with the gun.

I am having a hard time believing Travis would be so afraid of that gun that he could be ordered around over any period of time. It looks more like a toy than anything, from what I have gathered here. I think if it were pointed at him he would be cautious and not try to rile her while he quickly came up with a way to disarm her.

I feel that once he saw a weapon (whichever he saw first) everything happened fairly quickly, before he had time to do much by way of self defense.

According to a Harvard Psychologist, 4% or 12 million Americans are sociopaths. The problem with a good portion of our society is that they are uneducated in the signs, symptoms and lack awareness of the honed manipulative skills of the sociopath, and just plainly have horrible or non-existent radar for these types. Many folks don't understand or grasp the concept that sociopaths 'hide in plain sight'. They walk among us. While some of us can sniff one out a mile away, others couldn't recognize it if they stumbled right over one. The defense team's job is to paint the defendant as a sheep, when she is really a wolf. And jurors are a mixed group made of the savvy to the under savvy when it comes to recognizing a sociopath. Casey Anthony got a favorable mix of jurors who couldn't see through the wool being pulled over their eyes to save themselves. Let's hope the jurors on the JA trial are a much brighter group. I hate to see sociopaths get away with murder because of the simpleton naivety of others. Go Team Travis! GUILTY!

Yes - I've lived with one and it took me a long time to figure everything out. I get frustrated when I see someone who doesn't get the whole picture and it's difficult to explain to another person. I wish there was someway for more people to know about this.

Sorry, but I am not clicking on a link that starts with al Jazeera.com.

HAHAHAHAH!!! Why not? They are one of the best global news sites there is!

I promise you, It's perfectly safe and a great, credible resource.

:)

I question if he really saw the defendant the day before she murdered Travis, or if it was when she was living in California in July, 2007 before moving to Mesa.
For example, when did she pay him back after the murder?
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

Re: PaulS & loaning JA money

On the evening of June 2nd, JA went out with MattM and roommate to "The Red Room" and then to a karaoke bar.

I think it is possible that JA may have run into PaulS at one of those places and she may have asked for a loan then. ??? JMO

Good morning all!

Her testimony from Thursday regarding the shell casing is a bit curious.

M: Right so how is it ma'am that if you are shooting him and that's the first thing that happened, then how is it that the shell-casing, exhibit 111 then landed in blood?
N: Objection, calls for speculation
J: Overruled*
A: It didn't land in blood*
M: You see exhibit 111, right?
A: Yes*
M: That's the casing that was involved in this case isn't it?

M: This was the first, if you will, blow, correct?
A: Yes*
M: And this is how the casing landed, do you see it?
A: That's not how it landed from the blow*

My question to her would be: Well, where did it land then? Are you suggesting that the shell casing was moved? Despite being in a "fog", you seem to be suggesting that you specifically remember the exact location of the shell casing after you shot Travis.

I'm thinking that maybe she definitively states that it is not where the casing landed because she didn't actually shoot him in that area of the bathroom, and the casing somehow ended up there during her clean up efforts. I know there was some discussion about her probably loving all the speculation about how every thing went down, and she is the only one who truly knows. I think that during this part of her testimony, she couldn't help herself and refuted the photographic evidence. It would have been better for her if she just continued with the " I don't know". Instead she definitively states "that's not how it landed".

Phew! This took me a long time to write. I hope this makes sense!
...or she's suggesting tampering with the evidence. Which wouldn't surprise me...she's blamed everyone else already for EVERYTHING!

I am having a hard time believing Travis would be so afraid of that gun that he could be ordered around over any period of time. It looks more like a toy than anything, from what I have gathered here. I think if it were pointed at him he would be cautious and not try to rile her while he quickly came up with a way to disarm her.

I feel that once he saw a weapon (whichever he saw first) everything happened fairly quickly, before he had time to do much by way of self defense.

BBM Agreed, and why?

If you're going to take snaps as trophies you don't delete them then leave the camera in a washing machine. The 'photo session' (if he even knew she was there) was a means by which to lure him into a vulnerable and virtually defenceless position, nothing more.

I'm 99.999% there will be a "guilty" verdict, but I'm not sure she will get the DP.

I would like for Jodi to get the DP but if she does not, I'll settle for LWOP.

IF there is no "guilty" verdict or it's a hung jury, I'm never watching a trial

ever again.

I have been hooked on this case since I first saw it on 48 Hours Mystery back in 2009.

I'm quite positive there will be a guilty verdict though.

:please:

i'm with you. i really believe she'll be found guilty and i think there's a good possibility she'll get the needle too. she IS the worst of the worst, IMO, and if the jury is seeing what we are, it's the proper and just punishment for the crime.
i'm quite sure in the penalty phase, nurmi will put her very ill father up there to beg for her life. that MIGHT work, but i think TA's grieving, suffering family should trump his plea.

This brings to mind that response she had to JM's question concerning the size of Travis' closet. JM said it was a fairly small closet, wasn't it? And she actually said no, it's bigger than where she lives now. And he said, what? Then she repeated it. Did you guys notice that angry, po'd expression on her face, it was like "if looks could kill". :what: I really got the distinct impression that at that moment she was blaming Travis for her being in jail, and that it was just getting all over her that his closet was actually bigger than her little tiny cell. :what: Of course JM came through with a kick *advertiser censored** response. :rocker:

I thought of that too... sleuther that I am - I searched everywhere I could think of trying to find out if there is a standard size cell at Estrella - probably differs if it's a single or double, but maybe not... I couldn't find anything.

The photo of a cell I did come across from that jail was pretty small. But I'm not sure how their measuring the dimensions of the walk-in closet - by the usable floorspace (carpeted) or are they including the depth of the closets in their general measurement of it's size.

I think the closet is bigger than the cell I saw, but - it's supposed to be like that. Oh right, she's presumed innocent at this juncture. Well, maybe if she gave up the gun location she could help herself out a little bit. Not enough, though.

I think to a prosecutor they go guns a blazing at all defendants. They may feel something personal now and then depending on their life experiences, or in a case as brutal as this, this might be the fight of his life to put this woman on death row because this was just so unreal.

In each Prosecutors careers they might encounter a "Trial Of The Century" once, twice or never. A high profile case to me would be exciting, I wonder how they feel? More pressure maybe? Or they try to block that out?

my sister and i were very good friends from high school with judge robert perry who worked as a criminal court judge in las vegas.

he presided over the james biela trial (the guy who abducted the university of nevada student brianna dennison from a sofa and raped and killed her and raped 2 other students).

he said it never left him and he felt like he was never the same again.

That is a scary spot to be in. Years ago I got an Order of Protection against my husband who I was separated from at the time. He had not been served with it yet when I came home one day and he was hiding in the house...which was technically his house as well as in my state there is no legal separation. When the police arrived at the house to serve the order of protection he hid behind the door and co-erced me into telling them he was not there..... Keep in mind I was dealing with someone who was out of their head on drugs and so I went along with his little scam...:blushing:
Thankfully I worked on my co-dependancy and am now divorced and free from his sick manipulations...it was a long road but after many twists and turns I have finally arrived !

icon14.gif
Congratulations! And be proud of yourself, cubbeegirl -- you did what you knew you had to do & found the strength to do it.

He worked & worked on you and somehow implanted (for lack of a better word) the fear & depencency, and that implant is not a part of you anymore -- but you still remember it and have become a better woman for having learned to rise above it. Impressive!
icon14.gif

But, couldn't that have been when he lunged at her (a silly thing to do IMO, regardless of the gun's size) and when he was shot, he stumbled to the sink (where there was a massive amount of blood) to look in the mirror to see the damage? That's when she started stabbing him in the back? He must at one point tried to get away...perhaps crawling? Perhaps they both ended up on the floor at some time. What else would explain the stab wounds on the bottom of his feet?

I wonder why JM didn't bring these texts up? They are crucial in my opinion.

Yes, I think that was his one big mistake in cross. It seems he didn't like to bring up up texts that showed Travis angry. Although in this case it's righteous anger at someone doing him wrong. I think it was also important to motivation since it came just 2 days before the gun was stolen.

This is utter speculation on my part: what if the texts sent on May 26 were because Jodi had informed Travis that she had recorded the phone sex from Ma 10 and was going to take it to the Bishop? Because there is no way that he consented to let alone requested that she record that. And then, knowing that she had something on him, she drove to Mesa and told him that she would give him the recording if he would just have sex with her one last time or something similar? I dunno, maybe I've spent too much of this Sunday thinking about the last week of Travis' life.

Sociopaths, IMHO, never know why someone is angry with them after the s$$t they pull. I do think that Jodi used some of Travis' true reactions to her B$ as she weaved her tale. Sure he got angry...who wouldn't under the circumstances. I don't think we know half of the cr*p that went down. Jodi truly is an evil person and evil people truly do evil things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luisgill