jodi arias TAKES THE STAND #66 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HA! HA! KCL I did get to ask you a question!!
animated-smileys-laughing-116.gif

Like what they said on the radio show - Jodi killed Travis three times, and now in the courtroom has tried to kill him and his reputation again. When is she going to stop killing Travis?

Not until after the needle, my friend.

Jodi is not some little delicate flower. She is a woman that can slit a man's throat. Give me a break on the mean please.

Travis having "gone to the bishop" casts a whole new light on the above. Once a sexually active single Mormon has "gone to the bishop," a whole process of repentence is started up. He has to name the partner and that partner's bishop is informed that an affair has been transpiring. The partner is called into their bishop's office.

The reporting person is considered the more righteous. Women are considered less culpable than men. A man who is reported for sexual misconduct (by neighbors, friends, etc) may be either disfellowshipped or sent up the ladder of authority to the stake level for an excommunication trial, which is called a "Court of Love." It looks just like an inquisition with 15 or so chairs in a half circle around the single chair of the accused in the
center. It is not really a trial (no witnesses or facts) just the all-male suits talking and the accused. A person may be excommunicated even if they are repentent and promise to drop the person.

At some point after Arias left Mesa, and after the phone sex, Travis went to the bishop, according to Dateline. He would have to go back and confess again if he had sex with Arias after the visit. He was able to avoid losing his membership or undergoing the embarrassment of disfellowship by promising to cut her out of his life completely. He bailed on his plans to see her but did not tell her he had gone to the bishop out of fear of retaliation (he knew who slashed his tires....etc)

I think Jodi found out he had gone to his bishop and began to realize that she had lost all those wonderful friends (actually Travis' friends) in Arizona and now she was going to be facing excommunication herself as the unrepentant person in a fornication case. The actions of those courts are announced in Mormon leadership meetings and become the fodder for gossip. My point: he was taking away her reputation by confessing and naming her.

Nobody takes anything away from Ms. Arias. I believe that's when she began assembling evidence--taped the sex phone call, tried to find anything incriminating and ruin his reputation in return.

If he was going to dump her and take away from her the connection to the Mormon Church and PPL (intertwined), how would she be able to *advertiser censored* jump from man to man posing as a sincere believer/insurance saleswoman?

It was a lot harder from her Yreka bedroom at Grandma's than it was to throw that chum out in the water and sucker in a rich guy at a conference in Las Vegas.

To back up my point-

SHE NEVER WORKED THE PPL, just went to meetings. She made a grand total of $1700 in a year-- and that was with personal help from Travis and weekly inspirational phone calls from Gus.

SHE NEVER LIVED LIKE A MORMON, failing to keep the most basic rules which were promised at baptism. Believe me, as a single bombshell, those rules were laid out to her in fourth grade vocabulary.

SHE NEVER SOLD A PHOTOGRAPH, choosing to "focus" on her interest in taking pictures and turning down a good-paying career as a wedding planner because that did not put her in proximity to rich eligible bachelors, rather put her next to women less pretty (in her view) than she was and they were getting married!

ROAD TRIPS were not vacations and she refused to allow them to be referred to that way. They were her work. Photography was a way to justify the road trips where she leaped from man to man to man, making bank deposits along the way.

SHe thought she had it made in the shade latching onto MOrmonism because it was a way she could APPEAR to be religious or good without being that way. And she could be among a ton of men eager to get married. Which was EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTED It is far more effective for a maneater like Jodi to be Mormon because unlike other religions, it is considered to be unspiritual and slightly weird to be unmarried; therefore, the men are all looking for wives. Also, they are naive.

Utah is the multi-level marketing mecca of the USA. It is also the state with the most white collar affinity crime - Mormons on Mormons. Young men ages 16-24 in Utah have the highest suicide rate in the United States. Utah is the state with the largest *advertiser censored* consumption in the nation. The whole focus on not-masturbating creates tragedies and mental illness for many normal Mormon males. As a single attractive female convert in Mormonism, EVERY SINGLE MAN I dated asked me to marry him-- and quickly too! I soon realized this was not my charms in action, this was a cultural problem.

Against this backdrop crawls forth Jodi Arias. She must have thought she died and went to heaven at her first Mormon-loaded PPL meeting. To hell with you, Daryll, I found some MARRY-MINDED boys and I have what they want.

She saw herself as having something unique to offer--the kinks of the worldly experience with the absolution of baptism and now she's clean, childless and oh-so-available.

Travis' rejection was taking away from her his love and allowing another woman to have what she felt was hers. It was also taking away from her the entire stage of theater on which she was performing so beautifully. She went from bed to bed to bed and in the Prepaid Legal world, she could travel the country that way-- she might never need to work. Imagine how she felt when she acquired a BMW from Travis! She was SET!

Now he was going to not only take away his love, but take her reputation with him, and now she learns he's gone to the bishop. That is the real end of the relationship. The going to the bishop. Her masquerade was definitely over.

I don't believe he had sex with Jodi when she showed up. I think he forbade her to come. I believe she took photos of him staging sex with the kY tubes while he was sleeping and photos of herself.

So many, many things to think about here. Great post!

: )

For those not listening to the radio show, Tricia is asking why JA did what she did.

How can a wooden spoon in childhood make this monster who is Jodi Arias?

Jodi is not some little delicate flower. She is a woman that can slit a man's throat. Give me a break on the mean please.

:waitasec:
And yet the "mean" prosecutor didn't even make her look at the autopsy photo of his neck slashed from ear to ear and answer questions regarding it.

I don't think being shy in groups is so strange. I have ADHD and I'm really quiet when I'm in a group of people but pretty talkative and goofy when I'm with just one person or a few people I know. It's just tricky when it is a group of people because my ADHD makes it really hard to filter everything out. I guess it is a sensory thing. All of the conversations, music, movement, lights etc...it all gets really overwhelming and I almost start to panic because I'm unable to organize my thoughts. I don't know, I guess it probably sounds really strange to someone who hasn't experienced it. :dunno:

I have social anxiety myself--I just think Jodi didn't based on the fact she would physically hang on Travis when he was addressing a group at his house--while in front of the group, Jodi would suck on his ear, hang physically on him, etc. That is ATTENTION GETTING behavior, IMO. She is really creepy and strange. I think the social quietness was something else.

Haha, it's ok it was his own attorney so he would have asked him how it made him feeeeeeellllll ;)

Adam's attorneys Milian and Matthewman were equal opportunity yellers in that trial.

I really am shocked by anyone who says Juan was mean or too aggressive, IMO he could have been a lot more aggressive with her but choose not to.

I don't know how the jury could have disregarded the ME's report. Just...wow. Yay Florida.

ok back to topic....I too don't see exactly how Juan is mean to her. Geez i didn't think it was an attorney's job on either side to be nice.....and I have seen true jerk lawyers in action (all defense attorneys though).
Why should anyone who committed a crime that heinous be treated with kid gloves? Juan would be forceful with her even if she was a guy. He could care less whatsoever between her legs....she is a murderer in his mind.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It was my understanding that Travis would need to reveal the name of his partner and that partner's Bishop would be contacted. I haven't heard anything about JA's Bishop being notified after she moved back to CA, that is if she even had one. I do believe this sexual activity between them was something she "had" on him, so to speak.

MOO

The thought just popped in my head that maybe JA went to 'her' bishop who in turn contacted Travis' ? I'm just trying to fill in the blanks from Travis' text that was posted hours ago. I imagine the tire slashing, stalking, texts, phone calls, sudden appearances, journal stealing and facebook 'hacking' isn't all that he was talking about. Ok, reading over that short little list I guess that is enough for him to have called her out as a sociopath etc.

Brand New Member Here...just needed to comment--crossing fingers that this first post goes well.

I have poured thru everything I can find about this case from trial, HLN, Dateline, and MANY online blogs.

On Travis' Blog, Monday, May 5, 2008 Introduction to "Raising You" he says "I learned how to turn so that when she hit me she would strike my back and arms, the pain was less there....every time she would scream those words I would hear his words instead, every time I would feel her fist sink into my back, I could feel my Grandfather’s hands on my shoulders, and I knew she couldn’t reach what was great inside of me."

It makes me so sad and sick to think of him reverting to childhood trauma habits while Jodi was sinking a knife in his back and the words she probably said.

And no matter what anybody on any site, tv show, etc. says regarding her version of events----HE HAD STABS ON THE BOTTOM OF HIS FEET! As a kid, I remember putting my feet up to protect myself when fighting with my sisters. Why would anyone protecting themselves think to stab someone in the BOTTOM of their feet???

BritsKate being mentioned on the radio with thanks for teaching us what she knows only too well. It's true. I thank her for being on this forum.

The thought just popped in my head that maybe JA went to 'her' bishop who in turn contacted Travis' ? I'm just trying to fill in the blanks from Travis' text that was posted hours ago. I imagine the tire slashing, stalking, texts, phone calls, sudden appearances, journal stealing and facebook 'hacking' isn't all that he was talking about. Ok, reading over that short little list I guess that is enough for him to have called her out as a sociopath etc.

That would certainly fit with the tone of the email she sent to the new girl he was dating.

:waitasec:
And yet the "mean" prosecutor didn't even make her look at the autopsy photo of his neck slashed from ear to ear and answer questions regarding it.

I honestly and truly dont understand why Jodi Arias has to be treated any differently than any other ruthless premeditated murderer.

Whats the difference?

I've been wondering if maybe the smell wasn't that bad in the house. I'd think that the ac would be on and maybe that kept his body cool. And I'm sure the shower was a cool spot to. Does that make sense? And the door to his bedroom was closed, that may have helped keep the odor in his bedroom.

I've also wondered if the bathroom fan was on, maybe having some of the smell going up and outside. But I agree, the AC was on, he was back in the back part of a bathroom. I'm not surprised it took several days to become really bad.

I will listen to radio show when RL stops being 'real'....:sigh: carp night here (O/T....but how apropos that my ex-boyfriend AKA jerk-*advertiser censored**hole-psycho-restraining order breaking freak would chose just now now to pop out of oblivion)
Sorry
/vent

And on top of all that....re-direct tomorrow....
Somebody tell me its going to be okay...

kscornfed said:
Who said he went to the bishop aboutDeanna

The honest :liar: defendant said that on the stand during direct.

Yes ! It was Jodi that said he went to the Bishop about what happened with Deanna. Not exactly a credible source. I also believe that one of Travis' male friends also said that Travis had addressed this area with his Bishop before he met Jodi. I will post the link if I can find it.

I honestly and truly dont understand why Jodi Arias has to be treated any differently than any other ruthless premeditated murderer.

Whats the difference?

Unwillingness to trust the jury, perhaps?

Especially after the Pinellas County Twelve kicked Lady Justice to the curb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734