jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there's too much focus on the sex in this case and I hope it doesn't distract the jury from the issue at hand. These two weren't the first to have anal sex or do costume play and they certainly won't be the last, even if the media is acting like this is the first they've ever heard of this crazy stuff.

I agree. They wouldn't be reviewing and deleting pictures while he is in the shower. Take the pictures and review later, plenty of memory. Travis appeared to be very neat and tidy. He had a brand new camera. He is not going to want to get it wet looking at pictures and deleting. What was the reason she needed to say they deleted pictures? Wonder if there were others the police were unable to capture?

Good points! imo she came up with that excuse to account for the lapses of a minute or longer when she isn't taking any photos, including critical seconds immediately preceding the attack.

Some deleted photos were not recoverable, only the thumbnails, which is why those are blurry. Whether more were deleted including the thumbnails is a good question, but possibly unknowable.

the interview was on youtube. if you type in youtube dr drew on jodi arias, in the search bar, it will come up. he said she told him travis was seeing other people and she had to get to mesa.

Wow. Can this person be called as a witness?Or would it be considered heresay? I typed in the search words you suggested, but tons of videos come up. Do you know the exact title of the video?

Cases can be won and lost on fabricated "everything" Sadly it's rarely about the truth.

I really love this Prosecutor though, he strikes me as the genuine article when it comes to fighting for a Victim, no doubt about it!

I totally love this Prosecutor. He comes across as honest, credible, passionate, and a fighter for the victim who has been cruelly mudered.

The most riveting part of this trial is when Juan is up asking questions. When Nurmi is up I cant keep my eyes open nor concentrate.

IMO

I feel like there's too much focus on the sex in this case and I hope it doesn't distract the jury from the issue at hand. These two weren't the first to have anal sex or do costume play and they certainly won't be the last, even if the media is acting like this is the first they've ever heard of this crazy stuff.

I really do hate that the defense made sex a big part of this case starting right out the gate in OS but imo the entire thing has backfired on the DT.

These are just two consenting adults doing whatever they wish to do and really it is a side issue but the Prosecutor has to confront it and boy has he ever and not only shown that Arias was the leader but also very sexually savvy.

The opposite of what they were wanting the jury to believe.

IMO

Wow. Can this person be called as a witness?Or would it be considered heresay? I typed in the search words you suggested, but tons of videos come up. Do you know the exact title of the video?

I question if he really saw the defendant the day before she murdered Travis, or if it was when she was living in California in July, 2007 before moving to Mesa.
For example, when did she pay him back after the murder?
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

Of course. The Casey Anthony defense was pure fabrication. And the jurors bought it hook, line and sinker.

I hope the jurors in AZ have common sense, unlike the ones...ah, nevermind.

I dont find this case and the CA even comparable.

Anthony did not take the stand and was never subjected to cross examination.

This AZ is not going to drink the toxic koolaid.

IMO

Are they still backing her up? I don't think so. IMO

What in the world would jodi want a baby for? The only thing she loves in this world is herself, she's incapable. Why would she want ...basically ... A parasite....when she is one?

Easy. It would be the chain that connected her to TA forever and ever. He would HAVE to keep a relationship with her for many, many years to come. Also a baby would mean a steady income whether by child support or government benefits. Selfish women have babies for all the wrong reasons every day.

Why is she taking pictures of him while holding a gun?

right, ... and how?

I don't believe she forced him into the shower at gunpoint to take pictures.

I believe she lured him into the shower with the camera to shoot him with the gun.

According to a Harvard Psychologist, 4% or 12 million Americans are sociopaths. The problem with a good portion of our society is that they are uneducated in the signs, symptoms and lack awareness of the honed manipulative skills of the sociopath, and just plainly have horrible or non-existent radar for these types. Many folks don't understand or grasp the concept that sociopaths 'hide in plain sight'. They walk among us. While some of us can sniff one out a mile away, others couldn't recognize it if they stumbled right over one. The defense team's job is to paint the defendant as a sheep, when she is really a wolf. And jurors are a mixed group made of the savvy to the under savvy when it comes to recognizing a sociopath. Casey Anthony got a favorable mix of jurors who couldn't see through the wool being pulled over their eyes to save themselves. Let's hope the jurors on the JA trial are a much brighter group. I hate to see sociopaths get away with murder because of the simpleton naivety of others. Go Team Travis! GUILTY!

Yea, let's hope that a sociopath didn't end up ON the jury. Geesh. So many factors to consider sometimes. I think that Casey's crocodile tears and Jose Baez's opening statement played the jury into thinking that she couldn't be the person the prosecution said she was. From what I understand, they were all the way on the other side of the courtroom, so they couldn't see that she never really cried for Caylee. The only time I saw real tears is when JB was talking about how tough life was for Casey. :rolleyes: Sadly, JA can cry on cue, and cry actual real tears, so even though the jury is closer, if they look at her they can see her face is wet. Though, remarkable that she never blows her nose, but that's another story.

I agree 100% with what you said about people not recognizing sociopaths. Sadly, sociopaths have had the span of their lifetime, by the time they are an adult, to practice their "craft", so they know how to manipulate people and are often superficially charming, and that charm can be blinding to some. It seems that Travis' friends could read Jodi a lot better than Travis could, and that's why they didn't like her around. It must have been annoying to her that she couldn't "charm" them into being her friends. She had Travis caught in her web quickly, so he just couldn't see the forest for the trees, and by the time he opened his eyes to who she really was, it was too late. ::sighs::

Not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but using your post as a jumping point.

I'm not sure of the purpose of the nude shots if not for her own pleasure. She is so narcissistic that it seems to me they would be a great trophy of how she seduced him, got him into a vulnerable position, and then killed him without him knowing what hit him.

The use of a timer to take those nude shots sticks at me a bit. Where did she put the camera to get the angle of the shot of the self portraits? Is there a piece of furniture that level where she could have balanced the tripod/mini-tripod? The shot is clear, so the camera had to be located on a sturdy/steady piece of furniture higher than Jodi.

I just can't configure this in my head. Anyone good at photography that can answer this?

This whole case gives me a "slimed" feel when I try to figure out how it really went down. Every question I have makes me want to take a shower. WHO thinks like this Arias woman?????

Originally Posted by luvtenniss
Ok, after as angry as Travis was at JA at the end of May, I am still struggling with them having sex on June 4. Especially when there is no other evidence of them having taken those kinds of pictures before. This is the current theory I am working on:

Travis did not know JA was going to see him. She shows up as he is on his computer. They discuss things, she tries to seduce him, and it doesn't work. She is there for a few hours, and acts like she is leaving. Travis then goes up and goes to sleep. JA sneaks back in and goes up to his room. Sets the KY on the bed for staged pictures, but he wakes up. Her thoughts were to use this as blackmail. He gets out of bed and goes down to his office, telling her to leave.

She stages the pictures of herself using the timer. She reverses the time on the camera. Remember how she was so adamant about the emails being 7 hours off? She knew how to reset times on devices. Plus, the pictures where you can see her face do not look like someone playfully having her picture taken. Her face looks more like she is concerned if it the pictures are going to come out all right.

She goes to confront Travis and kind of blackmail him into taking her to Mexico or just committing to her. Doesn't work and Travis goes up to shower. It's then she decides that she will have to kill him because her other plan didn't work. She takes the majority of the pictures of him in the shower without him knowing. When he does see her, she is armed and ready to go.

She deletes the photos before she leaves so there would be no evidence.

I really do not think they had sex that day. I think he spent a good part of the day trying to ignore her, thinking she would finally just leave.

I know there are probably a ton of reasons why this could not be the situation, but it's the best I've got right now.
good except as posters have said before why would she steal a gun and do all that cover up before the murder ? without a clear intent to kill?

Of course. The Casey Anthony defense was pure fabrication. And the jurors bought it hook, line and sinker.

I hope the jurors in AZ have common sense, unlike the ones...ah, nevermind.

They will, there will be a Guilty Verdict. What else, I cannot say. She won't be getting out.

in the CA case, for some reason they could not connect her hands to the actual death...what did she do and how. They felt they were missing something.

I know some of you will kill me for this ... well, not analogy but... In that case, you have a mother and a dead daughter. The impact on my life and yours is not directly seen. We can feel bonded and close to the little toddler through video and photos and really felt horrible grief over that. And disdain for the mom if not others. But her deed hurt herself and her parents and siblings and her extended family. She lives with that.

I wonder if in a case like that, it was easier to let the details get blurred because this was her own daughter.

In a case like this, this woman traveled 1280 miles and killed someone else's family member, and it affects his entire family that this stranger destroyed a part of them.

I don't know if that expresses what I mean? And every life is precious, but from a Juror seat... are they all equal?

Easy. It would be the chain that connected her to TA forever and ever. He would HAVE to keep a relationship with her for many, many years to come. Also a baby would mean a steady income whether by child support or government benefits. Selfish women have babies for all the wrong reasons every day.

I agree. It could be (thank God) she is unable to concieve?

I dont find this case and the CA even comparable.

Anthony did not take the stand and was never subjected to cross examination.

This AZ is not going to drink the toxic koolaid.

IMO

Yes, CA and her attorney may not be the sharpest tools in the shed, but they knew to keep her off the stand. Thankfully, JA is even less sharp!

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but, I woke up wondering just HOW Nurmi is gonna bring Jodi back to "abused and humiliated" about Travis "j*zzing" and the "facials" she talked about on cross?
Seemed Nurmi was saying "how did it make you feel when he ejaculated on your back"...to which she replied something about feeling like a piece of TP or a prostitute or whatever.
IMO, that "word" she used....and this is just MY opinion.....was thrown out so nonchalantly, like BOOM! Maybe it's my age, or how I was brought up, but there are MANY other terms to use. ESPECIALLY in front of a judge and jury when you're supposed to be feeling sooo used.
I'd be hard pressed to go back to feeling that ANYTHING "deposited" on her, in her or wherever, was a humiliating experience.

That's what I'm most looking forward to tomorrow. AND, let's see how Nurmi is gonna blame JM for "scrambling her brain" and that she just admitted things to make him stop.
Trust me when I say it is NOT your age! :great: I'm 3 years older than Jodi and I had to spend a few hours scraping my jaw from my carpet. ;)

It's not the word for me...but rather the place she used it. C'mon. You are in court on a murder charge - some decorum, please? But alas, not Jodi.
(Little does she realize the fervor of her testimony seems to contradict the degrading sex aspect of DV she was so desperately trying to manipulate.)

Arias testified that she had parked in the middle spot of the driveway on 6/4/08. Why didn't Zach Billings or Enrique Cortez (Travis' roommates) mention anything about the car in the driveway ? In Detective Flores' report, and according to Zach, he arrived home at 3:00 PM in the afternoon on 6/4 and left an hour later. Enrique arrived home somewhere around 6-6:30 PM.
Surely they would have mentioned the car had they seen it.

Also, if Travis was killed @ 5:30 - 5:35 PM on 6/4 and Arias knew that Enrique would possibly get home around 6 PM, she had very little time to clean up the crime scene and get out without being seen or heard. To me, that kind of negates the theory that Arias showered or bathed at the scene.

Anatomically, the knife would have gone through fold of skin if he was seated. There would be more lacerations to the chest wound that would appear parallel. If that had happened, his subclavian might not have been penetrated.... And the outcome different. IMO

Actually the photos of the shower door opening from right to left just reminded me of why I didnt think the first stab came while sitting. It justs seems to me that he is looking at her through the shower door, unless she convinced him to open the door? Whatever, I'm just bummed about the lack of setting up the motive more precisely which I think can be done through a lot of the timing of text messages and the recorded video.

In death penalty or 1st degree murder cases, people seem to have trouble if they can't understand a killers motive. Even though proving motive is not necessary, it sure helps persuade a juror sitting on the fence when that is the core of their doubt. I know that JM only needs to prove pre-meditation and successfully rebut the self-defense argument. However, it seems that JM is particularly determined to implicate JA as the person who encouraged the sex and restore TA's reputation. I'm thrilled that is is achieving that goal. I also want a conviction and I hope that JM does bring the crucial emails from Spril 2008 that demonstrate the type of revenge TA implies is never physical, it's about disclosure of JA's BS and potential blackmail with the sex tape that prompted him to send those emails at the end of May and not because she sent him pamphlets. That story is such a load of BS.

Jumping off ...

Was the shower drain checked?

JA had her handy dandy license plate flipping screwdriver tool - could have removed a couple of screws on shower drain plate - inserted murder knife - replaced and screwed down shower drain. ????

No, I mean in the photo! The drain is missing!! :)

I've always been semi-focused on the drain (some think it is Travis' stuff, but the arc is too big - and it matches the drain in the photo of the shower after Travis' body has been removed (but still bloody).

I mention the drain (that disappeared in the image several posts back! :) ) because of Travis' positioning in the last photo of him, seated in the base of the shower - the one that does not show his head.

He looks like he is seated as close to the back wall as possible, perhaps cowering? Curling up expecting to be injured because a gun is pointed at him?

The drain is in the middle of the shower - it actually looks like it may be slightly closer to the rear wall of the shower.

It seems to me that if he were just posing, his bum would be a little more centered on the floor of the shower.

Maybe the shower head is tilted towards the back wall (to protect the camera) and he's just trying to stay under the water, but it just doesn't look right to me...

If I can find them, I'll post that photo of Travis - side by side (resized - no blown margins) with the empty bloody shower photo.

That is IF I can post an image - I tried earlier and I couldn't seem to make it work - thought I knew what I was doing... Not so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ